Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

President Ark posted:

I'm interested but I don't have plat, do you have alternate contact info?

Your career is worth :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

I'm interested but I don't have plat, do you have alternate contact info?

Nthing the :10bux:, it's worth having. But you can email me your resume at mjpbyron at gmail dot com.

trotski
Mar 26, 2009
JOB POSTING

Title: IT Security Senior Consultant
Lcoation: San Francisco, LA or Seattle
When: Now
Remote? Yes
Relocation? Maybe, but it'd have to be a great fit

Description: IT Security Consulting.We travel around (mostly West Coast) and provide services to our clients include IT security assessments, penetration testing and vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery planning assistance, and security compliance auditing.

We are currently seeking a Senior level IT consulting professional for our Information Technology Consulting Group as part of our Advisory Services practice. The IT Consulting Senior will provide information technology consulting and auditing services to our clients. The services we provide to our clients include IT security assessments, penetration testing and vulnerability scanning, disaster recovery planning assistance, and security compliance auditing. Additionally, our IT consulting practice includes technology assessments, strategic technology planning, process reengineering, organizational assessments, and system selection. Our ideal candidate is an experienced IT Consulting Senior whose career includes a broad range of hands-on experience working within an IT environment. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move their career forward and grow our practice. Moss Adams Advisory Services serves clients throughout the firm by providing expertise in information technology, business consulting, litigation support, and business valuation.

Skills/Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in business, finance, accounting or information systems preferred
Minimum of 2 years of experience in information Technology, demonstrating a steady growth of skills and responsibility
CISA, CISM, CISSP certification or comparable IT security accreditation preferred
MCSE, MCTIP, CCNA, GSEC/GIAC, ITIL or comparable accreditation preferred
Network administrator level of working knowledge in network and infrastructure security preferred
Working knowledge of PCI DSS audits preferred
One or more years of experience within a public accounting/consulting firm desired but not required
Working knowledge of network infrastructure, network administration, network vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing
Working knowledge of PCI DSS QSA and ASV audits desired but not mandatory
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Outstanding client service skills (internal and external)
Attention to detail and accuracy
Analytical and creative problem solving skills
Team player and deadline oriented
Ability to multi-task and set workload priorities in a fast-paced environment
Project Management experience
Up to 50% travel required

Here's the actual job descrip: http://www.mossadams.com/about/careers/experienced
(Yes, we're technically an accounting firm, but we do business/IT consulting too. It's a great opportunity to help grow our practice. And our group isn't a regular stuffy accounting crew.)

We have had terrible luck with hiring lately, so I thought I would see if any Goons were interested. We need the help and it's a great group. I won't sugar coat it though, it is a grind sometimes with back to back engagements. But we usually fly out on Mondays and fly home on Thursdays. No over-weekend engagements.

PM me or shoot me your resume, if you're interested. ian (dot) tinker at gmail (dot) com

Edit: job link didn't work.

trotski fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 15, 2015

Kerpal
Jul 20, 2003

Well that's weird.
Title: Help Desk Technician
Where: Los Angeles

Who we are looking for
1. A strong technical background and experience in the world of IT.
2. An aptitude for self-education.
3. Service oriented and ready to assist people with their technology needs.
4. A team player who can work autonomously without constant supervision.
Responsibilities
-End User support both remotely and onsite
-Manage client's IT infrastructure including VMware infrastructure, Switches, Storage devices, Routers, Firewalls, Servers, Workstations and mobile devices.
-Able to create procedures, documentation and reports.
-Act as first level support.
-Willing to work after hours when needed.

Qualifications
Candidate should have experience in IT support, must be able to work well under pressure, independently, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.

