Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I don't think I have peas, so it's just end up being carrot and meat pie.

Just double checked. No peas. But I do have chicken feet :stonk:

Echeveria fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

I never put peas in my shepherd's/cottage pie.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Just carrots?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

GrAviTy84 posted:

torture, rape, child abuse happen to a live thing. butchering happens to a dead thing. It's a pretty straightforward thing that is easy to lose sight of if one has prejudices coming into the discussion (namely if one is vegan). I don't believe anyone is advocating the torture, rape, or abuse of live animals.

:ssh: It was the first comment I saw and it made me :lol:

I only made it like three paragraphs into that article. Then I started skimming it and the more I scrolled down the happier I was that I stopped when I did. It just went on and on and on...

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Echeveria posted:

Just carrots?

carrots, onion, thyme, garlic, idk, i usually wing it.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Casu Marzu posted:

Hahahahaha rabbit pelts come off like socks, skinning squirrels loving sucks unless they're super freshly dead, like, I just shot it, walked up, and skinned it dead.

Hi I subbed squirrel for rabbit because they're both furry and small, maple leaves for herbs because they're green and thus basically the same, and replaced tomato sauce with the fresh spilt blood of the innocent. Recipe was terrible, 2/10 would not make again.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I made the worst loving dinner holy poo poo.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
You should have followed the instructions from gentleman and scholar Mr. James May. :wotwot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGriqtMSqo

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Hi I subbed squirrel for rabbit because they're both furry and small, maple leaves for herbs because they're green and thus basically the same, and replaced tomato sauce with the fresh spilt blood of the innocent. Recipe was terrible, 2/10 would not make again.

Did you at least make blood sausage with the innocent blood?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Mr. Wiggles posted:

You should have followed the instructions from gentleman and scholar Mr. James May. :wotwot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGriqtMSqo

This is awful! He doesn't even finish the dish! Mr. Wiggles, I expected better from you.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
We expect gentlemen to find the rest of the videos themselves.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

I never put peas in my shepherd's/cottage pie.

You numbskull! The peas are an essential accompaniment. They don't go IN the pie.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

That made me legit hungry.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

thief

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:v: too slow, mang

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I really hope they're just putting the same stock in each container and that the "bone" varieties are more expensive to take advantage of suckers.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
pacific broths are so loving disgusting

I had their chicken one once and it tasted like vegetable soup

I had their vegetable one once and it tasted like salty metallic tomato paste

ugh

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Only one kind of broth worth Sipping For Wellness:

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

mindphlux posted:

pacific broths are so loving disgusting

I had their chicken one once and it tasted like vegetable soup

I had their vegetable one once and it tasted like salty metallic tomato paste

ugh

Their almond milk sucks too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Huh. I had Pacific hemp milk a long time ago and it tasted terrible. I thought it meant that hemp milk sucked but now I'm wondering if it just sucked because it was made by Pacific.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I wonder when Bear Cave is going to cash in on this brodo phase

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

In Paris. Food owns so far if I stay away from obvious tourist traps. Where should I eat that I might miss otherwise? I'm in Le Marais.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

In Paris. Food owns so far if I stay away from obvious tourist traps. Where should I eat that I might miss otherwise? I'm in Le Marais.

Go to Vandermeersch on Friday/Saturday morning and get the kouglof.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 29, 2015

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

can someone tldr the bone broth thing for me, idgi. isn't a bone broth just a stock?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

GrAviTy84 posted:

can someone tldr the bone broth thing for me, idgi. isn't a bone broth just a stock?

It's a Paleo stock, I think. The difference from regular stock seems to be that that it is more expensive.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Huh. I had Pacific hemp milk a long time ago and it tasted terrible. I thought it meant that hemp milk sucked but now I'm wondering if it just sucked because it was made by Pacific.

I've never had their hemp milk (or any hemp milk in general) but their almond milk was by far the worst out of a bunch of brands I tried in the last few years.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

GrAviTy84 posted:

Yes, it's idiocy from the paleo diet people, they basically rebranded stock so they can sell it for $9+ per 16 ounce serving. They also claim it cures cancer. :rolleyes:

Deadspin article on the subject.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

GrAviTy84 posted:

Yeah, I think your intuition is the point and what others have said. "Bone broth has nutrients that we don't get anymore" even though, as you said, it's the same thing as any stock.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Kenji had an amusing back and forth with them today (or yesterday) on Twitter.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Kenji posts a lot on Reddit. We should band together and buy him an SA account. I imagine, though don't know, that he'd much prefer it -- especially considering he gets reported for spam and self promoting behavior semi regularly on Reddit.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Paper With Lines posted:

Kenji posts a lot on Reddit. We should band together and buy him an SA account. I imagine, though don't know, that he'd much prefer it -- especially considering he gets reported for spam and self promoting behavior semi regularly on Reddit.

I'm pretty sure he lurks because he's taken some of my pictures before.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GrAviTy84 posted:

I'm pretty sure he lurks because he's taken some of my pictures before.

Ones not on Flickr?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

How do the Dutch stay so skinny? Traditional Dutch food is fatty and gross, with very little spice or seasoning.

I'm on vacation in Curacao, which is full of Dutch tourists. Just like Amsterdam, there are some really good international restaurants, but the typical bar/hotel food is totally unappealing. Had some world class Indian food last night, but the breakfast spread at the hotel is depressing. Good cheese, though.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Squashy Nipples posted:

How do the Dutch stay so skinny? Traditional Dutch food is fatty and gross, with very little spice or seasoning.

I'm on vacation in Curacao, which is full of Dutch tourists. Just like Amsterdam, there are some really good international restaurants, but the typical bar/hotel food is totally unappealing. Had some world class Indian food last night, but the breakfast spread at the hotel is depressing. Good cheese, though.

They cycle and walk a lot, and don't eat American portions. Plus your be seeing Dutch tourists, probably middle class and upwards. Fat is for the poor, man.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

therattle posted:

Fat is for the poor, man.

Ah, wisdom, this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dahlgrens in Stockholm loving owns. After about 15 minutes it was clear why they have their 2 stars. I'd have more pictures but I was honestly too busy enjoying myself to fiddle around with my phone, god was it expensive though.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I watched the first episode of Chef's Table last night on Netflix. It was pretty cool but a bit heavy-handed and a little too love-storyish for me. Maybe further episodes will be more to my taste (lol).

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

The Midniter posted:

I watched the first episode of Chef's Table last night on Netflix. It was pretty cool but a bit heavy-handed and a little too love-storyish for me. Maybe further episodes will be more to my taste (lol).

The second one with Dan Barber is awesome. Couldn't figure out how we'd seen him before, then i remembered he's in some TED talks about food.

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_how_i_fell_in_love_with_a_fish

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_s_surprising_foie_gras_parable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Squashy Nipples posted:

we like to eat from other cuisines pretty much 100% of the time

and yeah, the bike thing :-/

whoredog posted:

The second one with Dan Barber is awesome. Couldn't figure out how we'd seen him before, then i remembered he's in some TED talks about food.

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_how_i_fell_in_love_with_a_fish

https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_barber_s_surprising_foie_gras_parable

Ahhh, I was wondering about that as well!

just started with the third one (Francis Mallmann)