Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's a mod for that; it's called Therapy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
just hammer movetoqt into the console like your life depends on it

It might work and it might crash (I guess both at once is also possible) but it'll be faster than running!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Fallout: New Vegas (modding thread) - I'm a completest sperge

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Oh my god making a radio station from scratch is tedious and horrible. Hope you guys like Blind Willies both Johnson and McTell.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Oh my god making a radio station from scratch is tedious and horrible. Hope you guys like Blind Willies both Johnson and McTell.

You could always use my SimpleStation mod as a base, it's got wide open permissions.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I recently reinstalled and decided to go the whole shebang and start with TTW. I installed CONELRAD and Existence radios, however they do not appear in TTW. Is there an easy way to get them working? Or should I install the FO3 versions?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I believe that on both of those, you need to travel to vegas once before they'll run.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Hey,guys, I just got Project Nevada, but the Cyberware module will not install properly. I found that out when I tried to set up the Extra Options ,it says that Cyberware didn't install. I tried to uninstall and reinstall PN several times,but same result. I'm using Mod Organizer, just so you guys know.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Hey,guys, I just got Project Nevada, but the Cyberware module will not install properly. I found that out when I tried to set up the Extra Options ,it says that Cyberware didn't install. I tried to uninstall and reinstall PN several times,but same result. I'm using Mod Organizer, just so you guys know.
Are you using the FOMOD installer? If so, try a manual install (meaning just unzip the archive and copy-paste the files).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Raygereio posted:

Are you using the FOMOD installer? If so, try a manual install (meaning just unzip the archive and copy-paste the files).

I don't have FOMOD,I'll get that and see it that works. Thanks!

Edit:Seems to be working now.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 26, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

There actually is no extra options module for cyberware, so if you have cyberware selected when installing extra options the installer will fail.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I decided to finally get around to taking a crack at New Vegas and, accordingly, modding the hell out of it--but mostly elected to go with the 'lightweight' approach of Project Nevada + FOOK & Convergence with whichever mods the lot of them recommended to me along with a number from the OP. It was a little disorienting to set up and troubleshoot things after getting used to Skyrim and the progress made in modding tools there--but for the most part, I seem to have things going; my trouble now is that I am having some bizarre missing texture issues despite attempting to be exhaustive in chaining together everything those core three mods called for.

Using Mod Organizer for the lot of it--the biggest culprits are these various Wasteland Vigilante and Wasteland Hero NPCs wandering about, seemingly originating from A World of Pain; they've all come some manner of purple texture or another on their gear and it's a little baffling. Is this going to come down to digging around in FNVEdit to figure out what textures they're calling for?

I will say that holy poo poo do all these things have a lot of 'compatibility' patches in very labyrinthine and confusing combinations, it's been really aggravating trying to wrangle them all even with LOOT and Mod Organizer.

On a different note, building a Bashed patch for Skyrim is pretty direct--but with Wyre Flash there's a lot more prompts I'm unaccustomed to; any suggestions on what all I should be digging through to check off when prompted there, or just stick to leveled lists?

delta534
Sep 2, 2011
I would stick to leveled list for now with wyre flash, and create a FNVEdit merged patch for the rest, even then I would go over the leveled lists and make sure that it has not screwed anything up due to lack of proper tagging. The other options except for the formlist option can be used but the mods need to be tagged right. The formlist option works, but it does not preserve any changed in order that a mod might introduce which will cause problems with certain mods.

I would create a file called NVSE_Config.ini in the NVSE folder and place this in it
code:
[Logging]
EnableGameErrorLog=1;
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400;
ScrapHeapSizeMB=128;
The setting EnableGameErrorLog=1; will allow some basic error logging and should tell you what texture is missing, if you encounter it. 90% of the logging will be useless and will be cut off so let the game run a bit after you find someone with a missing texture.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

delta534 posted:

I would stick to leveled list for now with wyre flash, and create a FNVEdit merged patch for the rest, even then I would go over the leveled lists and make sure that it has not screwed anything up due to lack of proper tagging. The other options except for the formlist option can be used but the mods need to be tagged right. The formlist option works, but it does not preserve any changed in order that a mod might introduce which will cause problems with certain mods.

The setting EnableGameErrorLog=1; will allow some basic error logging and should tell you what texture is missing, if you encounter it. 90% of the logging will be useless and will be cut off so let the game run a bit after you find someone with a missing texture.

Thanks, I would not have anticipated the error checking also making mentions of textures. Neat! Is there anything that is the equivalent of MFG Console for New Vegas? It's pretty handy for puzzling things out when they're awry in Skyrim.

