Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

wall monitor posted:

:getin:

I didn't realize it was so soon!

Here's a TouchArcade preview from a month back. It's looking real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Don't tease the octopus kids!
What do you guys think of the final fantasy remakes? I know they're expensive as poo poo and the graphics changes don't do it for some, but they're classic FF games with plenty of game play and no IAPs.

I also quite like clash of clans for social strategy I'd you're patient and find a good clan. Limbo was a pretty good early 2015 release.

Surprised the telltale games studio didn't get more love also. Republique is interesting too.

Kingdom Rush is a lot of fun too if you don't mind grinding for power ups a bit.

Smash Hit is a great infinite runner. Very classy and we'll done with no IAP walls.

Also the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale remakes are legit on a tablet. So is the KOTOR rerelease. Secret of Mana exists on Android as well. Decent RPGish game. Too bad SE's Chrono Trigger remake sucks =(

I'd also include FPse PlayStation emulator because I've been using it for going on half a decade with few issues.

SuperLegacy16 is my go to for SNES goodness. Been using that one for years too.

AbsolutZeroGI fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 28, 2015

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I have one of the FFs on my tablet/phones and it's really good and plays great - I just suspect that I've either outgrown the genre, or can't make enough time to enjoy them like I used to enjoy FF games as a kid on NES, SNES, or my PSX.

I guess they are worth the money however I don't feel any desire to play them on mobile devices. :saddowns:

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

coyo7e posted:

I have one of the FFs on my tablet/phones and it's really good and plays great - I just suspect that I've either outgrown the genre, or can't make enough time to enjoy them like I used to enjoy FF games as a kid on NES, SNES, or my PSX.

I guess they are worth the money however I don't feel any desire to play them on mobile devices. :saddowns:

I've had mixed. I loved FF6 on mobile but I just can't get through FF5. FF4 was good but it was slow. They all play well but yeah I get that too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

AbsolutZeroGI posted:

I've had mixed. I loved FF6 on mobile but I just can't get through FF5. FF4 was good but it was slow. They all play well but yeah I get that too.

Just note that they all require an internet connection in order to play them, so you're screwed if you're on a plane or travelling abroad.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The Amazon version of at least FF6 doesn't, and while it crashed on my first load after updating to Lollipop, it's worked just fine every launch since. (I hadn't updated to Lollipop until a couple weeks ago, otherwise I'd have mentioned it the last time it came up.:()

AbsolutZeroGI
Sep 14, 2013

Drone posted:

Just note that they all require an internet connection in order to play them, so you're screwed if you're on a plane or travelling abroad.

I know that matters to some people, but I'm not one of them. I have a 3ds for a reason =)

Also, I already knew that lol. A lot of games use DRM like that. It's unfortunately one of the few ways to deter pirates

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Double Fine's Broken Age is finally out for Android.

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

Double Fine's Broken Age is finally out for Android.

That's cool! Does that mean they might actually make Act 2?

*furious googling*

Wait... Act 2 was released today? Score.

Honestly didn't expect that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not sure if this is EU only or not but there's a bunch of games on sale right now:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3001557_premiumgamesale

Anyone have recommendations what's worth bothering with?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Biggest human being Ever posted:

Not sure if this is EU only or not but there's a bunch of games on sale right now:

the room 2, limbo, definitely, and need for speed is decent enough for a short blast now and again.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Indeed young fellow or lady I concur that this is thr case and am saddened by not being able to participate in such a sale due to regional restrictions.

LOoks like eu only page will not open for me on play store or browser, even incognito mode doesnt show anything on the page.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 28, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

tater_salad posted:

Looks like you are the biggest human being ever for making me think poo poo was on sale...

Don't do this.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Also rayman and monument valley

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Drone posted:

Don't do this.

Just playing around with the username of the poster.. whilst confirming that it was indeed eu only

Calm down and play dungeon raid.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Whoops.

