Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

No what i'm saying is it doesn't even show up.as a hard drive on my computer at all, no.drag and drop.option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&hl=en

there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Try this - http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117

It should be Samsung's universal usb driver. I think I had to do this with my S4 originally.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'll give it a shot when i get home.

I'm a god dammed luddite.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19X7auAQW_0

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

The Locator posted:

Those are the dumbest loving questions. Can you refuse to answer on the grounds that you aren't a moron?

Also:

Cox cable, $50/mo. More than sufficient for my needs.

Where are you located and what kind of discounts do you have?

I can't put any of my music from my laptop onto my new phone because it's too old to talk to the Samsung installer :eng99:

Do you have a wireless network? If so, there's a few utilities for moving files over network. You could also try putting the phone in USB mass storage instead of MTP.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Yeah I had no idea wtf you were talking about. I assumed some dude that reeked of cigarettes or something. Nice work confusing us and getting out of your parking ticket.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Still doesn't measure up to the original and best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4sEwYmsZf8

The music that comes in right at "Home of Challenge Pissing" is what makes it so perfect IMHO.

Also, topical humor lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We pay $118/month for this plus literally 900 channels including HBO and Showtime and NHL Centre Ice. I'm pretty happy with it

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tusen Takk posted:

We pay $118/month for this plus literally 900 channels including HBO and Showtime and NHL Centre Ice. I'm pretty happy with it

You know HBO has their own streaming service now for $15 a month.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

You know HBO has their own streaming service now for $15 a month.

Yeah, but my wife needs to have all of her channels like TLC and HGTV and A&E and I like to have CBC for the Wings games that get blacked out when they're at home. It's also nice to be able to find some channel that has Law & Order on at 1am no matter what day it is.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mafoose posted:

Where are you located and what kind of discounts do you have?

Do you have a wireless network? If so, there's a few utilities for moving files over network. You could also try putting the phone in USB mass storage instead of MTP.

On the phone itself I have the option for.as a camera, as MTP, or USB3.0 which my laptop doesn't have. Coincidentally mom and dad just asked me if I had want or need for a windows 7 15" laptop and I said sure send it over, they upgraded and don't need it any more. I'll finally be off XP!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I get 6/0.2 (advertised, I'm lucky to see 900k real world) with a 100gb cap for $35/mo and that's about the best I can find without spending a shitload more. Pretty sure you can beat that speed and price with a cell in the US.
And this is in a somewhat central neighborhood of a major city. :canada:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just got 57/12 on my phone. Not too shabby.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

$60 a month for this, or DSL that caps out at around 200 kb/s :sigh:

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
We have 70/30 up/down fiber for 43usd.

I had the best day ever today, i went on a way to hard bike ride where i blew up on the last hills (https://www.strava.com/activities/294164438) and then i picked the boys up from kindergarten, and since my wife is working late i invited my buddy who i had just rode with to bbq. hot dogs for the kids and pork chops and a small steak for each of us. I also shopped some groceries so i can make a nice late night meal when the wife comes home from work.

oh and in car news, tomorrow the tesla gets put on the 21" summer wheels. cant wait to try insane mode with proper tires

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

I'll give it a shot when i get home.

I'm a god dammed luddite.

Go to settings > storage, press the menu button (capacitive button next to the physical home button at the bottom of the screen) and you should get a prompt for "USB computer connection" (or similar.) Press and it will give you a menu where you can check either "media device" or "camera device." It's possible to have neither checked, in which case nothing will happen when you connect to a PC.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NitroSpazzz posted:

Pretty sure the gauges and everything don't work. As nuts as the guy that built this thing is he isn't that nuts. He's holding it for me, I'll check it out Wednesday afternoon. I should be able to get it sent down on a work truck or with one of the guys I race with who does a lot of odd pickup/haul jobs. We'll see.

