Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Harmburger posted:

Do you have the "Skyrim Realistic Overhaul"? The Nexus page is down.

E: Probably should have waited until I found all the missing ones. Starting now and being edited in, here's a list of what's in SMC but with broken links.
4K Parallax Skyrim

I too am working my way through the list. If you google SRO there's a google drive link that comes up (From the STEP people maybe) and hopefully SMC will recognise it.

Auriel's Statue and Shrine and maybe some later ones

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

oblomov posted:

That's one of the major problems certainly. Skyrim mod compatibility, mod merging, etc... all barely work as it is and require hours of troubleshooting. Hats do not. Skyrim modding normally involve various tools outside Steam like MO, LOOT, BASH, etc... If Bethesda/Valve fix this for next Fallout/TES game that's fine but starting with Skyrim is just a big clusterf*.

You know, something I have been thinking about is that even the "buy a sword/armor/shield for a buck" mods don't really map perfectly to TF2/DOTA cosmetics due to the way Skyrim handles loot. If you just place the item somewhere in the world or have the user console it, there's no problem, but once you add stuff to the leveled lists you introduce the possibility of conflicts with other item mods that would require a bashed patch to fix.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Is there anything like the Texture Pack Combiner/Skyrim Mod Combiner for Oblivion? I do kind of want to revisit Oblivion again but having to track down all the individual graphical mods just to make it look decent and without potato faces, before even getting into the overhauls that remove the retarded levelling system is daunting.

I use these, but I like to keep Oblivion sort of vanilla

Environment:

OBGE Liquid water
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37825/

Natural environments
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2536/

Enhanced vegetation
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23783/

Ambient dungeons
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/18385/

UI/Gameplay

Denock arrow too - allows you to cancel a readied arrow by lowering the bow like in Skyrim
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/38110/

Keychain - less clutter in the inventory
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/3409/

Toggleable quantity prompt
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12859/

and I didn't like Darnified UI, so I use BTmod
Darnified http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10763/
BTmod http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/1825/

I think the potato faces are part of the Oblivion experience, but you can change them to something prettier with Oblivion Character Overhaul
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44676/

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Archonex posted:

So why couldn't they just add donations to the system?

They plan to, and also lol at donations since it is peoples desire to pay less for mods

the mod creator gets the option to ask for money or not, most didn't

like 0.05% did ask for money

this seems to upset some people to the point that they would rather have a donation system

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The business model for something running off sales and one for running off donations is very different. They're even taxed completely differently.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Third World Reggin posted:

They plan to, and also lol at donations since it is peoples desire to pay less for mods

the mod creator gets the option to ask for money or not, most didn't

like 0.05% did ask for money

this seems to upset some people to the point that they would rather have a donation system

0.05% asked for money within 3 days of the system being released

while it was under incredibly heavy criticism

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
How do the following three mods get along: SPERG, Interesting NPCs, and Skyrim Unbound?

I'm using MO for the first time instead of NMM. I know MO does some weird fuckery with files so that your Skyrim install folder stays clean. Can I still use optimized textures et cetera with MO? Lastly is there a way to get my stuff all sorted on my PC and then export it all to my laptop in one easy step using MO?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

boneration posted:

How do the following three mods get along: SPERG, Interesting NPCs, and Skyrim Unbound?

I'm using MO for the first time instead of NMM. I know MO does some weird fuckery with files so that your Skyrim install folder stays clean. Can I still use optimized textures et cetera with MO? Lastly is there a way to get my stuff all sorted on my PC and then export it all to my laptop in one easy step using MO?

If you use Mod Organizer, run LOOT, and possibly Wyre Bash, they will work fine together

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
i've found 99% smc, but many of the files i had to grab from torrents as well as russian and chinese sites

right click the smc icon and enable the edit mod info setting then right click a mod and you can see the exact archives it needs

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i think its weird that there are people who think that paying money for the realistic horse boob mod is better than not

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

anatomi posted:

For those of you using the SMC, how does the final output compare with the vanilla art-style? I'm usually a bit sceptical when it comes to modders' HD packs. Higher resolution doesn't substitute good taste ( Skyrim HD looks bad, for instance).

It is all very good, I'd say. Drigger, the author, keeps a changelog with what he adds/removes and why (you can access via the user interface.)

