Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know that dual play adds a lot that I was looking for in the game. I'm at this point mostly curious about the new influx of obese gasbots in Gotham.

looks like a question mark on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Riddlertron 9000.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know that dual play adds a lot that I was looking for in the game. I'm at this point mostly curious about the new influx of obese gasbots in Gotham.
There are some stills that show that least some of them have Riddler trophies in the round belly part.

edit:

double edit: catwoman's face got weird.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 27, 2015

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Have they confirmed actual co-op or is that just an instance of an awesome AI buddy helping you be a badass in the trailer, since there was no article confirming it linked.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MrJacobs posted:

Have they confirmed actual co-op or is that just an instance of an awesome AI buddy helping you be a badass in the trailer, since there was no article confirming it linked.

It's not co-op but you can character switch on the fly GTA V style

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MrJacobs posted:

Uh :confused:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Kinda disappointed about no Batgirl, but co-op! :supaburn:

Edit: Okay, so it's not co-op. Close enough idea, though.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

didn't see the edit when I skimmed through the thread. thanks for that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'm kinda not too keen on fighting robots- it was ok for a one-off, but it's pushing the bounds of the specific, weird form of comic book realism that the series has established. If they were guild-based, that would at least make some sense. Now apparently Riddler is also a roboticist. Not sure how I feel about that.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Character switching between Batman and friends was on my wishlist for AK features since the end of City as a way to up the ante on combat and stealth. Pretty pumped that it made it in. Between this and the Batmobile Rocksteady looks to be getting hyper-ambitious with its last Batman outting and I'm super excited after how stale Origins was.

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm kinda not too keen on fighting robots- it was ok for a one-off, but it's pushing the bounds of the specific, weird form of comic book realism that the series has established. If they were guild-based, that would at least make some sense. Now apparently Riddler is also a roboticist. Not sure how I feel about that.

I figured we crossed that line when the reveal trailers had us blowing through Arkham Knight's billion dollar drone army in a rocket-powered tank. Maybe they stole all the money from Bruce Wayne's trust fund? I mean, what's he gonna do about it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

So you're okay with the Riddler making complex death traps and bizarre puzzles that make use of tons of advanced technology but not robots, a thing already established to exist in the setting in multiple places?

I mean we fight Mr. Freeze and Clayface and drone tanks. Realism it ain't. One of the boss fights in the previous game is against a literal undead zombie-man.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 27, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder what the advantage of Dual Play takedowns is. They look really long.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder what the advantage of Dual Play takedowns is. They look really long.

My theory is:

They are a takedown that instantly disables an enemy and in doing so allows you to swap instantly to another character. The other characters have reduced movesets but their special moves/combos/ect can further build your combo multiplier or perhaps they specialize against certain kinds of enemies. (i.e: Catwoman can gently caress up robots better or something.)

Just based off what they show I feel like it's going to be less "AI Robin fights alongside Batman" and more "AI Robin is conveniently offscreen until he is summoned to do a combo attack and takes over." The fact that the characters shown so far are all characters who were playable in previous versions of the game kind of makes me think they're doing light recycling.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

ImpAtom posted:

My theory is:

They are a takedown that instantly disables an enemy and in doing so allows you to swap instantly to another character. The other characters have reduced movesets but their special moves/combos/ect can further build your combo multiplier or perhaps they specialize against certain kinds of enemies. (i.e: Catwoman can gently caress up robots better or something.)

Just based off what they show I feel like it's going to be less "AI Robin fights alongside Batman" and more "AI Robin is conveniently offscreen until he is summoned to do a combo attack and takes over." The fact that the characters shown so far are all characters who were playable in previous versions of the game kind of makes me think they're doing light recycling.

I like this idea. Imagine a whole skill tree based on your AI partners. You're only one point away from "Beat bad guy in the dick with Nightwing".

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

boo_radley posted:

I like this idea. Imagine a whole skill tree based on your AI partners. You're only one point away from "Beat bad guy in the dick with Nightwing".

I like it as well. If true I'm gonna D&D with Batman and then switch to Catwoman to finish everyone with her beatdowns, which I loved. gently caress Robin.

Also wondering about suit damage in this game, I don't remember Asylum but in City and Origins the suit damage looked cool but I'll really like to be able to turn it off if I wanted, like a swapout of a new suit at the batcave or something.

So excited for this game. Hopefully it won't require a computer upgrade for me to hit 60fps.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

So excited for this game. Hopefully it won't require a computer upgrade for me to hit 60fps.

