Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

poo poo made me legit laugh out loud. Well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Sir Lucius posted:

Shower time must have been terrifying.

:nsavince:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nick Soapdish posted:

That is only true if we see MML on the cover of Navy Times.

It only took me a month to be named in my first IG investigation! :toot:

Howard Phillips posted:

Dunno if you've seen the "4 Reasons I Am Resigning My Commission As A Naval Officer" article that's been making the rounds. http://taskandpurpose.com/4-reasons-i-am-resigning-my-commission-as-a-naval-officer/

The online response by senior (meaning mostly terminal O4s and O5s) has been "How dare she complain and criticize without recommending solutions! Priviliged millennial!" Which speaks volumes for itself. The fact that the institution doesn't tolerate any criticism or legitimate complaint basically dooms itself to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

loving :lol::lol::lol:

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ManMythLegend posted:

what?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Congrats! (Are you still in San Diego by the way?)

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

Congrats! (Are you still in San Diego by the way?)

Naw. I was only there for a week.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Spoiler Alert: Sailors can be spoiled, entitled babies regardless of rank.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ManMythLegend posted:

Spoiler Alert: Sailors can be spoiled, entitled babies regardless of rank.

regardless of rank? the higher the rank the more entitled they are!. Seriously, you should meet more master chiefs.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Arione posted:

regardless of rank? the higher the rank the more entitled they are!. Seriously, you should meet more master chiefs.

Wasn't talking about a khaki.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ManMythLegend posted:

Wasn't talking about a khaki.

batter all bluejackets?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

ASVAB scores, great, y'all gonna break out some boot stories next?

Look at this guy with the 40 :lol:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

PneumonicBook posted:

Probably a 45. He is an IDC after all.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

vulturesrow posted:

Probably a 45. He is an IDC after all.

Rude.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

So apparently I'm promoting on Friday as opposed to in June like I thought.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Please tell me you are going to make flag officer and get the policy on beards changed.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

ded posted:

Please tell me you are going to make flag officer and get the policy on beards changed.

If they make civilians admirals then absolutely.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

Drinks on MML

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ManMythLegend posted:

Now you have to lord over all your year group that still has bars on their collars.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I guess MML isn't submitting a resignation letter then?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now you have to lord over all your year group that still has bars on their collars.

Way ahead of you.

orange juche posted:

I guess MML isn't submitting a resignation letter then?

Not for at least a few more years, no.

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!
I have serious issues, I miss the Navy. I am glad I am not still around for their stupid policy of giving 1835s (former 1635s) warfare pins and (so i heard) collar devices.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Jiro Kage posted:

I have serious issues, I miss the Navy. I am glad I am not still around for their stupid policy of giving 1835s (former 1635s) warfare pins and (so i heard) collar devices.

Collar devices?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Collar devices?

Like restricted line, I would assume. I haven't heard anything about that and that would be even more stupid than the IDC warfare pin. Yes, let's have another massive and easy to notice item to prove someone is in the intelligence community.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Like restricted line, I would assume. I haven't heard anything about that and that would be even more stupid than the IDC warfare pin. Yes, let's have another massive and easy to notice item to prove someone is in the intelligence community.

Currently reserve drilling with ONI and I haven't heard anything about collar devices.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah, if anything all of the rumors I hear are about moving the IDC out of the RL community into the URL.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, if anything all of the rumors I hear are about moving the IDC out of the RL community into the URL.

Which is, in all fairness, absolutely hilarious.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

I can support the idea of IW joining the club but since they decided to join them all together now it's all or nothing lol.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Cyber attack man!

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Wizard attack man!

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Sir Lucius posted:

Cyber attack man!

One day well respond to a cyber attack with ordnance. "Sir, they took down mypay and NKO!" "Prepare for launch."

