Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

bef posted:

Morton Jr is badass

I see autocorrect put "bad" in place of "dumb".

And everyone knows the best Koopaling is Iggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bef posted:

Morton Jr is badass

He's cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Morton Jr is the coolest, with Wendy O and Bowser Jr being the best troll picks.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

jivjov posted:

You might want to forward that to Sakurai....as Mewtwo is called 'it' in game.

:stare:

my god

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Everyone can agree Ludwig is the worst koopa kid

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Tardcore posted:

Everyone can agree Ludwig is the best koopa kid

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Tardcore posted:

Everyone can agree Ludwig is the worst koopa kid

Ludwig is great. Named and after a world class composer and styles his hair after him, a very ambitious Koopaling indeed. They are all pretty pro except Larry is kind of generic, most generic name, palette-swap of Iggy and Lemmy without rainbow hair or glasses or crazy eyes. He is still way better than Bowser Jr. who is gutter tier.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

You guys are all spelling the best Koopaling's name wrong, that's not how you write Wendy

EDIT VVV Wendy O. IknowI'mthebestKoopa

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 28, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cuckoo posted:

You guys are all spelling the best Koopaling's name wrong, that's not how you write Wendy

*Wendy O.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

All of the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. are extremely good and cool. Bowser did a good job raising his children despite being a single father.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The best koopa is Bowser K. Koopa

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a thought for you: King Koopa-Rool

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Reiley posted:

Here's a thought for you: King Koopa-Rool

He's already in as the green skinned alternate costume

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

When you think about it all of the Koopalings have their own cool unique thing:

Morton Koopa, Jr. - models himself after the Star Child from his favorite band KISS, reveals the true name of King Morton "Bowser" Koopa
Ludwig Van Koopa - styles himself after our old friend Ludwig Van, favorite Koopaling of classical music lovers
Wendy O. Koopa - a girl, by default the hottest, likes bows and the color pink (like all girls? [source?])
Iggy Koopa - wears glasses which make him the smart one, named after David Bowie character Iggy Stardust
Lemmy Koopa - named after the lead singer of Motorhead, crazy eyes probably indicated a mental disorder which is tragic but cool
Roy Koopa - Cool shaved head and sunglasses, he's our boy
Larry Koopa - named after Larry the Cable Guy since he is just a regular joe, has normalish hair for a Koopa and is just a down to earth kinda guy
Bowser Jr. (note that he does not have the Koopa last name) - jealous of his cool older siblings and kind of a mama's boy, the choice for all lovely little brothers and followers everywhere

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My brother always picks Morton because "he's the ugliest, look at him". It's a compelling argument.

e: Iggy Koopa is actually named for Iggy Pop, the DJ on that one GTA4 station.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Reiley posted:

e: Iggy Koopa is actually named for Iggy Pop, the DJ on that one GTA4 station.

Hrmmmmm, I'm going to have to go back through my sources and double check the data. Thanks for the insight.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tardcore posted:

Everyone can agree Ludwig is the best koopa kid

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Please respect people's Koopaling choices.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mewtwo canonically has no gender.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Larry is named after Larry Mullen Jr., and he is the leader of the Koopalings

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Mewtwo is canonically a xe. Please refer to xem as such.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Guy A. Person posted:

Hrmmmmm, I'm going to have to go back through my sources and double check the data. Thanks for the insight.

I might be getting whooshed on a joke here but the David Bowie character is Ziggy Stardust, anyway.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I might be getting whooshed on a joke here but the David Bowie character is Ziggy Stardust, anyway.

I am deadly serious about Koopaling etymology and am going to update all of my records with the new information provided by posters ITT. Thank you all.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Lemmy from Motorhead Koppa

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He's the mayor of Drinking Land.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
So who do you all think has the best shot at being made into character form from the ballot? I'm pretty sure it's not just a raw 'whoever is first wins' because there's sure to be millions of people voting for Hitler or whatever. I'd kinda presume third-party characters aren't in first consideration and let's face it Ridley is never getting in, so...Waluigi? Geno? I'm not certain what Nintendo characters are really in highest demand.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Gyra_Solune posted:

So who do you all think has the best shot at being made into character form from the ballot? I'm pretty sure it's not just a raw 'whoever is first wins' because there's sure to be millions of people voting for Hitler or whatever. I'd kinda presume third-party characters aren't in first consideration and let's face it Ridley is never getting in, so...Waluigi? Geno? I'm not certain what Nintendo characters are really in highest demand.

Everyone is voting for old characters like Roy, Pichu, and Wolf because new things are scary. Everything else is so trumped by people just voting for old characters that it's hard to predict which new characters will be added.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharrrk posted:

the gently caress are you smoking

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Theta Zero posted:

Everyone is voting for old characters like Roy, Pichu, and Wolf because new things are scary. Everything else is so trumped by people just voting for old characters that it's hard to predict which new characters will be added.

Oh okay I forgot about Wolf, yeah, he's probably the most likely leader. Him or Roy.

...there's no way in hell Pichu is beating out an actual useful character though. I would be dumbfounded if goddamn Pichu is seriously leading the polls.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
No offense to anyone who likes Roy but I really hope he doesn't win since we've already got enough FE swordsmen as it is. The Robins are fine because their magic makes them unique, Ike and Marth get a pass because they're veterans, and Lucina's not at fault for being the remnant of a concept that couldn't be fully implemented.

If they have to include another FE character, I'd rather have someone more unique such as Yarne and or his mother Panne.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hector for Smash.

Helicopter ax for his up b

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If I can be honest for a minute, I think it is more useful to bring back peoples' old familiar mains than it is to make someone new that so many people will never get the most out of. There's already so many new dudes to learn, there is no shortage of new to be had in this new Smash world.

Having said that, I'm excited for Ryu, and I hope old Roy boys can stoke their fires again. I voted for Wolf O'Donnell.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Chimera-gui posted:

No offense to anyone who likes Roy but I really hope he doesn't win since we've already got enough FE swordsmen as it is. The Robins are fine because their magic makes them unique, Ike and Marth get a pass because they're veterans, and Lucina's not at fault for being the remnant of a concept that couldn't be fully implemented.

If they have to include another FE character, I'd rather have someone more unique such as Yarne and or his mother Panne.

also roy sucks

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Chimera-gui posted:

Want Sothe still cause he rad

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

sharrrk posted:

Is he really the leader of the bunch?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chimera-gui posted:

No offense to anyone who likes Roy but I really hope he doesn't win since we've already got enough FE swordsmen as it is. The Robins are fine because their magic makes them unique, Ike and Marth get a pass because they're veterans,
Ike and Roy have been in the exact same number of previous smash titles.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Mewtwo is canonically a xe. Please refer to xem as such.

Rofl!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

VGBC had to cut some corners after losing all those PM subscribers.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

F. Lobot posted:

VGBC had to cut some corners after losing all those PM subscribers.

I somehow doubt that was the reason. It looks like they just had some technical difficulties. Maybe do some more research before posting this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I'm sorry for misleading you.

• Locked thread