Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Shumagorath posted:

Fleshpound HP needs to be brought down or there's a damage threshold mechanic that I don't understand. I emptied a full AA12 mag into one of their heads on Suicidal and it killed me despite shot pellets now being the majority of its skull contents by volume.
I mean, i get that that's frustrating, but unless you're playing solo i assume the idea is that even the AA12 can't solo them and you need at least 4-6 people heavily focusing fire, ideally with additional grenades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Any time I've seen a team be able to focus all their attention/firepower on one or two Scrakes or FPs, the target has gone down really loving fast. The problem usually comes in the form of 3+ Scrakes/FPs PLUS trash mobs. Which really seems about right; clear out the trash and then focus on the big fuckers.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

QwertySanchez posted:

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

Ruggington posted:

And that's the current test map. Someone posted it a few pages ago and I think it was on the tripwire forum

Musluk posted:

Think I found the best test map.

(edit: picture also contains the link)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the Supplier perk for Support any good? How much ammo do people get?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jimbot posted:

The same as if they found an ammo crate on the ground. It's handy as long as people know you have the perk as extra grenades are always handy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Its like an ammo pick-up, so one magazine per weapon, iirc.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I didn't realise it gave extra grenades, that makes it worth it IMO.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

It'd be dope if people got XP from when folks re-supplied off their Supplier perk. I'm generally for anything that encourages or rewards players to take a more team-oriented approach.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Does the supplier thing work once per wave? Like, you get one ammo pack from the support person in wave 1 and then you can get another during wave 2, etc?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ryuga Death posted:

Does the supplier thing work once per wave? Like, you get one ammo pack from the support person in wave 1 and then you can get another during wave 2, etc?

That's how it works, as far as I can tell

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

It'd be dope if people got XP from when folks re-supplied off their Supplier perk. I'm generally for anything that encourages or rewards players to take a more team-oriented approach.

yeah I like this idea a lot. Gives you incentive to make sure your teammates know about it just like they have incentive to grab your rear end for ammo.

Ryuga Death posted:

yes, although if you level up mid-wave, it seems to reset and you can grab them twice in that wave for ammo. Go figure! Say we're on wave 3, and I'm level 8. You grab ammo. I level up to 9, we're still on wave 3, you can grab ammo again. Kind of an edge-case scenario, but hey.

Speaking of this, though, it is really annoying when you're at a trader pod and you grab ammo off a supplier support instead of using the drat pod. Can Tripwire maybe do something to set priority to the pod when you're all crowding around it to prevent this from happening? Saving a few dosh on the setup before wave 5 (or whatever) is not as meaningful as an extra mag/grenade halfway through wave 5.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 27, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Also it is good to know that it considers the buy time the start of a wave as well. So grab your ammo before the wave ends. Grabbing it during buy time stops you from grabbing more in the middle of the coming wave.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

That was certainly interesting.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I think it does? At least, someone I was playing with who was using that perk kept saying "use it, it gives me XP!"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taffer posted:

I think it does? At least, someone I was playing with who was using that perk kept saying "use it, it gives me XP!"

im pretty sure it doesn't, if it is, I haven't noticed the +XP thing

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Tripwire patch soon plz. Game owns but there's a lot of bugs/decisions that are becoming more and more glaring the longer they are left unpatched.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
have they said anything about future perks? I think there were supposed to be 10 eventually. The 4 in game now, Demo, Firebug, and????

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Eonwe posted:

have they said anything about future perks? I think there were supposed to be 10 eventually. The 4 in game now, Demo, Firebug, and????
SWAT, Demo, Firebug, Sharpshooter, Gunslinger, and one that's probably martial arts or something because its symbol is a chinese dragon head.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Broose posted:

Also it is good to know that it considers the buy time the start of a wave as well. So grab your ammo before the wave ends. Grabbing it during buy time stops you from grabbing more in the middle of the coming wave.

So it's not consistent with the counter and the item spawns? That's weird.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Got to finally play some more today after a busy work weekend, and still having a blast with this game. I kind of wish doors didn't have a finite health bar because I really enjoy being able to control where a zeds come from in a wave, and the eventual destruction of all doors after you've carefully made sure to unweld a door just before zeds break it so you can reweld it afterward really gets me down.