I will say that I opted for Hardcore Mode since that appeals to me but I think something between Project Nevada or FOOK or the like might be a titch overzealous--just trucking around Goodsprings and delving a quick jaunt against a cave and I had accrued so much 'hunger' in less than 24 hours that I needed several hundred caps worth of vendor food to try and mitigate it.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

Thanks, I would not have anticipated the error checking also making mentions of textures. Neat! Is there anything that is the equivalent of MFG Console for New Vegas? It's pretty handy for puzzling things out when they're awry in Skyrim.

Not that I know of. It's something that I would like to have as well.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've got an issue. New Vegas no longer recognizes my gamepad. Normally it would default to a 360 pad layout and turn off mouse and keyboard inputs whenever I plugged it in, but now it wont even recognize the inputs from it and defaults to mouse and keyboard. I just installed some new mods, but I don't think those changed anything since the problem persisted when I disabled them and my controller was working briefly with them installed. It's not my computer or controller because it works perfectly with every other game I have. Has anyone had this issue or have any clues on how to fix it?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Who else is thanking their personal choice of deity that the whole paid mods thing is over and now goons will stop bitching in three seperate threads about it? God, those were some pointless arguments that just kept cirling around and around.

Also, the Famas by Naky and his team of modding robots is pretty and awesome. :magical:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GaistHeidegger posted:

I will say that I opted for Hardcore Mode since that appeals to me but I think something between Project Nevada or FOOK or the like might be a titch overzealous--just trucking around Goodsprings and delving a quick jaunt against a cave and I had accrued so much 'hunger' in less than 24 hours that I needed several hundred caps worth of vendor food to try and mitigate it.

All about them gecko steaks. Cook 'em up!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Who else is thanking their personal choice of deity that the whole paid mods thing is over and now goons will stop bitching in three seperate threads about it? God, those were some pointless arguments that just kept cirling around and around.

Also, the Famas by Naky and his team of modding robots is pretty and awesome. :magical:

I'm somewhat disappointed that paid mods are gone because I legitimately think it should be an option for mod developers (donate buttons don't really work), but I'm more happy its gone because now everyone will shut the gently caress up about it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Klaus88 posted:

Got a link?

edit: never mind. found it

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 28, 2015

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Well that was short-lived, didn't think they'd nix the whole thing so quick but then again gamers are the loudest entitled pissbabies so I shouldn't be surprised.

Couple progress shots, full post here
http://thisblogisfortherats.tumblr.com/post/117574527224/mother-road-progress-pictured-wonder-valley

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm somewhat disappointed that paid mods are gone because I legitimately think it should be an option for mod developers (donate buttons don't really work), but I'm more happy its gone because now everyone will shut the gently caress up about it.

Donations work just fine on Nexus as they always have since it was implemented a year or two ago, but as always it's up to you whether or not you want to donate. In terms of WNM (Weapons of the New Millenia), Mill has offered to split donations with me a while ago and I've refused. He deserves and has earned most of any donations we get anyway, which is still very little if you're curious but we don't really care. If nothing else, this whole paid mod thing has increased people's willingness to actually donate to good mods that are well done and provide lots of content to users. Ironically, I would bet that we got more donations in the past few days than we have in probably the past half year. It's not why we do it but it's appreciated and goes towards paying for licenses and plugin fees and such. And alcohol, I'm sure.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Naky posted:

Donations work just fine on Nexus as they always have since it was implemented a year or two ago, but as always it's up to you whether or not you want to donate. In terms of WNM (Weapons of the New Millenia), Mill has offered to split donations with me a while ago and I've refused. He deserves and has earned most of any donations we get anyway, which is still very little if you're curious but we don't really care. If nothing else, this whole paid mod thing has increased people's willingness to actually donate to good mods that are well done and provide lots of content to users. Ironically, I would bet that we got more donations in the past few days than we have in probably the past half year. It's not why we do it but it's appreciated and goes towards paying for licenses and plugin fees and such. And alcohol, I'm sure.

For sure donations work great for most modders who are doing it for a hobby, and tips are a great way of showing support for a free project. But the amount of entitled neckbeards on reddit who simply cannot accept that a mod author wants payment for their thousands of hours of work, with the cry of "JUST ADD A DONATE BUTTON THEY CAN SUSTAIN OFF OUR GOODWILL" while simultaneously downloading hundreds of mods without ever donating at all, really hit a maximum over the last couple days. I think the number was thrown around by one of the paid mod authors that over four years of modding, on average 0.17% of users donated, which raised a total of $500 for their hundreds and thousands of hours of work. The Steam Workshop made them ~$700 in one and a half days.

