Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Our spring game just happened and I think it's more of the same from last year in that Schiano left a loaded cupboard and there are a lot of good upperclassmen, and somehow the RBs are insanely good (this might be due to hiring the old Minnesota zone blocking guru to be our OL coach.) The underclassmen are loving horrible though due to Flood's lovely recruiting, and this team is going to have an average 2015 before falling off the cliff next year. It's really depressing, and I literally cry at how Flood is destroying the program.

not an invitation you shithead no one cares

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alouicious posted:

not an invitation you shithead no one cares

People are allowed to talk about their football team in the thread about college football, shut up.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Kansas QB Michael Cummings will undergo surgery after screwing up his knee during their spring game. He was tackled fairly hard while scrambling, though I couldn't tell from the one video I found of it if it was a situation where the defender actually went after the QB or if it was a case of a defender fighting off a block and suddenly having a QB fall in his lap.

The result of it all? Poor Kansas :(

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Kansas QB Michael Cummings will undergo surgery after screwing up his knee during their spring game. He was tackled fairly hard while scrambling, though I couldn't tell from the one video I found of it if it was a situation where the defender actually went after the QB or if it was a case of a defender fighting off a block and suddenly having a QB fall in his lap.

So from 3 wins to 1?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

So from 3 wins to 1?

More likely from 1 to 0. From what I've gathered Kansas was a Senior-heavy team last year, Weis didn't recruit very well, and they've got a first year head coach.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

More likely from 1 to 0. From what I've gathered Kansas was a Senior-heavy team last year, Weis didn't recruit very well, and they've got a first year head coach.

Sounds like a perfect poo poo storm. Hopefully the new coach gets a couple of years to get them in a better spot and I hope the QB heals well, at any rate.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

You'd think Charlie might learn that being an unpleasant arrogant dickhead is a detriment to recruiting, but who am I to give advice to somebody that's probably making $8M to not work this year?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Arizona State's football and baseball Twitter accounts are hyping up their next matchups with Cal because the ASU team lost to them in a video game tournament.
https://twitter.com/FootballASU/status/592545707145330688
https://twitter.com/ASU_Baseball/status/592546081604374528

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It was on ESPN2 last night. It was the weirdest poo poo, seeing a loving MOBA match between UC Berkeley and ASU.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
America is truly and utterly lost.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People freaking out about ESPN showing that silly poo poo like they didn't used to build hours of prime time TV around fat nerds playing cards every year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ESPN used to show Scrabble championships (and they might still do?). I think we're fine.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

People freaking out about ESPN showing that silly poo poo like they didn't used to build hours of prime time TV around fat nerds playing cards every year.

They had a show about Madden tournaments too.

I don't think it did well.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
ESPN2 is for large Polish men throwing kegs over giant limbo bars.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

ESPN2 is for large Polish men throwing kegs over giant limbo bars.

Kiana's Flex Appeal.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Kiana's Flex Appeal.

No way for me to comment on that one further without making it creepy, so I'll just nod.

This is my new favorite thing. It reminds me of Nick Saban bitching about how winning the national championship costs you a week of recruiting.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The game itself is meh, but it was worth it to see all the idiots get upset because how dare ESPN2 show something that isn't a Real Sport?! That and everyone saying "Ugh we consider this a sport now? This is why America is fat."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
At least the video game bullshit got relegated to the late night ESPN2 ghetto where only dedicated drag racing fans will ever find it. Poker was on regular ESPN with a massive marketing push behind it. Part of my duties as a moderator of what is ostensibly a sports discussion forum was to read reports for threads about people playing cards. We have progressed a lot as far as I'm cocerned.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 27, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also now I imagining someone actually tuning in to ESPN2 to watch drag racing, seeing video games in its place, and chucking their can of Skol at the dang TV in frustration.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

MourningView posted:

Also now I imagining someone actually tuning in to ESPN2 to watch drag racing, seeing video games in its place, and chucking their can of Skol at the dang TV in frustration.
The Heroes of the Storm thing actually did go over its scheduled time, and into a soccer show. Nothing of value was lost.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whatever happened to lou diamond philips now that he ain't teaching us the rules of poker anymore

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Part of my duties as a moderator of what is ostensibly a sports discussion forum was to read reports for threads about people playing cards.

This explains so much about your demeanor, you poor child. :smith:

Also, gently caress the World Series of Poker.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

No way for me to comment on that one further without making it creepy, so I'll just nod.

Any teenager from the mid-to-late 90s that doesn't understand this isn't worth talking to.

So, :cheers:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Alouicious posted:

whatever happened to lou diamond philips now that he ain't teaching us the rules of poker anymore

He's shown up on the soup a few times lately.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

MourningView posted:

Skoal, man.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

KKKLIP ART posted:

Sounds like a perfect poo poo storm. Hopefully the new coach gets a couple of years to get them in a better spot

Strongly disagree

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Skoal, man.

Trap (and mouth cancer) sprung.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Grizzly probably, tbqh

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
the only time i ever touched snuff was the summer i worked on the slope because smoking cigs on oil rigs is frowned upon

none of us smoked cigs anyway so me and my buds got around it by making hash oil and soaking herbs like mugwort in it then dipping it like chew to stay high all day. it owned and we made $45/hr for 80hr+/week and that's how i paid for college. alaska rules

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I saw more discarded snuff cans in my high school bathrooms than I have seen probably in the rest of my life combined.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

i never saw snuff cans in HS but I did see goth and punk kids giving themselves lip piercings with safety pins. and then in my food industry jobs i saw coworkers shooting up in the bathrooms plus at the company xmas party the exec chef and some others doing fat lines of blow after getting piss drunk and slamming back multiple bars of xanax

basically if you have anything resembling an addictive personality or weakness for peer pressure never work within 10 miles of anything food related at all ever

to bring this back to football, the state of the food service industry is a fantastic allegory for cougar football: incredibly hosed up and on the precipice of a catastrophic burnout that could bring the entire program down with it :feelsgood:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I give out OSU/Oregon plastic Coors light cups to people who want to dip on that patio at our bar. this is good because previously they would ask to use our glassware

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

crimson & grey, which is an unlicensed, unofficial retailer of WSU gear here in pullman, sells spittoons in wazzu colors

i'm sure that says something

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Paging Andichu, Andichu to the offseason thread. Thank you

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

I saw more discarded snuff cans in my high school bathrooms than I have seen probably in the rest of my life combined.

I'm not sure if I've seen one since high school!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I once transported a chick that tried to shoot crushed up xanax, ephedrine and whiskey through a broken hypodermic needle that she had just superglued back together.

She found it. In a truck stop bathroom. And it was used/broken.

The needle dislodged inside her, which didn't matter because she didn't crush up the pills well enough to pass through.

Why people do the things they do......

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

They still play ISU. I'd keep 'em at 1.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I once transported a chick that tried to shoot crushed up xanax, ephedrine and whiskey through a broken hypodermic needle that she had just superglued back together.

She found it. In a truck stop bathroom. And it was used/broken.

The needle dislodged inside her, which didn't matter because she didn't crush up the pills well enough to pass through.

Why people do the things they do......

so I take it she was a 5-star recruit for the all-SEC SEC-sports team

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wheez the roux posted:

so I take it she was a 5-star recruit for the all-SEC SEC-sports team

Went on to be a starter at Auburn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kayakyakr posted:

I think the difference between Cummings productivity healthy and Cummings productivity injured stands at at even.

This is actually the peak of ESPN's potential.

• Locked thread