Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Gervasius posted:

All joking aside, Chumbs is pretty chill to platoon with.

Agreed, especially if you decide to use the 2PAC TS pro method:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
soulfucker is confirmed being a huge baby. muting people on ts is babbiest of babby moves.

also, its really weird that 2pac had a huge influx of new goons the moment i took a break from tanks. its a really weird coincidence imho

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
If you havent already, check out this site:

http://tanks.gg/en/wot/e-100#tab:model.s:1

Click on the live tab at the bottom of the picture to see how angels change armor thickness, ignore the color scheme as I think it assumes you are shooting with the same gun as the tank you have selected.

Cool thing we can glean from this:

IS7 armor layout allows you to hit the rear drive wheel from a slightly angled front IS7 (only 120 mm of actual protection).

Also, a cool thing:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1829906#himmelsdorf-johngaltcobracommander-type_64

WG, in all of its glory, has bugged the e100 armor layout so that the turret ring has a hard 0 actual armor on the very top of it (I think). It isnt practical to try to shoot for in an actual game but it is kinda funny (the following game I was able to pen it with a T1 cunningham).

Finishing with a replay of a fat girl who really likes my fine french rear end:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1829909#westfield-johngaltcobracommander-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I. Love. My. Patton.

Reason Why-> http://wotreplays.com/site/1699688

Arty managed to reset the base from a full 100, giving me just enough time to duel against an E-100 and VK72.01K in the cap and secure the base.

Had a little moment of indecision while the Jg.Pz.100 was roaming around afterwards, but it worked out in the end.

That E-100 was something special. I felt kind of bad for the VK72.01K and Jg.Pz.100 players.

Been having pretty solid results with the tank I've gotten it. Looking to work towards the E-50M now and see how that pans out for me.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 27, 2015

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I got my USA Expert medal the other day and now I'm curious, is there anyway that you can see which tank's you're missing from each of the experts? I know the WOT Assistant can tell you which tanks you've killed in whatever tank so the information is there but I was wondering if there was a site that could extract it.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Aramoro posted:

So I got my USA Expert medal the other day and now I'm curious, is there anyway that you can see which tank's you're missing from each of the experts? I know the WOT Assistant can tell you which tanks you've killed in whatever tank so the information is there but I was wondering if there was a site that could extract it.

If you go to your medals in-game, just mouse-over on the Master Tanker [Nation] medal you still need and it'll tell you.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent gaming headset that doesn't cost a lot?

I guess I'm leaning towards this one because I've heard of the company and it's cheap: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082
I have that headset and it works well. The only think I don't like about it is that it has cloth/fuzzy material on the head padding, which tends to accumulate dirt, fuzz, and hair. A smoother material, like vinyl or something, would be easier to keep clean.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Saint Celestine posted:

Went to a WG live event cause it was close and I had nothing better to do.

Fill this out and you may or may not get gold. http://survey.wargaming.net/s/PlayerGatheringApril26/
Well if they check to see if my account was logged in during that event they'll probably guess that I wasn't really at the event... but this is WGA, so they probably aren't even going to bother checking.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Oh here's a wehraboo complaining about Soviet bias and historical inaccuracy

He refuses to use the L/100 on the Panther because it's not historically accurate.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/437375-goodbye-panther-wog-screwed-you/

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a decent gaming headset that doesn't cost a lot?

I guess I'm leaning towards this one because I've heard of the company and it's cheap: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158082

That's the headset I have, it's pretty good I think. I like the detachable mic thing and the sound quality is decent enough.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

R. Mute posted:

I honestly can't remember what playing the SU-85 was like, but going off of my stats, it seems like it's a perfectly fine tank. It's basically a good preview of the SU-100 and the 122 mm SU-152. If you're in a Soviet anything, but especially TDs, you're going to have to accept their limitations - no turrets and terrible viewranges.

And speaking of the SU-152, I've finally figured this tank out.

