Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Raina! She can see through time.
Raina! She's like a porcupine!
Raina! The most clairvoyant thing ALIIII-IVE.

:rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

head58 posted:

Did Mack say "...and Coulson's in the office" while he was hooking up the video equipment? Shouldn't he have said Gonzales? He wouldn't have known Coulson was in that side room downloading stuff and I assumed he was referring to the office in the base. Just weird they'd leave in a mistake like that.

Mack said "[a bunch of people are watching the mission] in Coulson's ........ in the office" It was a slip of the tounge about who's office it was, nothing more. At that point in the show they had not landed at the Hydra base, so it wasn't referring to what Coulson was doing in the mission.

The Skye action scene was great. I only realised it was all one take after rewatching it. I wonder how many times they had to do it?

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 29, 2015

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Spergatory posted:

Raina! She can see through time.
Raina! She's like a porcupine!
Raina! The most clairvoyant thing ALIIII-IVE.

:rock:

:vince:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So any bets on BoatSHIELD's cargo being the missing diviners?

Edit: \/ fair point

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Apr 29, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

So any bets on BoatSHIELD's cargo being the missing diviners?

Not really, being as Coulson knows what the cargo is and SHIELD not knowing anything about the diviners until recently.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001
Either theta protocol or the boat cargo is pretty obviously (to me anyway) The work Tony is doing on the Ultron Program that goes so horribly wrong

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Mr Beens posted:

The Skye action scene was great. I only realised it was all one take after rewatching it. I wonder how many times they had to do it?

It's hard to say for sure, but the amazing one-shot fight from Daredevil episode 2 was take 7 or 8. (No story spoilers in the video, just an amazing fight scene.)

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Onean posted:

It's hard to say for sure, but the amazing one-shot fight from Daredevil episode 2 was take 7 or 8. (No story spoilers in the video, just an amazing fight scene.)

After seven or eight tries at that, the exhaustion must have been real.

PierreTheMime posted:

I have to assume that the two-part finale is going to deal directly with that, considering the title of the episode(s) is S.O.S.

Just a guess, but maybe the "cargo" is going to be a dangerous enhanced person - it would help solidify while Olmos Gonzales hates enhanced people so much.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Between this and Chloe with the Fifty Shades of Gregg shirt I like to imagine that whenever not in costume the cast of this show exclusively wears shirts with each other's pictures on them.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Refreshing to see the team just shoot the bad guys without abandoning their weapons to start hand to hand combat, using icers or agonizing over self imposed no killing rules.

I'm looking at you, Arrow.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Senjuro posted:

Refreshing to see the team just shoot the bad guys without abandoning their weapons to start hand to hand combat, using icers or agonizing over self imposed no killing rules.

Skye abandoned her weapon... to grab another and continue killing :unsmigghh:

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Senjuro posted:

They're proud of their adapted three stooges fight sequences.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

PierreTheMime posted:

Yup, the return of Shield as a trained covert organization that is willing to kill the bad guys was nice. I also think this was Simmons' first kill, unless I'm forgetting one, though I can't imagine killing Bakshi could cause her any sleepless nights. Kind of like killing a fly really.

Oh, and I just realized that the rescue operation at the Hydra base really shows the difference between Hydra and Shield. Shield sacrifices a super tricked-out airplane to send in an elite team on a risky mission to save two people that they know of, hypothetical other prisoners, and gain intel. They're willing to risk not killing the top bad guy at the base (List) to do this.

Hydra would just blow the place up and move on.

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Yup, the return of Shield as a trained covert organization that is willing to kill the bad guys was nice. I also think this was Simmons' first kill, unless I'm forgetting one, though I can't imagine killing Bakshi could cause her any sleepless nights. Kind of like killing a fly really.

Oh, and I just realized that the rescue operation at the Hydra base really shows the difference between Hydra and Shield. Shield sacrifices a super tricked-out airplane to send in an elite team on a risky mission to save two people that they know of, hypothetical other prisoners, and gain intel. They're willing to risk not killing the top bad guy at the base (List) to do this.

Hydra would just blow the place up and move on.

