Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
me and Pizza Lady found Spergie Sama's pastebin

http://pastebin.com/gFJewugA

also a tribute

Reoxygenation fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
It's gone Jim.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.
After finally realizing I should not be lazy any longer, I've decided that my level 120 something rear end should actually get working towards Elf City. Along the way, I will of course finally complete many quests that I should have finished a long time ago (from Monkey Madness to Clock Tower!). I also need to get ancient curses and many achievement diaries done because they're cool.

What's the best course of action to take here? I plan on getting MM and therefore Recipe for Disaster done first, and then I will get curses and move on from there. I can't help but feel like I'm being grossly inefficient, though. I'm Roseferi in-game btw since I never post in the thread.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

9m more dungeoneering xp and I get my comp cape! Wooo...

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Rosettas posted:

After finally realizing I should not be lazy any longer, I've decided that my level 120 something rear end should actually get working towards Elf City. Along the way, I will of course finally complete many quests that I should have finished a long time ago (from Monkey Madness to Clock Tower!). I also need to get ancient curses and many achievement diaries done because they're cool.

What's the best course of action to take here? I plan on getting MM and therefore Recipe for Disaster done first, and then I will get curses and move on from there. I can't help but feel like I'm being grossly inefficient, though. I'm Roseferi in-game btw since I never post in the thread.

Get curses first, save MM for the middle or after. MM is not a good quest and if you cannot appreciate lovely coding it'll kill your will to quest for a while.

sisterSyzygy
Sep 5, 2013

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.

Spergminer posted:

Get curses first, save MM for the middle or after. MM is not a good quest and if you cannot appreciate lovely coding it'll kill your will to quest for a while.

Good idea. The amazing, dated coding and design is what always made me not want to do MM over the years. I've kept a monkey corpse from the quest next to some slayer gloves in the bank as a joke and constant reminder of how I really don't want to do it!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
MM is bad. Honestly as someone that has done all the quests I'd recommend doing all possible quests until you must do MM to advance. It use to be a great quest because of the dragon scimmy but now you can just buy a whip for peanuts.

BobTheSpy
Feb 12, 2012
Out of pure curiosity, I know you can't make accounts for it right now - but does Runescape Classic still have a community? Do people still play it?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

It's 99% bots because no-one is masochistic enough to actually play it, especially when there's perfectly good 07scape servers to get that hit of nostalgia.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

There's Still a decently sized pvp scene on rs classic

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

~You can't kill what is already dead~

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Moddington posted:

It's 99% bots because no-one is masochistic enough to actually play it, especially when there's perfectly good 07scape servers to get that hit of nostalgia.

I doubt there's many bots, you certainly never see a lot around when you log in.

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

There's Still a decently sized pvp scene on rs classic

Each time a player kills another player, they have a hope deep down inside that they too will also die in real life.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
I met Mod Mark at GDC about a month ago and it made me think of you guys. Hope you're all well~

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Here is your idol Runescape

"healthy behavior"

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
1545 days? jesus gently caress i thought I was bad with 2k hours in TF2 over 4-5~ years...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

1545 days? jesus gently caress i thought I was bad with 2k hours in TF2 over 4-5~ years...

You still are. :haw:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Holy poo poo, what does that work out to? Eight hours a day minimum since Runescape came out? Supposedly Zezima took a multi-year break at some point, which would push that number higher... :stonk:

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

When drumgun hit 5.2b xp he had 1900 days played. Zezima is small time.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Evolution of Combat/Legacy Mashup is now live.

quote:

Today, there's more choice than ever in how you play RuneScape, with the EoC/Legacy Mash Up – a set of interface and gameplay options fresh out of the beta.

Previously, you had the choice of playing RuneScape with the Evolution of Combat system and complex, customisable interfaces, or in Legacy Mode, with old-style, low-intensity combat and traditional, fixed interfaces.

Now, you can pick and choose your favourites in any of four combinations, straight from the Combat Settings interface:

Evolution of Combat and New Interface System
Evolution of Combat and Legacy interfaces
Legacy combat and New Interface System
Legacy combat and interfaces
Enjoy! This is just the first of a number of updates coming your way from the current round of beta testing. If you haven't already, get involved! It's the best way to have your say in some of RuneScape's most crucial updates.

