Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sklurb
Sep 13, 2012

I'm a billionaire super spy and part-time supermodel.
Need an invite please for both the Daggerfall and Ebonheart Goon guilds:

@sklurb

Thank you very much! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Xillah posted:

It's £24 on cdkeys a the minute, I'm really tempted. Barring a couple of months playing LOTRO when it came out I haven't played an MMO since star wars galaxies. It it worth playing or wuld I be better of just modding the gently caress out of Skyrim and having another run through?

Just read this and bought the game on cd keys for 34 euros. Bought the regular tamriel unlimited thingy. Redeemed the key and now it says on the eso site have the imperial edition. Yay. Now settling in for the download.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NA patching conplete. Most notable changes are a hefty increase in containers in Dwemer locations and everyone getting a free home campaign change for PvP.

E: Full Patch Notes Original Post Here

quote:

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited v2.0.7 is an incremental patch that addresses a number of issues with dismounting, Fear effects dropping you through the world, boosts several Dwemer-area lootable containers, and more. Also note that the Morihaus campaign that was opened for Welcome Back Weekend will be closed in this patch. The size for this patch is approximately 1.4GB with French VO, and 240MB with English or German VO.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
Alliance War
General

Anyone that currently has a campaign will be receiving a free home campaign reassignment.

Art & Animation
Effects

Fixed an issue where monsters spawned from Dark Anchors would not display the proper effects.

Combat & Gameplay
General

Fixed an issue where Fear effects were causing you to fall through the world.
Animations will now play properly when you are forced to dismount.
You will now have the correct animation when you immediately attempt to remount after being forcibly dismounted.
You will no longer be dismounted when trying to mount shortly after sneaking.
Fixed an issue where combat pets would go idle after being hit by an AoE attack, and not respond to any attack or recall commands.
Fixed an issue where you could get stuck in a state where you were moving faster than intended.

Dungeons & Group Content
Veteran Dungeons

Veteran Crypt of Hearts
Mezeluth's Fire Runes will no longer damage player characters that are being levitated by her Fulminating Void ability.

Exploration & Itemization
General

Significantly increased the number of lootable Dwemer containers in a number of locations. All Dwemer locations will now contain an approximately proportional number of containers for their overall size.
Increased Inner Sea Armature containers by 50%
Increased Santaki containers by approximately 50%
Increased Razak's Wheel containers by approximately 125%
Increased Lower Bthanual containers by approximately 300%
Increased Yldzuun containers by approximately 400%

Miscellaneous
General

Fixed a commonly-occurring issue after Update 6 was released, specifically affecting Windows 8, where your game could crash.

UI
General

Fixed an issue where you could not re-enter reticle mode after using “Buy Multiple” at a vendor.

Holy poo poo that French patch size :stare:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 27, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
While there's a free campaign change, do we want to decide on a new official Ebonheart Goons campaign? Thornblade seems to be it currently, but the AD seems to have given up on sieges and stuff altogether and just started camping delves and quest hubs, and the DC is pretty weak, I never see them over a single bar. It is great for Skyshards and dolmens, though, but that could easily be settled by just making it a guest campaign.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Problem is, we're going to get the same thing in any other campaign, except one will be an AD clusterfuck and the other a DC one.

And besides, I love my PvE bonuses too much to change campaigns (hello 60% spell crits :getin:)

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

So I just started and was wondering what faction people are more active in. I only have a level 10 NB on AD so far and ok with swapping to be able to play with others. Only playing on my laptop till I get my parts in for my new PC in. Pretty neat zoning in and having no structure around me and can see all the furniture and npcs in a room before it fills.

Also if I could get an invite to the guild. @Aoasha

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Big Floppy posted:

So I just started and was wondering what faction people are more active in. I only have a level 10 NB on AD so far and ok with swapping to be able to play with others. Only playing on my laptop till I get my parts in for my new PC in. Pretty neat zoning in and having no structure around me and can see all the furniture and npcs in a room before it fills.

Also if I could get an invite to the guild. @Aoasha

Most of us are Ebonheart, with a handful still in DC. Nobody really plays AD (the Nazi faction) here.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Problem is, we're going to get the same thing in any other campaign, except one will be an AD clusterfuck and the other a DC one.

And besides, I love my PvE bonuses too much to change campaigns (hello 60% spell crits :getin:)
I'd rather be on a losing team than a ghost Town. There has to be a balanced campaign though.

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

a few days ago I made a joke in zone chat and for 20 minutes it was solid Argonian/Nord/Dunmer racism
I was there for this. Nordic master race.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

I'd rather be on a losing team than a ghost Town. There has to be a balanced campaign though.

The only one that would have *any* semblance of balance would be the Non-VR campaign.

rlloyd3 posted:

I was there for this. Nordic master race.

Um, we call it the Lizard Pact for a reason. Lizard race best race :colbert:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Sky Shadowing posted:

While there's a free campaign change, do we want to decide on a new official Ebonheart Goons campaign? Thornblade seems to be it currently, but the AD seems to have given up on sieges and stuff altogether and just started camping delves and quest hubs, and the DC is pretty weak, I never see them over a single bar. It is great for Skyshards and dolmens, though, but that could easily be settled by just making it a guest campaign.

Playing DC, I can say that they are loving worthless on Haderus, but AD and EP seem really evenly matched. DC is just terrible in all of the campaigns, it's super disappointing.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Can I get a Daggerfall and Ebonheart guild invite for @Natsuumi? I desperately need a chat that isn't Zone :(

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Cool pic I snapped in Cyrodil atop a skyshard mountaintop. My atronarch vs. a giant.