Donation buttons are awesome, and a donation button on Steam would be great, but people hating on modders for daring to utilise a far more sustainable and proven system (selling) are way out of line. It is 100% the modders choice. I just hope you're right that this whole ordeal will lead to greater willingness to support modders who are putting such great stuff out there, such as yourself and the team.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Sputnik posted:

Well that was short-lived, didn't think they'd nix the whole thing so quick but then again gamers are the loudest entitled pissbabies so I shouldn't be surprised.

Couple progress shots, full post here
http://thisblogisfortherats.tumblr.com/post/117574527224/mother-road-progress-pictured-wonder-valley

I'm gonna put off reinstalling until this comes out I think, because I loving love this concept.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

I'm gonna put off reinstalling until this comes out I think, because I loving love this concept.

Very rough estimate, maybe another month or two, if you're sure you want to wait that long to reinstall.

-------
Here's an example of the couple dozen songs I put on the radio station:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnWxZtI3ONY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVZA37mJAIc

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
How do I get Weapons mod expanded and WRP to work with a bashed patch? I have the patch that's supposed to make the two play nice but somethings off right now.

EDIT: Never mind, figured out what I was doing wrong. :shepicide:

It seems like some of these mods go out of their way to phase their instructions in the most obtuse manner possible.

Klaus88 fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 29, 2015

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Klaus88 posted:

How do I get Weapons mod expanded and WRP to work with a bashed patch? I have the patch that's supposed to make the two play nice but somethings off right now.

EDIT: Never mind, figured out what I was doing wrong. :shepicide:

It seems like some of these mods go out of their way to phase their instructions in the most obtuse manner possible.

Wait, what did you do to fix it?

Someday in the future, someone out there will have the same problem, and after delving through ancient forum posts for hours on end, they will find your post here. And they will want to know what you saw.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Still can't track down the texture issue, which is driving me a little nuts--nothing's cropping up in the error log and I've gone through and re-downloaded and re-installed the various packs again (and am using Mod Organizer.) It freaked me out when I ran into a powder ganger who was a floating head and hands with a meat cleaver when I rounded a corner in the Bison in Primm, though. I have also realized that for some reason Steam isn't saving screenshots I take, which is a little weird. The screenshot prompt is displaying in steamworks, it just vanishes into the aether afterwards.

Other than that, holy poo poo do the individual biggish mods have a lot of .esp files for compatibility patches or what? I'm working with convergence, which I'd expect to require a few to make work, but FOOK by itself is 12 files, Project Nevada is 10, Meltdown is 8, etc--and my Bashed patch is tagging seemingly random ones from the mix to say 'No it's cool I can totally cover this one' for deactivation. It feels pretty messy. I wanted to install Alternative Repairing and there are 29 esp files in its package. Sheesh.

It is a pretty big rabbit hole to dive in headlong with things like AWOP, etc. when my last experience with New Vegas was on the 360 when it came out, where I only played to around the point that I reached the main drag before leaving off; it's been so long and my recollection is so vague that now it's throwing me off when I'm heading into an area and realizing 'Oh this is probably a new AWOP thing' (regrettably that is frequently indicated by 'hey I can see through the map in a lot of places' but hey.)

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Wait until you realize the plugin limit for New Vegas is 140. :suicide:

drkeiscool posted:

Wait, what did you do to fix it?

Someday in the future, someone out there will have the same problem, and after delving through ancient forum posts for hours on end, they will find your post here. And they will want to know what you saw.

After you build your bashed patch, re-enable the WMX-WRP compatibility, but for it to work you have to tick the import graphics option in the import graphics tab when you're building your bashed patch.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Is there a good mod that adds riding horses?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GaistHeidegger posted:

Other than that, holy poo poo do the individual biggish mods have a lot of .esp files for compatibility patches or what? I'm working with convergence, which I'd expect to require a few to make work, but FOOK by itself is 12 files, Project Nevada is 10, Meltdown is 8, etc--and my Bashed patch is tagging seemingly random ones from the mix to say 'No it's cool I can totally cover this one' for deactivation. It feels pretty messy. I wanted to install Alternative Repairing and there are 29 esp files in its package. Sheesh.

