Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

spookygonk posted:

Seriously, I thought it was a photo of broken your skateboard deck.

Also bought a new battery for my Nexus 4, going to try and install it myself.

Let me know how well that goes. I need to buy and replace the screen on mine, wanna know how difficult it'll be to tear this thing apart and put it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This son of a bitch, which has an unhappy ending:

A Sentey Brio 5200mAh portable charger, I bought it to replace a larger-capacity charger whose size and heaviness was more cumbersome than I'd like. By comparison, I love the smaller dimensions and relative lightweight quality of this one.

The problem is that, either by defect or design oddity (male into-device plugs wobble significantly, and don't really lock-in), the thing does not charge things consistently. Sometimes, it'll do it fine. Other times, it takes a bit of finagling to begin charging. Other times, I can watch it charge something for a minute before disconnecting, then reconnect again. I've tried multiple charging cords, so I know it's the device.

Really annoying, because like I said, it's a well-sized portable battery that I bought and initially used with great excitement.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

This son of a bitch, which has an unhappy ending:

A Sentey Brio 5200mAh portable charger, I bought it to replace a larger-capacity charger whose size and heaviness was more cumbersome than I'd like. By comparison, I love the smaller dimensions and relative lightweight quality of this one.

The problem is that, either by defect or design oddity (male into-device plugs wobble significantly, and don't really lock-in), the thing does not charge things consistently. Sometimes, it'll do it fine. Other times, it takes a bit of finagling to begin charging. Other times, I can watch it charge something for a minute before disconnecting, then reconnect again. I've tried multiple charging cords, so I know it's the device.

Really annoying, because like I said, it's a well-sized portable battery that I bought and initially used with great excitement.

I bought this the other day and I love it.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EF1OGOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The led coming on when it is shaken will only reduce the battery life by 1% for every 1000 hours or something crazy like that, so there is no worry. It's smaller than a glasses case and only weighs as much as a small paperback book. (these were my only concerns so that's why I brought it up.

I apologize if this link is a referral, I'm not sure how to fix that or turn it off or even check if it is.

EDIT: It also looks like it's the same size as the one you linked a photo of.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
Seconding Anker Astro batteries. My wife has that one and not only does it have the capacity to charge most phones 2-3x between charges, it does it drat fast too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

My back is all hosed up, so I decided it was time for a new bed. Ordered these:

Comforpedic "Balanced Days" Queen memory foam mattress:

Serta Motion Essentials II Adjustable foundation:

Bedgear Stomach Sleeper position pillow:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My back is all hosed up, so I decided it was time for a new bed. Ordered these:

Comforpedic "Balanced Days" Queen memory foam mattress:

Serta Motion Essentials II Adjustable foundation:

Bedgear Stomach Sleeper position pillow:

I feel like sleeping on your stomach with a foundation like that won't be doing your back any favors

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Glottis posted:

I feel like sleeping on your stomach with a foundation like that won't be doing your back any favors

Unless he's got the adjustable angled he'll be just fine with that, assuming that's not a total garbage mattress.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
For 2 grand it damned well better not be.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Glottis posted:

Sleep on it the opposite way around.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Sleep on it the opposite way around.

With the bed on top? That will never work.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Casu Marzu posted:

Huh, did Saint Pepsi change names?

I love this song though, and that is a pretty great lineup.

Yeah he was approached by lawyers apparently and had to drop 'Pepsi'.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

I can't keep any food down so I gotta get calories somehow. Plus, it has electrolytes! It's what plants want!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tentawesome posted:

I can't keep any food down so I gotta get calories somehow. Plus, it has electrolytes! It's what plants want!
Gastro? don't forget BRAT: bananas, rice, applesauce and plain toast when you can keep a bit of food down in 24hrs

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

bowmore posted:

Gastro? don't forget BRAT: bananas, rice, applesauce and plain toast when you can keep a bit of food down in 24hrs

Yeah, I tried to do BRAT for about 12 hours before I caved and went to the doctor.

