Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Iron Tusk posted:

Are there enough people playing to even bother having bots?

I'd imagine having a bot play for you is more fun than actually playing the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

I'd imagine having a bot play for you is more fun than actually playing the game

I'd play with you

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

BERGfu posted:

I'd play with you

wildstar probably has a dedicated E-RP community so maybe we can make this work.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

wildstar probably has a dedicated E-RP community so maybe we can make this work.

excellent I knew this piece of poo poo game was good for something!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It's really easy for gold farmers to hack it so their characters just teleport endlessly around nodes, and Carbine can't figure out how to put a stop to that, so the bots are probably still operating just as a matter of course.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
The type of idiot still playing Wildstar is no doubt obsessive enough to pay chinese gold farmers for wacky star funny money

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Anoia posted:

If you missed the "shut up, it's beta, it'll get better" phase of wildstar goons, check out the skyforge thread. It's about the same.

Not really. Skyforge is full of people putting out objection's about the people managing that game, the combat of that game, the grind of that game, and the paid features of that game. It's basically the opposite of Wildstar.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Verranicus posted:

I liked the old Alterac Valley. Something about the back and forth with all the NPC forces and side objectives along with the massive frontline battle made it the most fun I've ever had in WoW PVP. Shame they butchered it.
They basically brought it back with Ashran in Warlords of Draenor.

It's poo poo and everyone hates it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Itzena posted:

They basically brought it back with Ashran in Warlords of Draenor.

It's poo poo and everyone hates it.

Eh, ashran really isn't the same. There was always a massive queue for it and usually it was just one server stomping the poo poo out of the other one. Old AV was big enough that small gangs could actually make an impact, but ashran is just the one big fight. Is there even a point in doing the side stuff outside of needing dailies and picking up random items?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Omnicrom posted:

Not really. Skyforge is full of people putting out objection's about the people managing that game, the combat of that game, the grind of that game, and the paid features of that game. It's basically the opposite of Wildstar.

The skyforge thread is full of insane people trying to pretend they arent getting sucked into the most p2w game since the last time those developers released a mmorpg.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Normal Adult Human posted:

The skyforge thread is full of insane people trying to pretend they arent getting sucked into the most p2w game since the last time those developers released a mmorpg.

Skyforge's in game to real life currency exchange (a la GW2) pretty much relieved me of any p2w concerns that I had. I still understand the complaints, but this makes it all much easier to cope with.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
You see, because I can trade normal currency for the p2w currency that means it's not p2w.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Belzac posted:

You see, because I can trade normal currency for the p2w currency that means it's not p2w.

That is not what I said.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
*that means it's easier for me to sleep at night.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

If it stops me from caring about it so I can just play and enjoy the game then it really doesn't matter to me.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
xavier stop defending terrible monetisation (it will be terrbile no matter what you say the game's made by a russian studio ffs, we can't make non-poo poo mmos)

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

xavier stop defending terrible monetisation (it will be terrbile no matter what you say the game's made by a russian studio ffs, we can't make non-poo poo mmos)

I don't like p2w anymore than most people here do. I am just bothered by it far less if an exchange like this exists. I also only plan to pve in that game so that probably has a lot to do with why that is enough for me.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Belzac posted:

Belzac'd

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Xavier434 posted:

I don't like p2w anymore than most people here do. I am just bothered by it far less if an exchange like this exists. I also only plan to pve in that game so that probably has a lot to do with why that is enough for me.

If it was p2w without an exchange, then how would you p2w in the first place?

EDIT: Is it just that you can buy currency off other players/sell it to them?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LordSaturn posted:

I wonder if you guys realize you all have the same definition of P2W as reddit, 4chan, and GAMEFAQs posters.

Just sayin'.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Normal Adult Human posted:

I'm not sure we're reading the same thread anymore.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bauxite posted:

I wonder if you guys realize you all have the same definition of P2W as reddit, 4chan, and GAMEFAQs posters.

Just sayin'.