Preferred basic technical skills should include:
1. Microsoft desktop and server systems, MS Exchange, Active Directory, IIS and Terminal servers.
2. Networking - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLAN, IPSEC and SSL VPN, Firewalls and Wireless networks.
3. Experience with setting up VMware Virtual infrastructure. Hyper-V an advantage.
4. Knowledge of Storage arrays, backup and replication solutions, monitoring systems.
5. Experience in troubleshooting Technical issues

Additional Preferred technical skills include:
1. Certifications or comparable experience with Products from VMware, Fortigate, Microsoft and Cisco.
2. Experience with TrendMicro, Dell Server and storage, Symantec backup exec and enterprise vault, Veeam, Crashplan, Google Apps, Microsoft 365 and Apple products.
3. Experience working for an MSP with remote monitoring and management tools.
4. Experience in the design and implementation of IT solutions to fit client needs.

If you constantly strive to improve your technical knowledge, have a hard core work ethics, are looking for challenges and a place with lots of opportunity to grow email us your resume and cover letter with "Help Desk Technician" in the subject line.

Benefits
-Health Insurance
-Dental Insurance
-Paid Vacation and Sick Days

- Compensation: commensurate with skill level and experience ($36,000 - $45,000)

Please send resumes to hr1001@simplicit365.com

We've been looking for people for a while now. May also be interested in higher level people depending on skill set. Company is an MSP with many clients in Entertainment and Finance industries. We are looking to grow but need the right people to do it.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
I'm moving at the end of May to the Greenwich/Stamford, CT area so I'm reposting

My Experience: I have four years experience working at a TV production company in the DC area, the last two years being a manager. It's a predominantly OS X environment so I've got experience with 10.5 through 10.9 as well as OS X Server running Open Directory, DNS, AFP, FTP, VPN and a few other services I've played with. I know my way around the command line and can utilize it without damaging the system. We also utilize Apple Remote Desktop 3 heavily. Also administered two Apple Xsan environments (totaling around 400 TBs) which included working with Promise vTrak RAIDs and qLogic Fiber Switches. On the Apple hardware side I support Mac Pros, iMacs, MacBook Pros (13 inch, 15 inch ranging from 2006 to current plus Retina), MacBook Airs, iPhones, iPads, some legacy XServes. Implemented a custom image and deployment scheme. Some experience with Active Directory and Windows File Services as well as GPOs, Windows XP through 8 troubleshooting as our Accounting team runs on PCs.

We have an Avaya IP Office in house. Server edition V9 with 9611G and 9641G phones. I know the basics of IPO admin such as user and extension creation and some basic troubleshooting so I can escalate if necessary. Our old office had HP 4204vl and 2510-G 48/24 Switches and our current office has a Cisco 6506-E core switch, 6800ia edge switches and an Aironet deployment. I have a solid understanding of basic networking and troubleshooting and am working on my CCNA to further expand my knowledge as I am very interested in the field. We're a Google Apps Enterprise house and I have been administering and troubleshooting it since the beginning of my tenure. Since I work at a TV production company I have experience with Final Cut Studio 3 (Final Cut Pro 7, Compressor, etc) use and troubleshooting as well as Avid Media Composer. Currently we run an Avid ISIS (their SAN solution). I have a background in video production as well.

If I don't know something already I always do my best to get it figured out in a timely manner. Since I've effectively been running an IT department for a little over three years now I feel that I fit into the "jack of all trades" category.

Certifications: Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR) Storage and ACSR Editing. CompTIA Security+
Education: Bachelor of Science, Communications Media

What I'm looking for: I am looking for an opportunity in the network administration/engineering/security field. Such as a junior administrator position or a Tier-2/3 desktop support with Networking emphasis. OS X environment would be preferred but not necessary.

What I'm not looking for: Helpdesk, Phone Support

Where I am: Montgomery County Maryland. DC Metro Area

Where I'm looking: Greenwich/Stamford CT area. NY Metro is doable

When I can start: Early June

Requirements: Full time, benefits (401K would be great) and comparable salary. Travel compensation would be cool, so would education reimbursement.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
We have SDET/QA/Developer positions in Denver, SF, NYC, and Berlin. If you are really accomplished they'll let you work remotely. Coding language isn't important, but the tech stack is perl, ruby, nodejs, php, python, and some Java. They are moving everything they can off perl so don't worry about that.

