Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Psion posted:

hey tripwire guys,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gc7Jj3aLKA

please make it so I can actually use a pod instead of wasting my once-per-wave resupplies from a support with Supplier when we're all at the pod. as you can see I'm right up in the pod's normal range, push E: I resupply from one support, then the next, then the pod. that's the exact opposite of what I want that button to do at that time. This is very frustrating :(

Or have the resupply reset at the start of the new round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I guess the blood ramp room gets a lot more mean when you are not playing normal :shobon: On baby mode while if you're an idiot who doesn't look behind you it can be bad, the waves are manageable enough because of them getting split up across so many doors reduces them to bite sized chunks instead of a death wall (of course, even on normal you get two FPs with two Sirens behing them coming out of the same door). I expect the bigger waves full of bigger enemies on higher difficulties turns that into a complete clusterfuck instead.

One of the times I've lived through Hans's defeat with pubbies was also in that room oddly enough, though of course my closest call was trying and failing to get over the railing three loving times.

Welding doors does feel like a complete waste of time except to temporarily delay weak trash. If you weld and stay, it will not last long and reinforcing is a waste due to door health. If you weld and run, the Zeds will just teleport so all you accomplished is a locked door blocking you left behind if you need to go back other way in a hurry...

Or they can just teleport behind you AS YOU ARE WELDING THE loving DOOR. "There, I made it outside. I see those husks and crawlers down the hall. Shut door, weld doo-I appear to be on fire... Oh, they husks are now entering the map from the top of a wall to my left and taking shots at me while standing on it." I haven't touched my welder since then except to unweld doors people shut and seal on me when they are looking right at me 2 feet short of the door.

On the other hand, if you are down to one or two zeds at the end of a wave and are all done scrounging, full health, armor, and ammo, it's like they will never teleport closer to you.

Saint Freak posted:

When someone says they're low on ammo, one of the woman's responses is "Well you should have brought more :geno:"

On the other hand, when you health needle her she asks if you got any more.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 28, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inside Out Mom posted:

I like that idea. Simple, straightforward, solves the problem.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
when does the doom2 map come out

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

Pioneer42 posted:

when does the doom2 map come out

Give me this and 420 ganja farm reweeded. It was actually a nice little map with rain and a small pond

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I could probably make Knee-Deep in the Dead in about two hours. I think I know that map from memory.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Inside Out Mom posted:

This is my preferred solution as well, make the resupply refresh as the trader closes, not when it opens. It even makes more real-world sense that way, how does the Support dude fill is pack up before he gets to the trader? This would have the added benefit of letting everyone save a little bit of cash every round, and everyone gets the bonus XP from using the resupply perk. Win-win-win IMO.

e: Also throwing out there again it would be really cool to have a backpack model appear on Supports who have the Resupply perk, something like that one soldier DLC (Red Orchestra?) from KF1. Right now it's really hard to read player names so even if you know someone has the perk it can still be a bitch to actually find them in the field. Having a big visual like that would help a lot.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 28, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

I could probably make Knee-Deep in the Dead in about two hours. I think I know that map from memory.

Knee Deep in the Dead is the entire first episode, not one level. :v: Hangar (e1m1) wouldn't make a good KF map because it's essentially one corridor. If you wanted to adapt one map from episode 1, any of e1m2, e1m3, e1m4, e1m5, e1m7 or e1m9 would work pretty great with nearly zero alterations (you'd want to add connecting passages between adjacent sections of the map that normally aren't connected, that's about it).

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
~Goon Floor 2~ has been changed back to Hard/Long. Password is back up and it's lljk.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

He circled scrakes and fp's. With scrakes it's safe to run past their left arm typically. Don't run by the chainsaw arm. We also had a good medic. Everyone was perk level 18+ We were holding out in the safest spot in probably any map which is the trucks outside on Outpost.

e. wave 7/7 with 40 zeds left on HOE. Good zerk and medic, two supports and a commando. I think when we all get to 25 we'll get HOE on a regular basis.

Circling FPs? Huh I'll have to experiment with that, I know about the scrake circling thing.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Doom e1 has the best level design in the history of architecture so you could use any of them for a map.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Any idea when we can we expect to see :flame:?

