Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011
Eh, the fishbowl recipe isn't that bad as far as diabetic "cocktails" go - it's got some acidity from the pineapple juice (and possibly the sweet-and-sour mix depending on what you're using), and I assume not all the candy would dissolve into the liquid, especially given how fast people probably slam those. I've seen far nastier sugar bombs listed on cocktail menus, and most of them aren't at least fun to look at.

If you wanna really feel your pancreas shudder, just google "martini" + the name of any dessert and have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

bald gnome error posted:

Eh, the fishbowl recipe isn't that bad as far as diabetic "cocktails" go - it's got some acidity from the pineapple juice (and possibly the sweet-and-sour mix depending on what you're using), and I assume not all the candy would dissolve into the liquid, especially given how fast people probably slam those. I've seen far nastier sugar bombs listed on cocktail menus, and most of them aren't at least fun to look at.

If you wanna really feel your pancreas shudder, just google "martini" + the name of any dessert and have fun.

Hmmm, you're right. Cheesecake Martini

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

quote:

You might prefer to double to the cream cheese and triple the sugar.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

bald gnome error posted:

sorry to disappoint, but the nerds turn into a discoloured pile of sludge pretty drat quickly. also when I made one it was without sweet-and-sour mix so that's my fault.

oh hey this doesn't look too bad, I'm guessing it's a festive drink

frozen fluffernutter martini

yeah nevermind

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I had a key lime pie martini at an office christmas dinner once, since my drinks were paid for and I like trying weird cocktails.

That poo poo was absolutely rank, the first sip nearly made me gag. And I like sweet drinks. Never again.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

THE DRUNKEN CANDY MAN
Red Layer***
Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
Strawberry Liqueur
White Rum

Yellow Layer***
Mango Daiquiri Mix
Peach Schnapps
Gin

Blue Layer***
Vodka
Blue Curacao
Pineapple Juice

Candies***
Sour Watermelon Sharks
Airheads Xtreme
Nerds

ChimiCherryChanga From the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic television series

Bulgar Ashkhan From the Defiance television series

Scrab Cakes From the Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey video game

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

diabeetz posted:

THE DRUNKEN CANDY MAN
Red Layer***
Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
Strawberry Liqueur
White Rum

Yellow Layer***
Mango Daiquiri Mix
Peach Schnapps
Gin

Blue Layer***
Vodka
Blue Curacao
Pineapple Juice

Candies***
Sour Watermelon Sharks
Airheads Xtreme
Nerds

I would drink that, even if I wasn't stoned, and I would enjoy the diabeetus.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If we're talking drinks with extreme garnish, my friend and I drunkenly concocted a chocolate-rumchata martini with a little extra garnish

garnish with an entire cosmic brownie

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011

Hahaha it refers to serving it "as a meal" if you up the graham crackers on the rim (which are, of course, stuck on with the same cream cheese/ice cream concoction)

e: also I have to give the cosmic brownie float props for sheer commitment, if nothing else

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

death .cab for qt posted:

If we're talking drinks with extreme garnish, my friend and I drunkenly concocted a chocolate-rumchata martini with a little extra garnish

I'm surprised it floats...

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm surprised it floats...

Is it not just resting on the bottom?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It definitely floated. And it absorbed so much alcohol that it was basically inedible.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

It definitely floated. And it absorbed so much alcohol that it was basically inedible.
Cooking with alcohol is a fine art sometimes. I had a friend make some rum cupcakes one time that were way too moist and each one probably had a shot of rum in it. So loving gross.

Edit: dum

stuxracer has a new favorite as of 05:28 on Apr 29, 2015

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

And it absorbed so much alcohol that it was basically inedible.

They start that way.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

stuxracer posted:

Cooking with alcohol is a fine art sometimes. I had a friend make some rum cupcakes one time that were way too moist and each one probably had a shot of rum in it. So loving gross.

Edit: dum

On, the other hand, I have my grandmother's rum cake recipe that has like a cup of rum each in both the cake and the glaze

Also, while looking something up, I came across this ridiculous thing:

quote:

Oyster stout

Oysters have had a long association with stout. When stouts were emerging in the 18th century, oysters were a commonplace food often served in public houses and taverns. By the 20th century, oyster beds were in decline, and stout had given way to pale ale.

The first known brewery to use oysters as part of the brewing process of stout was in 1938 by the Hammerton Brewery in London, UK. The brewery was re-established in 2014 and is once again brewing an Oyster Stout.

Modern oyster stouts may be made with a handful of oysters in the barrel, hence the claim of one establishment, the Porterhouse Brewery in Dublin, that their award-winning Oyster Stout was not suitable for vegetarians.

The Glumslinger has a new favorite as of 06:26 on Apr 29, 2015

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rumchata is amazing, I need to get some more. Usually just drink it straight, though, and not with a brownie float...