Important stuff:

Pay: Similar to Google/Amazon (2 people on my team had offers from each and turned them down)
Perks: Catered lunch everyday, gym reimbursement, 3% 401k match, 10% yearly bonus, stock bonus upon signing, flexible work schedule (you can work from any office, and often from home), 15" MBpro.

PM me.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je r黐e d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
My experience: ~2 years working for a company here in NY, went from doing grunt work to Software Engineer in title before my dept. got scrapped during a downsize. I've got a small contribution that made it all the way to the Django 1.8 release (woo!), I've built a moderately complex web app / desktop app combo project on my own, and for the past ~four months have been doing Python/Django work professionally doing some fairly basic CRUD stuff for a few internal apps. I was working on building a thermometer/humidity sensor on a rpi and hooking that into some internal reporting stuff (for science) when my dept. dissolved (which sucks, because it was fun).

Buzzword soup: Python/Django/Django Rest Framework/HTML/CSS/SASS/Git/Linux/postgres/nginx/gunicorn/elasticsearch/celery/probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

What I'm looking for: A Jr. role doing Python/Django stuff is probably what I am best prepared for. I have some experience, but not a ton, and I feel like I'd probably still perform best in that kind of a role. Willing to learn other languages/break out of my comfort zone and I'm pretty good at consulting SO/docs/coworkers in roughly that order at this point in my life so bring it ooonnnnnn.

What I'm NOT looking for: Fights, the holy grail, etc.

Where I live: Brooklyn, NY

Where I'm looking: NY, SF, Stockholm, Oslo, Berlin, Dublin, you name it. I'll go anywhere interesting so long as relocation assistance is provided and speaking English in the workplace is OK.

When I can start: ASAP

Requirements: FT, health insurance, decent pay (need to kill these student loan debts).

Can be reached via: PM, or marchharesa@gmail.com - I'll reply from my actual email address.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
JOB POSTING
We're expanding our IT team, of which I am the manager. So be nice to me. ;)

Who are we?
A ski resort with restaurants, condos, and some retail locations.

Where are we?
The White Mountains region of New Hampshire

What are we looking for?
A junior systems administrator. Ideally, someone who has at least played with Active Directory a bit, can manage users and file permissions, but maybe is just getting to the tail end of desktop support.

How do I apply?
PM me for info

What else?
We offer the usual benefits (Medical, dental, 401k), but you also get a season pass for you and your immediate family every year. On top of that, you can get other ski tickets for friends and relatives. Also a discount at our restaurants.

Position filled.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 2, 2015

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
JOB POSTING
Open position for a Junior Software Developer.

Who are we?
Carthage Veterinary Service, LTD. We provide health and management consulting services in the area of pork production, and a leader in the industry. With 8 staff veterinarians and roughly 90 office staff, we have clients and partners throughout the Midwest, as well as China, Japan, Europe, and South America.

Where are we?
Carthage, Illinois. Yes, very small town, so if you're considering this position keep in mind that it is in a very rural part of Illinois (maybe that's redundant?). We're approximately 2.5 hours from St. Louis, MO, 3.5 hours from Des Moine, IA, and 4.5-5 hours from Chicago by car.

What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone with demonstrable skill in software development, who is able to work somewhat independantly and shows enthusiasm for the trade. This is a Junior position, so we're not necessarily looking for rock stars, but you will need to be able to show that you can solve basic problems on your own and can take direction. We are a Microsoft shop, we have some legacy ASP.Net websites we maintain, but are migrating to MVC/jQuery + Web API. If you don't have a ton of experience with these, don't worry, if you can demonstrate aptitude for picking things up quickly, we'd be happy to talk to you.

Most of the work entails maintaining existing web-based tools for reporting that are used by our farms, vets, and senior management team. There will also be opportunities for new development as we do more integration with vendor tools/databases, and we may even be pursuing a tele-health solution this year.