The RuneScape Ninja Team & Mod Roy (Honorary Ninja)

In addition, legendary pets from Solomon's Store have received an update.

quote:

Legendary Pet Improvements

To accompany the release of the two drakes, we've revamped the way that legendary pets work.

Legendary pets can now have up to three abilities active at one time. These are equipped in slots, which are unlocked as your pet reaches new growth stages.

Six new abilities are available for you to equip on your legendary pets:

Slayer finisher: your pet will automatically finish off slayer monsters that usually require an item, saving you an inventory slot.
Item repair: once per hour, you can use a repairable degrading item on your pet to repair it immediately. This works – and costs – the same as using the POH armour stand.
Beast of Burden: use a beast of burden familiar pouch on your pet to grant it the according level of BoB capacity. You must have the necessary Summoning level to use the pouch, and you can use more pouches to stack or renew the duration up to 2 hours.
High Alchemy: once per 10 minutes, use an item on your pet to convert it to coins, as per the High Alchemy spell. This requires no runes, and gives no Magic XP. Requires 55 Magic.
Fertiliser: every hour, your pet will answer the call of nature. The results – only viewable to you – can be picked up for six buckets of super compost.
Life Saver: your pet will save you from death, as per a ring of life. Note that this does not work in PvP areas and has a two-hour cooldown (logged-in time).
Note that life saver, slayer finisher, repair item and fertiliser aren't available for Ironman accounts.

Also, the existing abilities have been improved:

Forage has an improved drop table, and foraged coins are now added straight to your money pouch.
Scavenging now begins as soon as the ability activates, has an improved interface, and your pet will more reliably deliver items it picks up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Dang that honestly makes Legendary pets pretty tempting.

Scavenger+BoB looks real nice

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky
139 days and 10 hours? For an account I've had fourteen years, I feel like that's undershooting it shut the gently caress up

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Poonerman posted:

139 days and 10 hours? For an account I've had fourteen years, I feel like that's undershooting it

Well...

Poonerman posted:

shut the gently caress up

:saddowns:

e:

quote:

Fertiliser: every hour, your pet will answer the call of nature. The results – only viewable to you – can be picked up for six buckets of super compost. 

:shrek: top tier update :shrek:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
:twisted:

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I'm just reading the patch notes and...

quote:

Ironman players can now use regular and golden prawn crackers on the prawnbroker in their Player-Owned House to open the crackers and earn the reward inside.
Is this implying that Ironmen couldn't open their own prawn crackers until today? :wtc:

quote:

A warning now appears 5 minutes prior to the 23 hour automatic logout.
WARNING: You have been shitsocking for 23 hours straight and will be auto-logged in 5 minutes. Please seek help.

quote:

Butlers can no longer get stuck inside an aquarium.
:allears:

Random pubbie reminds everyone: remember to work on your chest when training

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Terces posted:

WARNING: You have been shitsocking for 23 hours straight and will be auto-logged in 5 minutes. Please seek help.

A few years ago I would play for a couple of hours, go to the login screen and then do something else for a while. Later I'd come back and log in. I've died more than once to 6hr logouts because it counts lobby/login screen time too. Also getting crashed every 6 hrs at god wars because you had to relog and then some idiot pubbie wandered in.

I'm not sure how a 23 hour session would even happen unless you fell asleep at the computer and then logged in the next morning without reloading the screen.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Spergminer posted:

I'm not sure how a 23 hour session would even happen unless you fell asleep at the computer and then logged in the next morning without reloading the screen.

????

During BXP weekends people stay online for the full 72 hours while streaming. At divination release people were sleeping for like 4 hours every 2 or 3 days.

e: While everyone's posting shameful adventure logs..

Waltchelg fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 28, 2015

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

You guys are nerds.

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Only half of what it was for WoW :shepface:

Also, Living Rock Caverns can be graphically hilarious.

Professor Oak fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 28, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Image dumps.