I use SMC in place of almost all the mods in the STEP/Skyrim Revisited guide, except for the Book of Silence/Cabal/Amidianborn armor mods (not included currently.)

The only thing I think you really will need to do is to make INI edits according to the Verdant settings here, if you're going to use the Verdant grass plugin (you should.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60220/

Otherwise you'll have quite the FPS hit from grass.

I'm using SMC as a "base" on top of Enhanced Lights & FX and Climates of Tamriel. I'm about to add Weather and Ambience overhaul on top of that.

Harmburger posted:

Do you have the "Skyrim Realistic Overhaul"? The Nexus page is down.

E: Probably should have waited until I found all the missing ones. Starting now and being edited in, here's a list of what's in SMC but with broken links.
4K Parallax Skyrim
Bumpy Inn and Shop Signs v3

Realistic Overhaul is best gotten through Torrent, imo. I have the files but they are gigantic and I have nowhere to host them.

I think I have bumpy inn and shop signs somewhere...

e: here you are https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9nzvellvv9omar/Bumpy%20Inn%20and%20Shop%20Signs%20v3%20RAR-4470-3-0.rar?dl=0

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 28, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

boneration posted:

All those mods get along just fine. SPERG can be a little tricky to properly configure but I can't think of any conflicts.

You can install textures and the like using mod organizer, as long as their file structure is set properly within MO itself. I don't know if there's a way to export it, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I used Duel Deadly realism and it was actually pretty good, iirc the deep dive guy just discovered that it was all .xml (or something) tweaks to AI behaviour rather than the elaborate ~~OMG DEEP AI SCRIPTING~~ the creator was claiming. It did noticeably improve the gameplay, in my experience; made bandits fun to fight.

That said the modder's Hiroshima level meltdown was p fantastic

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 28, 2015

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
this mod looks pretty interesting

http://aceeqmodding.weebly.com/dark-fantasy-overhaul.html

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

that is certainly sexy

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

no giant elf titties, worthless.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm really not trying to reignite the frenzy or anything, but I keep thinking it would have been such a smarter move by Bethesda to throw their weight behind the "Skywind" project, give 'em a little help finishing it (small cash advance?), turn it into a semi-official game (re)release, and split the proceeds with the team making it. I know there have been some concerns about the legality, and that would be a surefire way to smooth it over. I doubt anybody would complain about paying a few bucks for that. That's only one example, there are other people working on actual full-scale game expansions too. That would make such a better flagship launch than a bunch of lovely half-broken sword mods. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Gyshall posted:

It is all very good, I'd say. Drigger, the author, keeps a changelog with what he adds/removes and why (you can access via the user interface.)

I use SMC in place of almost all the mods in the STEP/Skyrim Revisited guide, except for the Book of Silence/Cabal/Amidianborn armor mods (not included currently.)

The only thing I think you really will need to do is to make INI edits according to the Verdant settings here, if you're going to use the Verdant grass plugin (you should.)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60220/

Otherwise you'll have quite the FPS hit from grass.

I'm using SMC as a "base" on top of Enhanced Lights & FX and Climates of Tamriel. I'm about to add Weather and Ambience overhaul on top of that.

Realistic Overhaul is best gotten through Torrent, imo. I have the files but they are gigantic and I have nowhere to host them.

I think I have bumpy inn and shop signs somewhere...

e: here you are https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9nzvellvv9omar/Bumpy%20Inn%20and%20Shop%20Signs%20v3%20RAR-4470-3-0.rar?dl=0
I went through the whole list, except for the mods that are currently down or MIA. Quite a few of the mods on Drigger's list verge on the "HD for the sake of HD" side of things, so I'd still recommend people to look at comparison shots before they download the recommended mods.
EDIT: Regarding SMC.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 28, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm really not trying to reignite the frenzy or anything, but I keep thinking it would have been such a smarter move by Bethesda to throw their weight behind the "Skywind" project, give 'em a little help finishing it (small cash advance?), turn it into a semi-official game (re)release, and split the proceeds with the team making it. I know there have been some concerns about the legality, and that would be a surefire way to smooth it over. I doubt anybody would complain about paying a few bucks for that. That's only one example, there are other people working on actual full-scale game expansions too. That would make such a better flagship launch than a bunch of lovely half-broken sword mods. Missed opportunity, if you ask me.