How do I apply?
PM me, or shoot your resume to mrussell at hogvet.com

What else?
The small town thing is a turn-off for a lot of people, but it's not a bad place to work for. Standard benefits, although we do have 10 paid holidays, and the company pays 100% of the employee's health insurance premium. We work with a number of large pharmaceutical companies, and they love spending money on food to keep us happy.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

Our helpdesk guy is likely on the way out. HR gave me the go-ahead to send in resumes of people I know that are on the market and reliable.

Who we are: A logistics company. Specifically, produce truckload matchmakers - an office full of folks who do nothing but call truckers and get them to take loads of produce from point A to point B.
Where we are: Northern NJ, just a minute or two off of Route 3 on 17 North.

---

Job title: Help desk analyst
What we want: A basic help desk role, this is a good place for someone's 2nd or 3rd job. We're a VDI environment, heavily locked-down, so an understanding of Windows desktop applications, a little Word/Excel, is good to have. We're fully into Chrome and Gmail, Citrix Xendesktop 7, and a lot of line-of-business apps. We'll train you on what you need to know for them since it's unlikely you've encountered them outside of the logistics industry. Document scanning/indexing application understanding is a big plus. We run outsourced VoIP so a basic understanding of VoIP principles is a plus as well. Printers, knowing how to handle extremely non-technical (but very nice and friendly) users, and knowing how to keep your tickets updated and moving onward are must-haves. Gotta be able to wrangle vendors since we do a lot of work with third-party support for applications.

As long as you're a good balance of technical and service skills (the incumbent is wonderful at service but lousy at tech) you'll do great.

---

Why you'd want to work here: The company has a very laid-back, easygoing culture. We're not shorts and sandals, but nobody's going to give you crap if you wear jeans on a non-Friday. There is VERY low turnover and people are very keen on growing from within the company. The IT department would be the applicant, me (sysadmin) and my boss (IT manager) who is trying to delegate more and more responsibilities so he can get to a better managerial situation. You'll have good communication across the board, no backstabbery, realistic expectations, hourly pay, 15 PTO days, decent benefits, and since we deal in produce, occasionally we might get a trucker with a load of produce that the client didn't want anymore so you can take home a box of avocados or mozzarella sticks. There is a companywide bonus opportunity. If you want to move upwards I am happy to mentor in the stuff I do (MCSA/VCP level) and I am more than happy to share any knowledge you want to learn which I could help with. The role is non-exempt so you are eligible for OT if there's a reasonable need for it, or to make up time if you have an appointment during the day.

Why you wouldn't want to work here: IT is very much a cost center and we don't get to spend a lot of money outside of vital infrastructure stuff. On-call is once every three weeks since there's only three of us. Working remote isn't really an option. Salary will be within market rate and depend on your experience. The bonus depends on companywide quotas and has no metric for IT, so if the business doesn't sell X amount of truckloads we only get Y% of the bonus. Merit increases are probably not on the table, and there's no word about a cost of living increase. There are three or four extremely high-visibility users out of the entire company of 70, and sometimes it's a bit disproportionate.

Salary: DOE, realistically probably in the mid to high 40k range. I think the company compromised on quality to get our current guy in at a lower salary, and he didn't pan out, so I can make a real case to bring in someone skilled.

PM me for info.

For the love of God, please apply for this position.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

40k in NJ is a tough-sell granted it's laid back helpdesk but you'd make the same in the Midwest without East Coast rent.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Tab8715 posted:

40k in NJ is a tough-sell granted it's laid back helpdesk but you'd make the same in the Midwest without East Coast rent.

Can't live on 50k in Paramus. Trust me.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

nm

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

MJP posted:

For the love of God, please apply for this position.

If there was the possibility of remote at that position I know quite a few people who'd throw in. As it is, living in Jersey at 40-50k sounds terrible, especially for a 2nd or 3rd job.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
My experience: Working at a small shop in NJ since ~2010 (5 years), working primarily with PHP/Postgres/Hg - worked up from small projects to basically project lead, so lots of design and architecture work. Large amounts of experience with refactoring complex legacy code. Lots of experience with Postgres but less strictly DBA work than I'd like. Have some Python experience and some collab work but sadly nothing that has my Github stamp on it.