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Stultus Maximus posted:

gently caress it make a CS warfare pin. Everybody needs to feel like a warrior.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!
I asked a few months ago and got a Coastie to reply mostly, but any DC GiP goons that can say yes or no to living near N Kings Highway? The place is very close to the Walmart Supercenter down that way. Friend of a friend said the closer you get to Groveton and Hybla Valley the sketchier it gets. Since next command will have weird working hours, I'd rather not come off a super long shift only to get shanked (which is why I ruled out southeast despite it being very close to JBAB.)

Dedicated off-street parking and w/d in unit are a must (entitled enlisted I guess) so if anybody has recommendations, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Howard Phillips posted:

gently caress it make a CS warfare pin. Everybody needs to feel like a warrior.

Any semblance of a standard went away when they created the supply and medical surface/sub/aviation pins.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Abolish all warfare pins imo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

Abolish all warfare pins imo the navy imo

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Have your chance to be heard...if you're a :chiefsay: or O

"Big Navy posted:

Seeking Suggestions from E-7 and above on Future of Navy and Marine Corps Officers

GREAT LAKES, Ill. (NNS) -- Naval Service Training Command (NSTC) and the United States Naval Academy (USNA) will use crowd-sourcing to receive ideas and suggestions from the entire Navy Officer Corps and Chief's Mess regarding the core competencies of our future Navy and Marine Corps officers, April 27- May 7.

NSTC and USNA will launch the crowd-sourcing interactive website, MMOWGLI, which stands for "Massive Multi-player Online Wargame Leveraging the Internet," as a tool and initiative to seek input that will impact the future of the naval officer corps.

The portal will be open from April 27th through May 7th for all officers and senior enlisted from every community to contribute at https://portal.mmowgli.nps.edu/pcc.

The crowdsourcing site is an Office of Naval Research (ONR) and Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) product and has been utilized on over a dozen different projects to utilize input from a large community of people to generate ideas and proposed solutions to large complex problems. Past games include Piracy, Energy, and Electromagnetic Maneuver.

NSTC and USNA will obtain fleet inputs from the officer and senior enlisted community throughout the Navy in a manner that will generate a comprehensive set of recommendations that will assist in validating and/or revising the Professional Core Competencies (PCC) Manual.

Professional Core Competencies set the professional development curriculum at every officer accession command.
The game allows players to choose core competencies, identify ideas of concern or revision and elaborate on them for refinement.

There is no time commitment required for gameplay and your submissions will be anonymous. The game will be open 24-hours a day during the open period.

This is an opportunity for everyone from senior enlisted and junior officers to command master chiefs and commanding officers to have an impact on the common core curriculum for the officers who are leading Sailors and contributing to the mission of the Navy.

For more information about the game please visit the portal and log in https://portal.mmowgli.nps.edu/pcc.

For more news from Naval Service Training Command, visit https://www.navy.mil/local/greatlakes/.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

germskr posted:

I asked a few months ago and got a Coastie to reply mostly, but any DC GiP goons that can say yes or no to living near N Kings Highway? The place is very close to the Walmart Supercenter down that way. Friend of a friend said the closer you get to Groveton and Hybla Valley the sketchier it gets. Since next command will have weird working hours, I'd rather not come off a super long shift only to get shanked (which is why I ruled out southeast despite it being very close to JBAB.)

Dedicated off-street parking and w/d in unit are a must (entitled enlisted I guess) so if anybody has recommendations, I'm all ears. Thanks.

sketchy just means "more black people"

Jiro Kage
Aug 6, 2003

PICKLE SURPRISE!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I had heard we were getting them for officers along with that stupid, ugly gigantic pin. I was out before it was widely distributed, and heard collar devices were next. I haven't kept up with it, though, so I guess they at least didn't pull that one. Moving information dominance to URL is really, really dumb.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nick Soapdish posted:

Have your chance to be heard...if you're a :chiefsay: or O

cool that htey named their poo poo after the kid from the jungle book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Speaking of names, we need a new title for this thread. I'm tired of being khaki shamed. :negative:

• Locked thread