Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

But I thought this game already had a lot of Asian dogs in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Burn it all down.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Preechr posted:

Burn it all down.

:agreed:

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Preechr posted:

Burn it all down.

And order Neelix to salt the earth.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I absolutely love how pubbies can't just be happy and have all added additional requests and complaints to their posts. The devs should know by now that appeasement never works; they'll just find more things to whine about.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Tunicate posted:

You're thinking of autistic dogs. Possibly autistic dog owners - I'm not sure.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tunicate posted:

The one guy who refused to be an Asian dog got banned for it I think.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1358651

He made a thread when his ban was over saying it was all a misunderstanding because he liked dogs and he liked Asian people, and he meant Asians grind and dogs follow their masters and blah blah that went on for more than 20 pages before the mods nuked it.

Google cache has parts of the thread, there is a quote from him (lystent) preserved on this page

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 29, 2015

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

I think this was more an admission that the furry menace is too great for him to even combat.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Lagomorphic posted:

Go beam arrays. AP DBBs + omnibeams works but you want to be running at full throttle for the pedal to the metal trait from the pilot spec and that's a pain in the dick with anything other than beam arrays. Stick with AP though and try to farm up some crtdx4 or crtdx3 pen arrays.

I'll try to get a full build up latter.

Ya, you are right. Cruiser broadsiding is the easiest thing to do in the game. I might build up a DBB boat for when I'm running CCE but I'll stick to my Beams for now. It's my delta alt so I don't have Pedal to the Metal yet but it still makes sense to just circle strafe.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/347ar9/stump_star_trek_onlines_lead_designer_for_prizes/

I'd participate in this just for the outfit if it wasn't :effort: and Reddit.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Ya, you are right. Cruiser broadsiding is the easiest thing to do in the game. I might build up a DBB boat for when I'm running CCE but I'll stick to my Beams for now. It's my delta alt so I don't have Pedal to the Metal yet but it still makes sense to just circle strafe.
Yeah, so much stuff in PVE is trivialized by just circling around enemies. A lot of the recent targeted debuffs are aimed at your position, so the sit-and-turreting that DHCs or even DBBs encourage is crippling, and the AI of more recent enemy groups is improved enough that they do actually attempt to surround you or get behind you.

XenZakki
Apr 18, 2007
I AM YOUR PANTS
Ahoi, Space Mateys.

Yawei@unicirc here. Wanna join up with some federation bullshit so I can get that delta recruit bonus poo poo. Alaska Goon, am usually on later times (between 3pm and midnight pst), could someone pick me up, so I can get on the TheNextGooneration channel? I also have a 43 engineer character, but he's a bit outdated, and I don't use him much other than to do some dailys for dilitium.
Ryouk@unicirc and Yawei@unicirc are the two names though. Anyway. Thanks.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
welcome to enjoy your ap beam mondian

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Glad my pocket change could brighten your day

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

XenZakki posted:

Ahoi, Space Mateys.

Yawei@unicirc here. Wanna join up with some federation bullshit so I can get that delta recruit bonus poo poo. Alaska Goon, am usually on later times (between 3pm and midnight pst), could someone pick me up, so I can get on the TheNextGooneration channel? I also have a 43 engineer character, but he's a bit outdated, and I don't use him much other than to do some dailys for dilitium.
Ryouk@unicirc and Yawei@unicirc are the two names though. Anyway. Thanks.

You're in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

I'm just glad to sell it, I bought 5 of them from a guy for like 68 each more than a month ago and figured I could flip them pretty easily, but at one point there were like 20 on the exchange and it looked like I'd be stuck with them or a loss, only have 1 more left to get rid of.

Starting to sell my last stack of sheshar promo packs now, I'm worried they will do another shehar event soon as part of their never ending c-store blitz.

They used to redo bug promos right around the time bugs disappeared from the ex, and she shares are few and far between anymore.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Time to log in and put mine up for 1 credit less than yours then.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Aren't those Sheshars tier 5-U now though?

They won't sell well to the masses.

They should make a cross faction Caitian furry dreadnought ship that's only in special lockbox packs that cost $10 a pop. Half the chance as regular lockboxes too.

They would make soooo much money from retards.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 30, 2015

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

I absolutely love how pubbies can't just be happy and have all added additional requests and complaints to their posts. The devs should know by now that appeasement never works; they'll just find more things to whine about.

