Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Dunno-Lars posted:

You get Hutt Cartel for free as a subscriber, and it's cheaper to subscribe for a month then to buy it. So I wouldn't count that in...

Actually didn't know that! I bought it back when it came out.

Still, it's not a bad deal if you're just coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

John Dyne posted:

Actually didn't know that! I bought it back when it came out.

Still, it's not a bad deal if you're just coming back.

It was worth the pre-order if for no other reason than to get that Hutt holostatue. drat thing is a godsend.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So when's Rise of the Emperor due out? I heard the 28th?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Customer service on this game was great... had a Satele Shan Holostatue that didn't unlock to my collections so I could unlock it for all my characters and they fixed my problem and ... unlocked it in collections for free :getin:

[edit] I'll paypal a person $3 for a sub referral http://www.swtor.com/r/C2hcRG
PM through SA, Skype sa.spider or bug me through Steam?

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 27, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chickenwalker posted:

So when's Rise of the Emperor due out? I heard the 28th?

Yeah, 3.2 or whatever it is drops Tuesday.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I am gonna play so much tor once the xp bonus is live.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Treat me like an idiot. How the gently caress do I make easy money in this game. When I last played (first month heh) slicing was easy money but it looks like it no longer gives you like 5 times the amount of credits.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Slicing, still. can be fairly easy money if you crack chests. Especially on Yavin and to a lesser extent, Rishi. But Yavin has one area where there's a ton of slicing nodes that constantly respawn. Plus you can do dailies while you're at it, I guess.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ramadu posted:

Treat me like an idiot. How the gently caress do I make easy money in this game. When I last played (first month heh) slicing was easy money but it looks like it no longer gives you like 5 times the amount of credits.

Farming Battle of Ilum HM. With a 10 lvl difference you have a nearly 100% resist chance so soloing is no problem.

Have Slicing while running dailies.

Like every MMO ever play the GTN.

My PvE guild has started selling NiM/HM runs and are clearing about 200 million a week.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Farming Battle of Ilum HM. With a 10 lvl difference you have a nearly 100% resist chance so soloing is no problem.

Have Slicing while running dailies.

Like every MMO ever play the GTN.

My PvE guild has started selling NiM/HM runs and are clearing about 200 million a week.

Selling runs? What, like carrying a player through an op? How on earth do you effectively 7 man the new HM ops :psyduck:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Selling runs? What, like carrying a player through an op? How on earth do you effectively 7 man the new HM ops :psyduck:

F2P and Preferred need to use tokens to do some (all?) of the Ops. So they're putting those on the GTN.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Yeah basically carrying a single DPS through on 8 or 2 on 16 depending on the Op. Haven't sold any Rav/ToS yet still working on alts ourselves.

NiM DF/DP is the popular item anyways. There are several guilds on Harb doing this.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Your character looks like he's watching someone take a giant dump and is too disgusted to say anything.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Allatum posted:

Slicing, still. can be fairly easy money if you crack chests. Especially on Yavin and to a lesser extent, Rishi. But Yavin has one area where there's a ton of slicing nodes that constantly respawn. Plus you can do dailies while you're at it, I guess.

Slicing is minimum hassle, but scavenging or bioanalysis have better yields if you can be arsed to sell things. At least on the server I am at (red eclipse). It's especially true at lower skill levels, rank 2-3 crew missions can give 4x-5x returns.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah basically carrying a single DPS through on 8 or 2 on 16 depending on the Op. Haven't sold any Rav/ToS yet still working on alts ourselves.

NiM DF/DP is the popular item anyways. There are several guilds on Harb doing this.

We still can't beat NM dread fortress because the last phase of Brontes kills everyone every time :( and we've not cleared HM Rav or ToS yet either, boo. loving Torque.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

We still can't beat NM dread fortress because the last phase of Brontes kills everyone every time :( and we've not cleared HM Rav or ToS yet either, boo. loving Torque.

Don't feel bad, the TNG main raid group took one look at the new raids and all quit to go play cat people in FF14 or drink alone or knit as i can only assume

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pictured: The latest creation from a member of the raid group

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Don't feel bad, the TNG main raid group took one look at the new raids and all quit to go play cat people in FF14 or drink alone or knit as i can only assume

We took at least two looks, mind you, and I don't think either time we had a healer who had ever done a raid before. If our group wasn't already half fallen apart, the new raids wouldn't have killed it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

We took at least two looks, mind you, and I don't think either time we had a healer who had ever done a raid before. If our group wasn't already half fallen apart, the new raids wouldn't have killed it.

