Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galler
Jan 28, 2008

On my S5 I plug it into a computer and then pull down the notification drawer (swipe from the top of the phone down) and it then has something there about USB connection or whatever that I can select and tell it to connect to the computer and what method to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just saw a weird three wheeled two seater called The Slingshot on my drive home.

I saw one today when going into Durham around lunch. Looks dumb.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The worst part is they're mustang money for mustang performance without any of the amazing mustang features like back seats, a trunk, a roof, windows, doors, air conditioning, build quality, interior quality, comfortable seats, crash protection, or reliablity.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Oh, so you think YOU had a bad day...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1098054_latest-laferrari-crash-is-worst-yet

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If that counts as a bad day, sign me up.

He's not phoning anybody, he's using his phone browser to order a 918 because it's AWD will save him next time. As long as he keeps his 4.0 GPA, his parent's bank account is wide open, and it's a big one.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Also he's not in an ambulance with an EMT breathing for him with a bag.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm sure his parents are very disappointed and will only buy him an aventador to replace it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 29, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Powershift posted:

The worst part is they're mustang money for mustang performance without any of the amazing mustang features like back seats, a trunk, a roof, windows, doors, air conditioning, build quality, interior quality, comfortable seats, crash protection, or reliablity.

You're dangerously close to sounding like a ford apologist. :P

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Jeherrin posted:

Contrary to the Adeptus Mechanicus' teachings, machines do not have souls.

Yes they do. :colbert:

I used to write the Adeptus Mechanicus Benediction Against Failure at the beginning of all of my lua scripts when I worked in games.

code:
--[[
	***Benediction Against Failure***

As steel cannot be punctured;
		As acid cannot be corrupted;
		As the pulses of energy do not surrender;
		Failure unto thee is superseded;
		Failure is obsolete;
		By receiving the gift's of the Omnissiah you are invincible;
		Obtain virtue and strength of the machine;
		Invoke the powers of the machine;
		Ego Precor;
		Ego Precor; 

--]]

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

The Decline randomly came up in my car playlist. I haven't heard that song for probably 10 years.

I still think punk is good. :colbert:

We play this poo poo at the bar all of the time, it makes people so mad because it's such a long song. And because 99% of the world hates punk with a passion. I've pretty much exclusively listened to punk and only punk since Sum 41 was the poo poo. (All Killer No Filler still owns).

Found the source of my oil leak on the E30 today after work. I thought it was the oil pressure switch and replaced it yesterday, and so when it was still leaking after I started it for the first time in ~4 months and it was still leaking, I realized it was the loving oil control valve whatever it is that's leaking. Wish I would have looked closer two days ago when I ordered a new hood roundel, because it's a simple fix but now I have to wait for parts that will get here just in time for me to be gone all weekend. I was hoping to drive it to work tomorrow or Thursday.

Guess I'll just pull the diff and throw in my LSD while I wait for one loving little seal. :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

T-Square posted:

We play this poo poo at the bar all of the time, it makes people so mad because it's such a long song. And because 99% of the world hates punk with a passion. I've pretty much exclusively listened to punk and only punk since Sum 41 was the poo poo. (All Killer No Filler still owns).

Fuckin' a. I'm probably in the minority, but I don't think Sum 41 has released a bad album. I still enjoy Chuck, Underclass Hero, and Screaming Bloody Murder even though they're sort of a departure from their older stuff. I'll admit though, Chuck wasn't exactly their best. It's not bad, and I can still dig it, but it's just not as good as the others to me.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Decline kicks rear end. Have they ever played it in it's entirety live? My limbs hurt just thinking about playing drums on that song. :v:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Sum 41 went downhill so fast when brown sound left the band.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
When we were young my friend always joked she wanted us to play whoops I Od'd at her funeral. Years later when she died we did. :smith:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fuuuck :flashfap:

Mad Mike's MX-5 is so drat awesome.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So installed the Samsung driver straight from the source. This is where i'm at with no ability to drag and drop files or even see anything other than being able to pull pictures off it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

So installed the Samsung driver straight from the source. This is where i'm at with no ability to drag and drop files or even see anything other than being able to pull pictures off it.

....is that XP?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

....is that XP?

Woopsie.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Try rebooting the computer, or try another USB port. If it's plugged into a port on a media reader or on the front of the case try a port on the back that's directly connected to the system board.

Also might be worthwhile trying another USB cable...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj posted:

Try rebooting the computer, or try another USB port. If it's plugged into a port on a media reader or on the front of the case try a port on the back that's directly connected to the system board.

Also might be worthwhile trying another USB cable...