This game really does have some awesome moments when you slow down and treat it like a TES game instead of a MMO.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

You need a new computer bro.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
that is a spell effect idiot, he is a lightning ghost

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

What spell effect is causing the 2 bit shadows and mario 64 trees?

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

eSporks posted:

You need a new computer bro.

I have the game on ultra lol. I zoomed the screenshot in to cut off the healthbars.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Monohydrate posted:

I have the game on ultra lol. I zoomed the screenshot in to cut off the healthbars.

That is *not* how the game looks on Ultra.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Scyantific posted:

That is *not* how the game looks on Ultra.

I think Cyrodil throttles tree down.

Here's it now back in Dashaan. I haven't touched a thing.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

This is what it looks like on Ultra as I'm waiting for us to start a pledge

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Forget ultra check out what I see each time I zone/load a new house to plunder explore. These are from my 5yo laptop that I play on using an external everything while watching twitch streams of the game as well.

The start of loading in.

Furniture and NPCs usually are fast loaders.

I can see someones house from here.

And as a bonus floating swords!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'm so, so sorry

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.
Hey, just came back to the game. Can I get an invite to the Ebonheart guild? I'm @Davvyn

Sionnach
Dec 9, 2004

Resident of Raloo
Haven't played an MMO since Rift (you can't count Elite as an MMO...) and am starting up tomorrow - I'm wondering about the EU vs US server thing as I'm based in Ireland.

Is latency much of an issue as I'd prefer to play on US if there is a higher goon population.
Any recommendations?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Latency isn't much of an issue. If you're worried about it download the Wykkyd gaming suite and enable the toolbar, which shows you your current ping.

That out of the way, I did a v12 pledge run today for Normal Banished Cells with 2 other v14s and a v1 tank. Tank managed to die only 4 times mainly because he was overwhelmed by mobs.

...it was only after we killed the final boss that he told us that he had just hit VR1 after grinding from 20 to 49 the day before and was still using level 20 gear :stare:

Dude was rocking a full Seducer set at level 20 without any tempering :stare:

It was pretty impressive. Had he told us this before we started the dungeon we would have probably kicked him, or at least gotten him better gear.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
do you guys recommend picking up this game when it's available for consoles? (my RL friends play on PS4 mostly). I wanted to try this when it was released last year, but I was put off by the reviews coming out at that time.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Scyantific posted:

...it was only after we killed the final boss that he told us that he had just hit VR1 after grinding from 20 to 49 the day before and was still using level 20 gear :stare:

Whaaaaa? How do you go from 20 to 49 in a day? I've got at least 20 hours on my current character and I just hit 17 last night...

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AOE grinding is the fastest way to level. You of course miss out on the skill points from the main quest and sky shards though.

Other than the main quests, exp is crap. Random hub quests give less exp than a single mob pack usually.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

eSporks posted:

AOE grinding is the fastest way to level. You of course miss out on the skill points from the main quest and sky shards though.

Other than the main quests, exp is crap. Random hub quests give less exp than a single mob pack usually.

Ahh. Yeah I just finished 100%ing the first map (stonefalls), I guess moving forward I'll just try to find a group of goons to grind with. I can always come back and get the sky shards and lore books.

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Can I get an invite to the guild? Ebonheart here, @heyjorge

Hobbitron
Jul 6, 2005

Fool of a Took!
Looking for an invite to the Ebonheart guild: @Hobbitron

With this game being B2P I don't mind giving it a shot. Though I had no idea there were timer things to keep track of, such as feeding your horse and researching stuff. Are these things a lot of people do, or should I not worry so much about it?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hobbitron posted:

Looking for an invite to the Ebonheart guild: @Hobbitron

With this game being B2P I don't mind giving it a shot. Though I had no idea there were timer things to keep track of, such as feeding your horse and researching stuff. Are these things a lot of people do, or should I not worry so much about it?

Horses are on a 20h timer, so once a day. Researching can take anything as an hour or so to 20+ day timers. Obviously if you log in once a day to update those that'll put you more ahead than not, but if you want to just drop in every now and then to play the storyline/do random stuff its not like you won't be able to enjoy that.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

El Chingon posted:

do you guys recommend picking up this game when it's available for consoles? (my RL friends play on PS4 mostly). I wanted to try this when it was released last year, but I was put off by the reviews coming out at that time.

I've played both, and console was much more enjoyable because using a controller feels much better and the base UI is easier to use. There are however, two drawbacks. Console only has voice chat, no text chat, which is terrific for grouping but could be potentially very annoying for guilds. Console also does not have addons, so no robust unit frames or combat data. But at least it will be a level playing field since console players will be on their own console type server.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I could use an invite to the goon guild. In as @Sacred-Ibis.

Unrelated:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Any word on when the almexia costume is gonna release?

Snayke
Mar 5, 2009

CompeAnansi posted:

Whaaaaa? How do you go from 20 to 49 in a day? I've got at least 20 hours on my current character and I just hit 17 last night...

I have 33 hours according to Steam and I only have a level 10 and level 7 character. :negative:

Darkmoon2k
May 1, 2005
Grinding is obscenely boring and triggers flashbacks of EverQuest (although it is no comparison). I may consider it for an alt, but for my first character I'm going to walk through the story content. I think I'd kill myself if I rushed to endgame.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

AOE Griding the grabs in... Fungal Grotto I think. They respawn and swarm you so its an unlimited xp grind.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

NuckmasterJ posted:

AOE Griding the grabs in... Fungal Grotto I think. They respawn and swarm you so its an unlimited xp grind.

That must have been it. Unfortunately it was hotfixed yesterday. So no crab train for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Do we have an active EU guild? House Awful is dead it seems :/

• Locked thread