Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Interesting music style choices. Ichirins theme sounds like something out of the old Sonic games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like the new themes and the new artstyle is great. Miko no longer has random bishonen sparkles in all her portraits though, which is a pretty big mistake. Do we have a translation for Kasen's theme yet? I know it's "[something] battlefield" but I can't translate the Kanji.

Also, maybe it was because I wasn't paying too much attention but did all of the characters not have their gimmicks from HM? Which sounds like a pretty good idea to me because some of them were kind of bad.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Most have new gimmicks, which honestly just seem to be sort of just attacks that change up how they play a tiny bit. Miko isn't Powered By Popularity anymore, apparently during one of her attacks your opponent gets asked if they want to power up Miko's melee attacks or her projectiles. Kokoro doesn't shift between religions mid-fight (since it looks like the religions are gone entirely,) and instead she has a once-per-round counter attack.

I'm pretty sure Futo's plate-breaking buffs are still a thing at least, though. They were kind of integral for her to Not Completely Suck.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Karen's theme is literally Flower Valley's Battlefield. Rephrase it as appropriate, I guess.

battlefield of beauty threshold

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Mokou being kicks-only is reminding me of another fighting game character and its bothering me because I can't remember who.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Keep in mind that Kasen is the "flower hermit" (also roses from Ibaraki) so it just kind of fits into her pre-existing themes.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

Mokou being kicks-only is reminding me of another fighting game character and its bothering me because I can't remember who.

Probably Elena from Street Fighter III.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Is Mamizou throwing a pokeball-looking-thing new or what that in HM?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SirSlarty posted:

Is Mamizou throwing a pokeball-looking-thing new or what that in HM?

It's new. Apparently it's part of her M.I.B. thing: she throws a ball containing a fake alien she's "captured".

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I hope netplay is improved and a roll is made

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
Hartmann's Youkai Girl arranged by Kishida Kyoudan! I wonder if that means they'll be coming out with an album soon? They haven't released anything since May 2013.

e: and right after that is an arrange by Sekken Ya, also absent since 2013!

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 28, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

PrinnySquadron posted:

reverse balrog

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

PrinnySquadron posted:

She kinda reminds me of Yamazaki, but that might just be the pockets thing.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

PrinnySquadron posted:

It's not a fighting game character but it reminds me of Regal from Tales of Symphonia.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The kicks remind me of Hwoarang even though there's little similarity because the only fighting game I've put any time into is Tekken.

Also, I didn't realise Kishida Kyoudan did the Hartmann's Youkai Girl arrangement and that's awesome because they're great. Hopefully they'll release a new album soon.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

PrinnySquadron posted:

Kim Kaphwan? Olof from Matrimelee? The entire cast of Divekick?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Do not even ask posted:

Kim Kaphwan? Olof from Matrimelee? The entire cast of Divekick?

Kaphwan was the one that immediately came to mind for me, at least. Regal is another good comparison just because I think the entire reason he was a kick-fighter in Tales of Symphonia was because he could literally kill a man with his bare hands so he vowed not to do that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-us2yE0s4

The trailer for ULiL is Actually Out instead of being phone-captured or w/e from a display

That yellow opening made me grimace. Looks fun though.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Krilazid?

Wait, no, that was Meiling.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

NuclearPotato posted:

Probably Elena from Street Fighter III.

Yeah, probably. Except with more fire.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WarpedNaba posted:

That yellow opening made me grimace. Looks fun though.

Krilazid?

Wait, no, that was Meiling.

There's a Mugen character named Hong Krizalid that is really drat cool.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Those tracks are new, right? Because I think I'd remember themes as awesome as Marisa's and Sukuna's (they cut off Sukuna's into at the good part, shiiit). Byakuren's music is also loving amazing. Mind you, their theme songs are among the hardest to gently caress up. Futo's theme should also be good for a listen or two.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 28, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

Those tracks are new, right? Because I think I'd remember themes as awesome as Marisa's and Sukuna's (they cut off Sukuna's into at the good part, shiiit). Byakuren's music is also loving amazing. Mind you, their theme songs are among the hardest to gently caress up. Futo's theme should also be good for a listen or two.

Yeah they're new, a whole bunch of different touhou music circles made the songs for the game

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

PrinnySquadron posted:

Naotora Ii from Samurai Warriors 4?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
It's Chun-Li. You're talking about Chun-Li. She is the kickingest fighting game character of course it's Chun-Li.

CommissarMega posted:

Futo's is the best actually and Byakuren's is the worst hth

(Much like Futo and Byakuren, the characters)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Kokoro's is the worst, it's pretty much the same thing only messier. Or maybe they just picked a really bad segment of it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Who do you think Obama's favorite Touhou is

I bet it'd be Remilia

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

PrinnySquadron posted:

Hotaru from Garou:Mark of the Wolf seems to have some similar moves. Except with water instead of fire. Similar pants too.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

the wildest rear end posted:

Yeah they're new, a whole bunch of different touhou music circles made the songs for the game

Excellent; there should be an excellent variety. I seriously can't wait :allears:

Mighty Dicktron posted:

IFuto's is the best actually and Byakuren's is the worst hth

(Much like Futo and Byakuren, the characters)

Buddy I will fight you

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

CommissarMega posted:

Buddy I will fight you

The taoists are here, buddhism is for losers

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

It's definitely Geodude.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I don't really like the new themes that much except for maybe Futo's and Miko's.
Kasen's theme sounds kind of meh compared to Rumble Temple.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

You guys aren't real fans

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
a real fan would've used zun art

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure i've seen worse Touhou tatoos.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Remilia? Way to choose one of the most popular and well-known characters. Secondaries...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Smoking Crow posted:

You guys aren't real fans

Such charisma...

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The taoists are here, buddhism is for losers

Literally worse than ISIS