Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They could always retcon Bullseye in as the sniper Fisk hires to shoot all those cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

They could always retcon Bullseye in as the sniper Fisk hires to shoot all those cops.

That's not much of a retcon since it's pretty clear from the scene it is him. They showed the bag with the playing card on it for a reason.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
But he missed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

That's not much of a retcon since it's pretty clear from the scene it is him. They showed the bag with the playing card on it for a reason.

It was Gambit :wth:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Sharmat posted:

I maintain the Hand is gonna mostly be a Defenders thing.

Elektra and Bullseye seem like no-brainers at this point. Also more Fisk backstory. No qualifiers. More Fisk backstory in everything. If Age of Ultron doesn't have at least 10 minutes of Fisk backstory it will have failed as a film.

It doesn't, but Ultron basically had the same backstory. His robot dad ran for city council and was kind of an rear end in a top hat, Ultron had to kill him with a electormagnet. Ultron watches television with no signal for comfort, because his dad used to make him stare at Channel 3 without any antenna. Ultron's dad even owed money to the Rigalettos. I REALLY wanna know what the gently caress is up with the Rigaletto's if they were also lending money to Ultron's dad. Justin Hammer is basically his Wesley. Get's killed by Natalie Portman towards the tail end.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Deadpool posted:

AnonSpore posted:

But he missed.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Electra would be a nice addition, Matt needs another cape to play as his foil so he can stay a bit grounded. I don't know much more about his rogue's gallery except for Bullseye, whom I suspect would be a natural fit for the next season. I doubt he'd be the main villain, and I don't think they'll bring back Fisk again so soon (I'd save his return for a third season big twist). I hadn't even considered the Punisher showing up, that'd blow my goddamn mind.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

But he missed.

I don't think he did. They showed Ben in the crosshairs, but I don't think he was ever the intended target and it was a fakeout for the audience. All his other targets were cops, and he hit all of them too. Unless you're saying one of his bullets missed a target, but I didn't notice.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Snak posted:

I don't think he did. They showed Ben in the crosshairs, but I don't think he was ever the intended target and it was a fakeout for the audience. All his other targets were cops, and he hit all of them too. Unless you're saying one of his bullets missed a target, but I didn't notice.

I don't mean he missed Ben, I mean he failed to kill Blake when he shot to kill.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

He didn't miss their bodies, he missed organs and failed to kill some of them.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Still a seriously off day for Bullseye.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

pentyne posted:

Corny inside jokes are a hallmark of emphasizing a close personal relationship. You've literally never had something like that? That's a shame.

Yeah, but there's a reason that stuff stays an inside joke between friends, because it's very likely no one else finds it funny. That was just one example of many jokes that fell flat for me (that whole flashback scene from college is full of what I found to be cringey moments).

BottledBodhisvata posted:

^^^^--- You must be a blast at parties.

notthegoatseguy posted:

I know its totally unbelievable for two drunk college kids to gently caress up a phrase.

BiggerBoat posted:

How many friends do you have? Are they all as witty, funny, charming and sophisticated as you are?

Drifter posted:

He's probably got over a hundred on Facebook alone.

On a side note some of you guys are really taking it personal that I didn't enjoy Foggy. Just because someone disagrees with you about liking the Foggy-Matt relationship doesn't necessarily mean that they're friendless losers who just don't understand this wonderful dynamic between long time pals because they've never experienced the joys of human companionship. I understand that people don't agree with me about not liking how Foggy was portrayed, and that's ok. I still liked the show! Please don't take it personally that I didn't enjoy one aspect that you did enjoy, and let's just all agree that it's a good show ok =)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

well, maybe we will get a "Bullseye origin story". Maybe he's "Not Bullseye yet". Plus, maybe he intentionally didn't kill that guy, because that cop was really working for Fisk. Edit: although that doesn't make sense because the next thing they do is have him assassinated, so nevermind on that I guess.

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
I'd love to see them spend an entire season focusing on the rest of the rogue's gallery... flesh out some more of their legal pursuits, let Matt really find a balance between the legal thing and the Daredevil thing. Meanwhile, dropping hints and unexplained events unrelated to anything else, all in a setup for a Season 3 focused on Kingpin.