The launch was poorly planned, if they had even limited it to new armors or other cosmetic mods it would have probably worked and they could have slowly expanded into game play changing mods. Instead they lead with a core component of most modded skyrim games going up behind a paywall which caused an instant rejection.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SirDan3k posted:

The launch was poorly planned, if they had even limited it to new armors or other cosmetic mods it would have probably worked and they could have slowly expanded into game play changing mods. Instead they lead with a core component of most modded skyrim games going up behind a paywall which caused an instant rejection.

Almost anything would have been better than what they did do

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

SirDan3k posted:

I continue to suspect it would have been best introduced as a community selected and Valve or Bethesda maintained modpack, with the individual mods remaining accessible. People would surely pay to skip the hassle of getting the great mods all installed and working together nicely in addition to supporting their favorite creators.

Also having someone from Valve or Bethesda ensuring the pack remained compatible with the game would have both provided lacking consumer protection and given them a better excuse for that terrible-sounding 75% cut.

Keeps things simple, optional, adds a service, takes nothing away from the community and probably wouldn't gently caress up the social dynamics so badly.

The Snark fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 28, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So has the SkyUI guy posted some long rambling bullshit about how he shouldn't thought of badly yet?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
house rules for shoots and ladders 5.1 copyright me 20xx dont steal

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The issue with that is apparently the Skywind people weren't interested in selling it (maybe they would have been before the backlash), and with it being a remake of a Bethesda game it might have damaged their reputation if it ended up being a bit rough a round the edges and caused confusion over whether it was a Bethesda product or a third party. But yeah i think using a big expansion style mod as the flagship to launch the system would have gone down a lot better than the console armour. It still doesn't really solve the whole compatibility thing if you are still intent on letting anything be sold with no quality check though. It's commendable in a way in wanting to make it a level playing field with no bias on what constitutes a worthwhile mod but it ends up creating more problems than it solves when everyone ends up happy with a bunch of poor quality conflicting mods and you aren't willing to give a refund past 24 hours.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has the SkyUI guy posted some long rambling bullshit about how he shouldn't thought of badly yet?

Just the gate gate guy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Just the gate gate guy.

hah he involved himself in this mess? Beautiful

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah. I'm pretty sure that Mardoxx was just trolling and the rest of the team kept quiet. I think Schlangster's post here is the first time one of the others even piped up about it.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arthmoor even seem to think he could get a stable income of sorts out it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

BOY DID HE EVER!

Be sure to click through the link in the description to see the full blog post and his bitchy argument where he compares it to Baltimore in the comments.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My fellow gamers, our long national nightmare is over.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

BOY DID HE EVER!

Be sure to click through the link in the description to see the full blog post and his bitchy argument where he compares it to Baltimore in the comments.

Perfect.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
What I learned from all of this is that the webmaster of the Nexus is really proud of how many words he types per blog post.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Midnight Voyager posted:

BOY DID HE EVER!

The best part imo:

A butthurt babby posted:

That also includes the IRS, who are arguably the real rip off artists here since THEY do literally nothing for a cut of what the modder gets paid.
fuckin' gubmint! :argh:

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

boneration posted:

fuckin' gubmint! :argh:

Valve invented the Internet.

vvv 100% of income tax goes directly into the IRS budget comically large treasure chests.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 29, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

100% of income tax goes directly into the IRS budget.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

I wonder, anyone know of any good aztec or egyptian inspired sets of armor? I'd especially love something mesoamerican looking for my characters.

Octal fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 29, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Steam can admit a mistake. Bethesda can admit a mistake.

Arthmoor's only fault was trusting people who can admit mistakes.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Steam can admit a mistake. Bethesda can admit a mistake.

Arthmoor's only fault was trusting people who can admit mistakes.

Clearly he can only trust himself...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Clearly he can only trust himself...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Octal posted:

I wonder, anyone know of any good aztec or egyptian inspired sets of armor? I'd especially love something mesoamerican looking for my characters.

Based on that reference, I'm sure you can find the female model no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

If anyone was wondering about the future of SkyUI: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/499516-skyui/page-1501#entry24769334

schlangster posted:

@Shaeam
The work is done anyway and I'm not a sore loser, so I'll release 5.0 eventually after SKSE has been updated.

• Locked thread