I think it more shows how Coulson is different than Hydra or Real SHIELD. If it wasn't for the fact that Coulson's team was going in Real SHIELD would have probably bombed the base as well.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

deadicons posted:

I think it more shows how Coulson is different than Hydra or Real SHIELD. If it wasn't for the fact that Coulson's team was going in Real SHIELD would have probably bombed the base as well.

Ah true, I'd forgotten that Real Shield was gung ho to blow the place up. They aren't the really Real Shield anyway, so my statement holds up :colbert:.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Onean posted:

I'm not downplaying how amazing the scene was, but there's a point where I feel like they cheated, since the action is occurring in a side-room off camera.

Still, it's nice to see some Hard Boiled action in any show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
To be fair, Fury probably would have blown the place up, too.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

NowonSA posted:

She set up a co-worker up as a Shield agent during her time undercover in Hydra which would have resulted in his extremely unpleasant death. That was pretty cold thing to do even if the guy was a bit too happy at the idea of the upcoming mass murders Hydra was planning.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

AlliedBiscuit posted:

During that whole Skye-goes-commando scene I was like "wait, this is May, right? No, wait, no, it's Skye. drat May is a good teacher."

Skye was taught by both Ward and May who, by themselves could single handedly beat the poo poo out of the whole US military. Now have her spend a bit of time training under Bobbi's tutelage and who the gently caress needs the Avengers anymore?

Barack HUSSEIN posted:

Coulson being a smug prick about everything all the time has worn me down on the character. I've gone from being elated about his resurrection when the series started to wishing Loki had done a doubletap.

:frogout:

hiddenriverninja posted:

How's the weather in Wrongopinionstan?

This but unironic.

Keshik posted:

I have to agree with Bennet on that last point, too. I was super duper hoping Simmons was gonna take out Ward the same way he does people, double tap on the ground.
I'm frankly still hoping that is how he goes out. No lingering, no final words, just Simmons taking care of business. :clint:

I sure hope not. Ward is actually a pretty loving cool character, much like Cal. He'll never be a good guy again because of the poo poo he's done, but in his mind there is something he can actually do for redemption. Its like he thinks he just needs to figure out what that is and everything will be okay again.

:wth:
I have not seen the episode yet, but holy poo poo do I not regret clicking that link. This will be glorious.

NowonSA posted:

Ah true, I'd forgotten that Real Shield was gung ho to blow the place up. They aren't the really Real Shield anyway, so my statement holds up :colbert:.

They're the Not so Real Shield or the Bucklers.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

oh i wasn't being ironic either

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dalael posted:

They're the Not so Real Shield or the Bucklers.

BUreauCratic sKepticaL jERks

(They're still working on it.)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

CeeJee posted:

She set up a co-worker up as a Shield agent during her time undercover in Hydra which would have resulted in his extremely unpleasant death. That was pretty cold thing to do even if the guy was a bit too happy at the idea of the upcoming mass murders Hydra was planning.

Well, that's setting up an evil guy to serve a very real and necessary purpose (keeping her cover intact) and using Hydra's own evil tendencies against them. This was straight-up cold-blooded ambush murder. Not even with a gun either, it'd be a quick death but it's a pretty horrifying way to go, and she was so chipper about it too.

Honorable mention to Simmons saying stuff like "I just want to do the right thing" (paraphrasing) when discussing going on the mission, when it also has the obvious meaning of her decision to try to kill Ward.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

twistedmentat posted:

I keep meaning to say this in the BSS movie thread, but MCU Maria Hill is way better than comics Hill. For one, she's capable in the MCU.

I have to disagree:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Phylodox posted:

To be fair, Fury probably would have blown the place up, too.

Nah, wasn't there that story in Cap 2 where Fury executed a dangerous rescue operation even against orders to get the hostages out? Fury's pretty cool.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process
Holy balls that 1-take scene with Skye was incredible. This show is so good now!

Chloe Bennett crushed it.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

She threw her gun at a guy knocking him down, grabbed his own gun and killed him with it

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I like how Ward was like oh now you have done it chipmonk I hope you can deal with having murdered some one and Fitz can love some one as damaged as you. He was hosed up not you, but he didn't become a crazy murder-happy mad scientist.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nephthys posted:

Nah, wasn't there that story in Cap 2 where Fury executed a dangerous rescue operation even against orders to get the hostages out? Fury's pretty cool.