This guy made his work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmgALMafoBc

I like this one - he just user select bits and interior trims hung on a wood framework:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSwr9WPAa5k

Though his gauges don't work. He appears to have something connect to the AC controls (I'd totally have a blower hooked up just for a little cooling air...)

Here's an idea: this guy used an additional monitor in place of the gauges to show in-game gauges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XRZafo8TI

This is actually the one I was looking for:
http://www.inmygarage.com/admit-it-you-want-this-bmw-e30-driving-simulator/
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=110239

edit: actually, I think these are two different ones. Same idea.
edit2: nah, same one. He swaps in the actual e30 cluster later in the thread.

I would love to build something like this eventually.

On the phone itself I have the option for.as a camera, as MTP, or USB3.0 which my laptop doesn't have. Coincidentally mom and dad just asked me if I had want or need for a windows 7 15" laptop and I said sure send it over, they upgraded and don't need it any more. I'll finally be off XP!

USB 3.0 is backwards-compatible with earlier versions. It just won't be as fast.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 28, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Go to settings > storage, press the menu button (capacitive button next to the physical home button at the bottom of the screen) and you should get a prompt for "USB computer connection" (or similar.) Press and it will give you a menu where you can check either "media device" or "camera device." It's possible to have neither checked, in which case nothing will happen when you connect to a PC.

Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Did you enable android debugging? I think I had to before before my phone showed up on my computer.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The Decline randomly came up in my car playlist. I haven't heard that song for probably 10 years.

I still think punk is good. :colbert:

mariooncrack posted:

Did you enable android debugging? I think I had to before before my phone showed up on my computer.

I think if you touch "About Phone" like 7 times or something it enables developer mode. That gives you more options and menus.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 28, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

Well, yea I dislike large companies taking advantage of it, however, Early Access gave me quite a few good games like Kerbal. I'm willing to let Early Access pass for indie developments.

Still, for every worthwhile early access like Minecraft and Kerbal, you get 100's of piles of poo poo.

I really should do a video walkthrough of my Minecraft "mine". Uusally I have a deep seething hatred for gaming but I dunno, Minecraft is such a cool Lego-like time sink.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Found out that Miatas work pretty well for pulling trees out of the ground :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

Found out that Miatas work pretty well for pulling trees out of the ground :v:

No peg leg burnout?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ha, yeah that happened more to the right until I repositioned the rope so it would "roll" the tree out and moved the car to the left. Put a nice rut in the grass but IDGAF. loving tree was WAY heavier that I thought it would be, I'm a dumbass.

But I was able to drag it across the yard with the Miata most of the way, and roll it the rest of the way to it's new hole :3:

SUCCESS!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

MustardFacial posted:

The Decline randomly came up in my car playlist. I haven't heard that song for probably 10 years.

Punk owns, NOFX owns even harder. The Decline is an awesome song.

I still love "They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!" more than any other live album out there.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just saw a weird three wheeled two seater called The Slingshot on my drive home.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I still love "They've Actually Gotten Worse Live!" more than any other live album out there.

Both of you know what's up. I have never stopped listening to nofx since the fifth grade....poo poo that's a long time now....

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full

Menu not available or option already checked?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

leica posted:

Ha, yeah that happened more to the right until I repositioned the rope so it would "roll" the tree out and moved the car to the left. Put a nice rut in the grass but IDGAF. loving tree was WAY heavier that I thought it would be, I'm a dumbass.

But I was able to drag it across the yard with the Miata most of the way, and roll it the rest of the way to it's new hole :3:

SUCCESS!

That house is so Florida it almost hurts.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just saw a weird three wheeled two seater called The Slingshot on my drive home.

It's an ecotec powered "motorcycle" made by Polaris. It's also awesome.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Currently Im at a moral crossroads.

