Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This show needs more hot make out sessions.

Edit: I mean look at her. I'd go to the other side for that.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Finally caught up with the last few episodes. I like how Emma's transformation to the dark side involves not wearing any makeup and being inexplicably wet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It is interesting how the less evil the characters become, the more their cleavage vanishes. Boobs are apparently on the side of evil, another point in its favor.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah Regina has been the queen of turtlenecks lately and it's breaking my heart

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Bicyclops posted:

It is interesting how the less evil the characters become, the more their cleavage vanishes. Boobs are apparently on the side of evil, another point in its favor.

That would beg to differ.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Doesn't Belle also have plenty of cleavage in lots of the Enchanted Forest scenes? Pretty sure she falls in the stupid not evil bucket.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Am I alone in thinking the scene with the gun was really tense? I honestly thought it could go either way, especially when they did the zoom out before the commercial and they were all basically in silhouettes and it was completely silent. Pissed off/nearly evil Emma is the most interesting Emma tbh

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it was very intense especially for a show that earlier that season had the characters of frozen as key plot points

and how about that Regina character development

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Am I alone in thinking the scene with the gun was really tense? I honestly thought it could go either way, especially when they did the zoom out before the commercial and they were all basically in silhouettes and it was completely silent. Pissed off/nearly evil Emma is the most interesting Emma tbh

The only thing that robbed it of its tension is you totally knew she was never going to pull the trigger.

I stand corrected, maybe the show just loves boobs, good or evil.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

The only thing that robbed it of its tension is you totally knew she was never going to pull the trigger.

Yeah I have to agree with this. From the beginning of the scene I was counting down to an extremely lame resolution that involved not pulling the trigger.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was hoping she'd just pistol whip her then she wakes up next to her mom.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Macaluso posted:

That was a nice camera shot. For a second there I really did think it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

But then is it even possible within the mythology of the show? Is Emma metaphysically capable of large acts of evil? How can she "turn dark" in the first place when her parents successfully committed a genuine atrocity that's supposed to magically prevent just that thing? And of all the revenges in this show, isn't Lilly's among the most justified? And how can Lilly be evil without industrial-strength cleavage?

:iiam:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Snow and Charming we're going on about how it was their responsibility to keep Emma on the straight and narrow. So their lacking and late involvement parenting probably didn't help.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Question: Who the hell do you think is sending all those wolves? Dead Huntsman? The Sorcerer?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So next week is going to be nuts.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Author sure is a right dick.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I cannot wait

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
They'd better bring Cruella back next week. Loved the Malificent/Lily scenes. Are they on for next season?

Glad to see the smarmy sheriff again too.

The author is a complete nitwit. I prefer it when he died in Lost.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

You could sum up this show as "Stalin, Pinochet, and Franco sitting around whining that their lives aren't fair, why do bad things keep happening to them, and they deserve better."

Also the author is the worst idea ever. I'm looking forward to the ridiculousness of swapping everyone's alignments next episode since it's going to be silly but the concept of a guy that can rewrite reality is basically making God a character and also infers that no member of the cast other than him really has any agency in their decisions.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 4, 2015

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It does bring up some questions, namely are Regina, Rumple and co responsible for their evil actions if this guy wrote them that way?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I do like that this past episode brought up the theme that they seem to be drilling in this entire season; that everything is a choice, or can be. She could have chosen to take the easy way out, write Zelena out of the books, be exactly like their mother, continue the cycle of darkness, but instead, she chose to break the cycle, change, accept her love with all it's flaws (future green child included).

Still think that last speech about her happy ending being about herself and autonomy should have ended with her patting Robin on the back and including him in the whole stepping off from the craziness shebang. Girl deserves better than a guy who never seems to make up his mind.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So why didn't the Author just write himself a happy ending and wash his hands of Storybrooke?

Also, is the Sorcerer's Apprentice dead and gone? I don't remember him coming back out of the hat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dazerbeams posted:

So why didn't the Author just write himself a happy ending and wash his hands of Storybrooke?

Cause he's an rear end in a top hat. Like literally, I don't think it's really any deeper than that. Dude is just a dick

So they're obviously gonna be switching everyone's alignments right? I'm totally 100% down for that. This show is crazy enough that you can basically do anything and you're still like "Hmm. yeah okay" (besides that RIDICULOUS horse drawn carriage drunk driving story with Charming's dad), so I wonder if the cast was like "we want to play the opposite for a little while for longer than just flashback stuff!" and the writers were like "sure!".

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 7, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Cause he's an rear end in a top hat. Like literally, I don't think it's really any deeper than that. Dude is just a dick

So they're obviously gonna be switching everyone's alignments right? I'm totally 100% down for that. This show is crazy enough that you can basically do anything and you're still like "Hmm. yeah okay" (besides that RIDICULOUS horse drawn carriage drunk driving story with Charming's dad), so I wonder if the cast was like "we want to play the opposite for a little while for longer than just flashback stuff!" and the writers were like "sure!".

I think this is a little like the Captain Hook/Emma Swan Back to the Future movie in that it'll probably just be the finale, and then they'll introduce whatever the season 5 thing is in the last five minutes or so once they wrap up evil world. It's going to be fun as all hell though. I really can't wait to see how Ginnie Goodwin plays evil.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm getting the feeling that all the evil characters are going to be set up as heroes via the author and then their lovely inherent personalities are going to gently caress it all up.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm curious what's going to happen with Regina, Maleficent, and Hook. They've all been slated as bad guys but have found their own happiness/have less than stellar relationships with Rumple.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Just went and re-watched the pilot with a friend and wow :catstare:

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Hahaha!
Zuuuuuuul!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
GO SAVE HENRY I'LL BUY YOU SOME TIME

*stands right there 15 feet away while the fight happens*

God I love the stupid of this show sometimes...

