Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

The :butt: was indeed magnificent. I thought Arya was gonna toss Needle and I :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Podrick and Brienne Campfire Stories are the best.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mister Kingdom posted:

At least she finally took a bath.

Yeah, must be great to finally be in a new set of clothes for the first time since season 1.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

Why is that

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
ow oval office

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
lol get hosed janos slynt :commissar:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ofecks posted:

The :butt: was indeed magnificent. I thought Arya was gonna toss Needle and I :cry:

I was surprised she didn't get busted for that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
That was the show's most graphic beheading yet, right?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Thought this was actually a really great episode. Don't think there was any scene I didn't like. Pod + Brienne, Jon as LC and swiping a Janice's head off, Tyrion and Varys, High Sparrow + Cersei, LF + Ramsay / Roose. Just a really great episode.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wandle Cax posted:

Why is that

Click the question mark under his username

Edit: I actually applauded when Jon Snow decapitated Janice. Can't be having disobedient, pussy rear end bitches who are afraid of death on the Wall.

MizPiz fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 27, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I'm pretty sure that music that played during the Janos beheading was a really similar score to what played when Theon beheaded Rodrik. The Wall stuff is pretty great ever since Stannis and his crew rolled into town.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Lycus posted:

That was the show's most graphic beheading yet, right?

Remember when Theon couldnt chop a dudes head off in one blow and had to go at it like a lumberjack for a while? Id say that was a bit more cringeworthy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'm pretty sure that music that played during the Janos beheading was a really similar score to what played when Theon beheaded Rodrik. The Wall stuff is pretty great ever since Stannis and his crew rolled into town.

I liked that "Janos, you loving pussy" look on his face before he swung the sword.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

It sounded similar, but it wasn't the same. Which is good since that music also played when Robb beheaded Karstark, and therefore seems to be the music of choice for "Imma beheadin someone, but it is a colossal mistake for me to do this."

Jon beheading Janos is not a mistake. It's quite awesome actually even if you set aside the fact that Janos was one of the people who helped get Ned imprisoned and executed - something Jon is very aware of. Also it gets the Stannis nod of approval.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Podrick and Brienne are friends! :3:

Also other things happened.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I thought this episode was WAY better than last week.

Me and my friend watch the show and we pick which characters we are going to be (we have back up characters in case our mains die off) his character is tyrion and my character is the guy who kidnapped tyrion and the end of the so we had a good laugh about that, and it was totally amazing to see our characters finally meet in the show. Hopefully our characters become friends though!

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'm pretty sure that music that played during the Janos beheading was a really similar score to what played when Theon beheaded Rodrik.

And when Robb beheads Rickard Karstark

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

That was supposed to be the Mountain under that sheet, right? Please let him pop out from a under a sheet with a bunch of dwarf heads sewed to him for no reason.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well someone finally has to be beheaded for the right reasons without it being a mistake in this show.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

What did Cersei say to Dr. Frankenstein right before she walked out of his lab? Something about the note to Littlefinger but I couldn't understand what she said.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I get the impression that Cersei is going to use this religious faction as some sort of power base to maintain control in King's Landing... and she was way too nice to lady margery in this episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ironlung posted:

What did Cersei say to Dr. Frankenstein right before she walked out of his lab? Something about the note to Littlefinger but I couldn't understand what she said.

Just something about making sure the word immediately was clear.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
A Hound/Mountain zombie brother story would be great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

67 minutes. Went by like nothing. I really really am enjoying this season and how they're taking their time. Some people will complain but I hate when they start rushing to conclusions. It kills a show so fast (*cough* Heroes *cough).

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That was supposed to be the Mountain under that sheet, right? Please let him pop out from a under a sheet with a bunch of dwarf heads sewed to him for no reason.

This made me laugh.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kiimo posted:

67 minutes. Went by like nothing. I really really am enjoying this season and how they're taking their time. Some people will complain but I hate when they start rushing to conclusions. It kills a show so fast (*cough* Heroes *cough).

I agree. I really think the show just has a lot of things to clean up after all the stuff that happened at the end of season 4. I would say some big things have already happened this season though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

I liked that "Janos, you loving pussy" look on his face before he swung the sword.

I dug the juxtaposition of how he pleaded for mercy and was beheaded anyway and it was the right thing to do to strengthen the leadership of John, and when Dany did it to a guy pleading for mercy it was the wrong thing to do and probably weakened her leadership.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Qyburn definitely put the dwarf head on the Mountain.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

When they get to Dany I want Jorah to hold up Tyrion like he was holding a boombox outside some girl's window.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Spaceman Future! posted:

Remember when Theon couldnt chop a dudes head off in one blow and had to go at it like a lumberjack for a while? Id say that was a bit more cringeworthy.

They just showed Rodrick grimace like once and then moved the camera away to Theon chopping like a nut, this shot had full on neck stump n everything.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

RBA Starblade posted:

When they get to Dany I want Jorah to hold up Tyrion like he was holding a boombox outside some girl's window.

"Sing the song!"
"What song?"
"We only have like 3 songs so pick one"

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
Jorah meant he was taking Tyrion to cersei right?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bleh Maestro posted:

That was my first thought but he had a pardon from Robert a longass time ago he could've gone home to Westeros anytime he wanted, I think in his drunken heartbroken haze he probably thinks Tyrion is an inroad back to Danaerys.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bleh Maestro posted:

Tune in next week to find out!

plscks
Apr 3, 2011

Push the envelope. Watch it bend.
When Cersi went to see that sparrow guy, was that Gendry at the door? Kinda looked like him to me. Also, Arya works at the morgue now?!

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Bleh Maestro posted:

Jorah is really lonely and kidnapped tyrion for himself.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Theon seems to be remembering poo poo and struggling internally without Ramseys constant abuse. I'm still clinging to hope that they bring him back and he goes apeshit one day on Ramsey.

It brought a tear to me eye when the servant lady told Sansa: the north remembers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

tooterfish posted:

edit: my bad.

Your point is now understood. The beheading scenes + that quote are very well done & consistent in tone and execution (pun intended).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yureina posted:

Also it gets the Stannis nod of approval.

Could we get a gif of that, by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yureina posted:

It sounded similar, but it wasn't the same. Which is good since that music also played when Robb beheaded Karstark, and therefore seems to be the music of choice for "Imma beheadin someone, but it is a colossal mistake for me to do this."

Jon beheading Janos is not a mistake. It's quite awesome actually even if you set aside the fact that Janos was one of the people who helped get Ned imprisoned and executed - something Jon is very aware of. Also it gets the Stannis nod of approval.

I'm pretty bummed Jon keeps refusing Stannis. It feels like him becoming Lord Commander and his refusal to leave the wall just kills his storyline. The wildlings are whipped and probably just gonna go back home and back to infighting, sure winter is coming but its been coming for five seasons now and the white walkers are still chillin in icecrown citadel. WTF else is there to do at the wall??

• Locked thread