Fury snuck in rather than wait for negotiations. In that case freeing the hostages was the objective, so he got them out in the most expedient way possible. In this case destroying the base was the main objective.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I really liked when Jiaying was all concerned about what went wrong with the teleport and Hydra targeting powered people, all Cal had to say was "let's keep focus on the important stuff - YOU WERE GOING TO ABANDON ME". Man has a clear set of priorities.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
This was the funniest loving episode, writers on fire. I think Ward's "Don't we all deal with stress differently?" in response to being called a psychopathic murdering crazy person was perhaps my favorite.

PierreTheMime posted:

I am so glad that Cal remained calm and actually seems to have worked things out a bit with Jiaying. I was a little worried in their "walk with me" scene that she was literally going to take him to the edge of the mountain, Old Yeller him, and shove him wordlessly off the cliff but thankfully we get to keep him around at least long enough for him to rage out of the invaders next episode.

The Raina and Jiaying power struggle is going to come to a head soon, possibly with her just manipulating others to undermine her authority. I'm curious if either their impending conflict or the invasion of Afterlife will force the Elders to reveal themselves and lay down the law. We're years away from the Inhumans movie, so probably not.

Did anyone else get the feeling Jiayang is keeping Cal around as an ally to solidy her power base for any potential power struggles that come up?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I don't get the feeling that it would help at all. In fact, it probably does more to hurt her.

Something got messed up and Jiayang screwed up and now there is not only an outsider chillin' at the compound, but now they know she is giving special treatment to Skye because she is her daughter.

As if that's bad enough (it is, with how Jiayang talks) but now there's a new chick in town doing the whole prophet thing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

XboxPants posted:

Did anyone else get the feeling Jiayang is keeping Cal around as an ally to solidy her power base for any potential power struggles that come up?

Yep. especially because he blabbed the Big Secret in front of everybody, so it'll probably end up being The Johnson family vs The Elders-who-kill-gently caress-ups that Jiaying warned Skye about, and were the reason for keeping the mother/daughter thing secret in the first place.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't get the feeling that it would help at all. In fact, it probably does more to hurt her.

Something got messed up and Jiayang screwed up and now there is not only an outsider chillin' at the compound, but now they know she is giving special treatment to Skye because she is her daughter.

As if that's bad enough (it is, with how Jiayang talks) but now there's a new chick in town doing the whole prophet thing.

Oh, I don't mean a metaphorical power struggle, like the political side. Yeah, it definitely harms her in that sense. I mean a straight up loving physical struggle where fools are stabbing each other and poo poo. It's entirely possible that it could come to that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

XboxPants posted:

Oh, I don't mean a metaphorical power struggle, like the political side. Yeah, it definitely harms her in that sense. I mean a straight up loving physical struggle where fools are stabbing each other and poo poo. It's entirely possible that it could come to that.

Yeah, Cal's good to have on your side when the knives come out.

Also, did Daisy drop the sickest burn in the MCU on Raina? I can't think of anything that tops it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

Also, did Daisy drop the sickest burn in the MCU on Raina? I can't think of anything that tops it.

Skye's laughing now, but wait until Raina uses her clairvoyance to find the Chaos Emeralds Infinity Stones. THEN see who's laughing. :colbert:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

On my (5th) rewatch of Agent Skye Borne's sequence I've decided I'm a little sad Ward or May weren't around to just be like "jesus loving christ Skye"

She got like a 15 man killstreak and all the witnesses are dead :smith:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Personally I wanted to see Skye use OP earthquake powers to drop the base into the ocean then flip back to the control room with Gonzales all :stonk:

Instead it just got bombed offscreen

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

And finally, Skye being John Wick, Solid Snake, That Dude from Time Crisis, awesome:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Bakshi had a rough life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

I'm still not sure shy she shoots the floor on the second to last guy. Going for his hand, maybe?

Also, eff all you guys who made fun of Bakshi's death. Dude took a bullet for his commander, he went out like a loving champ. Who are we to question who he chose to pledge his allegiance to?

• Locked thread