Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Hah! Ragnarok is a clone of Civil War-era Thor, and his combat values are identical to the Thor from Hammer of Thor.

I pulled a Sloth in the brick that I won last night, and so I've been looking into assembling team Laying Down. So far, it is sitting at:

Sloth
Sloth relic
Sleepwalker
Beast Boy (cheetah)

275 points

I'm having a tough time coming up with anyone else who could qualify. MAYBE HoT Volstagg, since he has a rock troll laying down under his boot, but that doesn't really work. Can anyone else think of somebody that is in full repose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Pictures of the cities

http://imgur.com/lMyadGU
http://imgur.com/nXEgJbf

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
So, I've been looking into selling my heroclix stuff. Do you guys know the best way to go about it? I've got a few chases and other ultra-rares like sentry and void, superboy prime, ect. They just take up a whole lot of room and my friends and I are pretty done with the game.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Valliantstu posted:

So, I've been looking into selling my heroclix stuff. Do you guys know the best way to go about it? I've got a few chases and other ultra-rares like sentry and void, superboy prime, ect. They just take up a whole lot of room and my friends and I are pretty done with the game.

Do you have a list?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just sold a poo poo load to trollandtoad. They were giving pretty decent prices on stuff and I ended up selling about $1,500 in stuff to them. I thought it was easier/quicker doing it that way then listing everything on Ebay. I did list some on ebay, which were the con exclusive/promotional stuff I had and some entities. Also some of the more valuable stuff you should just list that way. It really all depends on how much you have and how much time you want to spend on it. Quicker, less return will be buylists. More work, more profit will be Ebay. You could also try Amazon.com marketplace and list stuff there.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ohhhhhh, okay - I think I assumed they were 3-D objects for some reason.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Previews from the Canadian Nationals

http://m.imgur.com/a/IzZkT

Holy poo poo that King Thor

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Morand posted:

Yea, that's pretty awesome. His attack ability doesn't allow him to chain attacks until the target is dead, does it? The second attack is made as a free action, so is it an attack or is it considered a free action? Sometimes Heroclix confuses me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That Loki as well. Jeez. Take it that King Thor is a prize figure or chase though right?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ShowTime posted:

Yea, that's pretty awesome. His attack ability doesn't allow him to chain attacks until the target is dead, does it? The second attack is made as a free action, so is it an attack or is it considered a free action? Sometimes Heroclix confuses me.

I interpreted it as a free action, which makes him limited to the initial attack and then the free one. Would be busted beyond belief if he could chain as long as he was three over the DV on dice rolls. However, I'm by no means a rules guru, and Wizkids has been known to print ridiculous things before.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

I interpreted it as a free action, which makes him limited to the initial attack and then the free one. Would be busted beyond belief if he could chain as long as he was three over the DV on dice rolls. However, I'm by no means a rules guru, and Wizkids has been known to print ridiculous things before.

Thats what I thought too, because I thought a cardinal rule was that if the game allows other actions to be done as a free action, then the game interprets it as a free action. I'm not sure though.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

You can (or, should be able to) chain it. The power is worded "EACH TIME King Thor makes an ATTACK...", it does not mention actions whatsoever. Outside of the free action being granted.

And yes, it's a Chase. Man, despite having essentially quit, I want that King Thor. And Loki too, but that Raw Asgardian POWER of King Thor...

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You're right, Volfogg. He can chain attacks with I'll Show You the Meaning of True Power. Normally he'd be limited to once because of the rule about free actions, but the power's wording overrides it because it says "each time."

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Y'all are missing the best thing about this weekend's previews: Korvac has the Badoon keyword. My little green lizards finally have the powerhouse tentpole they desperately needed :dance:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

That's a pretty great Loki. He looks like he's going to be pretty hard to actually hit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Deadpool sold out fairly quickly, and boosters seem hard to come by - they've been $14-16 online.

They just went up at $12.88 on Amazon, with free shipping (9 left): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KB4XU9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Abyss and Ex Nihilo have been previewed, and unless I'm missing something, they're both terrible.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
They semed like they could be useful, and then I saw the point values. And then I saw the dial construction. Outside of some sort of crazy gimmick build or throwing a hammer on them, I can't think of when I'd want to play them. Maybe they have complementary pieces in the set? But even then, with those point costs- I could be using something way more efficient that's more effective.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Deadpool sold out fairly quickly, and boosters seem hard to come by - they've been $14-16 online.

They just went up at $12.88 on Amazon, with free shipping (9 left): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KB4XU9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're $15.46 right now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

They're $15.46 right now.

I grabbed one for $12.88. I wonder what makes the price jump ~$3?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Red posted:

I grabbed one for $12.88. I wonder what makes the price jump ~$3?

Probably realizing that MSRP is below "market value" on Deadpool specifically. In other words, "mark it up because we can".

Or, something like that. Who really knows?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Thursday the 30th it's 600 Point Silver. DC only. No resources/Teambases

I really want to run my Brainiac Ship, so I built this:

Brainiac Ship - 200
City Dial - 25
Captain Cold - 100
SLOSH Lex - 150
Bizarro - 25
SLOSH FF Giganta - 100

Not sold on the team but I honestly rarely am on the first draft.

I need lots of turns to pick up cities which I hope Captain Cold can give me with his ice blocks. Lex is there as an attacker and to provide outwit and PC. Giganta and Bizarro as effective point fillers.