I know, i was kidding. Savarra vanishing was the beginning of the end. :)

I was actually looking forward to trying them with our normal group, but after our break in November, there weren't any real times that we were all online and had to pick up 2-3 at all times, which got a bit frustrating.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

I know, i was kidding. Savarra vanishing was the beginning of the end. :)

I was actually looking forward to trying them with our normal group, but after our break in November, there weren't any real times that we were all online and had to pick up 2-3 at all times, which got a bit frustrating.

I don't miss raiding per se (getting 8 hours of sleep on a regular basis has largely improved my disposition at work) but like I miss the weird stories and then also drunken shouting. :I

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

More info about the 12x!

http://www.swtor.com/May-the-Fourth?sf37846242=1

TL;DR: Is coming for Subscribers, is on a toggle, will last until Fall.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Looks like 12x ends "this fall"

Efb

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Do you have to be subscribed prior to or on the 4th to get it, or can you get it anytime you subscribe?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

wtftastic posted:

Do you have to be subscribed prior to or on the 4th to get it, or can you get it anytime you subscribe?

I'm going to guess it's a constant "Subscribe bonus" now as that'd attract the most money. On (Or before) the 4th is for the Droid.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wtftastic posted:

I think it's a subscriber benefit, the "sub by May 4th promo is yet another astromech droid pet

Edit - seriously, iGestalt, go ahead and take over the thread why don't you

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

I think it's a subscriber benefit, the "sub by May 4th promo is yet another astromech droid pet

who even has those fuckers out.

I AM SO TEMPTED but muh dollars and free time...

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

wtftastic posted:

Droid party corner in Stronghold.

But yeah, free time :( I feel you.

Does anyone play on Progenitor EU, out of interest?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wtftastic posted:

Well me, Storril and our buddy Pale are gong to play through the new planet next weekend if you want to join us and see the new content

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Droid party corner in Stronghold.

But yeah, free time :( I feel you.

Does anyone play on Progenitor EU, out of interest?

I'll be looking for an EU server come the end of next month but will be a complete newbie - I played a trooper to ~20ish before and never really knew what I was doing, is Progenitor probably my best best for a reasonable server?

Apologies if you aren't EU, I'm an occasional thread lurker and am just making wild assumptions.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

Well me, Storril and our buddy Pale are gong to play through the new planet next weekend if you want to join us and see the new content

UH VERY YES.

I can probably do that. I don't think my BF will be up to visit that weekend, so I can probably devolve into some sort of disgusting goonlord while my dog looks on in concern.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

iGestalt posted:

More info about the 12x!

http://www.swtor.com/May-the-Fourth?sf37846242=1

TL;DR: Is coming for Subscribers, is on a toggle, will last until Fall.

Good I just reainstalled and resubbed. Will have a great chance to see all the stories.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Maybe I'll actually finish the Jedi Knight this time. Or like some other republic class without wanting to wither away.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

X_ThePerfect posted:

I'll be looking for an EU server come the end of next month but will be a complete newbie - I played a trooper to ~20ish before and never really knew what I was doing, is Progenitor probably my best best for a reasonable server?

Apologies if you aren't EU, I'm an occasional thread lurker and am just making wild assumptions.

Progenitor is the most active EU realm, I -think-? I'm on there and have a Sith side Guild which is, er, empty! But happy to guild up and chill'n poo poo.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Correction: Never healed any endgame content at all!

I've reached a point in FF14 where I've seen all the new content I want to see and I'm basically just grinding for gear/alt class xp and I'm tempted to come back to SWTOR.

Not tempted enough to pay for it yet, but tempted

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
How awesome terrible is this astromech droid?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

How awesome terrible is this astromech droid?

It's a cosmetic pet. Tiny droid that follows you around, but doesn't actually do anything

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

It's a cosmetic pet. Tiny droid that follows you around, but doesn't actually do anything

Yes it does. It looks adorable.

And can be placed in a Disco Droid room in a Stronghold.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh snap, they're changing a bunch of old mounts to be adaptive, including the Avalanche Heavy Tank. Literally just became the best mount in the game.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So this 12x only applies to story quests? How much does that help out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

X_ThePerfect posted:

I'm in an active (mostly) PvE guild on Red Eclipse, EU non-RP server. Hit me up if you end up there.

• Locked thread