I can't even figure out what you're talking about. I use Convergence minus AWOP and I have about 60 total esp/esms, including the ones for the main game. If you're following the instructions you shouldn't be running into this issue. I never used bashed patches or anything like that. Each mod is likely going to have one compatibility patch for everything, and some of them have individual compatibility patches for each DLC. But that's it. You can look at his example load order and it only has like 30 .esp files.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can't even figure out what you're talking about. I use Convergence minus AWOP and I have about 60 total esp/esms, including the ones for the main game. If you're following the instructions you shouldn't be running into this issue. I never used bashed patches or anything like that. Each mod is likely going to have one compatibility patch for everything, and some of them have individual compatibility patches for each DLC. But that's it. You can look at his example load order and it only has like 30 .esp files.

For example:

A lot of it basically comes from trying to route Convergence, FOOK, Project Nevada, AWOP, Weapon Mods Expansion, Weapon Mods Expanded, Impact, EVE and Meltdown; it's just a big ole' mess and I'm sure there is a more compact way to tackle it than I'm employing. I basically went in with no idea what was what for New Vegas mods and perused for things that looked good in the OP + grabbed most of the things Convergence indicated it had compatibility / patches for, since I reasoned that they probably had some merit if they'd taken the bother to do so.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

GaistHeidegger posted:

For example:

A lot of it basically comes from trying to route Convergence, FOOK, Project Nevada, AWOP, Weapon Mods Expansion, Weapon Mods Expanded, Impact, EVE and Meltdown; it's just a big ole' mess and I'm sure there is a more compact way to tackle it than I'm employing. I basically went in with no idea what was what for New Vegas mods and perused for things that looked good in the OP + grabbed most of the things Convergence indicated it had compatibility / patches for, since I reasoned that they probably had some merit if they'd taken the bother to do so.

That doesn't seem like the best idea. For one thing, a lot of the 'big' mods overlap so there's no need for both, especially since there's always the chance of more serious conflicts.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Well for one if you just have the esps chillin in your folder, they are counting against your hard limit of ESPs. I also opted against IMPACT because you're right, there's a lot of files there and I felt like it was too easy to gently caress that up so I decided to not use it. I've never even heard of Frequency or Meltdown (which is very weird) so that took me a bit by surprise. In fact even when I google it, I cannot find any info on either Frequency or Meltdown, what the gently caress are these?

Anyways hopefully deleting those extra esps will fix this. You can post your load order if you like, I'll glance over it, but please remove the .esps you aren't using from the list as a courtesy.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 29, 2015

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

GaistHeidegger posted:

it's just a big ole' mess and I'm sure there is a more compact way to tackle it than I'm employing.
Yeah, it's called not using Convergence.
Honestly I'd start over and start small. Modding 101: Don't add 100+ mods all in one go. And take some time to figure out what you actually want to change in your game before downloading everything and the kitchen sink.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Anyways hopefully deleting those extra esps will fix this. You can post your load order if you like, I'll glance over it, but please remove the .esps you aren't using from the list as a courtesy.

Speaking of load orders, I think EVE and FOOK don't completely agree on textures and the like. For example, I remember EVE having a fancy new thing for the laser pistol with an animated sight, but after I installed FOOK it disappeared, but other EVE effects are still in. Anyone know what's up with that, or how to fix it?

VV: So it's safe to load EVE last? FOOK has "Load the FOOK esps last" in its instructions and I followed that. Just tried it, apparently loading EVE last works, or at least doesn't immediately crash. It does mean that some weapon names aren't changed ("Laser Pistol" instead of "AEP7 Laser Pistol") but that's minor.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 29, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
With some things it depends where they are in your load order. EVE changes the AER prototype beam to be purple, but if I load JSawyer after EVE the beam is back to green.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

2house2fly posted:

With some things it depends where they are in your load order. EVE changes the AER prototype beam to be purple, but if I load JSawyer after EVE the beam is back to green.
In cases like that I find it simplest to just dive FNVEdit and quickly make a compatibility patch.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"

Raygereio posted:

Yeah, it's called not using Convergence.
Honestly I'd start over and start small. Modding 101: Don't add 100+ mods all in one go. And take some time to figure out what you actually want to change in your game before downloading everything and the kitchen sink.

Bah, probably. The gauntlet then--WME or WMX? A choice for the ages. I'm liable to drop FOOK and err on Project Nevada, etc. edgewise. Coming from Skyrim modding, I'm generally used to mods that don't involve scripting being generally painless to remove after the fact, but I'm unfamiliar if/how much some of these New Vegas mods come to the table in that regard. Time to go digging I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Anyone know which mod adds open-door boxcars? There are several in my game but it's not a vanilla feature, so I'm thinking it's from either TTW or some wasteland interiors thing. If anyone knows offhand it would save me some digging.