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Well that's not how I expected the season to end. :aaa:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That was a pretty great finale.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
So next season is literally Kingdom Hearts?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Never played kingdom hearts and I'm not interested in that poo poo.

This ending was fuckin crazy.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Never played kingdom hearts and I'm not interested in that poo poo.

This ending was fuckin crazy.

All you need to know is that it involves a bunch of Disney characters and this exact plot.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Dammit Henry, why the hell did you snap your magic pen 10 minutes before everyone needed a bloody miracle? You did a good job until that.

A super enjoyable episode and EvilSnow is great. Evilgran was just stupid but funny.

So... No more Cruella?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Things altered by the author aren't real like what's in this book, Henry. That's why Hook, Lily, Regina, and Doc aren't really dead."

"but wasn't all the stuff in here written by an author? Why do we need to even write this stuff down so badly if it's actually happening outside of the author's influence but also having the problem of giving one person god-like power over even you? Also does this mean that my parents didn't gently caress with Maleficent's egg or anything involving Cruella since those was directly altered by Issac?"

"shhhhhhhh........."

"...but"

"shhhhhhhh......"

Still a fun season finale but the author was such a bad idea and Henry snapping that pen was almost like them realizing it and stopping that plot point forever.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 11, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Haha! YES! Next season, Evil-Emma, with the creators swearing up and down that no new characters will be introduced, so it'll be all about developing the characters they've talked about or hinted at now. Those seasons are often better than the ones where they throw a whole bunch of new characters at the screen and hope everything works out okay. Good stuff for next year. This was nice to leave off on.

I'm glad Swan FINALLY said I love you. But seriously, and I don't ship this in the slightest, holy hell they write the show with a pinch of lesbian slant towards Emma and Regina. Right after Killian dies, she goes straight to Regina and talks about regaining her love, the wording was really weird, and the ending, her saving Regina from becoming the Dark One by taking the darkness herself; I had a very hard time not laughing and pulling a "Lesbi-honest," or two at the screen.

I'm wondering if they're going to pull from "Son of the Witch," Gregory Maguire's sequel to "Wicked," for the little bundle of joy in Zelena.

Also, if Merlin's coming out, is it the Disney version, so is it this guy:

which means this guy's age makes no sense?

Time-wise, that's going to get a little funky. But Merlin DOES age backward, per The Sword in the Stone. Maybe that means we'll get hints as to Arthur, the owl Archimedes, and Madam Mim? I always loved that crazy old bag.

I also love that we're playing "Who's the father?" with Lily and Maleficent next season with only a piece of an eggshell and "Well, what happens when you're a dragon..." to go on. This show has seriously gone pear-shaped and I love it.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Pan Dulce posted:

I also love that we're playing "Who's the father?" with Lily and Maleficent next season with only a piece of an eggshell and "Well, what happens when you're a dragon..." to go on. This show has seriously gone pear-shaped and I love it.

I'm now imagining an episode set on the Maury show with Maleficent and every possible father on the series so far. The reactions would be spectacular.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pan Dulce posted:

Haha! YES! Next season, Evil-Emma, with the creators swearing up and down that no new characters will be introduced, so it'll be all about developing the characters they've talked about or hinted at now. Those seasons are often better than the ones where they throw a whole bunch of new characters at the screen and hope everything works out okay. Good stuff for next year. This was nice to leave off on.

I'm glad Swan FINALLY said I love you. But seriously, and I don't ship this in the slightest, holy hell they write the show with a pinch of lesbian slant towards Emma and Regina. Right after Killian dies, she goes straight to Regina and talks about regaining her love, the wording was really weird, and the ending, her saving Regina from becoming the Dark One by taking the darkness herself; I had a very hard time not laughing and pulling a "Lesbi-honest," or two at the screen.

I'm wondering if they're going to pull from "Son of the Witch," Gregory Maguire's sequel to "Wicked," for the little bundle of joy in Zelena.

Also, if Merlin's coming out, is it the Disney version, so is it this guy:

which means this guy's age makes no sense?

Time-wise, that's going to get a little funky. But Merlin DOES age backward, per The Sword in the Stone. Maybe that means we'll get hints as to Arthur, the owl Archimedes, and Madam Mim? I always loved that crazy old bag.

I went to Disney World for the first time last spring and was really disappointed at the absolute lack of any Sword in the Stone stuff. They had the sword next to the tea cups which had obviously been there for decades and a video of Merlin explaining their weird pokemon card game rip off in an office but otherwise nothing. It was irritating since they had pins and poo poo for like a bunch of stuff but apparently wrote that one off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Radish posted:

I went to Disney World for the first time last spring and was really disappointed at the absolute lack of any Sword in the Stone stuff. They had the sword next to the tea cups which had obviously been there for decades and a video of Merlin explaining their weird pokemon card game rip off in an office but otherwise nothing. It was irritating since they had pins and poo poo for like a bunch of stuff but apparently wrote that one off.

Well, it's better off than The Black Cauldron. Disney has completely written off ever creating that, even if it's good, and it's no Song of the South. Kind of sad we'll never see Taran or Eilonwy in any sort of Disney media. They were pretty cool.

• Locked thread