Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Whoa I didn't even think about feedback to the gauges, that's some next level poo poo.

This would make for the best game of I76 ever...

Get on it! Make the best racing rig ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

The primary appeal of a Ruckus for me was that for a two year period between the ages or 14 and 16 - it was legal transportation that required nothing more than a learners permit. Granted there was winter :canada: so they're only usable for 6 months of the year tops but they're sub $1500 used and you can sell them for that again once you're 16 and can get a real bike/car.

Or you can keep it and commute with it and lane split while enjoying the 100MPG.

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.
An $8 Nerf basketball hoop has turned this into a fairly tolerable Monday. Some days it is good to have a closet for an office.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

The Jabberwocky posted:

An $8 Nerf basketball hoop has turned this into a fairly tolerable Monday. Some days it is good to have a closet for an office.

I may or may not spend some days attacking the cats with nerf weaponry.
Today may or may not have been one of those days.

I really need to re-make my desk, make it bigger, and give myself a "secondary" workbench to play with within easy reach of my system. Then I could start working on side projects at work!

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

CommieGIR posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/

New Dirt game is out in Early Access.

Oh holy poo poo sweet. Gonna have to divide my G25 time between the GT Academy on PS3 and this now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This Ruckus belongs to a guy locally. He's fuckin nuts and takes it on the highway

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hard day at the cat factory

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Although a ruckus looks an assload of fun I can't imagine travelling more than a couple of miles on it (before being run over by some dumb oval office facebooking at 50mph)

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

Is there video of it running, do we know if the gauges even sync up?
Pretty sure the gauges and everything don't work. As nuts as the guy that built this thing is he isn't that nuts. He's holding it for me, I'll check it out Wednesday afternoon. I should be able to get it sent down on a work truck or with one of the guys I race with who does a lot of odd pickup/haul jobs. We'll see.

Looks like I shouldn't have been a lazy gently caress and let those wheel bearings in the VW sound like poo poo for so long. Hubs are hosed as well. Drop off the loaner tomorrow, ride home with my brother, he'll have to drive me to the airport and someone from the dealership will pick me up Monday when I land. Yay. VAG:argh:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Hard day at the cat factory

jelly bean toesies

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamnit. Apparently there's a well known, widespread bug in DiRT Rally that results in your co-driver not calling out pacenotes and them not appearing anywhere on the HUD. So basically every stage I try, i'm going in blind with zero clue of what's coming up. Guess i'll stick to GTA V until that gets patched :sigh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

T1g4h posted:

Goddamnit. Apparently there's a well known, widespread bug in DiRT Rally that results in your co-driver not calling out pacenotes and them not appearing anywhere on the HUD. So basically every stage I try, i'm going in blind with zero clue of what's coming up. Guess i'll stick to GTA V until that gets patched :sigh:

The James May Co-Driver DLC hasn't been very popular I guess

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Oh Cock.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Pace notes never helped me in the previous dirt games. If I had to I would take a quick glance at the minimap, but otherwise just memorized the tracks. Not that there were ever that many in those games.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo, they even have intercom failures in that game?????? I had no idea they were getting THAT realistic!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Cage posted:

Pace notes never helped me in the previous dirt games. If I had to I would take a quick glance at the minimap, but otherwise just memorized the tracks. Not that there were ever that many in those games.

There's not a minimap so much as a straight line representing your progress, so no go on that either.

Terrible Robot posted:

The James May Co-Driver DLC hasn't been very popular I guess

I would buy this in a heartbeat :allears:

Cat Terrist posted:

Holy poo poo, they even have intercom failures in that game?????? I had no idea they were getting THAT realistic!

I know you're kidding, but you'd be surprised at how real this game is compared to the previous DiRT ones. You legitimately have to hold the handbrake while the countdown is going, otherwise you can actually jump the start and get penalized for it. It's pretty neat.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Welp, I watched some videos about metal shaping on youtube... now I need to go spend money.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The Jabberwocky posted:

We got the $8 one last week at Target and set it up in the living room. I keep hitting the ceiling fan.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Ruckuschat there fun and often cost a lot before they are really fast. I myself ride an elite 80 because it cost me about 500 bucks total after owning it for six years. (not counting gas) The ruckus guys often talk about how they want an elite after they realise it does 45and can go faster with minor modification. But most non dousche ruckus riders have more money into there bike then any other hobby. To top it off they often get the bike customized to how the want then sell it six months later...For no where near what they have into it all to start again.....:doh:

In other news had an awesome interview today with a small repair shop that is actually one of the cleanest I have seen in a long long time.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I got a Mitsubishi Mirage as my rental and while I appreciate the "cheap small car" aesthetic, the loving CVT is so dismal it takes all the enjoyment out of it. Could actually be fun if it had the 5speed.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Slow is Fast posted:

jelly bean toesies

Wanna squish those bean toes, my cat hated it at first but now shes used to it. I dunno why but I love it when the pointy claw comes out. Im also kinda high.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Missed fiber chat but here's $70/mo where I'm at:

No bandwidth cap and they're working on some infrastructure upgrades which will allow for 1 Gb/s down and 200Mb/s up for $80/mo. I got lucky with this house, if I had been a subdivision to the east I would have been stuck with Comcast.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Re: Lord High Admiral von Cattington III, he doesn't care about if I mess with his toes, but absolutely DEMANDS belly and arm pit scribes :3:

And I think I did pretty drat well for myself today.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Re: Lord High Admiral von Cattington III, he doesn't care about if I mess with his toes, but absolutely DEMANDS belly and arm pit scribes :3:

And I think I did pretty drat well for myself today.

Maximus is soooooo tasty, totes jelly.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fart Pipe posted:

Maximus is soooooo tasty, totes jelly.

