Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Smash 4 Losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

Ike and Roy have been in the exact same number of previous smash titles.

As have Sonic, Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, and R.O.B. who are also treated as veterans as of SSB4. Being a veteran in the context of SSB doesn't mean that the character in question was one of the Original Twelve, anyone who came from a previous SSB game is technically considered a veteran.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

As have Sonic, Pit, Meta Knight, Wario, and R.O.B. who are also treated as veterans as of SSB4. Being a veteran in the context of SSB doesn't mean that the character in question was one of the Original Twelve, anyone who came from a previous SSB game is technically considered a veteran.

Thanks for clearing that up... but, Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

net cafe scandal posted:

Thanks for clearing that up... but, Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

Do you sell pants?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone have any config files for Dolphin for the GameCube controller set-up? I just got the Mayflash WiiU/PC Adapter and for some reason the L and R buttons don't work properly when I set them up in Dolphin. I was thinking someone already has the configs perfected and uploaded but my Googling doesn't turn up anything. I think El Massivo's drivers used to come with them but I can't find that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Well, tried improving my Kirby game with that one video. I tried mastering the air down-a, then kick in the air a bunch thing, but I think I just got worse at the game. I'm now having trouble beating level 9s as anyone. I think I need to start at the basics. How do I become competent at video games?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Well, tried improving my Kirby game with that one video. I tried mastering the air down-a, then kick in the air a bunch thing, but I think I just got worse at the game. I'm now having trouble beating level 9s as anyone. I think I need to start at the basics. How do I become competent at video games?

Play against other people, lose a bunch, figure out what made you lose, work on that, win a few, figure out what made you win, and go from there.
Embrace losing as a well-meaning mentor that just happens to loving hate you.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

If I can be honest for a minute, I think it is more useful to bring back peoples' old familiar mains than it is to make someone new that so many people will never get the most out of. There's already so many new dudes to learn, there is no shortage of new to be had in this new Smash world.

Having said that, I'm excited for Ryu, and I hope old Roy boys can stoke their fires again. I voted for Wolf O'Donnell.

I voted for Wolf, also.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I voted for Ryu, just now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I voted for Ryu, just now.

I hope that was your first vote.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It actually, literally was.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm glad you voted

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

It actually, literally was.

Thank you for voting once, and only once.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm excited for the future of Smash in this bold new era of updates and new content.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Reiley posted:

I'm excited for the future of Smash in this bold new era of updates and new content.

I hope they bring back Roy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Me too

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ruggington posted:

I'll say a prayer to God for the Roy mains out there.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
We have four swordsmen from Fire Emblem already (five if you count the Robins as separate characters that occupy the same slot as Marth & Lucina were intended to), why would you want another one? Especially when FE has more classes than just swordsmen.

I'm more understanding of folks who want Wolf back because even though is similar to Fox and Falco, Star Fox doesn't have five-six fighters in Smash that have little to differentiate them the way FE does.

Roy was acceptable in Melee since he was one of only two FE characters in Smash at the time, that is no longer the case.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chimera-gui posted:

We have four swordsmen from Fire Emblem already (five if you count the Robins as separate characters that occupy the same slot as Marth & Lucina were intended to), why would you want another one? Especially when FE has more classes than just swordsmen.

I'm more understanding of folks who want Wolf back because even though is similar to Fox and Falco, Star Fox doesn't have five-six fighters in Smash that have little to differentiate them the way FE does.

Roy was acceptable in Melee since he was one of only two FE characters in Smash at the time, that is no longer the case.

I don't care.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

Sir, may I please take your order? There are other customers behind you.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Roy would be okay as another Fire Emblem sword guy if he wasn't just Marth 2.0 again. Or just a reskin for Lucina or Marth.

Actually they should really release a DLC pack that just has a bunch reskin characters that people wanted. Like Dixie Kong and stuff. That would be neat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

hmm i still hope hes coming back

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chimera-gui posted:

Because they're fun and cool.

I would like axes and lances though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Roy's our Boy

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Chimera-gui posted:

We have four swordsmen from Fire Emblem already (five if you count the Robins as separate characters that occupy the same slot as Marth & Lucina were intended to)

It's seven, actually. You forgot both of the Chroms. Seven swordmen.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think Anna is the superior fire emblem redhead but Roy is still my smash friend and i am happy to see him return

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

It's seven, actually. You forgot both of the Chroms. Seven swordmen.

Lyn was forgotten as well. Eight swordsmen and swordswomen

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

This is getting out of hand. Sakurai must do something about these swordsmen. Someone's gonna put their eye out

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I voted for Jotaro out of the hope that Namco's license and Sakurai's love will pull through. (It won't)

I tried playing some real people. Actually thinking about what you're doing wrong, and what the opponent is doing right helps. Who'da thunk. And if that doesn't work, playing as Shulk becomes the key to victory.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gary was here
Smash is a loser

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

Roy would be okay as another Fire Emblem sword guy if he wasn't just Marth 2.0 again. Or just a reskin for Lucina or Marth.

Actually they should really release a DLC pack that just has a bunch reskin characters that people wanted. Like Dixie Kong and stuff. That would be neat.

My feeling is that if you absolutely have to bring Roy back, the best way to do it is as what Lucina was intended to be: a reskin with unique voice clips.

Strictly speaking, I was referring to only the playable swordsmen. Chrom's a Final Smash and Lyn's an Assist Trophy but you're right, I did forget about them and for that I apologize.

IronicDongz posted:

Because they're fun and cool.

I would like axes and lances though.

I'd personally like to see Yarne/Panne with their Final Smash of course being them going Killer Rabbit on their opponent.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

I'd personally like to see Yarne/Panne with their Final Smash of course being them going Killer Rabbit on their opponent.

Nobody wants to see Yarne in anything, please do not lie

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ruggington posted:

Nobody wants to see Yarne in anything, please do not lie
I want Yarne Yoshi as an alt skin.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i would greatly appreciate alternate costumes for characters that are not the mii fighters.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It would be very interesting to see if they can think up a character reskin that isn't from the same franchise as the original skin. And disappointing that the character doesn't have its own moveset.

But it would still be neat. Honestly you really can't go wrong with a reskin unless it does something dumb like make the character look twice as big as its hitbox or something stupid.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Is there an expiry date on the code you get if you buy any of the cross-platform bundles? At the moment I only own a 3DS but I know I'll definitely be getting a Wii U and Smash when I'm back in my home country, but that won't be until October.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

sharrrk posted:

i think Anna is the superior fire emblem redhead

That's Sully.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

That's Sully.
It's spelled "Scully," but I think Gillian Anderson is focused on her acting right now and probably doesn't want to do mo-cap for Smash Bros.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also did you know that all Smash Bros. animations are done via motion capture, just like Mortal Kombat? Strange but true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Rorus Raz posted:

Gary was here
Smash is a loser

Thread title

• Locked thread