Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
My main man Brandon DiMarco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

A bunch of esports people have turned on public DMing, becuase they are huge morons I guess anyways I DMed Stvicious:

Pics or fake

Also how do I dm st vicious and where at,I want to talk to the based smite god

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Luna Was Here posted:

Pics or fake

Also how do I dm st vicious and where at,I want to talk to the based smite god

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Please stop being a lamewad infront of the coolest man in esports. God I wish I could kick your rear end right now!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Please stop being a lamewad infront of the coolest man in esports. God I wish I could kick your rear end right now!

you are acting like its possible to not even be a lamewad infront of the coolest man in esports. compared to him anyone is a lamewad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

But where tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

But where tho

Going to take a wild stab and guess twitter dot com

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Don't you both have to be following each other for that to work tho

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jerkface posted:

A bunch of esports people have turned on public DMing, becuase they are huge morons I guess anyways I DMed Stvicious:

Luna Was Here posted:

Don't you both have to be following each other for that to work tho

i guess my prior explanation requires a bit of working knowledge of twitter, but they added a DM option where you can be DMed by anyone thats following you.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Alex Ich is playing against mancloud in some challenger tournament. things have changed alot since S3

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Altec on Misfits: I totally forgot who their adc was, but maybe an upgrade?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

foutre posted:

Altec on Misfits: I totally forgot who their adc was, but maybe an upgrade?

Their ADC is Intense, formerly of C9T - so yeah, it would be an upgrade if Altec wants to run through Challenger again

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So... CLG black Pobelter and Misfits Altec.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Pobelter I can kind of take or leave but for the love of God Altec deserves a good team.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So I guess massive roster changes at the end of each split is the norm now? Or has it always been like this and I'm just forgetting?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's always been like that. In fact it was much worse before Riot said you couldn't just change your entire team whenever you felt like it.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

CODChimera posted:

So I guess massive roster changes at the end of each split is the norm now? Or has it always been like this and I'm just forgetting?

Are there that many changes announced though? I expect CLG to go full drama as usual, but other that it's just Krepo and Hai that I have heard of, and both of those players were incredibly washed up.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Alcatrash posted:

Are there that many changes announced though? I expect CLG to go full drama as usual, but other that it's just Krepo and Hai that I have heard of, and both of those players were incredibly washed up.

They may not have been best in their position, but even Forg1ven said that Tabzz-Krepo would be one of the top 3 botlanes in Europe.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

CODChimera posted:

Any team that finishes below where they expected should change players or personnel they believe to be the reason for the lack of performance. That's just the norm in any competitive space.

It used to be that only the Asian teams were cutthroat about roster swaps and the Western teams did more to keep friends together, but now virtually all of the Western teams (with the exception of brand new ones) have imported talent from other regions or teams in order to try and bump up their performances (to mixed result).

I agree with others, there have so far been less roster changes than I would have expected relative to the teams that have underperformed.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
There is also a problem of their lovely scouting and aversion to picking up new people out of challenger so we either get no roster changes or a conga line of brokenshards.

E: also forgiven is asking for a transfer apparently

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/34a48g/forg1ven_has_requested_for_transfer/

Forgiven wants out.

I think he's one of the best, if not the best western ADC, so really any team that can get him should try to. I don't know who will be able to afford his buyout, though, and the teams that come to mind that could (TSM, Liquid, CLG) probably wouldn't want to make a change at that position.

Edit: I guess the one destination I didn't consider was FNC. It would probably be an upgrade for them but I don't know how wise it would be to make a change after winning the split, but I have a feeling that MSI may convince them that they have a long way to go until they are world class.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 29, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I'm a NA diehard and Forgiven to Fnatic still makes me :flashfap:

Seriously, if you wanted to see the best team in Europe (BY FAR), a team that could actually make a run for the world championship, that would be it. A super playmaker in botlane, a super playmaker in mid and a super playmaker in toplane, along with a support and jungler who are ready to set every single one of them up for success. It'd be enough to get me to stop calling EU a completely garbage worthless region if they had a team who was that competitive. Having an invincible juggernaut makes everybody else shape up, and Forgivennatic would do the trick.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The maximum Schadenfreude option would be for Forgiven to bump Tabzz off of Elements roster as soon as they re-announce him as their starting ADC.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
MSI schedule is up: http://na.lolesports.com/schedule/2015-05-04

Most lol thing is that Beskitas has to play the LCK champion in their first game.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Well that's going to be fun

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

MSI schedule is up: http://na.lolesports.com/schedule/2015-05-04

Most lol thing is that Beskitas has to play the LCK champion in their first game.

Someone has to do it I guess!

I think more and more that Riot has put the stompiest games of long schedules at either the beginning or ending of a day so that people can shorten their broadcast viewing.

I feel like I noticed that during the LCS split as well where a 1/2 vs 9/10 game got stashed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Watching the videos from the Alpha Draft Challenger League is pretty funny because Alex Ich's team is just running roughshod over the competition. Even C9T which is supposed to be the other best challenger team got demolished.

