Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
So, I just played this game for like seven and a half hours straight. I started running around the world and doing quests as soon as the game gave me the freedom to do so, and according to the map screen I'm about 13% done...

with the first zone :negative:

Anyway, it's really good. I don't like the silent protagonist and the music seems hella weird a lot of the time, but it's still more Xenoblade, which I really wouldn't feel right complaining about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xavier434 posted:

Given that a lot of good JRPGs don't see the light of day on home consoles in the West anymore, I am willing to be flexible with DLC as long as it is high quality and I hope a lot of people decide to buy it. Anything that brings more of these kinds of games over to the West is a good thing in my book (well..almost anything).

It's more that there really aren't any, not that we don't get them here. Outside of Square, Atlus, Bamco and NIS, the only companies doing home console JRPG's are Idea Factory/Compile Heart poo poo tier stuff. And only one of those does anything approaching big budget ones.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Can someone be kind and tell me how I can play Xeno X in Europe?

I'd like to play it entirely in Japanese, if possible. I don't have a Wii U (yet).

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Buy a Japanese Wii U and a copy of the game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

darkgray posted:

Can someone be kind and tell me how I can play Xeno X in Europe?

I'd like to play it entirely in Japanese, if possible. I don't have a Wii U (yet).

Buy a Japanese region wii u, buy the Japanese version of the game.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
From where? One of these things?

How do you make it run on a 230V Euro outlet? :(

(And how does DLC purchasing work)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Supposedly the Wii u's adapter is 110/220 even though it isn't marked that way. If you don't trust that you can buy a small step-down transformer to get 110 out of your outlet.

You can buy Japanese Nintendo money cards from play asia or some other site.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

It's more that there really aren't any, not that we don't get them here. Outside of Square, Atlus, Bamco and NIS, the only companies doing home console JRPG's are Idea Factory/Compile Heart poo poo tier stuff. And only one of those does anything approaching big budget ones.

True, but the same theory applies. If a higher budget home console JRPG does well here in the West and also pushes console sales in the East then more people might be willing to risk the investment of developing more. That or at the very least they might be more willing to invest in porting handheld JRPGs over into the digital realm where they show up on various virtual console stores for different home console systems as well as PC.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Just leaving this here in case you thought only the girls get to wear skimpy outfits.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Dastardly posted:

Just leaving this here in case you thought only the girls get to wear skimpy outfits.

Wow I can't believe they're porting The Phantom Pain to Wii U.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Currently watching the credits roll on a stream.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Issues like skimpy clothing annoy me, but much like the first game I'll just sell that crap off and choose style over stats. More challenging that way anyways which is nice.

This soundtrack teaser though, the orchestral stuff is solid despite appearing to have less variety than XC, but fuckkk the majority of those vocal tracks are a disappointment (especially if they're looped during exploration). What a shame, wasn't the soundtrack one of most positively reviews parts of XC? Surprised they went in such a different direction.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSn3NiV6tWs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao drat, that's catchy as hell

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

kalensc posted:

Issues like skimpy clothing annoy me, but much like the first game I'll just sell that crap off and choose style over stats. More challenging that way anyways which is nice.

This soundtrack teaser though, the orchestral stuff is solid despite appearing to have less variety than XC, but fuckkk the majority of those vocal tracks are a disappointment (especially if they're looped during exploration). What a shame, wasn't the soundtrack one of most positively reviews parts of XC? Surprised they went in such a different direction.

I haven't heard any vocal tracks when out in the world aside from the one that plays when you're flying in your robot. They're mostly reserved for cutscenes and battles. Fwiw I think a lot of the field music is pretty nice aside from a few odd choices.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Finally! Now it's just the wait until someone records a proper version of the Manon ship. http://a.pomf.se/aaodzv.mp3

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013

Terper posted:

Uh Yeah, Uh Uh Yeah, Uh Yeah, Uh Yeah, Uh Uh

This is great. It's the perfect song to blast in my car when drivin through the hood.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

This is better than Persona 3's Party hardy dorm music.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I wish he'd upload the NLA day theme.