Wish those games were on sale here, definitely not a US sale.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please do NOT refer to people by their usernames. This is a polite forum.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Less debating on usage of the word human being and more inquiries on non existent good 4x/city builder games

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Nimble Bros, take hold of this market! Rake in bux with a legit city builder... there is such a big hole in the market for one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

rotaryfun posted:

Nimble Bros, take hold of this market! Rake in bux with a legit city builder... there is such a big hole in the market for one.

Yes, this! May your battery usage be low, and your IAP be cosmetic.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Did anyone else just get a Google Play balance boost? I just did a 50 cent survey and my balance is several dollars more than I was expecting.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Did anyone else just get a Google Play balance boost? I just did a 50 cent survey and my balance is several dollars more than I was expecting.

No but I did get a $1 survey today that is directly related to my profession. :tinfoil:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wrasslin' can eat a dick. My goddamn hat won't stay on and I NEED to unlock the next one.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is available in Australia too

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If a movie themed version of Wario Ware or the Dumb Ways To Die game sounds interesting to you, Climax might be worth checking out.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of the first Ys game, Ys Chronicles 1, has eased its way onto the Play Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 29, 2015

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

Len posted:

Wrasslin' can eat a dick. My goddamn hat won't stay on and I NEED to unlock the next one.

Hug a corner and never stop spinning your ams.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

the chaos engine posted:

Hug a corner and never stop spinning your arms.

My father gave me the same advice when I graduated college, and now I own my own staffing company!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Farquar posted:

My father gave me the same advice when I graduated college, and now I own my own staffing company!

Funny, mine did the same thing, and I spend most of my day in a straight jacket. I type with my nose. It gets awkward sometimes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

A port of the first Ys game, Ys Chronicles 1, has eased its way onto the Play Store.

And 5 of my SurveyBucks are gonna be thrown at it!

Lurker Above
Jun 17, 2014
Does anyone know any of the castle secrets in Siralim? So far, I've got:
  • You can recruit an Ale Troll in the castle somewhere. It's probably what inflicts the Buzzed, Drunk, Smashed, and Tipsy statuses.
  • If you summon enough monsters, someone named Slib (after the DWM1 starter slime?) in a hidden room somewhere will give you a new monster.
  • A section of the wall between the enchanter and the blacksmith can be walked through.
  • The potted plant in the upper-right corner of the War Room says "Activated" or "Deactivated" when you talk to it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Halfbrick have a new puzzle game out called Bears vs Art. The game itself is pretty cool but all the F2P stuff kind of ruins it.

Also new Kairosoft: Fish Pond Park.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 30, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Lurker Above posted:

• You can recruit an Ale Troll in the castle somewhere. It's probably what inflicts the Buzzed, Drunk, Smashed, and Tipsy statuses.
  • If you summon enough monsters, someone named Slib (after the DWM1 starter slime?) in a hidden room somewhere will give you a new monster.
  • A section of the wall between the enchanter and the blacksmith can be walked through.
  • The potted plant in the upper-right corner of the War Room says "Activated" or "Deactivated" when you talk to it.

I'm playing the Steam version and only knew about that last one. I wonder what it does.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is on sale on the Play Store for $3 (down from ten).

Also Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga has also popped up on the store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Apr 30, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Lurker Above posted:

Can you link whatever game this is? Sounds interesting.

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

New Leaf posted:

Funny, mine did the same thing, and I spend most of my day in a straight jacket. I type with my nose. It gets awkward sometimes.

Mine did too, and I ended up making Wrassling. Thanks a lot, dad.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Konsek posted:

It doesn't seem to be anywhere I go. Someone told me McDonalds and Toys R Us, so I pop my head through their doors if I pass.

In the 12 months I've been doing it I've earned less than 8 quid.

I got a survey asking me who I'm voting for in the general election a week ago, I wonder which poll it contributes to.

:smith:

This is after about 13 months.

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Apr 30, 2015

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Lurker Above posted:

I guess in the bar is where you'd get an ale troll.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Can you link whatever game this is? Sounds interesting.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=siralim+android

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was spelling it "Sirilam" and getting a bunch of "Siri on Android" pings.. :doh: