Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Antoine Silvere posted:

actually it is bad for literally any and every thing possible, ever

You couldn't be more wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Ramsus posted:

Play at higher difficulty with people that are leveled. If there are people in the server that aren't leveled then leave. Suicidal seems to have some decent teamwork. HOE seems impossible atm. I've only ever made it to wave 4 of 7.

Completed all the maps on suicidal though.

I don't think I've played a single pub suicidal game without 1-2 underleveled and oblivious players that gently caress it up in the later waves by aggroing scrakes when the team's not ready for it. Does the game even have kick voting yet?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

make sure you turn on the lyrics hth

like 90% of the songs i've heard are just instrumental but i did it

Whale Cancer posted:

You couldn't be more wrong.

i'm sorry you have bad taste, hope this helps

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Making yourself fly around with the boomstick is both hilarious and pretty useful

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ruggington posted:

Making yourself fly around with the boomstick is both hilarious and pretty useful

Can it get you over railings you are technically supposed to be able to jump over but take 5 loving tries to do so?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Guys, Akumos was thinking about taking Goon Floor 2 down until more content is added to the game. Are you guys down with this or do you want us to keep it up? As it is now, we made it public because hardly any goons came to play on it so it'd be a waste of money to keep it running for pubbies.

We'd appreciate any feedback, i.e. if you want it to stay up, if you want it to go back on Hard, etc.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

quick question: When ever I run the game, it tries to do the first time setup. How do I fix it?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Section Z posted:

Can it get you over railings you are technically supposed to be able to jump over but take 5 loving tries to do so?

It gives you the super power to clear ANY railing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Make this a cheevo Tripwire

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Bloodmobile posted:

I don't think I've played a single pub suicidal game without 1-2 underleveled and oblivious players that gently caress it up in the later waves by aggroing scrakes when the team's not ready for it. Does the game even have kick voting yet?

No kick voting yet. Also the quality of players seems to improve later in the night. Probably the college or unemployed poopsockers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Been having a lot of weird death at Hans, he''s not throwing nades or anything I just drop dead, its weird.

edify
Sep 14, 2014
KF1 is probably my favourite game and I'm really enjoying what we currently have in KF2 at the moment. Tripwire need to implement a proper vote to start system though (ie; majority vote), as at the moment one person who's afk can stall an entire server for a seemingly unlimited amount of time, which is a bit of an oversight for a dedicated PC developer.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

How to play KF1 demolitions.

Also this loops seamlessly with some clever cropping:

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 28, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Fina posted:

I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

Speaking of doors, I don't agree with the decision to make doors just break after a set amount of damage. There have been several times I've sat welding a door against a horde and then after a while it just smashes apart even at 90% integrity. Unless it's a bug or everything on the other side just attacks at once somehow there's no reason for it, especially since they don't come back in this game and there's no handy windows (at least thus far) to shoot/nade enemies through.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I haven't found a reason to weld any doors really. The just don't last long enough to aid your survival in any meaningful way.
So far the only times I've noticed them have any real gameplay impact are when you get some jerk running around welding doors to try and get your team killed or block you from the trader(this barely works though as you can unweld faster).

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Welding doors is a trap in KF2, it actively works against you. A welded door becomes a ticking time bomb that will pop seemingly at random and dump a bunch of zeds right into the middle of your group. Attempting to use welds in any defense is just a bad idea and the group I play with never welds doors or holds out in areas that would require doors to defend. Some of the maps are becoming a bit stale because there will be only one or two areas worth defending, if you could actually rely on welding it would at least open up options. In KF1 you could keep doors up forever but it came at the cost of dedicating one or more players to welding. It was a trade that teams could make, a more defensible location at the expense of less firepower mowing down zeds.

I hope they reconsider the door health mechanic during early access. I would suggest:
- Doors lose the second health bar
- Destroyed doors never respawn.
- Severely damaged doors, if unwelded, become very slow to open and close.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Speaking of doors, I don't agree with the decision to make doors just break after a set amount of damage. There have been several times I've sat welding a door against a horde and then after a while it just smashes apart even at 90% integrity. Unless it's a bug or everything on the other side just attacks at once somehow there's no reason for it, especially since they don't come back in this game and there's no handy windows (at least thus far) to shoot/nade enemies through.