What I'm looking for: A mid-level software developer role with PHP or Python. I've had some limited team/project lead work but I can't say I have extensive experience with it. I've been in this business for 6 years now but I don't think I'm yet qualified for a senior position. I'm willing to learn new stuff aggressively, and I'd like to work with people who care about learning as much as I do.

What I'm NOT looking for: Death marches, lack of teamwork, code that resembles anything in the Coding Horrors thread.

Where I live: Orlando, FL / Fair Lawn, NJ

Where I'm looking: NY, SF, Boston. I can do remote work or go elsewhere but it would have to be an exceptional place.

When I can start: Preferably early August.

Requirements: health insurance, a great work environment with smart people. I'm tired of working with people that don't care about teamwork/code quality/improving.

Can be reached via: PM or vasja@superprofundo.com

IT BEGINS fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Apr 25, 2015

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I'm hoping to get some advice about looking for a tech position. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and have worked computer sales and retail repair for about 5 years now, and still love the job. It's just I have some toxic co-workers who management won't manage. So I'd like to start gearing up for a change. I have a degree, but it's in professional communication, and all my tech skills are self-taught. I have great customer interaction abilities including explaining technical concepts to technologically illiterate individuals.

The questions I have are:
1. Would anyone even look at me for a help desk or desktop support position? Or would they look at my lack of certs and tell me to piss off?

2. What useful certs can I get for cheap/free? I'm willing to put effort in, but funds are not plentiful.

Thanks for any advice.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm hoping to get some advice about looking for a tech position. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and have worked computer sales and retail repair for about 5 years now, and still love the job. It's just I have some toxic co-workers who management won't manage. So I'd like to start gearing up for a change. I have a degree, but it's in professional communication, and all my tech skills are self-taught. I have great customer interaction abilities including explaining technical concepts to technologically illiterate individuals.

The questions I have are:
1. Would anyone even look at me for a help desk or desktop support position? Or would they look at my lack of certs and tell me to piss off?

2. What useful certs can I get for cheap/free? I'm willing to put effort in, but funds are not plentiful.

Thanks for any advice.

I'd also like to know this. ~6 years customer service experience, 2 years computer repair, no degree, A+ cert. Having a hell of a time getting a foot in the door anywhere.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I don't know about the market in Canada, but you should be fine.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tab8715 posted:

Mid to high 40s is doable. You'd be renting a room but it'd be in a decent place - Lyndhurst, Nutley, the better parts of Clifton, just to name a few - but you'd still have enough to put into the 401k.

Captain Monkey posted:

If there was the possibility of remote at that position I know quite a few people who'd throw in. As it is, living in Jersey at 40-50k sounds terrible, especially for a 2nd or 3rd job.

Believe me, if they were open to IT working remote I'd be pushing hard for it. Given that we're 100% in the cloud there's no need for me as the sysadmin to be present, but not every business is progressive in their telecommuting policies. This one isn't.

The role is helpdesk and desktop support so there's zero chance they're OK with remote for the role.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

MJP posted:

Mid to high 40s is doable.

Sure, that may be true but why bother when you can get one that pays 25% more in the same area?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tab8715 posted:

Sure, that may be true but why bother when you can get one that pays 25% more in the same area?

Then get that one, by all means. I mean, I never really topped out above 49k for a helpdesk/desktop job in NJ, and that was in 2009-2010. It took taking a similar job in NYC to get to around $58kish - first at a major apparel company, then a few years later at an MSP.