1, 2, 3, 4

This is supremely chill though.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Terper posted:

I wish he'd upload the NLA day theme.

1, 2, 3, 4

This is supremely chill though.

Desert Night
http://m1.music.126.net/1TX3w9dtBf0j9CBm3NYmfA==/2924700930820532.mp3

NLA day
http://m1.music.126.net/izAdBd2EqTatOK80KQwKQQ==/2944492140098459.mp3

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

I don't get why people complain about the soundtrack, it's just a different genre of music compared to the other one.

bossfight posted:

This is great. It's the perfect song to blast in my car when drivin through the hood.

This is actually a major part of the game. Since the robots become cars and all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oooooh mdididi, ledabah lalalalaladehgo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Has the music from the blue grass area been uploaded yet

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't get why people complain about the soundtrack, it's just a different genre of music compared to the other one.

The random background music that plays during exploration isn't bad, it's the event type music.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The random background music that plays during exploration isn't bad, it's the event type music.

The boss battle event music in xenoblade wasn't anything memorable. Yet Gaur Plains was.

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
For me the XBC soundtrack was good, but not usually great. For every great track there were 4 more forgettable ones.

What I really wanted was something closer to the Xenogears soundtrack. To this day some of those tracks evoke a strong mood that very much color my memories of the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Straight Outta New Compton

bossfight posted:

This is great. It's the perfect song to blast in my skell when drivin through the space hood.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

bossfight posted:

For me the XBC soundtrack was good, but not usually great. For every great track there were 4 more forgettable ones.

What I really wanted was something closer to the Xenogears soundtrack. To this day some of those tracks evoke a strong mood that very much color my memories of the game.

Those forgettable ones however kept the mood and atmosphere, never did they draw attention away from the game and make you go, "hey this is the dumbest english I have ever heard."

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

The Taint Reaper posted:

The boss battle event music in xenoblade wasn't anything memorable. Yet Gaur Plains was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQnY7L8ucCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg

I don't know what you're talking about.

On the other hand like half the exploration music in the first game was lame to terrible. Sword Valley's soundtrack just sounds like fart noises to me at this point.

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013

Junkie Disease posted:

Those forgettable ones however kept the mood and atmosphere, never did they draw attention away from the game and make you go, "hey this is the dumbest english I have ever heard."

You make a solid point here. I agree

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
I really enjoyed this one. It had a great contrast to the atmosphere presented in the game prior to it. Not a flagship track by any stretch, but it did the job and felt right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45gdP2OKmU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Yo this poo poo owns.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Dastardly posted:

Geralt, what are you doing? Your game isn't out yet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fish Fry Andy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQnY7L8ucCk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4vCEHpv6Hg

I don't know what you're talking about.

On the other hand like half the exploration music in the first game was lame to terrible. Sword Valley's soundtrack just sounds like fart noises to me at this point.

I can't remember where the first one is from, but the second one was just the generic battle music that I have no strong opinions over.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Xavier434 posted:

I think this is fine but I also think a lot of people are not phased by it because in their minds they don't see a child. They see animated pixels and that equates to either harmless or very limited harm. I can understand this point of view too and there is a reasonable justification for it.

But yeah, just change her age and put this topic to a rest NoA. It is an easy fix.

NoA will say she's 18 like they did for the BD characters and the world will move on while :reddit: cries about anime purity.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Maybe they'll even change her age to "10,000 year old spirit".

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
They could also make her a robot.

That is how they got away with fisting MOMO elbow deep in Xenosaga 1.

E. Fisting implied

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Supercar Gautier posted:

Maybe they'll even change her age to "10,000 year old spirit".

I dunno that's more Legend of Zelda's territory.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't she already a robot anyway, or am I mixing her up with someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

So are we posting untagged spoilers now?

• Locked thread