Enquiring minds need to know.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Knee Deep in the Dead is the entire first episode, not one level. :v: Hangar (e1m1) wouldn't make a good KF map because it's essentially one corridor. If you wanted to adapt one map from episode 1, any of e1m2, e1m3, e1m4, e1m5, e1m7 or e1m9 would work pretty great with nearly zero alterations (you'd want to add connecting passages between adjacent sections of the map that normally aren't connected, that's about it).

Whaaaaaaaatever

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yes but I distinctly remember E1M1 (Hangar) being a popular map in KF1.

Because it is basically a single corridor in a U shape, with another room connected to it (that zeds spawned in) you had three places zeds would spawn and funnel to the players. Or you could go outside and have them funnel out there. Either way it is a fun map for mindless zed shooting and is how I got my Sharpshooter perk to level 6.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Can any resident gun nuts explain to me what the attachments next to the barrel of the AA-12 are that aren't flashlights?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
They re-purposed the map Hedgehog from Red Orchestra into KF1 as Farm. You know what you must do Tripwire. The one map anyone played.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Linx posted:

Can any resident gun nuts explain to me what the attachments next to the barrel of the AA-12 are that aren't flashlights?

One's probably a non working flashlight, the other is probably a nonworking laser. Keep in mind there are other gun models in the game that have no functionality to their attachments.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Linx posted:

Broken flashlights :v:. I guess theoretically they could also be laser sights or infrared lights, but most likely it's just an oversight.

Anyways, no matter how much it kills my performance, I'll never go back to having only 5 corpses at a time :stare::

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Skoll posted:

One's probably a non working flashlight, the other is probably a nonworking laser. Keep in mind there are other gun models in the game that have no functionality to their attachments.

drat. I hope they end up implementing it, I was pretty disappointed when I went to turn on the flashlight and switched to my pistol :smith:

Perestroika posted:

Broken flashlights :v:. I guess theoretically they could also be laser sights or infrared lights, but most likely it's just an oversight.

Anyways, no matter how much it kills my performance, I'll never go back to having only 5 corpses at a time :stare::

For anyone wanting to mess about with this, you're looking for "MaxDeadBodies=*" in KFGame.ini

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Saint Freak posted:

They re-purposed the map Hedgehog from Red Orchestra into KF1 as Farm. You know what you must do Tripwire. The one map anyone played.

I didn't even know how badly I wanted to play RO-Danzig in Killing Floor 2 but now I'm actually upset that I can't play it right now :(

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

What is everyone running their max dead at? I'm at 100 with a single 660ti SC and havent seen any issues. I wonder if I should crank it up some more.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I decided to give KF1 another go since I hadn't played it in a while and now I'm convinced Gunslinger can't come soon enough because akimbo weapons are super fun.

e: Also I found the old Hotline Miami soundtrack mod and updated it with some tracks from HLM2 and it's a pretty great way to play Killing Floor.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 28, 2015

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm running 8 gb ram, i5 2500k, and a gtx 970 but when I crank up body count my fps starts dropping pretty hard :sigh: I am running everything maxed though

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
^Turn off realtime reflections, it hits your card harder than anything else

Whale Cancer posted:

What is everyone running their max dead at? I'm at 100 with a single 660ti SC and havent seen any issues. I wonder if I should crank it up some more.

I have a 770 and it starts to chug past 70ish at ultra character detail. Try grouping a bunch of dead bodies at the big outside landing in Outpost for a good stress test

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did that last patch give Hans a new attack? Never noticed it till today, usually in melee range he kicks, he jumps at you or sort of slashes, this time he did one where he stands still and sort of flails his hands around, does a ton of damage.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Painful Newbie lessons. If you shoot the heads of four gorefasts in zed time while trying to escape, sometimes they all decide to remain standing and flailing their arm forming an impenetrable wall for the next five seconds it takes you die as the rest of the horde catch up :doh:

EDIT: Trying to melee bashing my way through the decapitated bodies didn't amount to much either :v: What I get for being a commando instead of mister boomstick.