I'm not trying to say that this is the ~best job ever~ but it is what it is. I'm just casting a net in hopes of finding a goon on the market that would be a good fit. There are ups and downs with the job. That is, if they even intend to fill it anymore. CFO's experimenting with having me do helpdesk and sysadmin, and if that continues, I will be posting an open recently-vacated role for a helpdesk and sysadmin job at the same company.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Gone

KS fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 29, 2016

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm graduating and i turned down internship offers to pursue full-time positions that i was waiting to hear back from... thinking i might not get them, did i gently caress up

meanieface
Mar 27, 2012

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i'm graduating and i turned down internship offers to pursue full-time positions that i was waiting to hear back from... thinking i might not get them, did i gently caress up

Follow the instructions on the LinkedIn thread in BFC. Let your professors (the ones you like you the most, then the ones who kindoflikeyou) know you're without a signed job offer. IT folks from my alma mater usually have their full time job contracts signed in the fall. It may be too late to get a job at one of the "big" firms if that's what you were going for. You can still pull this off. And why do you have messaging turned off? :argh:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Internships should be done over the summer while you are still in school. Once you graduate, you should be shooting for a full time job.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My experience: IT Support at my school, but other than that, mostly classwork, with a heavy emphasis on Python, C++, and Java; in addition, Git, Agile development, some AI, and a heavy emphasis on coding styles and groupwork this last semester.

What I'm looking for: Entry-level IT or CS internships. For right now, I'm looking for something quick over the fall so I can hone my skills and get some real-world experience before finishing my degree this fall.

What I'm NOT looking for: 27 hour days, sleeping in the office, odd shifts as much as possible.

Where I live: Foxboro, MA or Bridgewater, MA, depending on the time of year.

Where I'm looking: Boston or Providence, as long as it's near public transit.

When I can start: May 18th.

Requirements: Insurance (dental, eye, and health, if possible), proximity to public transit.

Can be reached via: PM or neito@nerdramblingz.com

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

meanieface posted:

Follow the instructions on the LinkedIn thread in BFC. Let your professors (the ones you like you the most, then the ones who kindoflikeyou) know you're without a signed job offer. IT folks from my alma mater usually have their full time job contracts signed in the fall. It may be too late to get a job at one of the "big" firms if that's what you were going for. You can still pull this off. And why do you have messaging turned off? :argh:

i dont own plat because im cool. Thanks for pro tips, also i"LL check out that thread.

Moey posted:

Internships should be done over the summer while you are still in school. Once you graduate, you should be shooting for a full time job.

it makes sense but drat it would have been epic...

I'm working with some recruiters atm and could possibly have something at an insurance company but I need to send more emails... and phone calls
what kills me is i have 2 years of web experience through internships but i freaking hate web dev now and don't want to apply to any of those jobs. if I have to I will

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Starting to get bored at my current gig so I'm looking elsewhere. Not 100% sure I'm ready to make the move, but I want to stick my toe in and see what's out there.

My experience: 3-1/2 years at a major cloud/dedicated hosting provider. Two years of that in large enterprise support, the last year and a half on an internal team supporting service delivery operations and some legacy IT functions. I'm mainly an infrastructure guy with a Windows focus, but have plenty of virtualization experience and can man my way around a Linux server. Don't ask me to build you a Red Hat cluster, but I can run top. Fair to middlin' on databases, a good amount of admin experience with MSSQL, I'm not a DBA but I have a good handle on the principles. I can do scripting in VB and Powershell, but I'm not a developer.

Another 5 years server/DB admin experience at other places, but the last few years have really defined my career path.

What I'm looking for: Systems/infrastructure engineering. I'm bored with operations, crunching tickets can only keep me entertained to a point. I'd like to move out of a day-to-day operational role and into something more strategic.

What I'm NOT looking for: DevOps (I'm poo poo at coding), ticket crunching (see above), helpdesk (just no).

Where I live: San Antonio, TX

Where I'm looking: Mainly Seattle, though I'd consider other options under the right conditions. Definitely want to get the gently caress out of the south if at all possible.

When I can start: 60 days minimum if I'm going to be relocating

Requirements: Relocation assistance, really good benefits, a paucity of douchebags.

