Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ErIog posted:

Dammit, I forgot about liver when constructing that joke. White Americans, aside from liver, almost never eat organ meats so I thought I was being clever by claiming placenta was actually the most popular organ meat for white Americans.

Oh my bad, I thought you were saying that the weird meat and salad pie thing you posted had offal in it that was the most popular among white Americans. I was guessing that the meat in the pie was liver.

Speaking of placenta:

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rah! posted:

Oh my bad, I thought you were saying that the weird meat and salad pie thing you posted had offal in it that was the most popular among white Americans. I was guessing that the meat in the pie was liver.

Speaking of placenta:

I hope to god all these Placenta recipes and/or pictures are animal not human.

People being proud of their weird food choices is gross enough, being proud of your weird cannibalism choice is even worse.

Contrecoup
Mar 30, 2015

Rah! posted:

Judging by the white Americans I know....liver?

White Americans eat nothing but mayo, tater tot, and placenta salad. Except me, of course.

Also it might be a regional thing but gizzards seem pretty popular around here. Weird texture but they're not bad.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Gridlocked posted:

You know it's not.

It's some weird hippie non-vaccinating "gonna have my baby in the woods during the third quarter of the moon while the goddess blesses my doula with the great feminine yoni powers" person's placenta.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I knew a guy who would eat his wife's placenta after each birth because he felt it created a stronger bond with his kids and it was also just plain healthy!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Rah! posted:

Speaking of placenta:

I should have made it more clear. The taco pie abomination depicted below is separate from the placenta discussion that was happening. As far as I know, there is no placenta in this:

My dumb joke was in response to the guy describing his thought process as he tried to figure out what organ meat it was in that picture of the placenta dish.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Gridlocked posted:

People being proud of their weird food choices is gross enough, being proud of your weird cannibalism choice is even worse.

There is actually a service that freeze-dries and grinds up your placenta for you and puts it into pills! Which I think is cheating, really. If you're going to be gross and crazy, you should only be allowed to tear bites out of it raw something something a animal.

Or smear it on your face, which according to my favourite Korean cosmetic store is terrifyingly popular (sheep placenta, as if that makes it any less weird) :barf:

Re: caramel chat, condensed milk caramel is legit the best thing with fruit. But make sure it's a can you have to open with a can-opener, and doesn't have a ring pull or something. That way explosions and lost security deposits lie.

All the stores I can find only sell the ring pull ones and it makes me unspeakably sad that I can't make delicious, silky, tooth-hurting caramel

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried some of this the other day

and it was pretty gross. I can't imagine anything it would go well with. spicy honey sounds like it would work with chicken or something similar but the taste is just unpleasant, and honey with heat is seriously confusing

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Aesop Poprock posted:

and it was pretty gross. I can't imagine anything it would go well with. spicy honey sounds like it would work with chicken or something similar but the taste is just unpleasant, and honey with heat is seriously confusing

Maybe mix it with some mustard?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Maybe mix it with some mustard?

spicy honey mustard is already a thing, and that mike stuff is like $12 for a 12oz

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I can see it rubbed on some ribs, or used for some asian recipes.

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010
Might be for people with colds or flu? Have it in a lemon drink and clear out your sinuses.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

But you could buy normal honey and a bottle of hot sauce for half the price of that stuff. And then you can adjust sweet/spicy as much as you want.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Rah! posted:

But you could buy normal honey and a bottle of hot sauce for half the price of that stuff. And then you can adjust sweet/spicy as much as you want.

As for most prepared food actually...

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

As for most prepared food actually...

gently caress you dad! This lime vodka is the poo poo.

Squeeze a loving lime into your vodka your lazy assholes. Mix it with sprite or something. Jesus christ how is flavored vodka a thing, and how did the erudite people I shared a house with in college not realize the folly!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

"shake well" :psyduck:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

A local BBQ place also has a wood-fired oven and makes awesome pizzas, one of which features (a little) smoked jalapeno honey to complement the pulled pork, cappicola, house-made sausage, garlic, and cheese toppings.. It's surprisingly spicy, but delicious.

Now I want that pie, dammit. :arghfist::(

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ErIog posted:

gently caress you dad! This lime vodka is the poo poo.

Squeeze a loving lime into your vodka your lazy assholes. Mix it with sprite or something. Jesus christ how is flavored vodka a thing, and how did the erudite people I shared a house with in college not realize the folly!

