Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I wish someone would recreate Silent Hill 1 on the Fox Engine and not change anything but the graphics.

Just think this is the note Silent Hill is going out on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvK1lEMQf1Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

al-azad posted:

Konami officially confirms Silent Hills cancellation while dropping a nebulous statement that they're talking with Kojima and Del Toro about a future Silent Hill game. My brain.

Hahaha, Konami is poo poo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

al-azad posted:

I don't think PS4 has legitimately been cracked yet. Best we have is someone ripping it at a later date but seriously don't expect to see P.T. ever again.
But couldn't you just download it from Sony's site, and keep that around?

And what I don't quite understand, if they're still discussing future Silent Hill titles with Kojima and Del Toro, why cancel Silent Hills at all? Well, more accurately, why is it not just shelved, as opposed to out right not happening?

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 27, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Butt Ghost posted:

And what I don't quite understand, if they're still discussing future Silent Hill titles with Kojima and Del Toro, why cancel Silent Hills at all? Well, more accurately, why is it not just shelved, as opposed to out right not happening?

damage control

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Volt Catfish posted:

damage control

They don't even say that Del Toro and Kojima will be involved, they just say that "discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway", and I assume that means with or without their involvement. It could even mean that there will never be another Silent Hill game, ever. But they're keeping it open so that fans don't backlash any harder than they already have been.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Spalec posted:

I think the best we could hope for is someone recreates it on PC. The Fox Engine is multiplatform and already running there, I don't know if Konami are licensing the engine for personal use though.

I'm pretty sure there's a zero percent chance of Fox Engine being licensed out. As far as I know that was never the intent and now it's mega dead.

Neo Rasa posted:

loving :aslol:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

King Vidiot posted:

"discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway"

"How can we turn Silent Hill into one of those phone game things"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think Escape Game Silent Hill is a thing that already exists.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Looking forward to the silent hill panty machine game here

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Konami is delisting itself from the NYSE too, apparently

http://www.konami.co.jp/zaimu/2015/0427/en_aa7e9c.pdf

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Konami is delisting itself from the NYSE too, apparently

http://www.konami.co.jp/zaimu/2015/0427/en_aa7e9c.pdf

So is there any concrete detail on what Konami is doing? When Kojima left last month the unsourced news flying around was that Konami was restructuring to a more internal corporate environment. Are they going private or is someone in the hierarchy just completely shaking things up? Aside from studios going bankrupt I've never seen a major publisher/distributor do an about face. This is crazy.

Butt Ghost posted:

That's your only option. I don't think Sony will stop offering it to people who have it in their library but if they do then the game is effectively gone unless you have it saved on your harddrive.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

honestly all kojima and del toro have to do is create a kickstarter for a game with similar aspects and they'd reach their goal ten times over

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It sounds like they just stopped caring a whole lot about video games in the console sense. So they're pulling back to just mobile games/Japan stuff. Not a huge shock.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Neo Rasa posted:

I wish someone would recreate Silent Hill 1 on the Fox Engine and not change anything but the graphics.

To be fair the soundtrack also had the motherfucking Highwaymen so it's not like they were terrible with it, just schizophrenic.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

MinibarMatchman posted:

honestly all kojima and del toro have to do is create a kickstarter for a game with similar aspects and they'd reach their goal ten times over

Mighty Number Hills would sell gangbusters.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Neo Rasa posted:

Ugh, I didn't even know about this. :saddowns:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quiet Mound, the latest survival horror game from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro. Set during the Spanish Civil War, Quiet Mound is a town haunted by intricate rubber monsters. The theme is strongly anti-war while containing the largest arsenal of video game weaponry and a 20 minute long mini-game where you clean a gun. The protagonist, visually based on a random actor, is a tortured man with a sad past. Features references to old horror movies, callbacks to Policenauts, and press X to grope nurses.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

al-azad posted:

That's your only option. I don't think Sony will stop offering it to people who have it in their library but if they do then the game is effectively gone unless you have it saved on your harddrive.
That's what I'm saying. Couldn't you just keep the data you have from the site, or just copy it from your hardrive, and then upload it?

Wait, it'd be tied to an account, wouldn't it?

edit: Here's a video about what's been going do at Konami. It has anonymous sources, so take that however you will.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 27, 2015

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

That's what I'm saying. Couldn't you just keep the data you have from the site, or just copy it from your hardrive, and then upload it?

