Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

jhcain posted:

Bad crankshaft position sensor - left it for 4 days parked under a tree in our dog sitter's driveway until we returned from our weekend away. In Atlanta, in the spring. Filthy. Fixed now, and washed!

Look at 1/850th of -V wagon representation right here! Didn't know anyone else on here had one. What year is yours? Anything done to it?

(Btw I have been lucky to avoid the flatbed so far with mine.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.
My CTS-V Wagon has had a steady diet of premium fuel and tires since I got it in 2011. Needs a new front "splitter" thing - an errant bit of truck tire cracked one side. Other than that, I'm waiting for the new '16 models to consider a change. I did see an AMG wagon the other day, which is about the only other option. Decisions!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it's fuckin near may, this is bullshit.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

jhcain posted:

My CTS-V Wagon has had a steady diet of premium fuel and tires since I got it in 2011. Needs a new front "splitter" thing - an errant bit of truck tire cracked one side. Other than that, I'm waiting for the new '16 models to consider a change. I did see an AMG wagon the other day, which is about the only other option. Decisions!

There's an E63 wagon for sale around here that is mighty tempting at times, but I'm scared about post-warranty costs (it's a 2012) :ohdear:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

The E63 AMG-S model wagons (2014+, AWD) are bonkers. I wouldn't mind one at all someday. Hopefully alongside the V. :)

Jhcain: the '16 models will be about as quick stock as $5k into your wagon would be. No wagons in the next generation either.

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Tremek posted:

The E63 AMG-S model wagons (2014+, AWD) are bonkers. I wouldn't mind one at all someday. Hopefully alongside the V. :)

Jhcain: the '16 models will be about as quick stock as $5k into your wagon would be. No wagons in the next generation either.

Yeah, luckily I like sedans as well. The wagon is about out of warranty - I've always driven American cars (well, mostly) but I don't trust them THAT much. I'll have to scope out the new V sedan, just because. The cue system better be different / improved over what I've seen in ATS loaners - it drives me bats. The utility of the wagon is pretty compelling - the only similar "useful" options are the aforementioned AMG wagon, or... Tesla. Those things have a LOT of space in the back.

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004
Long time lurker, recently got a new car. Soon I hope to use every inch of that usable space.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Hell froze over and I sold my GTI on craigslist for asking price, which has allowed me to get the car I've been lusting after for 5 years. Previous owner modded it with almost everything short of a supercharger (intake, exhaust, tune, etc) and it is loud as gently caress. Love it.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

willroc7 posted:

Hell froze over and I sold my GTI on craigslist for asking price, which has allowed me to get the car I've been lusting after for 5 years. Previous owner modded it with almost everything short of a supercharger (intake, exhaust, tune, etc) and it is loud as gently caress. Love it.

I like sloppy timing chains and I cannot lie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I like sloppy timing chains and I cannot lie.

I was suppressing making a similar comment. :ohdear:

Awesome car, and those Audi V8s sound absolutely wicked. I'd just never have one due to the continual fingers-crossed about the timing chain.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Oh I'm well aware of all the timing guide business. This one at least should have the "updated" B7 components, is low mileage (38k), and has a carmax warranty to 100k. It also doesn't have a lick of startup rattle, cold or otherwise. That said, I still say a small prayer to the vag gods every time I start it up.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

willroc7 posted:

That is a drat fine looking automobile. I like that it still looks all white collar on the outside but you can tell from the wide-set wheels that it has a blue-collar body underneath that crisp suit and tie. I'd love to hear it if you can get some audio.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Modus Man posted:

That is a drat fine looking automobile. I like that it still looks all white collar on the outside but you can tell from the wide-set wheels that it has a blue-collar body underneath that crisp suit and tie. I'd love to hear it if you can get some audio.
This is all I have on hand. I'll have to find a good tunnel nearby to make a proper clip because, my god, the sound.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
And now for something completely different

:science:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Conartist posted:

Long time lurker, recently got a new car. Soon I hope to use every inch of that usable space.

This might be the first Fit I've ever seen that wasn't in :krad: beach colors.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

willroc7 posted:

Oh I'm well aware of all the timing guide business. This one at least should have the "updated" B7 components, is low mileage (38k), and has a carmax warranty to 100k. It also doesn't have a lick of startup rattle, cold or otherwise. That said, I still say a small prayer to the vag gods every time I start it up.

Can you please at least put the proper badge on the front? Otherwise, sharp car! Take car of her and she will take car of you, if ya know what I mean fellas.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Can you please at least put the proper badge on the front? Otherwise, sharp car! Take car of her and she will take car of you, if ya know what I mean fellas.
What's wrong with the badge? I like it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

willroc7 posted:

I still say a small prayer to the vag gods

:dong:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

willroc7 posted:

What's wrong with the badge? I like it.

It's an early S4 badge, found on anything older than a 2000 (and harkens back to the Ur S cars). Really doesn't match the "newness' of a B7.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

GramCracker posted:

It's an early S4 badge, found on anything older than a 2000 (and harkens back to the Ur S cars). Really doesn't match the "newness' of a B7.
I like it as a nod to the history of the car. Plus it's shiny. But you are entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

willroc7 posted:

I like it as a nod to the history of the car. Plus it's shiny. But you are entitled to your opinion, wrong as it may be.