I think what it is is that the door's health is set a bit low, and the weaker doors have less health than your welding does. So welding many doors just ends with them exploding anyway. Welding up a damaged door is meaningless, and basically

ErKeL posted:

I haven't found a reason to weld any doors

EDIT: What makes it especially bad is that it seems like if you weld doors to try to funnel enemies, enemies will ALWAYS immediately spawn behind every welded door, so all you're doing is making it so the enemies all show up at once instead of in a trickle.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

ErKeL posted:

I haven't found a reason to weld any doors really. The just don't last long enough to aid your survival in any meaningful way.
So far the only times I've noticed them have any real gameplay impact are when you get some jerk running around welding doors to try and get your team killed or block you from the trader(this barely works though as you can unweld faster).

The maps are too big for door welding to be of any use. In KF1, they were instrumental to control how many zeds your team had to engage. Enemies piled behind a door, busted it open, and then everyone blasted the zeds that were bunched up together. That was the easy part, the hard part was that you could no longer restrict their movement and now had to deal with them as they came. In KF2, the maps are bigger which means the zeds have more spawn points and more directions to assault your team. As a consequence, zeds don't really bunch up behind doors anymore. Welding a door also cuts off an escape route, something much more useful in KF2 than it was in KF1. In KF2, you can just sprint laps around zeds because the maps allow for that, tons of space with multiple passageways. In KF1, you barely moved faster than zeds with the knife out and, unless you were the berserker, you traded firepower for speed by pulling the knife out. If you ran around the map, it was because your team got overrun and you're the last guy left.

Basically, moving around is better so don't weld doors in KF2. In KF1, running was the worse option so you usually held up somewhere and welded doors to keep from getting overrun.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
^^^ also kf1 had a lot of dead ends on maps, there really isn't any in kf2. In kf1 you had to be really careful not to corner yourself when kiting unless you were on west london.

ErKeL posted:

When you have a scrake or fp charging you it can buy you some time if you shut a door and put a little weld on it then continue running.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 28, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Basically, moving around is better so don't weld doors in KF2.

While I agree the teleporting zeds punishing this quite severely, nothing like rounding corner only to have the scrake that was behind you suddenly in front of you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im the people that hang out in the giant cross-road of death on biotics labs despite half of us dying to trash every single wave

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The crossroad would be great if you could reliably jump over the railing.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

im the people that hang out in the giant cross-road of death on biotics labs despite half of us dying to trash every single wave

The one place with the ramp with a pipe full of blood, four weldable doors, and a bunch of computer desks that inevitably get blown up by wave 3?

For some reason, my group always seems to wander into that area despite us actively planning and repeated to ourselves that we should never go there. I don't know why it always happens.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just did an HOE that was going great. We had a 25 zerk with the Eviscerator camping a doorway destroying everything. He was really good at dodging scrakes and taking them out to. Then the server shut down on wave 5 of 10.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

Just did an HOE that was going great. We had a 25 zerk with the Eviscerator camping a doorway destroying everything. He was really good at dodging scrakes and taking them out to. Then the server shut down on wave 5 of 10.

Did you see how he was taking them out?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

Did you see how he was taking them out?

The melee portion for everything except for sirens and husks. Those he used the projectile.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

The melee portion for everything except for sirens and husks. Those he used the projectile.

But was he like circling them or anything? Curious about getting some use of the eviscerator.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Had a pubbie join on a hard server. Level 0, commander. We made fun and he said "I played the first one".

First round he gets cornered and dies. Fair enough, maybe he wasn't expecting them to run at him.
Second round a bloater fucks him up and while he's blinded he gets surrounded and dies. One more chance dude.
Third round he sees a scrake. Runs up to it and unloads into its face, dies instantly, almost gets me killed because I have to focus my AA-12 on him rather than the swarm.

Never change, pubbies :allears:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Alteisen posted:

But was he like circling them or anything? Curious about getting some use of the eviscerator.