If you hate IPAs then Lagunitas is delcious.

Otherwise it's loving gross.

That said, my sister in law got rushed to the hospital earlier and wife was freaking out. She started turning blue, couldn't breathe and her legs wouldn't work. Pulse over 140 and BP near 200/100.

So they did x rays, cat scan, and quick blood work. I guess she'd been sick the past two days, puking and all that. She's also picky as gently caress and refuses to drink most things, so I guess she'd basically had a few cups of water and a glass of Apple juice in that span, as she hates Gatorade and no one would listen to me when I said to get pedialite or something like that.

Cause of alllllll those issues? Severe potassium defeciency and dehydration.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
poo poo, that's rough. I hope she's doing better.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Galler posted:

No bandwidth cap and they're working on some infrastructure upgrades which will allow for 1 Gb/s down and 200Mb/s up for $80/mo. I got lucky with this house, if I had been a subdivision to the east I would have been stuck with Comcast.

Ffffff I pay more than that for 20 down/2 up cable...

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So I'm at the hotel on my skillsusa thing and my contest is tomorrow. I had a whole day of basically paid for vacation.

Spent all day watching Fast N Loud and eating junk food on the schools dime.

Day well spent.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I only get the Maximus because it's a six pack of 8% for 9 bucks and I don't like wine.

That's probably a warning sign now I said that out loud.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn it's nice having a ceiling fan again. Slept with that bitch on high, it was like a drat hurricane in here. First time I've slept in my bed in a couple of months where I didn't wake up drenched in sweat.

I need to swap the bulbs for dimmable (and dimmer in general) LEDs though - it has 4 CFLs in it now, which is a bit much for a room this size (~130 sq ft). Plan to add a remote to it with a dimmer and speed control, since the ceiling box only has 14/2 in it. Don't quite know how I'll fit the receiver in the canopy though, it's tight (and requires actually dropping the entire fan, as the canopy is also the ball mount).

Galler posted:

I pay about $85 for this

And once Frontier takes over, I fully expect to lose most of the speed. :smith:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ceiling fan supremacy crew :radcat:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
This costs me $85/month. It's the fastest internet I've ever had at home.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Goddamned online HR personality tests.

"Pick the two traits that most and least matches your professional personality."

1. I don't often not take initiative to do little work.
2. Others see me as personable and aggressive.
3. I prefer quality over thoroughness.
4. Sdfgtyujhfjduygfvhj.

Christ, I swear HR consultants invent their own problems and then sell them to clueless fucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I pay $40. Its this or Comcast.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Ugh.
According to ookla, I'm at 18d/7u through cox cable for $72 a month... They're the fastest and usually cheapest in the area too :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Went ahead and yanked the CFLs, tossed a couple of spare LEDs into it. Much more tolerable.

Also, uh, I think I got my money's worth out of these CFLs... :stare:

That's the worst of them, but 2 others were almost as bad (the 4th was replaced a couple of years ago).

That bulb (and 2 others) are over 10 years old, with hours and hours of use per day. :stonk: They still work fine, just take a minute to reach full brightness now. Home Depot store brand (Commercial Electric).

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Internet speedchat:

This cost $66/month (including tax) here in Canada. Because our telco market is worse than anywhere else in the world save Mexico.

Oh I should also mention that it's 250 GB/month as well. If I want unlimited data, that's another $31/month because I'm not a TV customer.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Don't get me started. I pay $30 a month for this poo poo ADSL. It used to be nominally 20/2, but then something hosed up, and I went through six hours of hold music and three modems until I screamed enough bloody murder, and landed on a 12/2 I believe, which at least is stable. The hilariously tragic part is that I live in a condo building built in loving 2006, so the cost of running cat5 would have been but a rounding error, but nooooo.

There is an alternative, which is internet over cable, with our hilarously totally-not-a-monopoly-anymore national telco. Thing is, for some unknown arcane reason they can sell you TV but no internet, but not the other way around. Yeah, not going to shell out a $35 monthly fee just for the luxury of being able to shell out more money for your service. They do offer 100/20, 300/60 available soon, though, but at that point we're talking well over $100 a month, and I don't need fast internet that badly.

I'm on the HOA board (think good HOA, not gestapo US HOA) so I looked into getting some proper internet. Brokered a deal with a company that would pull fiber to every condo for free, all we needed was a 30% sign up rate. I'm not sure we got that, because the company turned out to be super incompetent, so when people phoned in to sign up, the call center dumbfuck on the other end looked our address up on their system and told the clueless condo owner: "No, sir, regrettably we can't offer you our products as your building isn't cabled yet. Good day and goodbye." So after two months of that, and multiple warnings, I fired them.

I'm looking into another company that'll run cat6, but they're super successful and as such impossible to set up an appointment with.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

bolind posted:

Goddamned online HR personality tests.

"Pick the two traits that most and least matches your professional personality."

1. I don't often not take initiative to do little work.
2. Others see me as personable and aggressive.
3. I prefer quality over thoroughness.
4. Sdfgtyujhfjduygfvhj.

Christ, I swear HR consultants invent their own problems and then sell them to clueless fucks.

Those are the dumbest loving questions. Can you refuse to answer on the grounds that you aren't a moron?

Also:

Cox cable, $50/mo. More than sufficient for my needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I only get the Maximus because it's a six pack of 8% for 9 bucks and I don't like wine.

That's probably a warning sign now I said that out loud.

Well at least it's not just me. I just get Stone instead.

Or I'll buy a 22oz of 9%+ and a three pack of tall boys of whatever.

Yeah that probably does mean it's a problem, eh

Edit: I just pulled 7mb/s down and 16mb/s up over WiFi on my phone through 4 walls and a floor from my router, with one bar of signal. Yay fios.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 28, 2015

• Locked thread