:marc:

:420:

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Today's patch brings us this years Runescape Roadtrip, offering the usual Xp lamps, most (all?) of last years rewards and a new aura:

quote:

Complete a category and you'll unlock the Explorer's Aura. Once per day– for 30 days from when you first unlock it – this will grant you access to an instanced area where you can skill or kill to your heart's content, with increased XP and gathering rates.

Right-click the aura itself to spawn a portal to the area. Whenever you enter, you'll choose whether it contains combat or skilling content. It will contain enemies or skilling spots appropriate to your level, and you can change by leaving and re-entering the area. It'll always contain a bank chest and deposit box.

Sounds cool, but we'll have to wait and see just how lame it turns out to be. At least it looks like it'll be less of a buttpain to get jmod stamps this time.
More importantly, May is going to be full of various :parrot: Bonus Weekends :parrot:, one of them starting today:

quote:

Skiller Weekend | 1st May - 4th May

Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop.
Increased node spawns and reward points at Runespan.
Double chance for gold relic, sceptre and Black Ibis drops at Pyramid Plunder.
Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
Divination wisps last twice as long.
Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
+50% base Big Chinchompa XP.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I'm very bad at Dungeoneering. I waste a lot of time and have bad binds. Most of my XP came from sinks, but now that I'm 75 I think I need to actually run dungeons.

Can anyone offer some pro tips for soloing so I can start prepping for the double tokens weekend?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

alphabrawl posted:

I'm very bad at Dungeoneering. I waste a lot of time and have bad binds. Most of my XP came from sinks, but now that I'm 75 I think I need to actually run dungeons.

Can anyone offer some pro tips for soloing so I can start prepping for the double tokens weekend?

1) Train your smithing/mining. This makes it much easier to build your armor binds. I recommend going with full armor and a maul in the highest levels you can smith or find while being equipable.
2) runecrafting yourself a grip of fire and nature runes (say 15 essence spent on nature, 50 on fire) gets you the ability to easily high level alchemy good drops that you can use to spend on crafting things if you don't find enough in the dungeons.
3) Totally try to do the Daemonheim tasks, the aura is super useful even at only the first level

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alternatively, I'll try and be on a bit tomorrow and this weekend to make you the binds you need, and teach you the ropes. That goes for anybody.

Also, DO SOME CIT, PEOPLE. I've had to rely on the avatars the last few weeks to finish upkeep. Pay is still 500k for a full contribution of any resources.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I'd have to play the game to cap though ???

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Ace of Spades was insanely bad and now Jagex is ready for round 2 with Block N Load!
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/block-n-load--now-live-on-steam?jptg=ia&jptv=carousel_1

Free weekend on Steam, play 5 friendly matches and get a free rs override outfit, then uninstall the game.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Spergminer posted:

Ace of Spades was insanely bad and now Jagex is ready for round 2 with Block N Load!
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/block-n-load--now-live-on-steam?jptg=ia&jptv=carousel_1

Free weekend on Steam, play 5 friendly matches and get a free rs override outfit, then uninstall the game.

I unno, I find it's fairly fun, if a bit janky in some areas (it IS a Beta :v:) and it seems really dependant on your team knowing what the gently caress they're actually supposed to be doing, so I guess it's just going to crash and burn. :shrug:

EDIT: Oh and I guess it has the massive hatetrain baggage from Jagex loving up AoS working against it. :v:

Some dumb idiot fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 1, 2015

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It's too bad they hosed up AoS, too. PvP FPS Minecraft sounds super fun

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I like that their stereotype 'Asian' character is a ninja named Juan, Xuan's blockier but still horribly voice acted cousin.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Alternatively, I'll try and be on a bit tomorrow and this weekend to make you the binds you need, and teach you the ropes. That goes for anybody.

Also, DO SOME CIT, PEOPLE. I've had to rely on the avatars the last few weeks to finish upkeep. Pay is still 500k for a full contribution of any resources.

How is this even possible given the severely reduced caps?!

I guess the game just isn't the same without a loveable sharp-witted lady of grain gracing the chat with award winning puns and laughter. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

you're right, it's better now