Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
zelena is the biggest troll.

adult lily looks nothing like young lily (they're not even the same race) but looks amazingly like maleficent which considering how good the casting department usually is means they probably didn't have any of this planned out in advance

this show has been going off the rails lately but it never really was on the rails to begging with so I don't mind. I thought the charmings being soul destroying baby snatchers was dark but they keep one upping themselves with having a character being mauled to death by dogs on the orders of her psychotic child and then the dogs being made into a coat and now the wicked witch is a crazy rapist

I can't imagine what they have planned for the finale. maybe sora donald and goofy will show up and we'll go full kingdom hearts anything is possible if you just believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
How long has Robin been gone from Storybrook? Because it didn't take his dick that long to forget Regina. Daaaaaamn.
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

foxatee posted:

How long has Robin been gone from Storybrook? Because it didn't take his dick that long to forget Regina. Daaaaaamn.
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn!

I thought the curse made you forget Storybrooke.

That would be impressive that they did not know about Lilly as the episode she was introduced was this season.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Troposphere posted:

...now the wicked witch is a crazy rapist

Not to get all, "What goes around comes around," with this, because this is lovely all around and no one deserves this or wins out, but recall, Regina did this to the Huntsman when she controlled his heart and forced him to have sex with her. Except she took it one step further and instead of getting knocked up, killed him when he teetered towards leaving her.

This show... Once Upon a Time has seriously been turning into The Maury Show.

...and I have to make this pun, it's killing me. Robin's pecker left for GREENER pastures.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 27, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
oh yeah I forgot about that. Lana Parrilla is just such a good actress she makes Regina super likable even though she's done really awful things like mass murder villages of defenseless peasants

seriously someone give her an award

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh my god this is just getting absurd now.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

We were warned. Zelena DID say she had a meatloaf in the oven.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought the curse made you forget Storybrooke.

That would be impressive that they did not know about Lilly as the episode she was introduced was this season.
I don't think the casting department ever had to cast an adult version of a child actor who was already on the show. IIRC, almost every other time they cast down, e.g. Emma, Snow, etc. Is younger-Lilly's actress Hispanic or something? I didn't really notice if they were trying to make her non-white or whatever, although I guess the resemblance is more of what was missing in younger Lily. Otherwise I think they had roughly an idea story-wise of where they were going because otherwise they wouldn't have shown Lily so early (or even her birthmark).

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
What is the deal with Hook being pretty much a non-entity this whole half of the season? He barely appears in the episodes and his whole purpose when he is there is Emma. He had a great told the first half but I'm kind of afraid they're going to fridge him or something.

Is the actor in something else and they had to schedule around it? Though now that I think about it Henry hasn't had much more screen time either.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he is there to prove that Emma is totally straight and not in a civil union with her step grandmother who is also the adopted mother of her son

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Oh my god this is just getting absurd now.

Normal crazy: "Robin, your wife was murdered in the past and replaced by a shapeshifting witch! You have to get away from her!"
Next-level crazy: "I can't, she's pregnant!"

I'd also like to see the actual conversation where a clearly deranged homeless bum convinces an otherwise sane young woman that she is in fact the daughter of Disney's Maleficent, after having been cursed by Disney's Snow White and Prince Charming in a fit of pique. Especially since as far as we know, he wouldn't have any access to corroborating magic in this world, and the physical evidence of the existence of Storybrooke is inaccessible.

On the other hand, the last few episodes have been tremendously entertaining. This show is really at its best when it embraces the absurdity.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Captain von Trapp posted:

Normal crazy: "Robin, your wife was murdered in the past and replaced by a shapeshifting witch! You have to get away from her!"
Next-level crazy: "I can't, she's pregnant!"

I'd also like to see the actual conversation where a clearly deranged homeless bum convinces an otherwise sane young woman that she is in fact the daughter of Disney's Maleficent, after having been cursed by Disney's Snow White and Prince Charming in a fit of pique. Especially since as far as we know, he wouldn't have any access to corroborating magic in this world, and the physical evidence of the existence of Storybrooke is inaccessible.

On the other hand, the last few episodes have been tremendously entertaining. This show is really at its best when it embraces the absurdity.

She accepts it because ~it's fate~

Seriously, are you kidding me?

