Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That dedede v wolf grand finals was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Finally Goku is in Smash

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Finally... Sakurai will allow us to Test Our Might.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Man I haven't updated yet and I have a load of N64/Melee/Brawl stages to upload.

And I was gonna be clever and make a mini World 1-1 overground and 1-2 underground you could move between before I gave up.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free
is it just Mewtwo tomorrow or is Lucas coming too?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Lucas is coming in June.

MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
My roommate and I wanted to take the Smash Ballot seriously, put in more effort than just screaming "NARUTU 4 SMASH!!1" ya know? So, 11 hours of raw footage and an entire weekend spent editing later and I'm proud to present our pitch for Wonder Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfGiS1-8AA

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Is it common to get friend request over Smash? I got 2 in 3 days since I tried for glory.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

MithosKuu posted:

My roommate and I wanted to take the Smash Ballot seriously, put in more effort than just screaming "NARUTU 4 SMASH!!1" ya know? So, 11 hours of raw footage and an entire weekend spent editing later and I'm proud to present our pitch for Wonder Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfGiS1-8AA

You are doing Wonderful things, sir.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Custom music hacks are apparently a thing on the 3DS version.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

Glad to see video editing and microphones are still a secret art to some people.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait for modders to ruin Smashville by adding non-Animal Crossing music to it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I used to play as Roy back in the heady days of Melee so I'd love to have him back.

I know next to nothing about advanced smash play, I only ever throw in the occasional dodge or shield for variety.

If all I wanted was a character all about strong smash (normal attacks? The A button ones) attacks who should I learn to play as? Roy used to have a ridiculous forward smash that I used 100% more than of his special attacks.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bowser.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

I used to play as Roy back in the heady days of Melee so I'd love to have him back.

I know next to nothing about advanced smash play, I only ever throw in the occasional dodge or shield for variety.

If all I wanted was a character all about strong smash (normal attacks? The A button ones) attacks who should I learn to play as? Roy used to have a ridiculous forward smash that I used 100% more than of his special attacks.
Ike. If you liked Roy, play Ike. I know this because I liked Roy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Roy definitely belongs in smash bros.

Oh wait you meant that other guy. :cheeky:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Little Mac.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Zaphod42 posted:

:geno: thanks zaphod

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Mewtwo still isn't on the eShop :colbert:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Roy's not even the coolest koopaling, he's like third at best.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

F. Lobot posted:

Give it another 25 minutes or so.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mabels big day posted:

Roy's not even the coolest koopaling, he's like third at best.

Oh sure, Ludwig and Iggy for lyfe.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

F. Lobot posted:

Are you sure? Cause I have him now.

Admittedly, I'm in Europe and bought Mewtwo through SSB 3DS's shop, but...

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ike. If you liked Roy, play Ike. I know this because I liked Roy.

Cheers. I'm getting used to him and Little Mac and definitely getting back into the swing of things.

Is there a quick and dirty online guide that just lists what each characters special moves are?

The Smash wiki pages seem to give each special move its own page and goes WAY too indepth for a novice like myself. Literally all I'm looking for is figuring out what moves are counters, which are reflectors, which are unique (I'm baffled by Olimar, still) and require special knowledge.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Cheers. I'm getting used to him and Little Mac and definitely getting back into the swing of things.

Is there a quick and dirty online guide that just lists what each characters special moves are?

The Smash wiki pages seem to give each special move its own page and goes WAY too indepth for a novice like myself. Literally all I'm looking for is figuring out what moves are counters, which are reflectors, which are unique (I'm baffled by Olimar, still) and require special knowledge.
Play random characters for a while, then look up any moves you don't know either in the instruction book (which lists all special moves) or on someplace like Smash Boards.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Neutral b- close enough to old Roy's except the explosion is around Ike and not in front.

Side b- a chargeable dash attack. Hold it longer to go farther.

Up b- your recovery, has superarmor frames.

Down-b - counter

You can also just go into practice mode for like 2 seconds and press a few buttons per character which would be just as fast as reading.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Here's a good start: Mario's standard special (neutral b) is a fire ball projectile. The rest is up to you my friend.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Play random characters for a while, then look up any moves you don't know either in the instruction book (which lists all special moves) or on someplace like Smash Boards.

I always forget the manual! Thanks for the tip, that'll help alleviate some of my dumbfoundedness.

I used to play melee all the time but basically skipped Brawl outside of a few matches here and there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

I always forget the manual! Thanks for the tip, that'll help alleviate some of my dumbfoundedness.

I used to play melee all the time but basically skipped Brawl outside of a few matches here and there.
Youtube video guides to individual characters are also useful for figuring out the basics of how attacks and specials work, where they hit, etc.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Forget your silly targets and platforms, what we all need is a race to the finish (or you know, one that I can actually select instead of hoping it appears at the end of smash run)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

at some point you're gonna have to play the game so you might as well do that

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Update: Mewtwo is now available is eShop if you want to download it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Chimera-gui posted:

Update: Mewtwo is now available is eShop if you want to download it.

Ahem, please don't refer to Mewtwo as an "it", say "him".

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Lmao!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my favorite koopaling is Larry Koopa

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I got trashed by a Mewtwo last night and it was a pleasure. The character model is nice and big and his moves have that nice "u are beneath me" flair.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All of his best moves being ones that use his tail is kind of weird.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharrrk posted:

my favorite koopaling is Larry Koopa

Morton Jr is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Guy A. Person posted:

Ahem, please don't refer to Mewtwo as an "it", say "him".

You might want to forward that to Sakurai....as Mewtwo is called 'it' in game.

• Locked thread