Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's one of the better Mr. FIsh's in that it's punchy and plays on the design of Uncle Sam which we all know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Woooooow can I not loving handle this :stare:

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Look at all those urban youths looking like fools

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

There is no gently caress YOU large enough.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

McCoy is just jealous he can't loot cool things

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

What, no Al Sharpton? I suppose that'll be the next one.

Rippity-rap, sagging jeans. Yawn.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Couple more for the shitpile:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Blacks, amiright?

Not even trying to hide it anymore. Well done, racist wingnuts! Well done.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

IT'S OKAY EVERYONE I GOT THIS UNDER CONTROL

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colonel_korn posted:

Couple more for the shitpile:

Oh yeah, I bet 7oden is a HUGE fan of Thurgood Marshall.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rorus Raz posted:

ok now this is kinda scary...these blank expression on their faces as they loot things.....

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rorus Raz posted:

Hawh... Ha... Ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :unsmigghh:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

THE RIOTERS ARE NIG-*BOOOOONG*

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Rorus Raz posted:

The Lukovich elephant in the suspender store is what sells it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rorus Raz posted:

It's a good effort, but I'm not sure even pants donkey can salvage this shitheap.

Nativity In Black posted:

There is no gently caress YOU large enough.

Best one I got.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Stultus Maximus posted:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family.” Then you keep doing it through the 21st century.

What's the full quote? I have this thing where I don't google stuff like "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like this doof on Glenn's FB wall.

These are your people, McCoy. Be proud.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Kajeesus posted:

What's the full quote? I have this thing where I don't google stuff like "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family."

Lee Atwater, in 1981 posted:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family.” By 1968 you can’t say “friend of the family”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “friend of the family, friend of the family.”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kajeesus posted:

Google "southern strategy"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

D.N. Nation posted:

I like this doof on Glenn's FB wall.

These are your people, McCoy. Be proud.

Oh he is don't worry

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The violence in Baltimore is mostly a result of white agitators and looters; the black population has been protesting peacefully. AGC

No but seriously he made them super fair-skinned

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

majormonotone posted:

No but seriously he made them super fair-skinned

Well he wouldn't want anyone to accuse him of being racist, now would he?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well he wouldn't want anyone to accuse him of being racist, now would he?

I can pretty much see the small, smug smile on his face as he did the coloring. "Check and mate, Libs. Check and mate" :smug:

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

According to photographs taken, many of the looters were white. AGC.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Still my favorite meta-politoon of all time, with second place being "Those Fuckers - Our poo poo"

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Marco Rubio

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Talnaes is a light in the darkness.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

alnilam posted:

Still my favorite meta-politoon of all time, with second place being "Those Fuckers - Our poo poo"

No love for pee pee doo doo he is a bad president?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I can't wait for the various MLK looks in disgust comics; god that's when racism really won when MLK was killed, now a bunch of racist shitheads can put words in his mouth and rewrite history to suit their needs.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I'm not an expert but I do in fact recall being told there were a lot more than just the ten commandments most people think of, except something something something Moses something.

Can a Jewish person help me out here?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

haha glenn mccoy delivers hahaha

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

frajaq posted:

McCoy is just jealous he can't loot cool things

This is something that worries me, how little people understand, or how little people want to understand, when it comes to things like riots. You see the reactions of people on Twitter, not just calling the rioters animals, but defending that dehumanisation as if that wasn't a really loving terrible thing to say. And trying to get them to recognise the causes behind the riots, or even recognise the rioter's basic humanity, is a drat near impossible task. I don't know if it's just that they can't empathise at all with people in that situation, they've never really seen that level of desperation, they can't imagine being so brought down and discarded that they're driven to this kind of self-destructive outrage. Do they really think that people who are content and secure in their lives will act like this? Or are they wilfully discarding all the serious concerns behind this mess to focus entirely on getting free poo poo, as if destroying people's livelihoods and damaging the community is just the price people are willing to pay for a TV.

It's like that thing some Christian nuts say, where they don't understand morality, and say that without a god there's no reason to be good. Makes you wonder what their day-to-day thoughts are really like, and hope they're just being dramatic.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Keshik posted:

I'm not an expert but I do in fact recall being told there were a lot more than just the ten commandments most people think of, except something something something Moses something.

There were originally 15, but Moses dropped one of the tablets.

No, but you're right, Judaism has 613 mitzvot, or commandments. Full list of which is here.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Keshik posted:

I'm not Jewish, but Leviticus has around 600 commandments in it.

Edit: Actually I misremembered. A large part of them are in Leviticus, but they're spread through the old testament. Exodus and Numbers have a bunch as well.

djw175 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 28, 2015

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

Ted Rall posted:

This being the internet, there is unfortunately no way to take back or edit a cartoon

Plague of Hats posted:

Also, LOL @ being all "no take-backsies" about his poo poo cartoon. Yeah, everything's etched in stone, you disingenuous motherfucker. No one ever edits content they put online as a way of iterative improvement or apology!

By the way, I edited that dumb lambda/alpha mixup mistake in my last cartoon. I shouldn't have screwed something that bonehead-simple up in the first place, and I wish I'd fixed it sooner, but I appreciate the thread's input about it, nonetheless!

majormonotone posted:

How does Rall manage to consistently be the worst piece of garbage posted in the thread

He surrounds himself with slavishly-devoted, circle-jerking enablers who've copied their own approaches to writing and drawing directly from his style of pompous arrogance and willful disregard for skill, effort, and growth, he seemingly has no internal drive for self-improvement (since he evidently already considers himself and everything he does to be perfect), and he's not sufficiently pressured by external factors, such as a lack of money or attention, to re-evaluate anything he does, let alone everything he does.

He really is the worst by virtue of how his influence, and the projection of it through others already influenced by him, (probably permanently) stunts the artistic and creative development of otherwise-promising young talents by transforming them into more-or-less clones of himself, in much the same way as viruses reprogram cells to manufacture more viruses.

I submit that his criticisms of and complaints about Art Spiegelman, and his visions of Hitler-like tendencies in those who don't share his views and priorities, are actually reflections of a dim awareness and deep shame he has about his own narcissism, cronyism, and megalomania, kind of like how the most virulently homophobic, evangelical pastors and Republican members of Congress often turn out to enjoy a "wide stance" in the men's rooms of various airports, gas stations, and Gothic castles (difference being, while there's nothing really wrong with having a non-heteronormative sexuality or gender-identity, it would certainly be appropriate to hate oneself for being like Ted Rall).

Rorus Raz posted:

And for the umpteenth time, I find myself dreading the cartoons this week.

Or in Tinsley's case, around the middle of May, perhaps early June. :smug:

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's one of the better Mr. FIsh's in that it's punchy and plays on the design of Uncle Sam which we all know and love.

Definitely a neat idea for the drawing but the writing is awkward as hell.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Mr Jaunts posted:

There were originally 15, but Moses dropped one of the tablets.

No, but you're right, Judaism has 613 mitzvot, or commandments. Full list of which is here.

God I love Mel Brooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L940yIeVZzE

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

How can you even be mad at this? I legitimately laughed at how loving stupid it is. This is Glenn "black people subhuman beasts" McCoy and the big offensive zinger he cooks up is "Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Deep Hurting posted:

[Fish]
Definitely a neat idea for the drawing but the writing is awkward as hell.

Yeah, I think there has to be a more elegant way to work racism in there, to bring it back to the issue rather than just make it yet another generic America cartoon, but with just a minor snip:

• Locked thread