Pubbies are loving seagulls and devs need to stop feeding them.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Aren't those Sheshars tier 5-U now though?
Sheshars are the big Elachi dreadnoughts, they're T6. It's the Bulwarks (the Voth space dildoes) that are T5u. And still fairly pricy since Cryptic hasn't ever done a rerun or update of them like they have with the JHAS/JHSS.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Mondian posted:

:fsmug:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Starting to sell my last stack of sheshar promo packs now, I'm worried they will do another shehar event soon as part of their never ending c-store blitz.

The rumor amongst in-game traders is that there'll likely be some event in a couple of weeks. Feels like the JHSS was just yesterday, but with how they've been bombarding players with new ships, I wouldn't doubt an updated Bulwark is on its way.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I haven't played this game since it's release but a friend said it was worth Checking Out Again. I rolled an Engineer last night, am I hopeless and should just delete the character (and uninstall and buy a new computer)? OP makes it sound like they are forever terrible.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

quote:

I haven't played this game since it's release but a friend said it was worth Checking Out Again.

On one hand it's improved lightyears since release, on the other hand it peaked about six months ago and the new expansion is busy driving it into the ground.

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I rolled an Engineer last night, am I hopeless and should just delete the character (and uninstall and buy a new computer)? OP makes it sound like they are forever terrible.

They're crappy for minmaxing in space... but honestly, they're fun as poo poo on the ground, so I don't care.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is this the ultimate pubbie?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23638321&postcount=135

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I haven't played this game since it's release but a friend said it was worth Checking Out Again. I rolled an Engineer last night, am I hopeless and should just delete the character (and uninstall and buy a new computer)? OP makes it sound like they are forever terrible.

Roll a tac but keep the engi. You get like 4 char slots to start with now and having a few spare characters at level 11+ is pretty much necessary to get dilithium/zen at a decent rate. Alternatively just play whatever the gently caress you want. You don't need to min/max to play this game and any class can hold it's own in the endgame with a decent build.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 30, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How much money is that? This person alone is going to fund STO for a long time.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Roll a tac but keep the engi. You get like 4 char slots to start with now and having a few spare characters at level 11+ is pretty much necessary to get dilithium/zen at a decent rate. Alternatively just play whatever the gently caress you want. You don't need to min/max to play this game and any class can hold it's own in the endgame with a decent build.
Don't listen to this bullshit, please reroll a tac while you still can and don't have huge sunk costs.

Love, an engineer.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
What STO truly needs is an updated Bortasqu', to make an excellent ship even more excellent.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Let's be honest, there's no way Cryptic is going to release another 8-weapon ship with Sensor Analysis now that that's been buffed.

I am glad embassy consoles got re-buffed though, the tal'shiar battlecruiser remains a fun underrated gem.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

hakimashou posted:

welcome to enjoy your ap beam mondian

I'm finishing up a Dual Phaser Beam Bank [AC/Dm] [CrtD]x4 Mk XIV I am upgrading to XII or XIV before I put it on the exchange. If anyone here is hunting one, let me know. I'm putting the proceeds towards an Astika or Nicor maybe..

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 30, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Isn't it something

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Isn't it something

Makes me wonder if he hired StudioXEAN for his graphics.

Edit: Speaking of Xean, here is the official XTERN1TY rap Xean created for his failed Runescape guild.

http://forum.runescape.com/forums.ws?90,91,723,63403662,goto,27

quote:

Woke up in da club XTERNITY,
My friend Amazing & me,
Wondering on which side of Wizer's FOG we'd end up on.
They call me Master Xean
Cause I roll with Dom Perignon,
Goldeneye, spam, Goth, Xidia, Zammy, Sal and Won!

quote:

Like Ronan,
We got dat Conan
Work out every mornin', yup.
Join Ki-Krusher,
Get dat Choc rush uh,
In XTERNITY, cuz that's wazzup!

quote:

The XTERNITY Team Song, Copyright Xean

:captainpop:

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 2, 2015

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:stare:

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DonDoodles posted:

Edit: Speaking of Xean, here is the official XTERN1TY rap Xean created for his failed Runescape guild.

:captainpop:

I echo Asimo's :stare:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
More xean news, he made new names for the ranks in xtern1ty

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
:gowron: My immersion!

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
RIP reliable alt leveling method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

faxmachine posted:

RIP reliable alt leveling method

Surprised it took them this long to take out a painless way of levelling to be honest. Grind out levels the Cryptic Approved way or gently caress off.

More leaks, more woe, more cash grabs.

• Locked thread