The only kills they really got were from ganking RF Legendary, known solo queue player.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Transient People posted:

I'm a NA diehard and Uzi to OMG still makes me :flashfap:

Seriously, if you wanted to see the best team in China (BY FAR), a team that could actually make a run for the world championship, that would be it. A super playmaker in botlane, a super playmaker in mid and a super playmaker in toplane, along with a support and jungler who are ready to set every single one of them up for success. It'd be enough to get me to stop calling China completely garbage worthless region if they had a team who was that competitive. Having an invincible juggernaut makes everybody else shape up, and Uzi would do the trick.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Speaking of OMG, the rumor on the Team Liquid forums is VG.Cool and OMG.CoCo. I don't know how reliable that is but if true Chinese billionaire sons are going to literally eat the LCK

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

GreyPowerVan posted:

Watching the videos from the Alpha Draft Challenger League is pretty funny because Alex Ich's team is just running roughshod over the competition. Even C9T which is supposed to be the other best challenger team got demolished.

The only kills they really got were from ganking RF Legendary, known solo queue player.

They are by far the best NA challenger team right now, it's not even close.

I mean, think about it:

Alex Ich (legendary mid who looks better than he has in years)
Crumbzz (tons of LCS experience)
RF Legendary (rank 1 NA)
Yuno (support everyone has been waiting to see in pro play for awhile)
some ADC, it doesn't really matter

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Uzi going to OMG would have been a much better team if it hadn't been for the entire Samsung organization moving to every other team in China.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Nien to Misfits, please. He's a better fit than Altec.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

GreyPowerVan posted:

Got a link? I'm up for watching that. Really hoping Misfits can get their hands on a better Top and Jungler soon now that they have Altec. There's already seeds of a super competitive team there.

Sexpansion posted:

I mean, think about it:

RF Legendary (rank 1 NA)

You best take that poo poo back, Altec is gonna be amazing on a team that isn't a complete colossal shitshow.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Redmark posted:

Speaking of OMG, the rumor on the Team Liquid forums is VG.Cool and OMG.CoCo. I don't know how reliable that is but if true Chinese billionaire sons are going to literally eat the LCK

Putting Cool on VG would instantly make them the third best team in LPL, I think.

Transient People posted:

You best tak that poo poo back, Altec is gonna be amazing on a team that isn't a complete colossal shitshow.

Is that actually happening? I didn't know he was on misfits now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Forgiven to Fnatic would be huge. Don't get me wrong, Steeelback put up good numbers this split but his laning phase is hot garbage and his successes were generally a product of Fnatic as a whole snowballing the mid game really hard. He's a clear upgrade and makes the whole roster arguably the tops at their respective positions in EU.

Sexpansion posted:

I mean, think about it:

RF Legendary (rank 1 NA)

They can stomp challenger but RF is a ticking timebomb if they get to LCS lol

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Transient People posted:

I'm a NA diehard and Forgiven to Fnatic still makes me :flashfap:

Seriously, if you wanted to see the best team in Europe (BY FAR), a team that could actually make a run for the world championship, that would be it. A super playmaker in botlane, a super playmaker in mid and a super playmaker in toplane, along with a support and jungler who are ready to set every single one of them up for success. It'd be enough to get me to stop calling EU a completely garbage worthless region if they had a team who was that competitive. Having an invincible juggernaut makes everybody else shape up, and Forgivennatic would do the trick.

Fnatic is still very new. The passive adc isn't their problem. It's their map movement and objective control. Adding him won't suddenly make them world contenders. But they may very well be that good in a year or two, regardless. I'd say he would be even better on h2k, but the last stat break down basically demonstrated their adc already does a tremendous amount with very little.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Forgiven won't want to go to teams who need a major upgrade at ADC position, but the players he could replace on top teams could probably start for half the teams in the league, so it's a big risk for any of them to take. I don't know who he moves to. I think any move would surprise me, but he's been making waves for a while now.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Hjarnan is loving good tho. And forgiven's reluctance to play supportive adcs would clash so hard with h2k

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Flameingblack posted:

Uzi going to OMG would have been a much better team if it hadn't been for the entire Samsung organization moving to every other team in China.

No, it's just that you can't have every lane consuming resources and trying to dominate the game. It's about balance. You need a carry top and mid with a supportive bot, or better, a carry mid and bot with a supportive top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Disinterested posted:

No, it's just that you can't have every lane consuming resources and trying to dominate the game. It's about balance. You need a carry top and mid with a supportive bot, or better, a carry mid and bot with a supportive top.

Consuming resources yes, trying to dominate the game no. I still remember how TSM exploded to beat C9 and LMQ in 2014 specifically because Dyrus (notorious no-money punching bag) exploded with a solo kill and took over the game along with the rest of the team. I think Huni and Febiven can do just fine on low money (Huni moreso, Febiven doesn't need to sacrifice much), so it wouldn't actually hurt Fnatic to have Forgiven. They definitely need sharper map play first and foremost though.

• Locked thread