Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

WHAT IF THIS WAS HAPPENING IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD? *hand slowly drifts down to cock as eyes shift towards 12g by the front door*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Radbot posted:

ITT a lot of idiots that I'm sure also care deeply about shoplifting and other retail shrink issues. Can't abide a store losing a few cases of Whatchamacallits, no sir.

its a mile from my house dude, i think its fair to be upset about this happening to my community

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Radbot posted:

Guys I really, REALLY care about that 7-11 now being unable to hit its revenue forecast :(

Am I allowed to care about the minimum wage employees who are going to lose a couple of weeks pay they can't afford?

Please, hivemind, tell me what to think!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I'm unbelievably tired of white Redditor shut-ins whining about 'why can't protestors be peaceful like MLK.'

It takes a lot of balls to say that like you would have been on MLK's side. 50 years ago he warned about the exact situation that is happening right now. Institutionalized poverty and racism leads to people feeling helpless impotent rage leads to riots. You don't agree with it now so I doubt you would have back then. I guarantee if we somehow got transported back to the 60s you'd be whining about MLK the communist agitator.

Sometimes I think the worst consequence of MLK getting shot was that it let white people warp his legacy into a bland whitewashed inoffensive symbol to bludgeon modern day black people with. Black people fighting for the same things MLK was, even!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kanish posted:

its a mile from my house dude, i think its fair to be upset about this happening to my community

If you're just now getting upset, you haven't been paying attention to the things that should've made you upset.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Toshimo posted:

Am I allowed to care about the minimum wage employees who are going to lose a couple of weeks pay they can't afford?

Please, hivemind, tell me what to think!

No, because it will be covered by unemployment, just like any other store unexpectedly closing (no one gives a gently caress about those though for some reason)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Radbot posted:

No because it will be covered by unemployment.

Ah ha ha ha.

Good one, whitey.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Toshimo posted:

Ah ha ha ha.

Good one, whitey.

*fart*

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

mdemone posted:

If you're just now getting upset, you haven't been paying attention to the things that should've made you upset.

Being upset about my local area being destroyed and the actions of the BPD are not mutually exclusive

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I like how the new edgy thing to do is support looters.

I also love the insane amount of "white redditor" strawmen. This thread :allears:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Knifegrab posted:

I like how the new edgy thing to do is support looters.

They're not looters, they're "undocumented shoppers".

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

i, too, am more concerned with the integrity of the junk food store than the mysterious death of a man in police custody

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i, too, am more concerned with the integrity of the junk food store than the mysterious death of a man in police custody

Friendly reminder guys, you can only ever be upset at one thing at a time.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kanish posted:

How many fucks did you give about this community when they were being murdered by cops?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Knifegrab posted:

Friendly reminder guys, you can only ever be upset at one thing at a time.

Exactly, why be upset about the dead man when you could be upset about the 7-11 losing inventory

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
But you don't.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
look, you can protest about your "police brutality" :rolleyes: all you want, but if some other people decide to use this event as an opportunity to violate the sacred integrity of my morning cruller then you have crossed a LINE in the SAND and i will never respect you, or your beliefs

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Holy poo poo. Some of the local news feeds are insane. :stare:

Watching it now, and about thirty people tried to break into a cash checking shop awhile back. Thirty people somehow managed to pile through the doors all at once. Setting aside how crazy it was to see them swarm the place about ten seconds later they all promptly did an about face and sprinted out into the streets to get away from whatever was inside. Apparently some of these places have armed guards? Not surprised a shop like that might have one.

Also, what the gently caress people. This looting isn't helping the protests at all. This is bad. It's going to be used as justification for why the police officer was justified, why justice shouldn't be done, etc, etc. The family asked people not to do this poo poo in fact. In fact, I believe they explicitly asked for this poo poo not to happen today. From the perspective of people wanting to see justice done this is a PR nightmare.

At least there are a bunch of groups on the streets trying to calm things down. One of the feeds had folks forming a human wall to block these assholes from getting inside a store. That's pretty inspiring, despite all the other horrible poo poo happening down there at the moment.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 27, 2015

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Oh I get it, these posters are Poe's. Sorry guys, I am new to D&D.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

How many fucks did you give about this community when they were being murdered by cops?

Im not sure what this means? Are you suggesting I am pro-police brutality and non-transparency?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nobody ever cares about the downtrodden until they force you to pay attention to them.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
a lot of people seem to know exactly what you have to do to prevent riots from happening, but they're not sharing with the class

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Effectronica posted:

a lot of people seem to know exactly what you have to do to prevent riots from happening, but they're not sharing with the class

Give out free cigarillos.