Troposphere posted:

he is there to prove that Emma is totally straight and not in a civil union with her step grandmother who is also the adopted mother of her son

I like that I'm not the only one who believes this.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he's seriously harshing the sapphic vibe he pops up once an episode to go hey I still exist I guess and then Emma and Regina go on a loving road trip together to hunt down her ex girlfriend or something else out of a fanfic it's getting absurd

edit: this is not a bad thing in fact it is a good thing

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 27, 2015

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.

Troposphere posted:

I can't imagine what they have planned for the finale. maybe sora donald and goofy will show up and we'll go full kingdom hearts anything is possible if you just believe

I want to believe! :kiddo:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Private Label posted:

I want to believe! :kiddo:

I got my fingers crossed for a Star Wars cross over myself.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Seducing a man and having his child in order to get back at your younger sister seems like a lot of personal suffering. Also wouldn't Robin's moral code dictate not letting his son and unborn child be raised by a psychopath bent on revenge? Or does personal honor trump childhood safety and well being?

I'm predicting that Emma and Lily punch/hug each other enough until the goodness and darkness between them is restored to its original balance.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
thanks for recommending Lily Spark's tv.com reviews because they're hilarious and super on point

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Seriously. They have like doubled my enjoyment of the show. Why is Hook even still around? What benefit is he providing at this point?

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

There were too many wtf moments in this episode. I wasn't sure what the hell was going on, but it felt very soap opera-y.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

cailleask posted:

Seriously. They have like doubled my enjoyment of the show. Why is Hook even still around? What benefit is he providing at this point?

Eye-candy. That man has a SEXY voice and is beautiful. Moreover, the show cannot help itself with gay characters, they cannot exist or if they do, cannot be main characters themselves or attached to main characters in any way. So no, SwanQueen is NEVER gonna happen, per the creators and the permanent writing staff. They just like baiting the nerds that really like them together, so they write in teasers and chances for them to be brOTP, and Lana and Jennifer have really awesome chemistry, so it siddles over to the island of Lesbos right quick.

So Hook stays, if only to keep Emma entertained by a possible True Love. I love their dynamic and chemistry, they look good together, and they get the MUSHIEST lines besides Snowing, so I'm pretty pleased. Also, to my joy, it also had the benefit to knocking Neal/Baelfire the gently caress out of Storybrook. That dude... yeuck with a side of nope.

Now... if Hatter or the Huntsman had stayed, maybe Hook coulda hosed off. MAYBE.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

Eye-candy. That man has a SEXY voice and is beautiful. Moreover, the show cannot help itself with gay characters, they cannot exist or if they do, cannot be main characters themselves or attached to main characters in any way. So no, SwanQueen is NEVER gonna happen, per the creators and the permanent writing staff. They just like baiting the nerds that really like them together, so they write in teasers and chances for them to be brOTP, and Lana and Jennifer have really awesome chemistry, so it siddles over to the island of Lesbos right quick.

So Hook stays, if only to keep Emma entertained by a possible True Love. I love their dynamic and chemistry, they look good together, and they get the MUSHIEST lines besides Snowing, so I'm pretty pleased. Also, to my joy, it also had the benefit to knocking Neal/Baelfire the gently caress out of Storybrook. That dude... yeuck with a side of nope.

Now... if Hatter or the Huntsman had stayed, maybe Hook coulda hosed off. MAYBE.

If Hatter and/or Huntsman had stayed we would probably be rooting for them all to shack up together over Granny's and do each other's hair or eyeliner or something. I'm sure someone on Tumblr has already written the Triple H slash

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

Pan Dulce posted:

I agree completely, I thought i was alone not liking Baelfire. I mean he was cute and he did the right thing and I loved his relationship with his father, but Hook is SO much hotter and is so much better with Emma. And he is beautiful.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
during all her romance scenes Emma either looks like she's trying to remember when her next dentist appointment is or deer in the headlights terror.

hook makes me laugh though he's so devoted and in love and Emma is just like you'll do, I guess. why not.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hook, like David/Charming, is very good at being noble and standing up to defend his loved ones in such a way that makes him tumble embarrassingly to the floor, and then saying soothing things afterwards to provide them with a "Remember who you are!" moment. He's useless most of the time because this show takes the typical dynamic where this is true of women and turns it around.