Can be reached via: PM me and I'll send you my resume.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Sent you a PM

SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
My company is looking for another member of our IT team.

What - Application Administrator
Where - Fort Worth, TX

We're a decent sized company with a young workforce. It's a fun place to work, but you will be busy.

There are three of us in IT now. You will be in charge of our HRIS program (Epicor HCM). Looking for someone with Microsoft SQL Server experience, we'll teach you the specifics of the program. We hired a dedicated desktop support person last year, so you won't have to do any help desk stuff. We're about to start a new data warehouse and BI reporting project, so you'll likely be involved in that too. I'm pasting part of the official job description below. I'm not management so I don't know what the pay would be like. PM me if you are interested or have any questions though.

Position Summary:

The Application Administrator will manage and maintain our EPICOR Human Capital Management (HCM) software package. He/she will work closely with corporate departments to assess, plan, and implement new system features. The position will take requests from users to generate reports using SQL Server Reporting Services. This position may be required to support other platforms utilized by the organization.

fankey
Aug 31, 2001

Who : QSC Audio Products, a privately held 40+ year old well respected pro-audio company

What : Telephony Software Engineer

Where : Boulder, CO

Summary : QSC seeks an experienced and self-motivated Software Engineer with experience in IP telephony technology to work with an experienced team of software, firmware, and hardware engineers to develop cutting-edge digital audio products.

Feel free to PM me with questions. You get to work with a bunch of smart people developing cool products that are used all over the world.

See http://qsc.com/contact1/join-our-team/telephony-software-engineer-boulder-co/ for more info.

twis
Oct 31, 2005

twis fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 12, 2016

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
JOB SEEKER

I'm in NE Florida and done with the little leagues. Being in the cultural and economic hinterlands of the USA is not fun. I'm looking to get out as soon as practicable.

Experience: 3 years of full stack .NET web experience, with a few blissful months as back end only. C# (and VB.NET), Entity Framework, T-SQL, Razor and even ASP forms! Oh, and of course AngularJS, knockout.js, (twitter?)bootstrap and jQuery. I've been a build engineer, setting up TeamCity and messing with msbuild for some time; I've taught a team git and transitioned them from TFS to git, and managed the build and fixed any messy merges along the way.

I've done agile with a cohesive team and a good leader, and self directed development by myself. I've also done "agilefall" with a micromanaging PM, among other things. Where I am right now I'm trying to get people to organize and not have useless meetings and teach people what agile is and isn't, as a matter of fact.

What I'm looking for: Full Stack or back end focused .NET would be the best fit for my skills, but I wouldn't turn down an offer to change stacks. I'd also love to be a build engineer again, or get into devops!

I really want to find a good team to put down some roots, and grow with. I'd like to start mentoring junior devs more, helping smooth out processes, and make the whole process smoother and cleaner, not just put out code and go home at 5. I'm definitely more of a "people person" than a cave-programmer.

What I'm NOT looking for: Nothing but AngularJS. I'd prefer backend to frontend work, and jQuery/knockout to AngularJS. I'm also pretty eager to leave the south, but Atlanta and Raleigh are the exceptions, I'd happily go to either city to stay.

Where I live: Florida.

Where I知 looking: Seattle. I found a place to stay and might be up there within the month (June as of this edit)

When I can start: ASAP, accounting for time needed to pack and move.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, fair/appropriate salary. Given how far I plan on moving, relocation or a signing bonus would help me get there sooner.

Contact: PM me or c_harmon@hotmail.com. I have a linkedin, stackoverflow careers page, and of course a resume I'll happily send along.

Space Whale fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 1, 2015

wetfeet2000
Jan 24, 2007

It's this big

wetfeet2000 posted:

There are a few open positions at my company, and these positions have been open a while now!

Who are we?
InfoGard Laboratories. We act as a third party lab for validating against various requirement bodies (FIPS 140-2, PCI, Common Criteria) Website is here: http://www.infogard.com/

Where are we?
San Luis Obispo, CA. A small town next to the coast, right in-between San Francisco and LA.