Also the clot grab should stay in just for the fact that one close enough to start the grab but not finish initiating it forces your view upwards and spins it around rapidly. On a serious note, it was very disorienting and also probably not intended, it legit got me killed because I couldn't kill anything around me and basically had no idea what was going on.

Also gently caress crawlers, if 4 get you trapped againest a wall you can actually die to them if you're a support who needs to reload.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

God the wait for this game is agonizing and killing me, I loved KF and I'm stalling myself until launch on the idea that I don't want to burn out on EA, even though I sort of know inside that isn't even possible.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

[...] I do wish the whip-around was smoother when you get grabbed from directly behind you [...]

There's a joke in there somewhere

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Got Clot-Grabbed through a door. GG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

God the wait for this game is agonizing and killing me, I loved KF and I'm stalling myself until launch on the idea that I don't want to burn out on EA, even though I sort of know inside that isn't even possible.

game owns, just buy it, play some

you aren't going to get burned out unless you put some hardcore time into it

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
What does the Medic's Lacerate skill actually do? Is "bleeding" like a damage over time thing or is it literally just a Fallout-style "increased gore" perk? Both of those seem pretty unlikely to me but I don't know what else it could be.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

From the description it sounds like damage over time, but I've been using it and I haven't noticed a single difference. Unfortunately the other lvl15 perk is also worthless so I'm keeping it on.

The other one is self-regeneration, which sounds ok, but not only is it way too slow to be useful, it ignores your armor-repair skills so you're actually gimping yourself because it'll keep you from being able to get armor back compared to normal self-syringing.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Is the syringe recharge rate and potency boost affecting just hte medical syringe or my gun's medic darts as well?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
open 104.156.246.12:7777

Starting Hell on Earth 7 wave on my server, come give it a try nerds.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Is the syringe recharge rate and potency boost affecting just hte medical syringe or my gun's medic darts as well?

Just the syringe to encourage people to use it.

(otherwise they would just dart all the time)

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I've checked a couple of times now and there might be a slight difference in zed health between difficulties after all. If, with 6 people, the medic smg pops heads of the regular zeds on normal difficulty then this should be the same on all difficulty levels but that does not happen. Makes me wonder what actually is going on here.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Require More Fire posted:

Any time I've seen a team be able to focus all their attention/firepower on one or two Scrakes or FPs, the target has gone down really loving fast. The problem usually comes in the form of 3+ Scrakes/FPs PLUS trash mobs. Which really seems about right; clear out the trash and then focus on the big fuckers.

Like clockwork, if I notice a siren (or two), that will be when a pair of fleshpounds decide to stand directly in front of them, even on Normal.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Evil Eagle posted:

This game is so bloody.

We spent all 10 waves here trying to paint the ground as red as possible. Then we died to the boss.

turn up the body count in the ini files, red aint enough

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Got Clot-Grabbed through a door. GG

I've been puked on through a door.

Doors UP.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I wish you could at least jump over crawlers so when I inevitably back up into a group of them I don't have to try to find my way around them instead.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Hace posted:

turn up the body count in the ini files, red aint enough

You can't just drop something like that and then not tell which variable in which ini does that. :colbert:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Whittle posted:

I could've sworn I noticed my darts recharging considerably faster when I was actually on Medic, but I wasn't necessarily paying that much attention so I could be wrong. It seems kind of lame if it's just the syringe, though, since that thing's hard enough to use in combat that the darts are pretty much always superior even if they don't benefit from the perk bonus.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Perestroika posted:

You can't just drop something like that and then not tell which variable in which ini does that. :colbert:

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

not sure if someone mentioned this already, but
you can go to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini and change MaxDeadBodies to something like 50

even more gore this way

It'll definitely hit your framerate as bodies rack up in one location, I found a good balance to be around ~50 ish, but if you turn down character detail I think that you can turn it up a bit further.

bonus:

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Does modifying the blood decal limit and blood pool size change anything or is it just body count at the moment?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Whittle posted:

Even with the bonus's to syringes it still seems like darts are far superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Salsa McManus posted:

Does modifying the blood decal limit and blood pool size change anything or is it just body count at the moment?

I haven't tried but I do know body count is a separate value. I put mine at like 150 or something and I'm doing ok. Had it at 250 and wave 7 became a slideshow, but it looked badass.