Wait, it'd be tied to an account, wouldn't it?

That's the thing, nobody has cracked it yet so they can't even access this information. It's not like the Xbox 360 and PS3 where the files are being ripped and distributed. It'll happen eventually, everything in computing is "eventually," but this is your last chance to get the game for probably a very long time.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

al-azad posted:

Quiet Mound, the latest survival horror game from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro. Set during the Spanish Civil War, Quiet Mound is a town haunted by intricate rubber monsters. The theme is strongly anti-war while containing the largest arsenal of video game weaponry and a 20 minute long mini-game where you clean a gun. The protagonist, visually based on a random actor, is a tortured man with a sad past. Features references to old horror movies, callbacks to Policenauts, and press X to grope nurses.

Is it bad that I would play this?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

JordanKai posted:

Ugh, I didn't even know about this. :saddowns:
Well if it makes you feel any better that wasn't even the last Silent Hill game, that would be the horrible Vita title: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill:_Book_of_Memories which thankfully kept the super useful and intriguing black mailman character from Downpour.

Also I still highly doubt that either del Toro or Kojima could make a satisfying horror game, and that while PT was interesting and spooky, it was probably no way indicative of what the end product was going to be.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FNAF4 confirmed.

https://www.scottgames.com

I haven't really cared about these games since the first but good on him for keepin the wheel rollin I guess.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

FNAF4 confirmed.

I haven't really cared about these games since the first but good on him for keepin the wheel rollin I guess.

Konami pulls P.T. and an opportunity to revive a beloved franchise via top talent, meanwhile the indie darling overstays it's welcome (for a third time for some people). What a weird day to be a horror game fan.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

It's supposed to be the last one, or so I hear.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Butt Ghost posted:

When one Kojima dies, another is born to replace him

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Oh hey, there's a hidden message in that teaser, too.

NIGHTMARE

http://i.imgur.com/5GIlUsQ.jpg

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

Oh hey, there's a hidden message in that teaser, too.

NIGHTMARE

http://i.imgur.com/5GIlUsQ.jpg

Butt Ghost posted:

tee hee

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Looking forward to Five Nights at Freddy's 0: The Beginninging, coming to Steam in January 2016

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
The fourth Friday the 13th is also subtitled: The Final Chapter

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Konami pulls P.T. and an opportunity to revive a beloved franchise via top talent, meanwhile the indie darling overstays it's welcome (for a third time for some people). What a weird day to be a horror game fan.

Lamenting the loss of the vaporware 10th Silent Hill game while deriding the 4th entry in a wildly popular indie series. :psyduck:

EDIT: So popular the site for it was brought down by the announcement, goddamn.

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 27, 2015

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Butt Ghost posted:

I thought that was 3.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

FNAF4 confirmed.

haha. I know people who have been literally working on games for 5 years. this guy has struck ultimate moneymaking formula.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Butt Ghost posted:

Even if it is the last one, 1-3 could always be redone using a 3D engine so you could see them walking around. At the very least, it could make the "click this, then this, then this, then repeat for the rest of the night" tactics not work, and the other elements could be tweaked.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

So with this news so close together I'd say it's safe to infer that Kojima, del Toro, and Norman Reedus are teaming up to make the next Five Nights at Freddie's.

Reedus rumored but not yet confirmed to play one of the animatronics

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

RightClickSaveAs posted:

So with this news so close together I'd say it's safe to infer that Kojima, del Toro, and Norman Reedus are teaming up to make the next Five Nights at Freddie's.

Reedus rumored but not yet confirmed to play one of the animatronics
Reedus is the security guard, he has to come home to the P.T. ghost every night after shining flashlights at animatronics and winding up music boxes all day.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

The dev actually said that about 3. He's just trying to bleed more money out of idiots who keep buying the same games over and over again.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Where was that said? I haven't heard anything about that, and I can't find anything saying that.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The dev actually said that about 3. He's just trying to bleed more money out of idiots who keep buying the same games over and over again.

He's done a lot of things but he's also significantly updated the gameplay mechanics with each version, which is impressive since I don't think he really had to for a lot of his audience. Good for him to keep making money for as long as people keep giving it to him.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'll say it every time a new FNAF game comes out, this guy should be making first person adventure games. He already has the creepy art style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

al-azad posted:

I'll say it every time a new FNAF game comes out, this guy should be making first person adventure games. He already has the creepy art style.
FNAF really does feel like a mid 90's FMV game.