After having a less than productive day at work and failing an ASE test. (motherfucker was nothing like the million practice tests my job has been supplying me with.) Im feeeling pretty low. And decided to go get some food for dinner on the way home.
Only having about 25 bucks on my card till friday plus the ten in my wallet, im being frugal and only grab some chicken thighs to cook. Cost about 6.40 something.
So I go to the self checkout thingies with chicken and scan it, have it register, and throw in the two 5's i had in my wallet. Next thing i know I get my two 5's spat back at me through where you get your change, plus the change i woulda got from my ten, along with a printed receipt that says paid. So im standing around looking obviously confused and dumb trying to see if anyone is around, no one is, I say gently caress it, grab my ten bucks back and my change and the chicken and leave without anyone so much as batting a glance.
I should at this point mention that I shop at this place nearly every day and have always been an honest and loyal customer thus far but i mean, if a teller gives you extra change back you feel bad for them thinking they will be short later on and get in trouble or whatever, but a machine? Im like gently caress it.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

After having a less than productive day at work and failing an ASE test. (motherfucker was nothing like the million practice tests my job has been supplying me with.) Im feeeling pretty low. And decided to go get some food for dinner on the way home.
Only having about 25 bucks on my card till friday plus the ten in my wallet, im being frugal and only grab some chicken thighs to cook. Cost about 6.40 something.
So I go to the self checkout thingies with chicken and scan it, have it register, and throw in the two 5's i had in my wallet. Next thing i know I get my two 5's spat back at me through where you get your change, plus the change i woulda got from my ten, along with a printed receipt that says paid. So im standing around looking obviously confused and dumb trying to see if anyone is around, no one is, I say gently caress it, grab my ten bucks back and my change and the chicken and leave without anyone so much as batting a glance.
I should at this point mention that I shop at this place nearly every day and have always been an honest and loyal customer thus far but i mean, if a teller gives you extra change back you feel bad for them thinking they will be short later on and get in trouble or whatever, but a machine? Im like gently caress it.

Thoughts?

Go buy something after payday and give them $10 extra?

I'm a monster so I'd keep it and I wouldn't feel bad at all.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just got 57/12 on my phone. Not too shabby.

I've nailed over 100 down on my phone before. :stare:

I was going to do a speed test where I'm at now (19 story office building), but my phone is showing no data service, only voice. Usually it has a strong LTE connection in here.

MustardFacial posted:

That track is in regular rotation on my playlists.

T1g4h posted:

NOFX was the first band I ever saw live. :3:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

Thoughts?

Contrary to the Adeptus Mechanicus' teachings, machines do not have souls. No employee's till will come up short, so they won't be affected.

Keep the money.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Oh that's excellent. I might have to eventually move parts over to a E30 interior.

They finished up the VW earlier than expected so I have my car back now. New wheel bearings, hubs and speed sensors...no more horrible grinding sound while driving. I knew having poo poo done at the dealership was expensive but holy gently caress they change $110 and hour for a loving VW shop. I paid less than half that and 20% off parts since my brother works for the chain but drat, still an expensive fix. Oh well car should be good for a long time now. Just need to toss on new front rotors when I get back next week.

Now packing so I can wake up at 2:15am tomorrow morning. At least I can pass the hell out on the plane.

Think I'll be able to check out the MG tomorrow.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Conversely, the other day I had the change dispenser jam on one, and it showed the remaining change as 1 cent.

No coins had come out, it actually owed me 79c. Thankfully the self-check cashier was BSing with me at the time and saw that no change came out, but when the manager came over to open it, she looked at the 1 cent on the screen, and said "no, you only get 1 cent", and looked at me like I was a criminal when I calmly explained that zero coins had actually come out. Self check attendant confirmed that I hadn't received any coins, so the manager opened the machine and got my change.

And when she slammed it back shut, 79 cents came rolling out. Manager looked at the change rolling out, rolled her eyes, and walked off.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Just opens currently active apps

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Count down until our prime minister says something thunderously stupid and inflames the situation with Indonesia even more....

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

Count down until our prime minister says something thunderously stupid and inflames the situation with Indonesia even more....

I thought he already had? I mean that's his modus operandi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Just opens currently active apps

E:gently caress or does it

• Locked thread