Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

CJacobs posted:

Yeah I don't know why Stux posted it like that but he's right, Dark Souls (at least Demon's and DS1) is an exception to that because the NPCs make it pretty clear they have their own agendas and poo poo to do. It's only in Dark Souls 2 that they start permanently hanging around Majula just so that you don't have to go track them down to buy poo poo from them or whatever.

THEY ARE ALSO DOING THAT IN DEMONS SOULS MOSTLY. EVEN THEN IN DS2 AND DEMONS THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY THINK YOU'RE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING ARE THE MAIDENS, EVERYONE ELSE COULD GENERALLY GIVE A gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I always found it very interesting how excited and proud people are for defeating a nasty boss in the Souls series even though barely anyone notices or cares inside the actual game. That disconnect works really well, for me at least, but I don't know why. Perhaps it's because the indifference of the NPCs makes victory all the sweeter. Even though you're inside a dying world where most people have given up on hope, you are the only one capable and willing to make poo poo happen.

You are making a difference in an indifferent world, basically.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Just because you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4EBYeh8BQ

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:razz:

you are a cool guy and this is cool news

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I saw pretty much every gameplay element from Just Cause 2 and no new ones in the slightest in this video.

So yeah I'll probably be buying it day one.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

CJacobs posted:

I saw pretty much every gameplay element from Just Cause 2 and no new ones in the slightest in this video.

So yeah I'll probably be buying it day one.
Yeah it mostly looks like JC2 but with better lighting.

Though stronger/longer wires appear to be incorporated into the base game instead of as a mod?

http://gfycat.com/MistyScalyKakapo

http://gfycat.com/QuarterlyRealBuffalo

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Apr 28, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cardboard Box A posted:

Yeah it mostly looks like JC2 but with better lighting.

That's something I can live with!

Also Stux please turn off caps lock on your expensive work laptop or telegraph machine or whatever it is you use to post on these forums

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Stux please turn off whatever it is you use to post on these forums

Fixed this for you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

That's something I can live with!

Also Stux please turn off caps lock on your expensive work laptop or telegraph machine or whatever it is you use to post on these forums

IM ACTUALLY USING SHIFT

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
and its a macbook air which i am using from work actually

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
someone needs to go ahead and make a ps4/xbone combined tag at some point btw

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Stux posted:

someone needs to go ahead and make a ps4/xbone combined tag at some point btw

You can't combine forces like that. It will lead to ruin.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

theultimo posted:

You can't combine forces like that. It will lead to ruin.

i have severe anxiety about which tags to pick to find games i am interested in

i found the AW thread eventually but apparently they all hate the best CoD since mw2 so gently caress those guys

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Always use the trout tag.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It makes it really hard to find the Local River Levels Megathread when people just use the trout tag willy-nilly.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Always use the trout tag.

i like the austin one

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

So does anyone know if the new State of Decay re-release is any good? It's got the DLC, HD remaster, and I guess they worked on all the mechanics and say there was a focus on the combat mechanics. I enjoyed this game but there were major mechanics (combat in particular) that were very lacking.

Is there still going to be an MMO? That might actually be fun, despite hitting zombie burnout years ago.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It has been four or five days and my back is not much better, but I spent yesterday playing Donkey Kong 64, because holding the controller was actually easier on my back than using a laptop or sitting at a computer. I'm back at work now, though, and there is no crew of monkeys to save me from the pinching spine pain.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Compared to this crippling back pain, DK64's not so bad!"

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

That's basically my entire gaming career since 2003. Sub in whatever game you like.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Motto posted:

Why the gently caress would you go to 4chan of all sites for support, especially if you're using your identity and are openly transsexual?

she has a trip so odds are she posted on that board a lot.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
pre-order just cause 3 and get cars with guns on them

or you could just shoot your gun from the window of a normal car th-that's fine too

hmmm i wonder if all the fun stuff will be added in paid mods??????

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the fatalities in mortal kombat 10 are kind of lame. hardly any of them are funny.

brutalities are cool though cause they don't extend the match by 10 seconds and you can do them by accident

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

precision posted:

the fatalities in mortal kombat 10 are kind of lame. hardly any of them are funny.

brutalities are cool though cause they don't extend the match by 10 seconds and you can do them by accident

Kenshi's are just awesome as hell though.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Excels posted:

pre-order just cause 3 and get cars with guns on them

or you could just shoot your gun from the window of a normal car th-that's fine too

hmmm i wonder if all the fun stuff will be added in paid mods??????

You say this as if Just Cause 2 didn't already make the jetpack parachute pre-order DLC.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Compared to this crippling back pain, DK64's not so bad!"

"DK64 is so bad it makes me forget my crippling back pain!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

"DK64 is so bad it makes me forget my crippling back pain!"
Works out either way.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Works just like a Greek tragedy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
the best thing about all the modding is now i have reinstalled FO3 and NewVegas and filled it with horse cock.

time for some adventures in the wasteland

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Works out either way.

I tried to send them both in as testimonials that Nintendo could use, but their legal department responded with a letter requesting that I do not sue if it turns out the back pain is a result of stress from the buzzard mini game.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Any word on if that covers Beaver Bother?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

pussy riot police posted:

Any word on if that covers Beaver Bother?

I have discovered the trick to all the barrel mini-games to make them more enjoyable: cheat by using the single save state that they give you, to get the absolute most out of every second.

Also "barrel" is a way to say "trash" in the Boston lexicon, so it is funny to me that all of them essentially sound like "garbage bin games" when I refer to them.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

gaaaahbaj

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That's my boston accent

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

lol at the number of babies who are whining about Broken Age because it contains gameplay.

waaaaah why does this classic adventure game have to contain puzzles and gameplay instead of just being a movie that moves forward when I mash my misshapen retard paws on the spacebar like the walking dead games??

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't like to read or think so I'm being stopped from moving forward, this is BAD GAME DESIGN why would you hold your customers back from experiencing your entire interactive experience why isn't there a button that solves the puzzles for me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hard-hitting commentary about the commentary about the game that nobody knows what that is.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's an epic adventure game by epic gaming studio Double Fine that came out today after 3 years of delays

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

That's my boston accent

Tch. Look at this fuckin' brahmin over heah, thinks he sounds like the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Adam Bowen posted:

lol at the number of babies who are whining about Broken Age because it contains gameplay.

I dunno, I watched the GB Quicklook and wasn't really impressed with the setting. I also heard it was mediocre to bad. Is this not true? If I'm missing out, let me know.

e: Still noone to weigh in on the State of Decay Year One? gently caress it, I'll take the plunge. Trip report at some point.

• Locked thread