Hey the flavored vodka scene is pretty advanced, I don't think you're gonna be able to make fruit - loops or chocolate whipped cream vodkas easily on your own

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q

Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings. Try these and you'll understand spicy honey.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey the flavored vodka scene is pretty advanced, I don't think you're gonna be able to make fruit - loops or chocolate whipped cream vodkas easily on your own

You beat me to this exact post, only I was gonna use froot loops and pumpkin pie

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Re: caramel chat, condensed milk caramel is legit the best thing with fruit. But make sure it's a can you have to open with a can-opener, and doesn't have a ring pull or something. That way explosions and lost security deposits lie.

All the stores I can find only sell the ring pull ones and it makes me unspeakably sad that I can't make delicious, silky, tooth-hurting caramel

You know you can just bake it in the oven instead of boiling the entire can, right? Or in a pot on the stove with constant whisking...or just make a few puncture marks in the top of the can and not fully submerge it. It's a bit more effort but it's not that much more effort.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Data Graham posted:

You beat me to this exact post, only I was gonna use froot loops and pumpkin pie
I'm waiting for the 120 minute IPA flavored vodka.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

Advanced, and ridiculously popular. All it takes is spending two minutes in a liquor store on a Friday night to hear "OH EM GEE! This one tastes like Swedish Fish! Let's get it!" half a dozen times.

CannonFodder posted:

I'm waiting for the 120 minute IPA flavored vodka.

It would end the thread because nothing on Earth could possibly be more gross :barf:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

This is apparently a candy and not the abomination I thought it to be

Tasty maybe with vodka, but maybe not in vodka.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Advanced, and ridiculously popular. All it takes is spending two minutes in a liquor store on a Friday night to hear "OH EM GEE! This one tastes like Swedish Fish! Let's get it!" half a dozen times.

This is a thing? I'm hitting the liquor store.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Kudzu blossom pie

This placenta kick makes me want to :barf:.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Apparently it's been discontinued (so get it while you can) which is a loving shame because it was legit delicious. I usually can't drink vodka straight, but I could destroy this stuff so long as it's chilled.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

A White Guy posted:

Kudzu blossom pie

I thought that was a bowl of fingernails.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

Tastes like the real thing, and is better chilled.

e: beaten

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Antifreeze Head posted:

This is apparently a candy and not the abomination I thought it to be

Tasty maybe with vodka, but maybe not in vodka.

That's one hell of a gös (pike perch)! Maybe the tastiest freshwater fish you can get.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

axolotl farmer posted:

That's one hell of a gös (pike perch)! Maybe the tastiest freshwater fish you can get.

Whole fried bluegill would like to have a word with you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Whole fried bluegill would like to have a word with you.

I would eat this

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

NotAnArtist posted:

I would eat this

It's really awesome too, and it's also pretty much the only effective way to cook them because they're (for the most part) so little. If you were to try and fillet a typical bluegill, you'd get a piece of boneless meat about the size of an American half-dollar. But, that said, if you don't mind picking around the bones, the meat is extremely non-fishy, and in any typical American stream, river, or lake, you can usually hook dozens of them in one sitting.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

EZipperelli posted:

Apparently it's been discontinued (so get it while you can) which is a loving shame because it was legit delicious. I usually can't drink vodka straight, but I could destroy this stuff so long as it's chilled.

the Pinnacle Whipped made into a screwdriver with Simply Orange tastes exactly like a creamsicle, even poured strong.

my friend picked up the Pinnacle red licorice by accident once... I will drink Jager willingly, but god help me I cannot forget the terrible taste of red licorice and orange juice...

speaking of sugary hangovers...

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

diabeetz posted:

I have never understood the pull of the fishbowl drinks.

If I wanna get stupidly drunk for no good reason I just load up on the house wine or beer.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

4 oz. backwash

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bring the placenta pictures back, they bother me less :barf:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

diabeetz posted:

This gave me diabetes

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

A White Guy posted:

Kudzu blossom pie

This placenta kick makes me want to :barf:.

Did this come from somewhere with a recipe? Kudzu blossom jelly is delicious so I bet a pie would be pretty tasty too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Anything that gets rid of kudzu is good too, whether it involves eating it or not.

• Locked thread