Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
After playing some 200cc Mario Kart... I'm not really a fan of it. It's great fun on some courses, but the ones with tight cornering simply aren't balanced for it and you're straight-up hosed on U-Turns with heavier Kart builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Now that you mention it I really want a RC Mario Kart game.

Bring back the R.C. Pro-Am IP.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

I went on Miiverse today and I guess Xenoblade is out in Japan already

It's been out for days, if you did a pre-order and live in the US it's here already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

After playing some 200cc Mario Kart... I'm not really a fan of it. It's great fun on some courses, but the ones with tight cornering simply aren't balanced for it and you're straight-up hosed on U-Turns with heavier Kart builds.

Brake while drifting and you can handle any turn even with heavy builds.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mercury Crusader posted:

Bring back the R.C. Pro-Am IP.

That's not how you spell Rock n Roll Racing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can brake while drifting?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

greatn posted:

You can brake while drifting?

Yep! You have to be careful though. If you hold the brake for too long you'll lose your drift boost and then you have to re-accelerate all over again.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
What's the intended use for the SD card reader on the Wii U itself? All I know for sure is that an SD card is required for saving photos in Smash Bros. for some reason. I'm assuming you can't actually use it for game storage like with 3DS.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

jivjov posted:

Get an external hard drive with its own wall-plug power supply. this will solve every problem. Only one USB port will be needed, and it's a device designed for the purpose.

I do not have wall plug space next to the Wii U available

Even the gamepad is charging somewhere else.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Minidust posted:

What's the intended use for the SD card reader on the Wii U itself? All I know for sure is that an SD card is required for saving photos in Smash Bros. for some reason. I'm assuming you can't actually use it for game storage like with 3DS.

I think the only non-Smash use for it is for Wii mode compatibility.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

git gud

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There are a lot of cheap solutions for this you know.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=outlet+splitter

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Then without a power strip or splitter, you're stuck with substandard storage solutions.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my games are stored on discs, which are then stored in cases, which are stored on a shelf where i can display them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oddium posted:

my games are stored on discs, which are then stored in cases, which are stored on a shelf where i can display them

the shelf is up your rear end

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sorry for your one and only outlet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

elf help book posted:

elf help book no

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

elf help book posted:

At least it's not up his taint. That would really be bad

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have power strips guys. I have multiple things plugged in to the one the Wii U uses. Like do you only own a Wii U + TV

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Double post

Bayonetta for smashbros

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

heck yeah

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Here's video of Xenoblade's character creator:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8

Mostly it seems like it's made for creating horrible anime monstrosities. Disappointingly, there's no face proportion sliders to be found, only a few preset faces, so those doll-like eyes aren't going anywhere, although it seems like the men get off a bit better than women and have some faces that look mostly human. On the other hand, you can choose extremely silly skin and hair colors, and there's a huge variety of dumb facepaint to put on.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I have power strips guys. I have multiple things plugged in to the one the Wii U uses. Like do you only own a Wii U + TV

I have my gamepad charging next to the console and not in the bathroom.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Maybe get another power strip? :shrug:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

we all love to Crack Jokes but honestly a wii u gamepad charger in the bathroom........

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Have you considered looking for a more efficient power strip that spaces plugs out so that large AC adapters don't block additional plugs? That or a strip with more plugs in general. I am not trying to be rude. It's just that this is your only option without adding more electrical wiring in your house so that you can install an additional wall outlet.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

is there something wrong with using a Y-cable other than just taking up both USB slots and maybe degrading the drive a little faster

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I had a problem similar to this once upon a time, then I got another power strip. The fire marshal hates me but eh, gamers gotta game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Xavier434 posted:

Have you considered looking for a more efficient power strip that spaces plugs out so that large AC adapters don't block additional plugs? That or a strip with more plugs in general. I am not trying to be rude. It's just that this is your only option without adding more electrical wiring in your house so that you can install an additional wall outlet.

I could, but there are about 6 things hooked up to this current power strip. It's not a big deal because the gamepad is still charging in the living room just next to the couch instead of the console which actually works out a lot better. I honestly could make the space if I needed to but I have an old HDD with Y cable so why bother.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Amppelix posted:

Here's video of Xenoblade's character creator:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLj1VR01G8

Mostly it seems like it's made for creating horrible anime monstrosities. Disappointingly, there's no face proportion sliders to be found, only a few preset faces, so those doll-like eyes aren't going anywhere, although it seems like the men get off a bit better than women and have some faces that look mostly human. On the other hand, you can choose extremely silly skin and hair colors, and there's a huge variety of dumb facepaint to put on.

It's just a more advanced Monster Hunter Character Creator. Not up to Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls or Bethesda level but it's acceptable.

also why are you expecting a character creator for an anime game to not make anime characters? Like the Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade games have always been anime.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Fungah! posted:

is there something wrong with using a Y-cable other than just taking up both USB slots and maybe degrading the drive a little faster

I've never had a problem using one with my Wii U.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Amppelix posted:

I am not even sure if this will allow for monstrosities. Those usually get created thanks to sliders that allow the player to exaggerate proportions all over the place. This creator appears to limit the player to selecting a bunch of presets for a select number of body parts/features.

Black Desert's character creator makes this thing look like it is over a decade old. I don't personally mind though since the character skins do not look all that great to begin with.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 28, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's Nice that Nintendo is rivaling NIS for games with the most anime in them.

They have even put ATLUS to shame.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

The equipment is shaping up to look good at least

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SeANMcBAY posted:

I refuse to brake on 200cc. I've been having success with super light karts that have incredibly high handling and acceleration stats.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Electric Phantasm posted:

The equipment is shaping up to look good at least

Get the eyepatch from the quest and you can make Big Boss/Solid snake.

like there's a hairstyle and headband for it too. I'm sure it's intentional. You can also make a passable Raiden.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

can I use a sword instead of a gun?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's Nice that Nintendo is rivaling NIS for games with the most anime in them.

They have even put ATLUS to shame.

You did see the SMT x FE game, didn't you?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

u can use fists, mechs, and other things similar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

mabels big day posted:

Yes. Different classes will have access to different weapons including sci fi style blades and so forth. Think Phantasy Star.

• Locked thread