You're welcome.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Effectronica posted:

Well, I've learned today that too many cops provokes the mob into a riot. And if there aren't enough cops, the mob will riot because nothing is holding them back. It's whitey's fault either way :shrug:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Archonex posted:

Also, what the gently caress people. This looting isn't helping the protesters at all. This is bad. It's going to be used as justification for why the police officer was justified, why justice shouldn't be done, etc, etc. The family asked people not to do this poo poo in fact.

yeah it is really odd that people would be talking about looting during a larger event protesting police brutality and the murder of citizens without accountability or punishment

it's almost like the people who are concerned about looting are looking for some kind of distraction or something so that they don't have to think about the idea that the police regularly injure and kill american citizens for little or no justification

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

yeah it is really odd that people would be talking about looting during a larger event protesting police brutality and the murder of citizens without accountability or punishment

it's almost like the people who are concerned about looting are looking for some kind of distraction or something so that they don't have to think about the idea that the police regularly injure and kill american citizens for little or no justification

You are trying way too hard.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Well, I've learned today that too many cops provokes the mob into a riot. And if there aren't enough cops, the mob will riot because nothing is holding them back. It's whitey's fault either way :shrug:

Well have they tried being less white?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Knifegrab posted:

Give out free cigarillos.

You're welcome.

gbs has its own tviv thread for this. i banish thee back to it.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Radbot posted:

ITT a lot of idiots that I'm sure also care deeply about shoplifting and other retail shrink issues. Can't abide a store losing a few cases of Whatchamacallits, no sir.

ITT thread a lot of police reform advocates who are scandalized by the fact people are conflating protesters with rioters while in the same breath conflating rioters with protesters as a means of supporting rioting and looting.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Welp from the facebook post of my local deli

"Cafe has been destroyed. Deli. Is next. Thanks baltimore"

About the store: Since 1908, Trinacria has brought the best of Italy to the city of Baltimore. For three generations our family has welcomed customers to our shop for a taste of old world quality and customer service. We're certain that our generous sandwiches, fine deli meats and cheeses, fresh breads, and gourmet groceries all at our trademark low prices - will keep you coming back for more.

Ha, cant believe Id be upset about a mom and pop store being destroyed!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kanish posted:

Im not sure what this means? Are you suggesting I am pro-police brutality and non-transparency?

it is not exactly a mystery that the bulk of your posts in a thread about police brutality focus on the destruction of a convenience store

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

it is not exactly a mystery that the bulk of your posts in a thread about police brutality focus on the destruction of a convenience store

Its probably because he only started posting in this thread when looting started.

Which doesn't at all actually play to your attempt here by the way.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kanish posted:

Well this thread has been talking about the death of that guy in police custody ever since it happened, so for someone who is oh-so-concerned about it, funny your first post was

Kanish posted:

Nope they are still killing each other at a decent rate.

But I guess I can't get over the irony of BGF Bloods and Crips uniting over the killing of poor black men

How can blacks protest the killing of a black man when other blacks too have killed black men :chord::fh:

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Kanish posted:

About the store: Since 1908, Trinacria has brought the best of Italy to the city of Baltimore. For three generations our family has welcomed customers to our shop for a taste of old world quality and customer service. We're certain that our generous sandwiches, fine deli meats and cheeses, fresh breads, and gourmet groceries all at our trademark low prices - will keep you coming back for more.

Like a business seriously doesn't have insurance. C'mon man.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Knifegrab posted:

Its probably because he only started posting in this thread when looting started.

please stop quoting me

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Kanish posted:

That kind of talk will get you accused of not caring about police brutality by the self-righteousness brigade :colbert:

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

Violence and destruction are bad. Agree or disagree?

please stop quoting me
lol

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

Like a business seriously doesn't have insurance. C'mon man.

Yeah at the end of the day these looters are doing everyone a favor!

please stop quoting me

I'm sorry you cannot back up your arguments.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pacmania90 posted:

Violence and destruction are bad. Agree or disagree?

i'm more concerned with the lives and bodily integrity of american citizens than i am with the balance sheet at the wawa, agree or disagree?

e: black american citizens, in case that will change your answer

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

You'd think people concerned for the community would be mad at a local government that abused and mistreated the populace to the point of a total breakdown in law and order, but hunh, nope...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

i'm more concerned with the lives and bodily integrity of american citizens than i am with the balance sheet at the wawa, agree or disagree?

e: black american citizens, in case that will change your answer

Reminder: In the lives versus livelihood debate, it is like thunderdome. Two cares enter, one care leaves.

• Locked thread