Cool, man. Whatever helps you sleep at night :thumbsup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sorry sir but that is not the proper badge for your car.

GramCracker posted:

I currently drive a 2001 Audi S4 which sports a few modifications.

GramCracker posted:

Finally got some free time and decided to take a picture.

Oh and gently caress you DogDodger, I'm insanely jealous of your TT RS.

GramCracker posted:

Im not trying to be a butt but what are those badges on the front of both of your previous 2000+ audis? I dont know what other types of badges audis have, but it looks like you're doing what you're telling this guy not to be doing. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh-oh time for a good old fashion

BADGE-OFF!

LOSER HAS TO PUT A "TIMBO" BADGE ON THEIR CAR!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Replace it with a ///M badge to really wind him up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ether Frenzy posted:

:laugh:

Note: as a previous owner of several Audis, including a '92 S4, where that badge originated, I noticed nothing wrong with the badge, even after GramCracker called it out.

And I've been outed as a pedant on this very forum. So, there.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender
We still doing cars on tow trucks?

My 335is after a piece of truck tire flew into the bumper and made new exit holes in the oil cooler.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cage posted:

Sorry sir but that is not the proper badge for your car.

Im not trying to be a butt but what are those badges on the front of both of your previous 2000+ audis? I dont know what other types of badges audis have, but it looks like you're doing what you're telling this guy not to be doing. :colbert:

The silver car that you first quoted is actually 2000 MY car, despite what my old rear end post says (silly younger me), thus explaining the UrS-esque badge. The second car, my Cactus Avant, was a 2001 and has the "updated" badging. Thanks for taking the time to go through all my posts.

Here's my more recent Avant, care to let me know if my badging is appropriate or not?

(hint: it is accurate)

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 28, 2015

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rhyno posted:

BADGE-OFF!

LOSER HAS TO PUT A "TIMBO" BADGE ON THEIR CAR!

Gimme a link, I'll order one right now to mail to willroc7.

meatpimp posted:

:laugh:

Note: as a previous owner of several Audis, including a '92 S4, where that badge originated, I noticed nothing wrong with the badge, even after GramCracker called it out.

And I've been outed as a pedant on this very forum. So, there.

Clearly I'm way too much of an OEM/OEM+ stickler.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Why I oughta :corsair:

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 28, 2015

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
It'd be more appropriate to stick a VW badge on it. Along with a bunch of $ signs to indicate how much extra you paid for your rebadged VW. :colbert:

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I'm sorry can you direct me to the AWD V8 manual VW please? HCC as usual being awful.

PS nice car, willroc7. Glad you're enjoying it and it sounds like you went into it with eyes open.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tremek posted:

I'm sorry can you direct me to the AWD V8 manual VW please? HCC as usual being awful.

PS nice car, willroc7. Glad you're enjoying it and it sounds like you went into it with eyes open.

They actually did sell a W8, 4Motion, 6 speed manual Passat for a few years (I had no idea this car existed until one showed up at work the other day). I know the maintenance costs would bury me but oh man I kinda want one just to hear it uncorked.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Terrible Robot posted:

They actually did sell a W8, 4Motion, 6 speed manual Passat for a few years. I know the maintenance costs would bury me but oh man I kinda want one just to hear it uncorked.

At least this isn't W8 nor does it sound like one. All good things.

Although Doug DeMuro sure isn't a fan, ouch.

Edit: morbid curiosity piqued - TerribleRobot, be our guinea pig.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 28, 2015

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

GramCracker posted:

Clearly I'm way too much of an OEM/OEM+ stickler.

I'm with GramCracker on this. The old style Audi S badge looks odd on that B7. Out of place.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Terrible Robot posted:

They actually did sell a W8, 4Motion, 6 speed manual Passat for a few years. I know the maintenance costs would bury me but oh man I kinda want one just to hear it uncorked.

If you give up the manual, there's also the Phaeton. Also available with a W12. Of course nobody bought them because people aren't willing to pay $60,000+ for a VW unless they slap four rings on the grille.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tremek posted:

Edit: morbid curiosity piqued - TerribleRobot, be our guinea pig.

Sure, you pay for the car and the maintenance, I'll cover fuel and oil changes :v:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Terrible Robot posted:

They actually did sell a W8, 4Motion, 6 speed manual Passat for a few years (I had no idea this car existed until one showed up at work the other day). I know the maintenance costs would bury me but oh man I kinda want one just to hear it uncorked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDhtSYLRyE

They sound GLORIOUS

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

GramCracker posted:

The silver car that you first quoted is actually 2000 MY car, despite what my old rear end post says (silly younger me), thus explaining the UrS-esque badge. The second car, my Cactus Avant, was a 2001 and has the "updated" badging. Thanks for taking the time to go through all my posts.

Here's my more recent Avant, care to let me know if my badging is appropriate or not?

(hint: it is accurate)
No one cares about badges. I want to see more pictures of willroc7s Audi, not hear about your badge code of honor.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 28, 2015

Ace944
Jan 28, 2009
Picked up a 2013 Ford Focus ST and loving it so far.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Badges...? Badges...? We don't need no stinkin' BADGES!

Got it to pass inspection (new muffler, new donut gasket) and hard parked it on the dirt embankment beside my driveway. It gets stuck on silly little 6" rocks I would never consider a threat in an XJ/MJ, this will take some getting used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Do you live in a cave/possibly ranger tower?