That second game was especially nice because that Luchs just had an amazing game. A game on Prokhorovka where, well, let's just say only one tank went to the hill - the E25. So, yeah, it didn't go well. But that Luchs, man. He outplayed their scouts, did a bunch of scouting damage himself. When it was him and myself against the T29, the TOG and the Chi-Nu, he kept the T29 spotted while I drove down his health and then soloed him when I had to turn around to deal with the Chi-Nu and the TOG coming up behind me. He had to do two drive-bys, it was mad. He finally died drawing the TOGs attention while I positioned myself to kill the TOG. Rip, little buddy.
I really enjoyed the SU-85, it's zippy, has a couple of reliable gun choices with good fire rates, and forces you to not play like a loving idiot (such as, for instance, putting binocs on it and trying to spot out in front of the rest of your team because you think it's a bad tank..)

The only thing I remember the SU line bugging me with, was that a lot of them had really lovely gun depression IIRC, which led to me having to nose down a hill to shoot enemies, and then I'd get hit in the top of my open cab and pop, dead.. So I learned to stay farther back.

It's pretty good for running and gunning as well, very like a Stug in that regard.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Aramoro posted:

That's the headset I have, it's pretty good I think. I like the detachable mic thing and the sound quality is decent enough.

I've had one of those, and it's pretty good, Not very durable, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blas...ve+labs+headset

This is what I'm using right now, and it's nice in many ways, but if you have a large brain case like me, you'll find yourself readjusting your poo poo twice a day. Good headset, not built for big heads. Still comfortable, though.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

subhelios posted:

There's a gaming mumble server :stare:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516406 is the thread for dealing with the in-game channel and when if the password ever changes, it'll get posted here.
Currently named Goons or some variant of that. Password is in the first post of that thread.

The 'main' TS at this point is the PANSY TS if you're in NA or tin cans connected by a string if you're in EUR. I don't even want to know what the poor souls in the SEA server have to deal with.
PANSY TS address: 209.15.226.35:10937

If you hop on soonish I can take care of permissions tags immediately, though anyone who's been authenticated can do it.

Lastly, If you're on NA I can get you an invite to PANSY. You'd have to talk to other people about getting into 2PAC or whatever other clan you're wanting to get into.

I found out about the gaming mumble from the goonfleet mumble.
I'm EST USTZ if that help or hurts. I don't play everyday but enjoy during in a fiery explosion from time to time. Even better if it caused by a teammate. Drinking is not so huge with the kids around. But when they are not here I have no problem singing a few tunes after a 6 pack or 3.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/on-track-to-268-2015/

New on track event came at a good time. I've just unlocked the ISU-152 and have been in the process of grinding credits. With the discount I should be able to pick it up pretty soon. Is it worth free-XPing to the BL-10 immediately (I should have just enough to cover it) or will the 122mm gun from the SU-152 work well enough to not be so painful to grind?

edit: Will the BL-10 mount without upgraded suspension?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bigfabdaddy posted:

I found out about the gaming mumble from the goonfleet mumble.
I'm EST USTZ if that help or hurts. I don't play everyday but enjoy during in a fiery explosion from time to time. Even better if it caused by a teammate. Drinking is not so huge with the kids around. But when they are not here I have no problem singing a few tunes after a 6 pack or 3.

Well, there's the gaming mumble server that goonfleet maintains, but you need to be a member to get to the details:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/169935-gaming-mumble-open-to-all/

I figured he was referring to the CTS mumble

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Azhais posted:

Well, there's the gaming mumble server that goonfleet maintains, but you need to be a member to get to the details:

I figured he was referring to the CTS mumble

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

yeah sorry. I confused myself. I will work on pretending to get some of this done over the next few hours.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Arishtat posted:

The putdowns just write themselves with that tank.

"Yo dude my dog is a better tank driver than you."

"My dog doesn't have thumbs and he's still a better shot!"

"bark bark bark bark" "The dog says to eat a bowl of dicks, publord!"