On a side note, has anyone counted how many sticks Matt randomly throws away during the course of the series? I know someone out there is obsessive enough to have kept track of them...

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Vendetta posted:

I'd love to see them spend an entire season focusing on the rest of the rogue's gallery... flesh out some more of their legal pursuits, let Matt really find a balance between the legal thing and the Daredevil thing. Meanwhile, dropping hints and unexplained events unrelated to anything else, all in a setup for a Season 3 focused on Kingpin.

On a side note, has anyone counted how many sticks Matt randomly throws away during the course of the series? I know someone out there is obsessive enough to have kept track of them...

At least three, I think.

I really hope either Matt's mom or Foggy's mom comes up. Both of them were interesting, non-superhero characters. Though not at the same time, their storylines are too similar.

Darth Ballz
Apr 30, 2003
Feel the burn

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Electra would be a nice addition, Matt needs another cape to play as his foil so he can stay a bit grounded. I don't know much more about his rogue's gallery except for Bullseye, whom I suspect would be a natural fit for the next season. I doubt he'd be the main villain, and I don't think they'll bring back Fisk again so soon (I'd save his return for a third season big twist). I hadn't even considered the Punisher showing up, that'd blow my goddamn mind.

Have you ever seen Dardevil's rogues gallery? You pretty much need Elektra and Punisher just to make him more legit, because outside of Bullseye and MAYBE Tombstone and Owl (Purple Man is in Jessica Jones), you have a lot of nonsense.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Will what about Mysterio? Doors he count? I read a trade paperback where he was the villain of the arc, basically had convinced Daredevil some baby was the Antichrist and that he has to kill it or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

greatn posted:

Will what about Mysterio? Doors he count? I read a trade paperback where he was the villain of the arc, basically had convinced Daredevil some baby was the Antichrist and that he has to kill it or something.

Hell no. Marvel isn't going to let Netflix within an inch of Spiderman.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah, I thought it was just a easter egg and not really : This is Bullseye. Bullseye doesn't miss and wouldn't fail to kill someone.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, I thought it was just a easter egg and not really : This is Bullseye. Bullseye doesn't miss and wouldn't fail to kill someone.

The only person he can't get between his sights is the one person who can't see at all.

really makes you think.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Darth Ballz posted:

Have you ever seen Dardevil's rogues gallery? You pretty much need Elektra and Punisher just to make him more legit, because outside of Bullseye and MAYBE Tombstone and Owl (Purple Man is in Jessica Jones), you have a lot of nonsense.

How dare you call the Prince of Atlantis suing the city of New York and randomly finding their law firm in the phone book a nonsense plotline. And then when every other Marvel character available does the exact same thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

But he missed.

AnonSpore posted:

I don't mean he missed Ben, I mean he failed to kill Blake when he shot to kill.

The Sharmat posted:

He didn't miss their bodies, he missed organs and failed to kill some of them.

docbeard posted:

Hollismason posted:

Guys, if they changed the Kingpin from a grotesquely huge dude who's actually all muscle to just a fat guy who's also strong with custom body armor, maaaaaaayyyyyyyybe they'll change Bullseye from a guy with superhuman accuracy to a guy who's just a world-class marksman and maybe has some experimental stabilizing gear for his sniper rifle or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just like how Wilson Fisk isn't Kingpin yet, Bullseye isn't an infallible marksman yet.

Problem solved.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it was in that IGN interview where they asked specifically about the Elektra and Bullseye call outs and DeKnight and he just had a big smile on his face and said "I can say nothing" when they mentioned the card. It was Bullseye.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Not MY Bullseye. :colbert:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Maybe someone else paid Bullseye to gently caress up the kill shot?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Darth Ballz posted:

Death Stalker, Gladiator, Angar the Screamer, Nuke, Mr. Fear, Mr. Hyde...actually, If they could get Muad'ad to be in it I'd be fine with that honestly.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm still pretty impressed at the amount of Russian, Japanese, and Mandarin in the show. Usually it's one or two sentences max and then even two characters who are supposedly native speakers decide to speak English with each other "for practice" or whatever.