He circled scrakes and fp's. With scrakes it's safe to run past their left arm typically. Don't run by the chainsaw arm. We also had a good medic. Everyone was perk level 18+ We were holding out in the safest spot in probably any map which is the trucks outside on Outpost.

e. wave 7/7 with 40 zeds left on HOE. Good zerk and medic, two supports and a commando. I think when we all get to 25 we'll get HOE on a regular basis.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 28, 2015

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Skoll posted:

Guys, Akumos was thinking about taking Goon Floor 2 down until more content is added to the game. Are you guys down with this or do you want us to keep it up? As it is now, we made it public because hardly any goons came to play on it so it'd be a waste of money to keep it running for pubbies.

We'd appreciate any feedback, i.e. if you want it to stay up, if you want it to go back on Hard, etc.

I played on it when it was on Hard but I haven't gone on since it bumped up to Suicidal/HoE. I haven't had time to level up any classes particularly high yet so the higher difficulties are more stress and frustration than they are fun.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Theta Zero posted:

The one place with the ramp with a pipe full of blood, four weldable doors, and a bunch of computer desks that inevitably get blown up by wave 3?

For some reason, my group always seems to wander into that area despite us actively planning and repeated to ourselves that we should never go there. I don't know why it always happens.

I love that spot not because it's easy or a great place to hole up, but because it gets absolutely mental after a while and everyone shits their pants. I don't want a quiet paint-by-numbers game when I play, I want balls-out mayhem.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I enjoy the between round banter between the characters, but one thing I've been noticing is when you hear "Ammo check, how's everyone doing?", regardless of whether you have full ammo or zero your character replies with "Fully stocked, thanks!". It's the same with the health check one too. Not really a major gripe to be fair, the game is a loving blast.

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire
I will say I've heard the french girl say that she's certainly had better days when her health was around 50% I'm sure I've heard one or two people mention about being light on ammo too, the banter stuff is pretty amazing though. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with new characters too seeing as they're all uniquely voiced

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
When someone says they're low on ammo, one of the woman's responses is "Well you should have brought more :geno:"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fina posted:

Welding doors is a trap in KF2, it actively works against you. A welded door becomes a ticking time bomb that will pop seemingly at random and dump a bunch of zeds right into the middle of your group. Attempting to use welds in any defense is just a bad idea and the group I play with never welds doors or holds out in areas that would require doors to defend. Some of the maps are becoming a bit stale because there will be only one or two areas worth defending, if you could actually rely on welding it would at least open up options. In KF1 you could keep doors up forever but it came at the cost of dedicating one or more players to welding. It was a trade that teams could make, a more defensible location at the expense of less firepower mowing down zeds.

I hope they reconsider the door health mechanic during early access. I would suggest:
- Doors lose the second health bar
- Destroyed doors never respawn.
- Severely damaged doors, if unwelded, become very slow to open and close.
I've had decent luck welding up a door until whatever spills out gets greeted by a grenade and someone with the double barrel.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

So when do dropped weapons despawn?

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Hard to say. I really enjoy playing with goons since they generally have an idea of what they're doing but the mumble channel is a bit of a ghost town. It's always nice to have somewhere to play on the regular but I'd rather you guys not have to shell out if it's just going to be opened to pubs for play.

Worst comes to worst, goons who want to play can always group up in some online matchmaking and flood a server somewhere.

edit: And on doors, I don't find welding them to be that useful. Great for locking up some zeds behind it and getting a big ol nade party going but otherwise the maps are open and looping enough that you usually aren't getting cornered if you're smart about things. This game is certainly less about hunkering down at the best camping spot, which there are still decent ones, and more about being mobile when poo poo hits the fan.

averox fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 28, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Cerepol posted:

So when do dropped weapons despawn?
From what I can see it's when the pod closes to start the next round. I have been able to get back to my AA-12 after respawning if the group stays close by, but the second the pod closes any pickups seem to vanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
hey tripwire guys,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gc7Jj3aLKA

please make it so I can actually use a pod instead of wasting my once-per-wave resupplies from a support with Supplier when we're all at the pod. as you can see I'm right up in the pod's normal range, push E: I resupply from one support, then the next, then the pod. that's the exact opposite of what I want that button to do at that time. This is very frustrating :(