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rah! posted:

Anything that gets rid of kudzu is good too, whether it involves eating it or not.

I don't think we could get rid of kudzu even if the entire planet switched over to an all kudzu diet and there was also an atomic war.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

I don't think we could get rid of kudzu even if the entire planet switched over to an all kudzu diet and there was also an atomic war.
Atomic war might make it worse, by giving rise to Kudzilla.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

skander posted:

Atomic war might make it worse, by giving rise to Kudzilla.

It should be atomic goats. If you think about it, it's the only reasonable solution.

L. Ron Mexico
May 14, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

eh, it's not bad. it's nothing special, it's just a pretty standard industrial stout, and doesn't taste of oysters at all of course

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

This on the other hand, is not good:

Nothing does the job like piss beer with clam flavor and "certified color".

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Glumslinger posted:

On, the other hand, I have my grandmother's rum cake recipe that has like a cup of rum each in both the cake and the glaze

Your opinion is bad and wrong and I disagree with it :colbert:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Isn't 4.5% ABV really low?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Throatwarbler posted:

It's not super high but it's not low either
Between 3.5-5% is pretty typical for beer in the UK

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Throatwarbler posted:

It's quite common for stouts, lagers and ales

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Rah! posted:

This on the other hand, is not good:

Nothing does the job like piss beer with clam flavor and "certified color".

These are legendarily terrible, and yet they practically fly off the shelves around here.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

These are legendarily terrible, and yet they practically fly off the shelves around here.

Hispanic people absolutely love them. Those and the premade spice cups you pour beer into are practically a staple of Hispanic drinking habits.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's quite common for stouts, lagers and ales

Yeah, Guinness clocks in at 4.0%. Like Marzen/Vienna, it's a beer designed to be consumed in large quantities without trashing you too much, too fast.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

pentyne posted:

Hispanic people absolutely love them. Those and the premade spice cups you pour beer into are practically a staple of Hispanic drinking habits.

Premade spice cups you pour beer into? And I always assumed those budweiser morning beer flavors were for alcoholics that just didn't realize it yet.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FetusSlapper posted:

Premade spice cups you pour beer into? And I always assumed those budweiser morning beer flavors were for alcoholics that just didn't realize it yet.

These things are loving every in CA.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Mind flayer biscuits are an interesting concept, however that red thing looks like pre-processed sausage and, well, :barf:

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

pentyne posted:

These things are loving every in CA.

I appreciate your rage disrupting your grammar. I'm not sure how to process the existence of such a product. At what price point does it become better to get a case of pabst or some other doghair brew to justify buying pre-spiced cups for said macrospew. Thinking back, however, I do remember a lot of the party stores in Michigan having little packets of lemon/lime salt you could just buy for 3 /dollar with no real explanation. I always figured those were for some kind of tequila based martini or something.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Pentaro posted:

Mind flayer biscuits are an interesting concept, however that red thing looks like pre-processed sausage and, well, :barf:

Those are Ood, not mind flayers :goonsay:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FetusSlapper posted:

I appreciate your rage disrupting your grammar. I'm not sure how to process the existence of such a product. At what price point does it become better to get a case of pabst or some other doghair brew to justify buying pre-spiced cups for said macrospew. Thinking back, however, I do remember a lot of the party stores in Michigan having little packets of lemon/lime salt you could just buy for 3 /dollar with no real explanation. I always figured those were for some kind of tequila based martini or something.

They're actually pretty good :shrug:

Can't find them easily here in the Midwest, but I was in eastern Texas a few weeks ago and was tripping over the drat things.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Those are Ood, not mind flayers :goonsay:
I thought they looked pretty cute and cuddly for illithids.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

FetusSlapper posted:

Thinking back, however, I do remember a lot of the party stores in Michigan having little packets of lemon/lime salt you could just buy for 3 /dollar with no real explanation. I always figured those were for some kind of tequila based martini or something.

They are called beer salts, most common is Twang. You put them in your beer (Mexican beers mostly). Don't add too much at once and make sure to cover the beer with your thumb or you will be chugging head.

Here in Dallas you can find them at pretty much anywhere that sells beer for like 10 cents a package. They are also not bad sprinkling a little on your tongue for a flavor kick.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
I don't remember seeing this posted in the thread, but I thought you guys might be interested.
The Big Max

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Dooky Dingo posted:

I don't remember seeing this posted in the thread, but I thought you guys might be interested.
The Big Max

It might be poo poo but you gotta admit its hilarious.
still better than Burger King

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Dooky Dingo posted:

The Big Max

That reminds me of Thompson's Gambit which was recently posted in the Windwaker LP thread. It's nice to see gross food making people happy. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dooky Dingo posted:

The Big Max

Why does the system even allow you to add 10x anything? Even if you just went with a normal burger and, say, 10x bacon, it would already be ridiculous. 4x is probably the practical limit for any ingredient. :psyduck:

• Locked thread