Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ed nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

the reason british people like them is that they make the bang noise before you get your lovely paper hat and cracker jack box toy.

americans make the bang noise with a variety of things constantly and as such don''t bother with them

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

i have never met anyone named ed irl

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

americans make the bang noise with a variety of things constantly

Most notably, your mom

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Improbable Lobster posted:

i have never met anyone named ed irl

boy do i have a ham radio net for you

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Nintendo Kid posted:

the reason british people like them is that they make the bang noise before you get your lovely paper hat and cracker jack box toy.

actually it's all about the terrible unfunny jokes

much like etc

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bucketmouse posted:

apparently we can't be trusted with Christmas crackers either because of ~~choking hazards~~

the helicopter parent world is a depressing one

this perspective is afforded to you from the extreme helicopter privilege you already benefit hugely from and take for granted

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Mido posted:

this perspective is afforded to you from the extreme helicopter privilege you already benefit hugely from and take for granted

i think i missed the worst of it by 5-6 years but probably to some extent. i built poo poo out of cardboard with boxcutters and hotglue all the time as a preteen and can only remember one babysitter ever batting an eye over it

this particular case was w/r/t a relative bitching about not being able to get them last christmas citing that reason and it stuck in my mind as weird even by kid safety standards

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
seriously though christmas crackers aint banned in the us or even not carried by stores, unless you live somewhere real rural maybe.

people just don't want to buy them because they kinda suck.

bucketmouse posted:

i think i missed the worst of it by 5-6 years but probably to some extent. i built poo poo out of cardboard with boxcutters and hotglue all the time as a preteen and can only remember one babysitter ever batting an eye over it

what even is this, do you believe dumb nerd facebook forwards?

this is like the young adult version of the war on christmas

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nintendo Kid posted:

seriously though christmas crackers aint banned in the us or even not carried by stores, unless you live somewhere real rural maybe.

people just don't want to buy them because they kinda suck.

what even is this, do you believe dumb nerd facebook forwards?

this is like the young adult version of the war on christmas

making your own crackers can be kind of novel, so long as you remember to put in your own awful dad jokes

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE GUY WHO INVENTED LIFESAVERS?

THEY SAY HE MADE A MINT!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

my parents bought a huge package of them or something, so tehre's enough of the poo poo things for the next 12 christmases over at their house. they are terrible but that's the point, that's the fun. you suffer the jokes together and put on the silly hats and trade the dumb trinkets.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

25 years ago we literally made loving lawn darts illegal because one child may have gotten hurt, somewhere, once

a long time ago, my pops promised that when we moved into the new house we'd get a lawn darts set. they got banned two weeks before we moved in. mega owned

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Dish posted:

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE GUY WHO INVENTED LIFESAVERS?

THEY SAY HE MADE A MINT!

i hate you so much right now

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Migishu posted:

i hate you so much right now

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SCARECROW WHO WON THE NOBEL PRIZE?

HE WAS OUTSTANDING IN HIS FIELD!

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Suspicious Dish posted:

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SCARECROW WHO WON THE NOBEL PRIZE?

HE WAS OUTSTANDING IN HIS FIELD!

What kind of work could a scarecrow possibly do that would earn him the Nobel prize? A scarecrow is not sentient or ambulatory and would probably find a hard time being recognized by the Nobel committee. That's stupid. It's like saying that you nominated a table for a peace prize because someone signed important papers on it. Get a clue retard.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

^^^ every time I make a joke on Facebook

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PipeRifle posted:

What kind of work could a scarecrow possibly do that would earn him the Nobel prize? A scarecrow is not sentient or ambulatory and would probably find a hard time being recognized by the Nobel committee. That's stupid. It's like saying that you nominated a table for a peace prize because someone signed important papers on it. Get a clue retard.

any scarecrow has been better for the whole of humanity than henry kissinger

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE TWO SATELLITES THAT GOT MARRIED?

THE WEDDING WASN'T MUCH, BUT THE RECEPTION WAS INCREDIBLE!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Suspicious Dish posted:

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE TWO SATELLITES THAT GOT MARRIED?

THE WEDDING WASN'T MUCH, BUT THE RECEPTION WAS INCREDIBLE!

you're my daughter's new favourite poster

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE CHEESE FACTORY THAT EXPLODED IN FRANCE?

THERE WAS NOTHING LEFT BUT DE BRIE!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
this is the best thread in yospos rn

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

this is the best thread in yospos rn

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
oh christmas poppers, that's what y'all are talking about

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

JawnV6 posted:

oh christmas poppers, that's what y'all are talking about

amyl nitrate makes a great christmas gift though

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pocketextender/pocket-extenders-for-big-screen-phones?ref=city

The First Lesson: Our first setback occurred one week before launch. Samples were supposed to be made and instead, not one piece delivered was up to our standards in quality: stitching was crooked, lines were completely off, design was completely changed, and dimensions were incorrect by over 1 inch. There was absolutely NO WAY we would allow any of our supporters or the members of the press to get their hands on these.

Due to this issue, and in order to stay on schedule for launch date, the product pictured was not professionally made. Rest assured, when you support Pocket Extenders, the product will be professionally made to all correct specs (Yay to more crooked lines!). Problem was solved and we are again smooth sailing.

Like all things, risks and challenges are always involved. Like all challenges, solutions exist. I've accounted for potential setbacks (supplies, labor, production costs, etc.) by spending hours on research before conception. I have worked endless hours sourcing out the perfect fabric, drawing up the best design, convincing a friend to help create the prototype (a necessity for someone with no sewing skills) and finally, Pocket Extenders are ready to share with all of you. I have on board several seamstresses and tailors that I have developed great relationships with and who support and believe in the product design.

i had some friends sew this lovely thing, give me money and i'll actually pay someone to make something no one will buy. there is no second lesson

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PipeRifle posted:

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PipeRifle posted:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

once at roskilde festival we had poppers & a swedish guy wanted to try, but he was so drunk he drank it

i dunno what happened to him after that

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

dat booty tho

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

PipeRifle posted:

The Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Why did snoop dog bring an umbrella?

lil wayne was outside

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Wild EEPROM posted:

Why did snoop dog bring an umbrella?

lil wayne was outside

what's brown and rhymes with snoop

dr dre

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

computer parts posted:

what's brown and rhymes with snoop

dr dre

:monocle:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

swim in the Thames!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thamesbaths/thames-baths-a-new-beautiful-lido-for-the-river-th?ref=popular

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i like this.
i would look at it once then put it down and never touch it again

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/950135094/pocket-universes-customizable-infinity-cube-kits?ref=popular

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

wozfans.com!
no, not for people who adore steve wozniak, the lovable goof of apple's yesteryear has put four fans on an outdoor umbrella clamp!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/734206286/wozfans-the-ultimate-summer-fan?ref=popular

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Do you remember? goons said Filipino food was garbage. Kickstarter would like to help change that.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/842410820/bad-saint-filipino-food-in-washington-dc?ref=popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

wozfans.com!
no, not for people who adore steve wozniak, the lovable goof of apple's yesteryear has put four fans on an outdoor umbrella clamp!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/734206286/wozfans-the-ultimate-summer-fan?ref=popular

"I bet if you created a kick starter no matter what it is it'll get funded"

• Locked thread