Do you have 55 GB of free space? :v:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Maybe the ally takedowns will be sort of like the assassin call-ins from Assassin's Creed, you'll get a certain number of charges to call them in for guaranteed takedowns.

That being said maybe the minigun guys it shows in the trailer require a double takedown, otherwise they're immune to silent takedowns like the armored jerks.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Chasiubao posted:

I do, but jfc.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Chasiubao posted:

Hahaha holy gently caress, goddamn it. Might have to wait? The Witcher 3 is right around the corner next month and I couldn't possibly finish any games in a reasonable amount of real time most days.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Calling it now:

Batman will have a Scarecrow-induced hallucination and pull off Akham Knight's helmet to reveal the Joker, thereby causing everyone in the world to go "ughhhhhhh."

However, Arkham Knight is actually just a robot.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Chasiubao posted:

Is that just hard drive space? 2TB drives are crazy cheap these days.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The Joe Man posted:

Calling it now:

However, Arkham Knight is actually just a robot.

It's probably Ra's A Ghul again.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Does Damien exist in this universe?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Azubah posted:

He has never been mentioned.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Azubah posted:

I mean, they could do a surprise reveal, but Talia didn't mention anything related to him in City, and, you know, she's probably not having any kids in the meantime.

Course, that doesn't mean that Ra's didn't, like, steal some of Bruce's DNA and make a clone baby that ages superfast. So we can't discount Les Enfants Terrible, I suppose.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Rocksteady should move onto Predator after this, they would be perfect at it.

They won't though. :smith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

So we can't discount Les Enfants Terrible, I suppose.

But we already had Solidus Snake in Arkham Origins.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Season pass has been announced. Forty goddamn dollars.

(And I'll probably break down and pick it up...)

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yeah, you know what? I'll probably get that too

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Obviously at the end Arkham Knight will be unmasked to reveal that it was Talia all along.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

100 dollars for a game jesus. then again I paid full price for the MKX collector pack which was the same amount of money, but that was mitigated through trade-ins.

I feel like I'd really have to know EXACTLY what gets added and there better be a metric fuckload of maps and characters but still, jesus christ that's the price of a full game in DLC. WB is quickly garnering a loving awful rep with DLC.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Arkham series are the only games that are a guaranteed full price day one buy for me. Mortal Kombat X is tempting, though. It looks beautiful and my wife is a big MK fan.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I rented Lego Batman 3 and its DLC practice was pretty heinous. They basically took all of the fun mini-missions from previous lego games (perfected in lego marvel) and released them in a season pass. We're talking something like five dollars for less than ten minutes of content.

I did pick up Cold Cold Heart when it was on sale on PSN a few weeks ago, though. Still have to rent Origins again to enjoy it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Narcissus1916 posted:

They said what includes?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They said what includes?

something like "content constantly added in first 6 months of release" which includes "super villains, story content, racetracks, batman skins, challenge maps, other character skins"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They said what includes?
Probably everything that isn't exclusive to other platforms I would hope.

still upset I can't play as knightfall batman razza frazza

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 28, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I put in my PS4 preorder yesterday so hopefully I get some sweet-rear end Harley Quinn story stuff.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I preordered this game on Steam a long while ago, but since then I've bought a PS4 and I'm wondering if I should cancel my preorder for Steam and get a PS4 copy instead. I've never played any of the Arkham games on a console, is there much of a difference? Harley stuff is only available for the PS4 right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

I preordered this game on Steam a long while ago, but since then I've bought a PS4 and I'm wondering if I should cancel my preorder for Steam and get a PS4 copy instead. I've never played any of the Arkham games on a console, is there much of a difference? Harley stuff is only available for the PS4 right?

The console versions look a little weaker but have had extra content in the past. They almost always run well though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ImpAtom posted:

The console versions look a little weaker but have had extra content in the past. They almost always run well though.

I don't really buy or play a lot of games but Arkham Knight is the first game that gotten up close and personal with that screams 'THIS IS THE FUTURE OF VIDEO GAMES! THIS IS WHY YOU BOUGHT A PS4! BOW BEFORE ME'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I poked around and I guess Harley is a preorder bonus regardless of what version you get, but it sounds like I still might be better off dropping by Gamestop and putting in a preorder instead because man, I just don't know if my computer can take it. I've played the other Arkham games fine but I think the PS4 might outstrip my computer on this one.

• Locked thread