I really appreciate that they had some lengthy dialogue in foreign languages, even if it wasn't great in spots.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

NecroMonster posted:

Maybe someone else paid Bullseye to gently caress up the kill shot?
I mean, it's a long shot (:haw:) and purely speculative besides, but Leland could have done this. He was looking for some kind of leverage over Fisk this whole time, and Dirty Cop #1 might've been his first choice before having to settle on Dirty Cop #2.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well that was a great show, but i hope a second season can continue as strongly with Fisk no longer in the same position. Also honestly the closer he got to comic Daredevil near the end, I think the tone suffered a little bit - leaping off a rooftop in an iconic night shot and all this talk of the city 30 seconds before felt a little like it was pushing Dark Knight territory a bit hard, more than usual even. The grittier the show was, the better it was, though the Stick episode was a lot of fun.

But overall, that's just minor nitpicking. Absolutely badass series and I'm definitely on board with season 2.

ED: Also perhaps a stupid question or something I missed, but it seemed like Foggy/Karen were clearly building a relationship, then abruptly Foggy bangs his ex girlfriend and then they suddenly act like they have a brother/sister relationship. Now mind you, I think that's entirely fine as a transition, but it seemed like there was not so much as a single scene between romantic interest/friend or sibling interest. It's just like they decided to take a hard left with it. Am I alone on that?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I think her "hey pretend you are your friend and touch me" scene kind of sank it for him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah,

"Is this a date?"
"You know what I think it is. Now could you close your eyes and touch my face so I can pretend you're actually Matt?"

was the one time I was like "fuuuuuuuck yooouuuuu Karen"

Also all of Foggy's machismo of how he would totally beat up that masked terrorist if he saw him was probably a turn off.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Stilt-Man or go home.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
I don't really enjoy Bullseye as a guy who can throw a toothpick through a window from a few hundred yards away and kill someone. (That was Kevin Smith's writing, I think.)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't really enjoy Bullseye as a guy who can throw a toothpick through a window from a few hundred yards away and kill someone. (That was Kevin Smith's writing, I think.)

I love that interpretation of him personally, since it makes him a lot more threatening in a world full of heroes who can benchpress mountains and throw punches from the punch dimension through their eyes. In the comics it's a perfect fit. In something like this though yea, that'd be out of place and he's more like to just be a really, really good sniper who also is good with throwing knives or something.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

He incapacitates Elektra with a playing card.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!
Sure, a thick playing card, to the throat, in relatively close quarters. Bullseye's schtick doesn't benefit from deliberately trying to make it as out-there is possible, which Smith tended to do with pretty much every character he wrote in comics.

I don't want to quibble. I thought it was hilarious when he knocked out Daredevil with a paper airplane.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Halloween Jack posted:

Sure, a thick playing card, to the throat, in relatively close quarters. Bullseye's schtick doesn't benefit from deliberately trying to make it as out-there is possible, which Smith tended to do with pretty much every character he wrote in comics.

I don't want to quibble. I thought it was hilarious when he knocked out Daredevil with a paper airplane.

He slits her throat with a thrown playing card. That's the entire point of his iconic "But me? I'm magic." line. She throws a sai, he throws a playing card. He catches her sai, she gets her throat slit. Then he does his "For my next trick" and kills her with her own sai. He fights relatively equally with magic ninjas when he's never had a moments training in anything in his entire life. Having him be the guy who just doesn't miss is about the barest level of competence you can give him to play at the level he plays at.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Well, Forbes is taking the click-bait route

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benjaminmoore/2015/04/28/marvel-daredevil-overrated/

This guy has a pretty weak profile as far as articles goes and it seems like this is his "Oh, I'm so much smarter then all the others" after a few months of making GBS threads on movie trailers and being a buzzfeed-esque writer that I'm shocked he works at Forbes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

Well, Forbes is taking the click-bait route

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benjaminmoore/2015/04/28/marvel-daredevil-overrated/

This guy has a pretty weak profile as far as articles goes and it seems like this is his "Oh, I'm so much smarter then all the others" after a few months of making GBS threads on movie trailers and being a buzzfeed-esque writer that I'm shocked he works at Forbes.

Yeah the "official" review Forbes did said DD was the best thing that the MCU has ever done.