I can't imagine they're going to let the Wicked Witch have that baby. There are already too many babies on the show. Either she's lying or it's going to die somehow (I'm betting on the former), or, the option I should have thought of first, the baby gets hurled into the past somehow so that they can cast an adult, who has been waiting a long time for revenge!

I'm pretty sure the show getting revived for a fifth season means it has basically already surpassed Lost for an episode count, which is pretty drat hilarious.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Hook, like David/Charming, is very good at being noble and standing up to defend his loved ones in such a way that makes him tumble embarrassingly to the floor, and then saying soothing things afterwards to provide them with a "Remember who you are!" moment. He's useless most of the time because this show takes the typical dynamic where this is true of women and turns it around.

I can't imagine they're going to let the Wicked Witch have that baby. There are already too many babies on the show. Either she's lying or it's going to die somehow (I'm betting on the former), or, the option I should have thought of first, the baby gets hurled into the past somehow so that they can cast an adult, who has been waiting a long time for revenge!

I'm pretty sure the show getting revived for a fifth season means it has basically already surpassed Lost for an episode count, which is pretty drat hilarious.

No that would be season 6

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

No that would be season 6

Would it? Half of Lost's seasons are half seasons. I haven't actually done the math, but maybe you're right.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Bicyclops posted:

Emma: We have to go back! Back to Storybrooke!

Also, who would want to live in the lovely enchanted forest? There's no plumbing or internet. Whenever characters wanted to go back there, I was all 'really?'

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Andrew_1985 posted:

Emma: We have to go back! Back to Storybrooke!

I was simultaneously impressed to hear the Sorcerer's voice for the first time and upset that it was not Michael Emerson, who they must get on this show to do something. They already have so many Lost alumns and there is a lot that they borrow from the show's format. I want to see Emerson play an evil wizard of some kind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

Would it? Half of Lost's seasons are half seasons. I haven't actually done the math, but maybe you're right.

4-6 are around 18 episodes each. It says that Lost had 121 episodes

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Troposphere posted:

during all her romance scenes Emma either looks like she's trying to remember when her next dentist appointment is or deer in the headlights terror.

hook makes me laugh though he's so devoted and in love and Emma is just like you'll do, I guess. why not.

Ever seen her in House? Her relationship with Chase looks like she's getting a pelvic exam from her gyno. It's just the actress. She has a very uncomfortable face when trying to be sexy. Her old Maxim photo shoot pictures are remarkably stiff and uncomfortable looking too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Ever seen her in House? Her relationship with Chase looks like she's getting a pelvic exam from her gyno. It's just the actress. .

Which makes it even better is that they were married for a while.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah Jmo is not the best at romance but at least it fits her character this time... kind of. she has plenty of chemistry with her female costars though!

also Lana Parilla just announced she was pregnant so I'm gonna call it now-- somehow they're gonna use magic to transfer the baby from Zelena to Regina

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

also Lana Parilla just announced she was pregnant so I'm gonna call it now-- somehow they're gonna use magic to transfer the baby from Zelena to Regina

Ahahahahaha yes, yes, this is totally what they're going to do and it's going to be the best of fairy tale wizard soap opera. Grumpy, pregnant Regina tearing out people's hearts and using the heart-slave powers to send people to Granny's for cravings.

e: where are you hearing this, though? I don't see anything in Google.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 28, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

Ahahahahaha yes, yes, this is totally what they're going to do and it's going to be the best of fairy tale wizard soap opera. Grumpy, pregnant Regina tearing out people's hearts and using the heart-slave powers to send people to Granny's for cravings.

e: where are you hearing this, though? I don't see anything in Google.

I heard through tumblr but who knows I can't find anything thru Google either so it might have been someone's weird real person fanfiction haha

you know that'd be amazing though and I hope it's true

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/pMeNxJ4.jpg

Spoiler pic from Mark Isham's Instagram. It's happening Dark Emma is happening!

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 28, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Cleavage = Evil

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Pan Dulce posted:

I'm surprised Jennifer Morrison can make any kind of face beyond her neutral expression sometimes. Honestly I am.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pan Dulce posted:

yessss

I want her to steal rumple's dark one status

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

One more spoiler, but it's a BIG one, about the contents of the final episode. As in huge and it's a filming link from set. Watch if you dare. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrMu9loi_5o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I can't believe Walt Disney's reanimated frozen head on a robot body shows up and saves Storybrooke!!

• Locked thread