Which guys? Doesn't it stand for Pay 2 Win? I'm pretty confused here.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Shut down thread till next Carbine blunder.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Belzac posted:

Shut down thread till next Carbine blunder.

So until tomorrow, then? :rimshot:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LordSaturn posted:

Which guys? Doesn't it stand for Pay 2 Win? I'm pretty confused here.

"People are getting though the game faster by paying rl money, this is literally p2w"

If you're okay with experience boosters you should be okay with skyforge's monetization because they're basically the same thing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I just want an MMO that lets me make a living RMTing.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
yes as we all know games that want people to pay to speed up their progress are never made to be super tedious and grindy without paying

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

my.com's other games are designed to milk money out of people via in game shops, with the games themselves being incredibly tedious if you don't buy in. I don't see Skyforge being any different.

The fact they've yet to reveal classes when it's already beta gives me flashbacks to WAR, too.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
just checked the subreddit, apparently there have only been like two guilds that have cleared datascape, despite it being out for nearly a year

even then, less than like 30 guilds have successfully cleared GA, which requires half the people and is way smaller

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Thumbtacks posted:

just checked the subreddit, apparently there have only been like two guilds that have cleared datascape, despite it being out for nearly a year

even then, less than like 30 guilds have successfully cleared GA, which requires half the people and is way smaller

this is a good thing though?? glad to see we're back to the good days of being a raider actually meaning something

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the problem is they really wanted the game to appeal to hardcore raiders and then made the endgame so absurd that like .1% of the population has actually done it (or at this point like 10% of the population, depends on their sub numbers i guess)

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LordSaturn posted:

No, it is like GW2's gold to gem exchange. It does not involve buying/selling between players. Basically you open an interface and you enter in the amount of cash shop currency that you want and the exchange tells you how much in game currency it will cost you to get it. The opposite exists as well. You can enter the amount of in game currency you want and the exchange will tell you how much cash shop currency it will take to get it. However, the prices are not fixed because it is an exchange. They fluctuate based on how much of each type of currency people are exchanging.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RottenK posted:

yes as we all know games that want people to pay to speed up their progress are never made to be super tedious and grindy without paying

And that makes it a lovely game, not a p2w game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Anoia posted:

The fact they've yet to reveal classes when it's already beta gives me flashbacks to WAR, too.

Just look at info for the Russian version if you want to know all the classes, I guess? The way the betas and marketing are being done for the NA/EU version is pretty dumb, though, which is part of that problem. The current beta is one or two major patches behind the Russian open beta

Basic version differences

It's at a point where people who know about the differences have stopped playing the English beta for now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So apparently WildStar went Free To Play or something? Didn't they very vehemently say that WildStar was TOO GOOD and would DIE before that happened or did the people who said it get kicked out by now? :v:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
If people are willing to pay real money to avoid your basic gameplay yeah that is a good indicator your basic gameplay is really lovely

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Anatharon posted:

So apparently WildStar went Free To Play or something? Didn't they very vehemently say that WildStar was TOO GOOD and would DIE before that happened or did the people who said it get kicked out by now? :v:

It isn't F2P yet, but every indication says they're gearing up for a transition.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

the problem is they really wanted the game to appeal to hardcore raiders and then made the endgame so absurd that like .1% of the population has actually done it (or at this point like 10% of the population, depends on their sub numbers i guess)

Wouldn't a higher percentage of the population have cleared it if they're all hardcore raiders?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Unguided posted:

Wouldn't a higher percentage of the population have cleared it if they're all hardcore raiders?

You'd think but they apparently had tons of hilariously low RNG because that's how it was done back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Anatharon posted:

You'd think but they apparently had tons of hilariously low RNG because that's how it was done back then.

They did the same thing with certain world drops, though I don't know if it was intentional to make a key spellslinger dps amp have something like a .0001% chance to drop ever. I saw one in all my time playing, on auction for a ton of money.

Yes I'm still bitter. Meanwhile you'd be buried in the same 4 warrior amps before you hit level 10.

• Locked thread