Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

PierreTheMime posted:

Some dive out of the way at the last moment, find sufficient cover, the tank hull bounces on impact and completely misses a group of soldiers, etc. There's a million reasons why tossing a torn-open hull or monster carcass at someone in battle-hardened armor won't kill them.

That fact that it's an essentially free thing to do after smashing up your opponent's tank or MC with your D-Fist (eg. something you'd want to be doing anyway) makes it seem to me that it shouldn't have an ordnance-level damage profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Baby Cylon Wahound

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

ineptmule posted:

That fact that it's an essentially free thing to do after smashing up your opponent's tank or MC with your D-Fist (eg. something you'd want to be doing anyway) makes it seem to me that it shouldn't have an ordnance-level damage profile.

The fact that hurling a Wraithlord hurts more than a Trygon or other relatively gigantic MCs is pretty funny (though mechanically it would be difficult to make to flow and smoother and make sense). Wraithbone is heavy stuff, I suppose.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

PierreTheMime posted:

The fact that hurling a Wraithlord hurts more than a Trygon or other relatively gigantic MCs is pretty funny (though mechanically it would be difficult to make to flow and smoother and make sense). Wraithbone is heavy stuff, I suppose.

More than a Land Raider as well.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
knights are awesome, more knights are more awesomer, hail satan

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Reynold posted:

knights are awesome, more knights are more awesomer, hail satan

Imperial Knights in Satan's Service

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

Warden (375 pts)
Wargear:
- Avenger Gatling Gun
- Heavy Flamer
- Heavy Stubber
- Reaper chainsword
- Ion Shield

Options:
- Can exchange the Reaper Chainsword for a Thunderstrike Gauntlet (10 pts)
- Can exchange the Heavy Stubber for a Meltagun (5 points)

- Can take one of the following weapons mouted on its back:
- Ironstorm Rocket Pod (30 pts)
- Icarus Twin Autocannon (35 pts)
- Assault Spear Rocket Pod (40 pts)

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

It looks freaking awesome.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lets take the big stompy robots everybody has a hard time killing, and then give them AA so they have even less hard counters except D weapons.

Great work team! Lets hit the pub!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

BULBASAUR posted:

Lets take the big stompy robots everybody has a hard time killing, and then give them AA so they have even less hard counters except D weapons.

35pts for 2 autocannon shots isn't very good. Dudecrawlers do the job cheaper and arguably better.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

It's a pain for Harpies/Hive Crones, sure, but if two S7 AP4 shots are going to undo you I think you might have other issues. Without ranged D weapons they're still not all that threatening, though they look cool.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Ghost Hand, post the eye on that thing.

While it was WIP.

Close up while I was painting it.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Knights are pretty cool but I'm looking forward to the new Eldar Codex next year after 8th cones out.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Ghost Hand posted:

While it was WIP.

Close up while I was painting it.

Looks awesome. And terrifying. The metal monstrosity is constantly watching you with it's junk.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
I really like the Thunderstrike Gauntlet. Knight is about to backhand a Riptide.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
The Thunderstrike is garbage. "Oh, let me maybe make a single S6 attack against someone over there instead of swinging at I4 all the time before fists and meltabombs swing and pay for the privilege!"

It's cool having not template knights though. 12 shot S6 AP3 can solve problems along with a stubber to charge something else and a bonus nachos heavy flamer to clean out some hordes.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Naramyth posted:

The Thunderstrike is garbage. "Oh, let me maybe make a single S6 attack against someone over there instead of swinging at I4 all the time before fists and meltabombs swing and pay for the privilege!"

I just meant it looks cool.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I wonder how expensive the gauntlets will be on the bits market, because I really want one for my existing knight. Hurl fits the theme really well.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Gonna need to mode it so the gauntlet is holding the chainsword.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Gonna need to mode it so the gauntlet is holding the chainsword.

What if you model it to be a Super Heavy Walker sized Chainfist?

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

drgnvale posted:

I wonder how expensive the gauntlets will be on the bits market, because I really want one for my existing knight. Hurl fits the theme really well.

Do we know if they're going to release this as a single, more expensive knight kit with every option, or as knight A and knight B boxes, or keep the knight box and release this as an upgrade kit?

It will probably be a more expensive knight kit with every option. :saddowns:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Teaser for next week is Lords of Mars. gently caress knights time for real robots.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
No crotch armament is a real disappointment.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Squifferific posted:

Do we know if they're going to release this as a single, more expensive knight kit with every option, or as knight A and knight B boxes, or keep the knight box and release this as an upgrade kit?

It will probably be a more expensive knight kit with every option. :saddowns:

It will almost certainly be the two kits in one. GW is allergic to conversions nowdays.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
I would just like to point out that despite Knights getting a new codex, there is still no clarification on how the ion shield works against Barrage and Vector Strike.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Kaza42 posted:

I would just like to point out that despite Knights getting a new codex, there is still no clarification on how the ion shield works against Barrage and Vector Strike.