It's the brand new cable out of the box, and I did say that I'm finally getting a laptop without XP :v:

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

It's the brand new cable out of the box, and I did say that I'm finally getting a laptop without XP :v:

The joke about your masochism almost writes itself, here.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

I just bought 5 NOFX albums. Thanks, I guess. One of the best shows I ever saw was Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. So fun.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SuperDucky posted:

The joke about your masochism almost writes itself, here.

Hey, I like XP.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Course I been using this as my laptop for like a month, I have no idea what happened to the bottom hardware and the screen is stripped because there's this one thing I have to poke every few minutes to keep the screen from inverting colors.

Yup. For the record this is the dumpster laptop I found.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why does the state of that laptop not shock me in the slightest?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Course I been using this as my laptop for like a month, I have no idea what happened to the bottom hardware and the screen is stripped because there's this one thing I have to poke every few minutes to keep the screen from inverting colors.

.....I can SEND you a laptop if you need one.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

.....I can SEND you a laptop if you need one.

Nah mom and dad are sending me theirs as I mentioned before, I just wanted to share the levels of my technological needs.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So I grow my own catnip, but haven't really given the dude more than a little at a time before.

Gave him a good chunk tonight. He got downright aggressive over it - growled at the dog when he went by :staredog:, swatted the poo poo out of my hand when I tried to pull it away.

He's normally the most mellow cat ever. But you can just see the pure "I WILL loving KILL YOU AND EAT YOUR SOUL IF YOU TRY TO TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME" in his face.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Now you gotta grow that stuff forever to feed his habit :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:catdrugs:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

That part that says "don't touch", that part there. You touch it, don't you?

You touch it with your dick.

Hey, on the subject of punk rock, there's a movie called "the other F word" that is about punk rockers growing up and becoming dads. For any of you dads out there that used to be rebels of some sort, it's an amazing movie 100% worth watching. It's hilarious watching these guys who are basically anti-establishment and anti-authority deal with being the authority and establishment for a little human. Like how do you try and teach your kid not to swear when one of your band's most popular songs consists only of the words "gently caress" and "you"? And it shows these rock stars with their kids, who often rebel by being completely straight and preppie. Like they interview Flea and his daughter, and she's totally clean cut. But at the same time, they're guys who are used to screaming what they believe in, and when they believe in something they dive in whole heartedly. Some of their stories will make you weep just watching how much they love their kids.

Featured dads include:

Tony Cadena - The Adolescents
Art Alexakis - Everclear
Rob Chaos - Total Chaos
Joe Escalante - The Vandals
Josh Freese - Session Drummer
Fat Mike - NOFX
Flea - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Lars Frederiksen - Rancid
Matt Freeman - Rancid
Jack Grisham - TSOL
Brett Gurewitz - Bad Religion
Tony Hawk - Pro Skater
Greg Hetson - Circle Jerks
Mark Hoppus - blink-182
Jim Lindberg - Pennywise
Mike McDermott - Bouncing Souls
Tim McIlrath - Rise Against
Mark Mothersbaugh - Devo
Duane Peters - U.S. Bombs
Joe Sib - SideOneDummy Records
Ron Reyes - Black Flag
Rick Thorne - BMX Rider

Streaming on Amazon prime right now, disc rental only on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkWHZ3hJtY

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 29, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Astonishing Wang posted:

Now you gotta grow that stuff forever to feed his habit :(

I've been growing it for a few years anyway. It's in a shallow planter in the back yard - Squeak used to hop on the bench next to it and go to town, I'd have to turn the planter every month or so to keep fresh growth within reach for him.

The Dude freaks out when he gets outside, so I've been reluctant to let him explore the back yard (and the planter).

:catdrugs:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
DON'T JUDGE ME

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Too late?

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Hey, I like XP.
We've found the source of your problems.

Your OS being a rebellious teen. Put it down.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Holy poo poo when did Kerbal Space Program 1.0 come out?

Aaaand the patcher won't progress past 0%. Urgh gently caress you random internet thing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Too late?

I'll have you know several of my headmates self identify as broken laptops and as such find comfort in being surrounded by objects of similar interests and it is problematic of you to decide what and how my personal genital unit is allowed to come into direct contact with

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

personal genital unit

Not sure if this is a better username, or band name.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

General_Failure posted:

Holy poo poo when did Kerbal Space Program 1.0 come out?

Aaaand the patcher won't progress past 0%. Urgh gently caress you random internet thing.
Pretty sure it was today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

ilkhan posted:

Pretty sure it was today.

Yesterday actually. It's drat good.

• Locked thread