Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Perry Normal posted:

More Top 10.

Someone should cross-post to the Badass Panels Thread the stand-off where Joe Pi talks not-Superman of the not-JLA pedophile ring into killing himself and uses his robot nature as a legal cover saying that he is a "poor hostage negotiator."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Nipponophile posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man: World's Greatest Detective

I don't really keep up with newspaper Spidey (although I probably should), but I like how all it takes is a lovely haircut to identify an Osborne in any given setting.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The Mentalizer posted:

I don't really keep up with newspaper Spidey (although I probably should), but I like how all it takes is a lovely haircut to identify an Osborne in any given setting.

Hey now, that could be Sandman

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dacap posted:

Hey now, that could be Sandman

"I believe you've mistaken me for my cousin..."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Mentalizer posted:

It gets better -- they've broken into his house, and Black Widow slammed Harry's hand in his night table drawer, simply because the Hobgoblin has showed up again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Selachian posted:

It gets better -- they've broken into his house, and Black Widow slammed Harry's hand in his night table drawer, simply because the Hobgoblin has showed up again.

Well technically he was going for a gun from the drawer.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

You missed the Badass Panels Thread.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Tinyman's giant ray gun is just amazing. :allears:

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Selachian posted:

That's even better than I could have imagined.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I love that three of them find ways to name-drop themselves as part of their speech, but then we get around to "I'm Tinyman!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I don't know which is better; the fact that Tiny-Man's "giant ray gun" is just a normal-sized pistol, or how Dr. Fate is referring to Captain Marvel as a "thing-a-mi-jig".

fake edit: I'm Tinyman! :downs:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Me, I enjoy the fact that Atom-Jaw and Tinyman are apparently standing in midair because gently caress perspective.

Incidentally, Elasticman was called Plastic Man in the issue before this one, but DC cleared their throat and reached for their lawyers.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Apparently there was also a character called Dr. Doom, and Captain Marvel's teen sidekick was "Billy Baxton".

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Plok was a pretty good game.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Selachian posted:

Incidentally, Elasticman was called Plastic Man in the issue before this one, but DC cleared their throat and reached for their lawyers.

And presumably they repeated the action after the publication of this one.

Relevant funny panels:

Injustice Year 3 #7 (I think)

VVV Either that or "Esaelp t'nod og lla Rotamina-er" VVV

KayTee fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 28, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think I said this the last time that page was posted, but I assume the next panel is Zatanna going: "Um... and when was the last time you did anything but talk to a patient and do that illegible doctor scrawl on a prescription pad?"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I'm assuming working with The Joker has given her plenty of opportunities to practice emergency medicine.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I never read that, but maybe she's just pissy because she's going to try and Doctor Fate wasn't going to try? (I don't know anything about that character.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think Dr Fate is a doctor of archaeology, not medicine like Harley.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I see the origins of Baron Ünderbite, Professor Impossible, Dr. Entmann, Colonel Gentleman, and Phantom Limb.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I think Dr Fate is a doctor of archaeology, not medicine like Harley.

wasn't harley a psychiatrist?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Monaghan posted:

wasn't harley a psychiatrist?

If she was a psychiatrist, she did go through med school and get her MD. Even if she wasn't very good. Like the old joke says, what do you call someone that graduates in the bottom third of their med school? Doctor.

Psychology is the nonmedical degree.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Phy posted:

If she was a psychiatrist, she did go through med school and get her MD. Even if she wasn't very good. Like the old joke says, what do you call someone that graduates in the bottom third of their med school? Doctor.

Psychology is the nonmedical degree.

I know this has gone back and forth, but I've always liked the background that Harley was a very good psychiatrist -- Akrham is a dream job for someone who really cares about abnormal psychiatry and treating the criminally insane. It's just that, well, getting inside the Joker's head is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Test Pattern posted:

I know this has gone back and forth, but I've always liked the background that Harley was a very good psychiatrist -- Akrham is a dream job for someone who really cares about abnormal psychiatry and treating the criminally insane. It's just that, well, getting inside the Joker's head is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

Dini himself has gone back and forth. In Mad Love it's implied she slept her way to a decent GPA, but Gotham Sirens has her be good enough to mess with multiple Gothamites' heads.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaz-L posted:

Dini himself has gone back and forth. In Mad Love it's implied she slept her way to a decent GPA, but Gotham Sirens has her be good enough to mess with multiple Gothamites' heads.

And her current series has her fairly skilled in dealing with patients. Albeit they're mostly golden oldies...

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

I like the idea that maybe both are true, and it fits. She has the potential to be really, really good at it if she's motivated, but she cut corners. So instead of working at school she slept her way to good grades. Instead of putting in the time to build herself up she went to Arkham to try and get a book deal out of sessions with the Joker. She knows what she's doing perfectly well, but she takes the easy way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I prefer to think she was a mediocre psychologist until she hooked up with Joker. Being around that much crazy for that long is sure to give you all kinds of insights into the human mind.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TheJoker138 posted:

I like the idea that maybe both are true, and it fits. She has the potential to be really, really good at it if she's motivated, but she cut corners. So instead of working at school she slept her way to good grades. Instead of putting in the time to build herself up she went to Arkham to try and get a book deal out of sessions with the Joker. She knows what she's doing perfectly well, but she takes the easy way.

Personally I'd rather no character in comics "sleep their way" through school or jobs because that's a hosed up sexist stereotype that has very little basis in reality other than spite from male colleagues.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I ran across this in the D&D editorial cartoons thread:

It was included with a bunch of Vietnam posters. I'm hoping it's not an edit.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

prefect posted:

I ran across this in the D&D editorial cartoons thread:

What, no Hamburger Hill joke?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Multiversity #2:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what is really and what is parody in this thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what is really and what is parody in this thread.

That could not be more of an edit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cool Terry Pratchett tribute.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I would have guessed a long black, but apparently that's a regional variation.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Kalan, Failla, Saito & Herring
SPIDER-MAN AND THE X-MEN #6 2015
Pixels, because I get the digital version

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I honestly don't give a poo poo what they have planned, Spider-Man should constantly be at that school.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Boogaleeboo posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo what they have planned, Spider-Man should constantly be at that school.

This is the tragic final issue in the 6-issue miniseries, but I hope Elliot Kalan keeps writing in the strange wonderland that await us post-BATTLEWORLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
So, is he the only teacher there with an actual teaching certificate? or did that get retconned with brand new day?