"You just got killed by a Polish dog, think about that for a minute. Don't worry I'll wait."

:drat:

NotWearingPants posted:

Logitech G230 or G430.

Bigfabdaddy posted:

So what must one do to obtain goon status in WoT?

J4G spotted.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

sc0tty posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/on-track-to-268-2015/

New on track event came at a good time. I've just unlocked the ISU-152 and have been in the process of grinding credits. With the discount I should be able to pick it up pretty soon. Is it worth free-XPing to the BL-10 immediately (I should have just enough to cover it) or will the 122mm gun from the SU-152 work well enough to not be so painful to grind?

edit: Will the BL-10 mount without upgraded suspension?

You want to get the BL-10 as soon as you can- it completely makes the tank. I am not sure if the tracks are necessary or not (in general they are, obviously). I think I might re-buy the ISU 152 for this event...I have a 704 and 85B already. Hmmm.

In other news, when is the goddamned Euro patch going to drop so I can get my mods sorted?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

WayAbvPar posted:

You want to get the BL-10 as soon as you can- it completely makes the tank. I am not sure if the tracks are necessary or not (in general they are, obviously). I think I might re-buy the ISU 152 for this event...I have a 704 and 85B already. Hmmm.

In other news, when is the goddamned Euro patch going to drop so I can get my mods sorted?

Aslain's is up for 9.7, you filthy barbarian.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, gently caress the last On Track mission. There are now packs of Bishops and FV304s prowling around mid-tier battles, raining down shells rapid-fire on anything that has the tiniest amount of of its track, or gun, or rear end exposed.

Also gently caress American arty in general, when did it become cool to play that poo poo again?

operator7g
Apr 26, 2014

sc0tty posted:

[edit: Will the BL-10 mount without upgraded suspension?

You can always get enhanced torsion bars if it doesn't. I've done this on quiet a few tanks, enhanced torsion bars then go straight for turrets then gun then tracks later.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Aslain's is up for 9.7, you filthy barbarian.

Does it have session stats and sound mods? That is mainly what I am missing from OMC. Also my damage mod is screwed up and I have two mods writing to the same part of the screen.

And I am NOT filthy right now. Shaved my awful hockey playoff beard and am freshly showered :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WayAbvPar posted:

Does it have session stats and sound mods? That is mainly what I am missing from OMC. Also my damage mod is screwed up and I have two mods writing to the same part of the screen.

And I am NOT filthy right now. Shaved my awful hockey playoff beard and am freshly showered :colbert:

Yeah, it has a bunch of different sound packs and the sessions stats are working. I've upgraded my sixth sense icon to an eye of sauron now.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

That's what I use too. My 6 year old loves it so I can't change.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Azhais posted:

I knew about this one, I just can't be assed to do whatever it is I need to do to get unvacationed since I don't really want to play EVE. I thought he meant that someone had set up one for all of Games over here too :v:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Man, gently caress the last On Track mission. There are now packs of Bishops and FV304s prowling around mid-tier battles, raining down shells rapid-fire on anything that has the tiniest amount of of its track, or gun, or rear end exposed.

Also gently caress American arty in general, when did it become cool to play that poo poo again?

When you reach this piece of American engineering achievement:

'

That's not a WTF E-100. That's not an Object-I made this up on a napkin.

That's an actual 'Murican arty piece.

Now, while it might not as well machined as the greatest pistol in the world, aka the Browning High-Caliber, that boy will break tier X games wide open.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

When you reach this piece of American engineering achievement:

'

That's not a WTF E-100. That's not an Object-I made this up on a napkin.

That's an actual 'Murican arty piece.

Now, while it might not as well machined as the greatest pistol in the world, aka the Browning High-Caliber, that boy will break tier X games wide open.

I want one pretty badly. How badly would I be boned if I skipped to it straight from the M41 HMC?

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

subhelios posted:

I want one pretty badly. How badly would I be boned if I skipped to it straight from the M41 HMC?

