Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
So, I got an offer from basement dwelling team.

I get: Laroche and McCutchen

I give: Votto and Pederson

Cutch is the best player in the deal, but it's a keeper league and I'm pretty stacked in the outfield already with Upton, Kemp, Soler, and Myers while Pederson is incredibly cheap. I got Votto pretty good in the auction, too, because people were iffy on him. Am I crazy for leaning toward declining or countering? I really don't want LaRoche, but I doubt I can get anyone else of worth from him (he has Abreu and Adam Jones, but doubt I could really sway him).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm a big dummy who dropped Edinson Volquez because I was on my phone and not actually looking at his stats and just went "eh, Volquez won't keep pitching well" :commissar: Please start sucking like vintage Volquez, I guess.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Schweinhund posted:

When is josh hamilton due to play again?

Mid May. Expect 300 PAs the rest of the way, unless he absolutely tanks.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

tadashi posted:

I'm a big dummy who dropped Edinson Volquez because I was on my phone and not actually looking at his stats and just went "eh, Volquez won't keep pitching well" :commissar: Please start sucking like vintage Volquez, I guess.

Talk to your commish. If someone told me that they accidentally dropped a player, I would be more than happy to fix that... but they'd have to have emailed me pretty much immediately after.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He's played 4 games, 2 vs twins, 2 vs chisox. 2 of the worst offenses in baseball.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see we are back to "Brandon Belt is a part time player"

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mattingly is dumb

Hey what's up with Khris Davis other than the Brewers being a dumpster fire

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
His BABIP is a bit above career avg (340 vs 290), his BB% and K% are up a few percent, and his power is way down. Kinda just looks normal except that he hasn't hit any HR yet.
He is on my league's waiver wires and I'm keeping tabs on him for when he starts to show some power then I'll pick him up as a bench OF (cause really there isn't much upside on the wire at all).

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Would you guys trade Rizzo for McCutchen?

Also, Carl Crawford went down with an oblique injury yesterday so it looks like Alex Guererro might finally get some consecutive starts at LF.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you think Cutch is hurt, Rizzo> Cutch

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Biggest Cutch red flag for me is 0 steals and only one attempt. If Cutch hits his usual .315 with 22 homers but only chips in 5-7 steals instead of his usual 20, he is no longer a top 5 player.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

euphronius posted:

Encarnacion is really starting to worry me.

People said the same thing last April, and then he turned it on in May. Mind you, he was hitting slightly better, but was just not hitting home runs.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Tanaka noooooooo :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The least surprising DL stint

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I'm sure Tulo's next, because I'm not COMPLETELY ravaged by injuries yet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Monday_ posted:

does it count as being ravaged by injuries when you draft a known injury prone guy without a backup plan?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Monday_ posted:

Please tell me you drafted Reyes and Tulo "because they can't both get hurt, right?"

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is Bryce Harper hurt yet?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there any possibility Carlos Correa comes up during Lowrie's DL stint?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anthony Rizzo stole his 6th base of the season tonight, tying his career high. He's also 6/6 this year, after coming into the year with a 16:12 ratio.

What.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

does it count as being ravaged by injuries when you draft a known injury prone guy without a backup plan?

I have Peralta as backup who's hitting decent should the poo poo hit the fan.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Jered "Jeff" Weaver

I think after tonight I'm dropping him forever. I was hoping for 18 wins and a 3- something ERA, and I know it's early, but he's dug me a big hole in my roto league.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

DeepDickPizza posted:

Please tell me you drafted Reyes and Tulo "because they can't both get hurt, right?"

Across two teams I've have Lowrie, Zobrist, Bailey, Verlander, Ryu, Wainwright, Peavy, Iwakuma, McCarthy, and now Tanaka.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Anthony Rizzo stole his 6th base of the season tonight, tying his career high. He's also 6/6 this year, after coming into the year with a 16:12 ratio.

What.

joe maddon

rizzo's basically turned into goldschmidt with more SB potential. he rules oh so hard.

what does not rule is streaming aj cole.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Monday_ posted:

Tanaka noooooooo :(

I drafted Tanaka last year in my dynasty league for relatively cheap, with the intent of selling high if he flew out of the gate.

I got Kinsler straight up, and Tanaka literally went on the DL the next week.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

With Bailey going to the 60-day DL, I have now lost my three pitchers I spent the most on -- Wheeler, Ryu, and Bailey.

At least I traded for Archer in the preseason, and just traded for Zimmermann, because the WW is pretty slim pickings.

liveandlove
Oct 11, 2004
Do i mash accept on this

My Mookie betts for his matt carpenter?

I have Arenado and Donaldson, would be another utility slot, 12 team h2h

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Betts is gon be real good

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Moneyball posted:

Jered "Jeff" Weaver

I think after tonight I'm dropping him forever. I was hoping for 18 wins and a 3- something ERA, and I know it's early, but he's dug me a big hole in my roto league.

Yeah, with his 84-mph fastball I think you're more likely to get 3 wins and an 18-something ERA.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

liveandlove posted:

Do i mash accept on this

Do you think Matt Carpenter is going to hit .380 all season and do you think Mookie Betts is going to hit .230 all season? If no, how do you feel it will affect their numbers going forward?

Also, is Mookie your second baseman? If yes, who is replacing him while Carpenter goes to your UTIL slot?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Twin Cinema posted:

With Bailey going to the 60-day DL, I have now lost my three pitchers I spent the most on -- Wheeler, Ryu, and Bailey.

At least I traded for Archer in the preseason, and just traded for Zimmermann, because the WW is pretty slim pickings.

I usually skimp on pitching and trust myself to find good WW guys but I feel like I've been having difficulty doing so this year. My main gift so far has been picking pitchers who get drilled in the face by comebackers :(

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Matt Carpenter is crap for fantasy. Well not crap but average for a 3B.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 29, 2015

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
What are thoughts on Jayson Werth?
Someone dropped him in my league. His BABIP is low, but so (more worryingly) is his power right now. After affects of his injury? Just settling in?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn't keep werth because I was relatively sure his power would be crap.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy

liveandlove posted:

Do i mash accept on this

ABORT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Schweinhund posted:

Matt Carpenter is crap for fantasy. Well not crap but average for a 3B.

Depends on the league settings. And what you consider "average," I guess.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 29, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
If he hits .300 and scores over 90 runs again he can be as average as he loving wants

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

I usually skimp on pitching and trust myself to find good WW guys but I feel like I've been having difficulty doing so this year. My main gift so far has been picking pitchers who get drilled in the face by comebackers :(

Same. I picked up Leake to replace Bailey. Every pitcher I have streamed has also been awful. What the hell?

ChiTownEddie posted:

What are thoughts on Jayson Werth?
Someone dropped him in my league. His BABIP is low, but so (more worryingly) is his power right now. After affects of his injury? Just settling in?

I'd be weary. He's 35, coming off shoulder surgery, and his average fly ball distance has been declining for the past while. If you're looking to Werth for power, you will be disappointed. It's probably worth it to let him sit on the WW, and wait. If you're in an OBP league, he is valuable.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Trumbo's OPS was .695 2 days ago now it's .902.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

IcePhoenix posted:

What.

I don't know about the other 5, but this was the back leg of a double steal.

• Locked thread