Teleport edit: "Last clot is two feet behind me. Run inside this french building, run up the short stairs right next to the door and-oh look he's already at the top of the stairs waiting for me :allears:"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 28, 2015

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I'm trying to level up something besides zerker. I'm still pretty low lvl, 11 on zerker, so I'm going to give commando a shot. Support with shotties does look really fun though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Whale Cancer posted:

I'm trying to level up something besides zerker. I'm still pretty low lvl, 11 on zerker, so I'm going to give commando a shot. Support with shotties does look really fun though.

If you don't care which class you're leveling, I would level up support or field medic instead; Commando is kind of underwhelming? Like, it can be kinda neat, but ehhhhh. Support owns (shotguns own) and field medic is super useful and well-rounded.

Support will be really rough until you get at least a couple levels of shotgun penetration though, so stick with it for a while if you go down that route. I hated it at level 0 but it becomes fun as hell at like, 4, and only gets better. This is completely due to shotgun blasts being able to carve through an entire line of clots in one shot at that point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Whale Cancer posted:

Support is great and you'll even be more durable than a zerk.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Support is great and you'll even be more durable than a zerk.

This can be said for every class that isn't berserker :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

Yeah. Berserker is fun as hell, but it really gets screwed in the skills department. The speed bonus also only applies when you've got a melee weapon out.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggington posted:

Sad but true, my friend just got to level 10 support and is now rocking a 150 health. :stare:

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Zerkers should get the best health and armour boosts since everything is up close and personal.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Whale Cancer posted:

Zerkers should get the best health and armour boosts since everything is up close and personal.

They should get at least 30% damage resistance at 25 and the support health boost.

I get why tripwire didn't give the perk much to start with since it was easily the most OP one in KF1, but right now you can't even do your job well because one false parry gets you shredded

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
IMO Zerker really, REALLY needs some bloat vomit resistance. Even if it just minimizes the "vomit on screen" time, it needs to happen. Bloats are my number one problem as a zerker.

A support with a katana, or better yet a medic with a katana are far better for stun parrying scrakes and what not.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Ruggington posted:

They should get at least 30% damage resistance at 25 and the support health boost.

I get why tripwire didn't give the perk much to start with since it was easily the most OP one in KF1, but right now you can't even do your job well because one false parry gets you shredded

That, and even if you get your parry, you've got time for one solid swing. Support can run up with an AA-12, stagger with a basic melee attack, and then unload without having to worry about potentially screwing up a series of parries.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I did some tooling around on HoE and yea, the damage you take being at melee range is really high, unless you have a pocket medic you aren't going to last very long and yea, you can't gently caress up parries at all in HoE or you're dead against any of the big zeds.

quote:

IMO Zerker really, REALLY needs some bloat vomit resistance. Even if it just minimizes the "vomit on screen" time, it needs to happen. Bloats are my number one problem as a zerker.

A support with a katana, or better yet a medic with a katana are far better for stun parrying scrakes and what not.

Bloat does 39 damage in HoE, and he can rapid fire 2 pukes if he feels like it, that's absurd damage in the blink of any eye.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I appreciate the spirit of wanting to make Berserkers more skill-based and less mindless than they were in KF1 but they do seem a lil weak yeah - If only because their skills are mostly no good at all. The first tier has nightvision for one choice and the other choice is a skill that from what I've heard doesn't seem to have any real effect.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So with my computer specs I'm kinda surprised I get dips into the upper 40s/low 50s FPS when action gets intense on all settings maxed. I have a gtx 970, a i5 2500 k, and 8 GBs ram. Is a 970 really not able to handle this game fully maxed out or is it time to get a new processor and more ram and I should be good?

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Geight posted:

I appreciate the spirit of wanting to make Berserkers more skill-based and less mindless than they were in KF1 but they do seem a lil weak yeah - If only because their skills are mostly no good at all. The first tier has nightvision for one choice and the other choice is a skill that from what I've heard doesn't seem to have any real effect.

The last tier of skills look good, but everything else, save for the one that makes you immune to clot grabs, is really bad. Clot grab immunity is fantastic, but it doesn't make up for the uselessness of everything else. I didn't play KF1, so I can't make any comparisons, but it seems like here, even if you play relatively skillfully, you don't have much that lets you capitalize on said play. Maybe a skill that applies a damage buff following a successful parry would be good?