Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

Why does everyone love Edward James Olmos so much?

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

bobkatt013 posted:

Blade runner and BSG

Don't forget Dexter!! :shepface:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Stand and Deliver was pretty iconic... south park did the parody.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

Have you watched Battlestar Galactica?

Enough of it to know I don't want to watch all of it.

Just seems like a waste of a good actor to get a quasi-big name like that and say "You know that guy you played in BSG? Act like that guy again."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Sharmat posted:

He's a good actor who everyone calls Eddie, what's not to love?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Sharmat posted:

Enough of it to know I don't want to watch all of it.

Just seems like a waste of a good actor to get a quasi-big name like that and say "You know that guy you played in BSG? Act like that guy again."

If you're keeping up with AoS, but don't want BSG, I don't know what to tell you. BSG was 50x better than AoS, and I LIKE AoS a lot more than most people.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

He was in some movie that everyone has seen where he taught math to a bunch of latin americans.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
BSG started really strong and turned to poo poo. AOS started ok and turned pretty good. That's why I stopped watching one and kept watching the other.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
If you watch all of season two knowing Mack will do a soft heel turn there's really fun foreshadowing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The absolute worst of BSG is worse than AoS now, but it had like one or two episodes at that level. The average BSG episode is as good or better than AoS at it's best, and BSG at it's best is so much better than AoS it is laughable to pretend it's even a conversation. It's not. BSG is the better show, and baring an act of God will always be the better show. And there's really nothing AoS could do to change that. Doesn't mean it's not fun to watch.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The Sharmat posted:

BSG started really strong and turned to poo poo. AOS started ok and turned pretty good. That's why I stopped watching one and kept watching the other.

Debatable. I'm of the opinion that only the finale was the real weak point of the series but I know a lot of people are really down on season 3-4. And yeah, BSG at its best is up there with the best sci-fi dramas.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Debatable. I'm of the opinion that only the finale was the real weak point of the series but I know a lot of people are really down on season 3-4. And yeah, BSG at its best is up there with the best sci-fi dramas.

BSG is up there with the best dramas. Not just SciFi.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm sorry for turning this into the BSG thread.

Xtanstic posted:

Really?

The Sharmat fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 29, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Boogaleeboo posted:

The absolute worst of BSG is worse than AoS now, but it had like one or two episodes at that level. The average BSG episode is as good or better than AoS at it's best, and BSG at it's best is so much better than AoS it is laughable to pretend it's even a conversation. It's not. BSG is the better show, and baring an act of God will always be the better show. And there's really nothing AoS could do to change that. Doesn't mean it's not fun to watch.

Well I dunno that it cant be a better show but no dispute AoS - hell ANY show - has done anything to match say BSG's "33". The only real problem with BSG was that the showrunners clearly didnt expect to get as far as they did and had no real endpoint they were writing to for a fair while, even in season 3.

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Overall BSG was a good show, but it had issues that AoS can't even have, since AoS has essentially no world-building, a smaller cast (possibly equal or greater number of human actors, but fewer characters), and a lighter tone.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Xtanstic posted:

:lol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cat Terrist posted:

Well I dunno that it cant be a better show but no dispute AoS - hell ANY show - has done anything to match say BSG's "33". The only real problem with BSG was that the showrunners clearly didnt expect to get as far as they did and had no real endpoint they were writing to for a fair while, even in season 3.

The Cylons have a plan!

lol jk

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
"I dunno we'll just wing it." is sort of a plan, in a way.

Kind of like what Cal did with the mostly lame supervillains in that Agents of SHIELD show. Remember that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Last week's episode was really ugh. Idk why but it was just sorta pissin me off how many of the characters just seemed to up and change their behavior for no reason and the whole episode felt like it was just bumbling around with things happening because the writers said they happened and not because there was any good buildup or anything.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but lately the show's just been kind of annoying with how often characters keep switching alliances and it feels like nothing's being done.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Yeah that is annoying when that happens and I hope they fix it up. This kind of seems like May's character arc is turning back on itself and Simmons' is just doing weird loops. It hasn't completely pervaded the show for most of a season though so I'm not too worried yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hey looks like some bad stuff's gonna happen.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Well, THAT was ominous. Dammit Raina.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

loving Cal

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

LincLok is the new FitzSimmons

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I for one am open to Lincoln and Peterson buddy cop shenanigans.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
:lol: I think they actually like each other!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahaha this is great

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

LincLok is the new FitzSimmons

Sounds like some discount Tupperware. I'm on board

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JerikTelorian posted:

I for one am open to Lincoln and Peterson buddy cop shenanigans.

Linc can use his electrics to reboot Mike's arm.

It's an intimate moment.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ohhh dang the Bakshi is truly brainwashed theory may be right.

E: Fitz oh Fitz :allears:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bragging Fitz is the best Fitz

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

oh my god simmons

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz is gonna blow Ward up.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Simmons :negative:

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Good god Simmons that's ruthless as hell

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Uh Simmmons you okay

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Simmons isn't fooling around :stonk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's always the quiet and adorable ones.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

When did Gemma become so ice cold drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Jemma, you're so chipper about blowing people's heads off with bombs. I mean it is Ward, but it is.

• Locked thread