So I guess we can put an out-of-network urgent care visit as something else I have also purchased recently.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Got 4 of those things :

Continental contipro contact. I'm hoping they'll do a good enough job in the wet

Living in Quebec means you spend so much money on car poo poo. I envy people who only need 1 set of tires and don't have to treat their car every year so it doesn't rust away in record time.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
My girlfriend's birthday is coming up. Hopefully she won't choose this week to start reading the forums.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

tentawesome posted:

Pedialyte? Popsicles work amazingly well for gut probs. I keep a couple boxes in my freezer cause I get stomach viruses fairly often. Baby dept at Walmart or whatever supermarket you have.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I can just about make that out

Why is a penis spraying water over a tobacco addicted vagina?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because you have some serious repressed memories from that time you had a nightmare and wanted to sleep in your mom's bed.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Bought my first official show canopy as well as pole weights. I figure if I do more than four outdoor shows a year, then I can invest in the serious hardware.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Why is a penis spraying water over a tobacco addicted vagina?

Please don't kinkshame, TIA.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

queserasera posted:

Bought my first official show canopy as well as pole weights. I figure if I do more than four outdoor shows a year, then I can invest in the serious hardware.

Buy the walls, they are ok for rain without walls, but do next to nothing for sun without them.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Garrett Ace 150 metal detector, because my dad want's to try it (and so do I).

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_ace_150_main_en.aspx

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A new smart watch came out, which means I had to buy it. I can't not buy it.

LG Watch Urbane

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Reverse Centaur posted:

LG Watch Urbane

I'm opposed to smart watches, but that's probably the least offensive looking one. Way better than the iWatch.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm opposed to smart watches, but that's probably the least offensive looking one. Way better than the iWatch.

1615 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your solid metal time teller!"
1915 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your mechanical time teller!"
1995 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your digital time teller"
2005 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your computer time teller"
2015 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your computer digital time teller"
3015 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your computer mechanical time teller!"
4015 - "What Time is It?" "I don't know, get out your computer solid metal time teller!"
5015 - What Time is It?" "We are beings of infinite energy, our iPhones no longer tell time."

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Was gonna say the same thing, first smartwatch I've seen that doesn't look like a 21st century version of the casio data bank

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Drogadon posted:

Was gonna say the same thing, first smartwatch I've seen that doesn't look like a 21st century version of the casio data bank

Hey, c'mon now, the databank is way cooler.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I bought these things to do some maintenance work on my 325i. After this I will still need to do a brake job and then also probably a cooling system service (water pump and related hoses).

Oil filter housing gasket

Fuel filter

ATF service kit with gasket and filter

Oil service kit with gaskets and filter

Oil drain pan

Plug multi-tool for opening drain plugs

Fluid transfer pump

Torque wrench

Two additional jack stands

Radiator fan wrench and water pump pulley holder

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

Its motorcycle season again. My vest is getting closer to completion. :toot:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Agreed. The only thing that can make it better is if at some point in time, someone makes a face for it that looks like this:

Not all the time, mind you...just every now and then.

Just kidding, all the time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

DrBouvenstein posted:

Agreed. The only thing that can make it better is if at some point in time, someone makes a face for it that looks like this:

Not all the time, mind you...just every now and then.

Just kidding, all the time.

It's Android Wear so there is a Timesplitters face already. Here it is on my current watch (not my photo):

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Buy the walls, they are ok for rain without walls, but do next to nothing for sun without them.

I've experienced enough sideways rain on camping trips. Walls it is. (Should I get extra weights for the walls when they're down? I have 32LB weights for each leg.)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

queserasera posted:

I've experienced enough sideways rain on camping trips. Walls it is. (Should I get extra weights for the walls when they're down? I have 32LB weights for each leg.)

No they should be fine. But if the winds get up tear everything down asap.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

spent some more money today. :homebrew:

Reverse Centaur posted:

LG Watch Urbane

I too just bought a watch. well, sort of... I backed a project on kickstarter so I won't get the watch until summer.

I also ordered a new TV for the bedroom, a 40" Sharp Aquos 1080p LED Smart TV from Dell for $350, and it comes with a free $100 dell gift card. :snoop:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Why the gently caress would you need a 40" TV for the bedroom?

I just got a bottle of Riesling, and it's delicious.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

CaseFace McGee posted:

I got a 36" to mount in the corner and it's perfect. TV prices are insane these days.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CaseFace McGee posted:

I have a 42" mounted to my bedroom wall because I am all that is wrong with America.

Also I got married and we both had tvs so.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ticket to see Escape from NY at the Alamo Drafthouse in 2 weeks. Very psyched, this is one of my favorite Carpenter flicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

CaseFace McGee posted:

because it was cheap so why the hell not. also planning to use it as a monitor for my desktop on occasion.