Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ron Funches' shirt is just the best and it suits him so well :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
He's killing it tonight. Never heard of him before, does he do standup?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
All I found were dicks. 10/10 would explore again.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ron Funches is a big ol wrestlin nerd too :allears:

SHOCKMASTER

He did show up for an episode of @midnight in a Ric Flair robe and a custom made @midnight championship belt.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FELD1 posted:

He's killing it tonight. Never heard of him before, does he do standup?

He does. He's also on a show called Battle Creek (with Dean Winters, who owns).

I enjoyed Rhyse today, he was on fire with the Larry King thing. And I'm always glad to see Kyle Kinane.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I enjoyed Rhyse today, he was on fire with the Larry King thing. And I'm always glad to see Kyle Kinane.

Who the gently caress cares? might be one of the jokes that made me laugh the hardest on this show. It was just so on point.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do they all just look alike to you? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1787422/?ref_=tt_cl_t4 vs http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3236733/?ref_=tt_cl_t4

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jeez, I feel bad now.

swickles posted:

Who the gently caress cares? might be one of the jokes that made me laugh the hardest on this show. It was just so on point.

I agree with you? Not sure what the problem is here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's quoting the joke "Who the gently caress cares?"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh drat, one of the contestants tonight is a fan who won some contest to be on the show. And he's actually pretty funny so far.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh drat, one of the contestants tonight is a fan who won some contest to be on the show. And he's actually pretty funny so far.

Yea was kinda worried it was gonna be just 'look at this wacky dude' but hey, good job random Austin bartender, you're pretty funny!

Also guys read Tom's wiki page.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tit!
It's!
Tit!

e: New guy won! I wouldn't mind him being at least a semi-regular on the show, honestly.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 26, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
New guy crushed it, good job new guy. Always nice when these kinds of things actually find funny dudes.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dammit, they reverted Tom's wiki entry.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea was kinda worried it was gonna be just 'look at this wacky dude' but hey, good job random Austin bartender, you're pretty funny!

Chris Cubas has been on Doug Benson's "Doug Loves Movies" podcast a few times and actually does stand-up, so he's not completely some rando off the internet. A smart move by Hardwick, because that could have ended up a complete trainwreck if they just got some "funny on twitter" person and put them on TV.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ChickenMedium posted:

Chris Cubas has been on Doug Benson's "Doug Loves Movies" podcast a few times and actually does stand-up, so he's not completely some rando off the internet. A smart move by Hardwick, because that could have ended up a complete trainwreck if they just got some "funny on twitter" person and put them on TV.

Did not know that, I figured when a bartender from Austin says he does comedy that means he hits open mic nights and all (nothing against that of course). Yea, smart move to get him then, you do legitimately get a fan who is funny but still have a cushion to prevent some dumb goon who made one funny tweet getting awkward and weird.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jeff Ross looks so loving weird bald like that :stare:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Did not know that, I figured when a bartender from Austin says he does comedy that means he hits open mic nights and all (nothing against that of course). Yea, smart move to get him then, you do legitimately get a fan who is funny but still have a cushion to prevent some dumb goon who made one funny tweet getting awkward and weird.

Well, to be fair it looks like you have to be consistently funny rather than fire off a single joke.

edit: Also I just saw Jeff Ross a few weeks ago doing stand up, so its cool to see him so quickly after seeing him live.

double edit: huh, the extended version is already on the website.

edit the 3rd: haha, I am the first to watch it!

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 27, 2015

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Chris Cubas looks like Ron Funches mated with Mick Foley.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Bonk posted:

Chris Cubas looks like Ron Funches mated with Mick Foley.

While Reggie Watts watched.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, that preacher knocking down his congregation with invisible force powers had me dying laughing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Best contestant last words.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Once again Kristen Schaal is fabulously attired.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
So I noticed this on the episode with Pete Holmes and Matt McCarthy from a week or so ago and it's driving me crazy because I appear to be the only person in the world who noticed it. At one point during the episode, they are talking about the Hulk and Pete Holmes says something to the effect of "You'll notice his pants don't tear away", implying Hulk is mad because he has a small penis. A few days later I was listening to Matt McCarthy's album on spotify (not particularly funny, wouldn't reccomend it) and he makes the exact same joke. That album was apparently from 2010. Did Pete Holmes jack one of his jokes right in front of him on tv?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
It's not a new joke about the Hulk by any means. I recall essentially the same joke from a freakin' Mad magazine cartoon from maybe 10 or 12 years ago, and I'm 50/50 that it may have been just a reprinted gag from when the TV show was on or something like that.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ Agreed, it's certainly not the most original joke in the world. It just came accross to me as kind of a dick move since they've known each other and worked together for years.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

^^^ Agreed, it's certainly not the most original joke in the world. It just came accross to me as kind of a dick move since they've known each other and worked together for years.

It's more that it's such a common joke and has been for so long that no one who made it in 2010 has any claim of ownership to it. It's also one of those things that a million people have come up with independently, like the whole "who will build the wall to keep the illegals out" thing.

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
Thanks for clearing that up. That was the first time I had ever heard the joke, wasn't aware it was so ubiquitous. Now I can resume liking Pete Holmes!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hulk pants jokes are about five seconds younger than the character.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I remember hearing the joke several times as a little kid and not understanding it. Then hearing it again as a teenager and having one of those "OOOOOHHHH" moments. I just assumed you boys were like my Ken dolls when I was little.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Didn't know Eddie Izzard was going to be on the show (as I haven't paid anywhere near as much attention to the show lately as I used to) and I found out when it was too late.

Gonna have to catch that one on demand, because Eddie's hilarious.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't know Eddie Izzard was going to be on the show (as I haven't paid anywhere near as much attention to the show lately as I used to) and I found out when it was too late.

Gonna have to catch that one on demand, because Eddie's hilarious.

He was fabulous.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Kevin Pollack was also great, which was cool because I only really know him from The Usual Suspects.

Mythias
Jun 5, 2003

"I don't know if bestiality is illegal (it should be), but if so, I was underage at the time and I'm sure
I used to hear Kevin Pollack all the time on the Bob and Tom Show. He's a really gifted impressionist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
WHY IS THAT CAGED BIRD SINGING?!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm glad that getting both hosts of harmontown (and the incredible heather anne campbell) paid such great dividends

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Upcoming guests:

June 9th:
Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy & Bill Corbett!

interesting

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

PassTheRemote posted:

Upcoming guests:

June 9th:

interesting

:wow:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Got tickets to Wednesday's show! Natasha Leggero, Tom Lennon, and Doug Benson. That's basically the @midnight all stars, minus Funches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PassTheRemote posted:

Upcoming guests:

June 9th:

interesting

That is a dream panel.

Edit: Also, you pretty much hit the jackpot, Narcissus. That'll be a fun show.

• Locked thread