I'd probably be better off playing that ship at 100 and adding another figure, but it's going to have a giant target on it as is and I'd like to try to help it survive.

I redid the above team slightly. Dropped Giganta for 90 point TW Sinestro and the Society ATA on captain cold. I thought about dropping a ring for someone to pick up but don't think I can spare the actions. Was looking at orange for the ship though.

Thoughts?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
TW Sinestro is terrible, what are you doing?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I want to passively gently caress over quintessence. If he's next to lex he has a 20-21 at range.

It's him or Giganta and I thought the added range might be more useful

edit:

Hey Immortus is up!

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Immortus-058.jpg

Once per game you get to clear everyone less then him which is neat plus he fucks over prob control. Less neat is starting with a 17 with Senses.

Morand fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 29, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I want to passively gently caress over quintessence. If he's next to lex he has a 20-21 at range.

edit:

Hey Immortus is up!

Once per game you get to clear everyone less then him which is neat plus he fucks over prob control. Less neat is starting with a 17 with Senses.

:stare: Council of Kangs? That could be amazing, depending what they give us.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

CapnAndy posted:

What's the rationale here? He strikes me as pretty useful (though the 90pt dial is really expensive per click). Is it the defense stats?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

zgrowler2 posted:

What's the rationale here? He strikes me as pretty useful (though the 90pt dial is really expensive per click). Is it the defense stats?

Low attack and defense are likely what Andy dislikes. He's very easily oneshot

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Low attack and defense are likely what Andy dislikes. He's very easily oneshot
That, and also you get really terrible value for the points because of (I guess) everything that went into his Quintessence-screwing-over powers. So hey, if you see a Quintessence team, Sinestro's totally worth it. But you won't, because the team ability is rare as hell, and odds are you'll see one figure, max, that has it. He's a silver bullet you pretty much never need and can't justify his points if his niche doesn't come up.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Immortus is pretty dope; it's a pipe dream but I'm hoping some upcoming Kang can retroactively add Council of Kangs to previously released Kangs. I love Kang teams.

Why is the AoU starter selling so hard? Sold out online everywhere except Amazon for a ridiculous $40, and no local shops have any in stock. I hate when I forget to preorder things :(

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Why is the AoU starter selling so hard? Sold out online everywhere except Amazon for a ridiculous $40, and no local shops have any in stock. I hate when I forget to preorder things :(

In my area, it's primarily been because of the Captain America. His 6-range punch is something a lot of people are seeing potential shenanigans with.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

QUAKE: Give this character a close combat action; this character’s damage value becomes 2 and is locked. Make a close combat attack that targets all opposing characters this character can attack with a close combat attack. Each hit character is knocked back 2 squares.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Morand posted:

edit:

Hey Immortus is up!

For powers like his that he gets to use Outwit, Probability Control, and Shape Change, is that all in one round, or does he have to choose one? Asking this because I was a little confused on the Scarecrow character earlier today. Says he can use Incapacitate, Mind Control, and Poison. All at once? That seems like a little much.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Grem posted:

For powers like his that he gets to use Outwit, Probability Control, and Shape Change, is that all in one round, or does he have to choose one? Asking this because I was a little confused on the Scarecrow character earlier today. Says he can use Incapacitate, Mind Control, and Poison. All at once? That seems like a little much.
He can use them all, just like Scarecrow. Treat them like they have all those powers showing on their dial -- you can't activate them all with one action, but they've got them all at their disposal.

Which, yes, makes that Immortus really really good.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Grem posted:

The key word there is "and". If it was "or", you'd have to pick one, but the "and" lets you use all three.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

The key word there is "and". If it was "or", you'd have to pick one, but the "and" lets you use all three.

Note that in the case of Moon Knight from the Avengers set, it did say "or" but meant "and." That was, though, the first full carded set.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Grem posted:

If you outwit powers like that, it also prevents all them from being used. So if you outwit that power, it also turns off Outwit, Probability Control and Shape Change.

SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?
I am still amazed the set list hasn't been leaked yet. Makes me both worried about how pricey singles will be now, but excited that it is probably good. I just don't have the cash for buying boosters so the likelihood of preorders going fast isn't ideal.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SublimeDelusions posted:

I am still amazed the set list hasn't been leaked yet. Makes me both worried about how pricey singles will be now, but excited that it is probably good. I just don't have the cash for buying boosters so the likelihood of preorders going fast isn't ideal.

Same. I still don't know if buying a brick ahead of time was a good idea or not.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Hood is up: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/The-Hood-057.jpg

On the one hand, he's a solid upgrade on his old abysmal version, I love the 70 point dial; on the other hand he's a super rare and has no Leadership or any other power signifying he turned the criminal underworld into his personal army. Then there's the stop clicks which I'm honestly getting sick of; a few pieces getting them is a neat mechanic, but it's starting to feel like lazy dial design.

Regardless, Maggia teams will happily welcome Parker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

The Hood is up: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/The-Hood-057.jpg

On the one hand, he's a solid upgrade on his old abysmal version, I love the 70 point dial; on the other hand he's a super rare and has no Leadership or any other power signifying he turned the criminal underworld into his personal army. Then there's the stop clicks which I'm honestly getting sick of; a few pieces getting them is a neat mechanic, but it's starting to feel like lazy dial design.

Regardless, Maggia teams will happily welcome Parker.

I like him at 70 so much more then his full value. Pretty weak dial if that's supposed to represent him with the infinity gauntlet.

• Locked thread