I drove like a fiend to the T92 before 8.6 dropped, so I missed the fill-in arty. The tier 5 and 6 American arty are shockingly strong, when I drive my KV-2 sportster around the map, though.

[e] After 5k games in it, you owe it to yourself to pound gold rounds into red teams in the 53/55. It's the best arty in the game.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 27, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have a hard time hitting things with my M41, dunno why. Also I'm sad I moved to the FV304, should have stuck to the bishop. The 304's gun is just too underpowered for the higher tier matches and its frustrating pelting some T8 for 100 damage a shot.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

I drove like a fiend to the T92 before 8.6 dropped, so I missed the fill-in arty. The tier 5 and 6 American arty are shockingly strong, when I drive my KV-2 sportster around the map, though.

Fair enough.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Cardiac posted:

Saw your replay on the Wotlabs forum.
Must suck to die to a HE shooting Jpz100 after doing 10k damage :stare:

I should have had him too, I didn't expect a Jpze there so I snapshot a poorly aimed shot.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Azhais posted:

I have a hard time hitting things with my M41, dunno why. Also I'm sad I moved to the FV304, should have stuck to the bishop. The 304's gun is just too underpowered for the higher tier matches and its frustrating pelting some T8 for 100 damage a shot.
I'm on the M12 now and hate it. Using that arty is like trying to lob a pumpkin through a hula-hoop a hundred yards away with a slingshot made from a wet sock.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wasn't/Isn't the tier 9 American arty actually better than its tier 10 or something?

Also the tier 6 American Arty fires pretty drat quick when compared to the French Tier 6.

Bigfabdaddy
Aug 3, 2014

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Atomizer posted:

:drat:

Logitech G230 or G430.

J4G spotted.

Lol I didn't know we infected WoT until after I was here already.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Wasn't/Isn't the tier 9 American arty actually better than its tier 10 or something?

Also the tier 6 American Arty fires pretty drat quick when compared to the French Tier 6.

Let me answer your artillery queries.

I've played all the tier X arties outside of the the Bat Chat (Juffo Wup loves that one.)

The GWE100 is a strong tier X, Good arc, bad traverse, nice damage, nice splash. Hope you never get spotted, as you can't move.

The T92 is also strongk, sorta good arc, sorta good traverse. Huge damage, and splash. Also slow.

The CGC is nice, good arc (not like the 304, though) big damage, splash, but lovely accuracy. This is an add-on arty, not one to push for, imo. Slow as molasses in January.

The 261 has mediocre dmg for a X arty, with a tiny traverse, but is unforgivingly accurate, with a 30s reload. You can get away with AP in this, though after many long battles, I don't prefer it. Speedy enough, with a proper crew you can out-fox many teams.

The Lorraine 155-51 shares the same gun as the Tier X French. If you like low-alpha strikes. with fast reloads (well after your clip loads for the 58,) at tier X, this is your arty. Fast as poo poo. You're on the other side of the map before the red team can spell "GG." Saves you from repair costs in that manner.

But let me make this clear. The M55 has arc, traverse, speed, big damage, big splash and is the best arty in the game. Also, you might see tier IX games in it.

[e]: I really feel for people grinding arty these days. It's a horrible grind. The M55 should be your first, I think (but I'm no expert,) then branch out.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 27, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

[e]: I really feel for people grinding arty these days

I don't

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

je m'inquiète

[e] Anyway, hope that's a bit of base for you up and coming arty goons.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 27, 2015

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I just want a higher tier arty for Missions. With spotting mechanics the way they are and the lack of good scout maps, the Light Tank missions are a royal pain in the rear end so I'm trying to avoid them.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've been playing the British artillery lately, I'm up to the Bishop. The only thing that has made the experience seem even vaguely fun is simultaneously going through the grind towards the ELC and the Cromwell, and having to drive the loving M7. gently caress the M7.

How anyone new persists with this game long enough to get out of the first four tiers is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I think the M7 is good actually, since it is fast.