GW doesn't give a poo poo about stuff like that.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

DO IT TO IT posted:

GW doesn't give a poo poo about stuff like that.

Maybe if you spent less time bitching about corner case rules and more time buying models and codexes you would be happier. The new Eldar CODEX Would Be perfect. Make sure you get the 2015 one!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Big Willy Style posted:

No crotch armament is a real disappointment.
Gotta save something for the next Orks release:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

I really like the Thunderstrike Gauntlet. Knight is about to backhand a Riptide.

I once had a Riptide WIN a combat with a knight.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Right now, terrible people are arguing on Warseer that Wave Serpents benefit from the Aspect Warrior detachment +1 BS rule.

The worst part is that as per the main rulebook entry about units without a battlefield role, they may be right.

Boon fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 28, 2015

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.

BULBASAUR posted:

Yep. As does the Falchion. It's the cheapest way to get a ranged D weapon into your space marine army.

... at ~500 points

I believe it was Ice Cube who once said "Big Ds in yo mouf is bad fo yo healf." I believe this holds true to this day.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So I am trying to come up with a list for my next tournament which will be at 1500. As usual, trying to make a balanced force. No Super Heavy, Gargs, or LoW.

Headquarters
Tigurius - 165

So, this will be my third time taking time. I also have Captains and normal Librarians available. In addition, I have Calgar, Pedro Kantor, Cassius, and 2x Chaplains one with a jump pack and one without. Really Tigurius has been so good I have had no reason to take anyone else, but if someone has a plan that makes bringing someone else useful I'd be all ears.

Elite
5x Assault Terminators - 3 THs and 2 Lightning Claws - 215

Troops
10x Tacticals w/ Combi, Melta, Melta-Bombs and Rhino - 200
10x Tacticals w/ Combi, Plasma, Melta-Bombs and Rhino - 205
10x Tacticals w/ Combi, Flamer, Melta- Bombs and Rhino - 195

Fast Attack
10x Assault Marines w/ Bolt Pistols and Chainswords. Powerfist and Plasma Pistol on Sergeant (Mainly cause of WYSIWYG, he came modeled that way) - 215

Heavy Support
Land Raider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta - 250
Whirlwind Missile Battery - 65

1490 Total

Now that I own 5 Pods I am wondering if a drop pod list might be more viable.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 28, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

Vanguads or rangers. Whats best?

Vanguards are cheaper and better in close combat. Rangers have an arguably better gun and move through cover. I don't think one really wins over the other: vanguards are slightly better with the plasma and arc weapons because the ranges are similar, rangers are better with the sniper rifle thingies for the same reason.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Vanguads or rangers. Whats best?

They're actually very close. Vanguard are probably "better" by virtue of getting the same special weapons and being a bit cheaper while having some utility against heavy targets like Monstrous Creatures- however, Rangers are very good at picking off special/heavy weapons in enemy squads and are very good at standing at 30" where most people can't shoot them, making them less suicidal than Vanguard.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The Dark Star GT is this weekend and you're allowed two detachments, first one must be a CAD or Codex Detachment, second can be a second CAD, Codex Detach (if first is a CAD), formation, or allied detachment. No Forgeworld is allowed.

I'm trying to decide between two lists:

Leviathan plus Knight
3 flyrants, 2 crones, devour gaunt bomb in Tyrannocite, zoanthrope, two venomthropes, large squad of regular gaunts, a couple mucolids and a Knight Paladin.

Or

Two CADs
4 Flyrants, 2 crones, devour gaunt bomb, 3 mucolids, zoey and two venoms, exocrine.

It's a tough decision. The knight brings a lot to the table, but four flyrants does open me up a lot.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Squifferific posted:

Looks awesome. And terrifying. The metal monstrosity is constantly watching you with it's junk.

The ol' "crotch eye"... if I had a nickel for every time...

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

AbusePuppy posted:

They're actually very close. Vanguard are probably "better" by virtue of getting the same special weapons and being a bit cheaper while having some utility against heavy targets like Monstrous Creatures- however, Rangers are very good at picking off special/heavy weapons in enemy squads and are very good at standing at 30" where most people can't shoot them, making them less suicidal than Vanguard.

gently caress it. 2x10 vanguards with 3 arc rifles and 2x5 rangers with 2 longrifles.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SRM posted:

Gotta save something for the next Orks release:

That thing was like $600 in early 1990s money. Can't imagine what they would charge now for it

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Ahahahaha how gloriously ridiculous. Is that an old-style gargant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Our local gaming group is having a disagreement regarding Daemonology Malefic.

One camp believes that if you refer to page 28 in the BRB, Demonology is afforded to all non Tyranid codices, unless otherwise stated.

So for example, Inquisitors and Farseers can hypothetically take Daemonology Malefic, because it is not stated that they cannot.

However, others believe that Farseers, for example can't take Malefic powers because their entry states they can take powers from certain disciplines that do not include Malefic.

Because Malefic isn't explicitly excluded on these entries, are they allowed or disallowed from taking Malefic?

• Locked thread