What are we looking for?
Security Engineers and Technicians with 2-4 years of CS (or related) experience or degree. As a Security Engineer you will be managing 2-3 month-long evaluations of products against a set of requirements. This includes report writing, testing, communication with customers, source code review, and vulnerability analysis. As a technician, you will be managing less and testing more.

For the full posting, browse to the Careers section on the website, http://www.infogard.com/careers

How do I apply?
E-mail your resume to hr@infogard.com and if you need more info you can PM me.

What else?
There is a 401(k) plan and and Health Insurance, and you start out accruing 100 hours/year of PTO. Work environment matches the city, that is to say casual.

Wanted to repost this to say we've still got open positions!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

JOB POSTING
Another opening here at my place of employment....

Who are we?

Where are we?

What are we looking for?
A DBA, and someone who can work within our sales/tickets system to clean it up, create new products, do reporting, &c. We use Siriusware, which is all SQL back-end, but aside from reporting and maybe cleaning up some products, the database itself probably won't be touched much directly (but you're the expert).

The key is that, right now, we do some very wonkly things with products, like recreate them every single year, and it makes reporting very difficult. Our current admin just doesn't have the right mindset, which is why I'd prefer someone with actual SQL knowledge/experience, even if it won't always get used directly.

How do I apply?
PM me for info

What else?
We offer the usual benefits (Medical, dental, 401k), but you also get a season pass for you and your immediate family every year. On top of that, you can get other ski tickets for friends and relatives. Also a discount at our restaurants.

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
Position filled.

tehfeer fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 11, 2015

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
JOB SEEKER

Experience: This month will mark eight years in IT. I've spent all of them at a school district, slowly accruing more responsibility, but we don't have much internal mobility, so I'm looking to make a move. My current role is unusual -- I work for the senior leadership of the organization, in addition to supporting several hundred lower-level users, so I do everything from break-fix stuff to requirements gathering to training to purchasing recommendations to light project management. I actually wrote my department's five-year plan. I often act as kind of a "fixer," identifying and removing roadblocks. I've been acting in a leadership capacity for a while now, and not getting the nod formally after breathing fire for this place is what's finally prompting me to look elsewhere.

I have excellent written and oral communications skills, I'm neurotically organized, I play well with others, and I know how to conduct myself. I have broad-but-shallow exposure to a variety of tech, but I'm a quick study.

Education: Bachelor's from a top-50 school, but not in a related field.

Certifications: A few CompTIA ones, nothing major.

What I知 looking for: My ideal move would be into a formal project management role. I've done a lot of PM sort of work, but I've never, say, made a Gantt chart, so in a perfect world I'd love a Junior PM role under the supervision of someone more experienced. I could also step into a leadership role in support -- team lead or management -- with the caveat that I haven't had to handle the financial side before. But I'm a quick study.

What I知 NOT looking for: Helpdesk. I'd consider a vertical move on the technical side (sysadmin etc.) but would prefer to build toward softer skills.

Where I live: Baltimore metro area, north side.

Where I知 looking: Also Baltimore metro area. I love my town, and I have a girlfriend here I'm getting serious with.

When I can start: I'd want to give two weeks' notice, but can otherwise start whenever.

Requirements: Full time, benefits, appropriate salary. Nothing untoward.

guppy fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 2, 2015

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
JOB SEEKER

Experience: 11 years progressively increasing professional IT experience in infrastructure, desktop, and server support across a variety of industries.

I see myself as someone who wants to fix problems properly the first time and document solutions like crazy so if things go wrong again, it can be fixed if I'm not available. I am big on sharing knowledge with colleagues, have excellent Google-fu, and am capable of managing shifting priorities like the best of plate-spinners. I've been both the solo guy working on fixing a massive outage and a member of a DR team. If it's a Windows or VMware environment, I can work with it.

Education: Bachelor's in political science from an accredited 4-year university.

Certifications: MCSA for Server 2003, 2008 (MCITP: Systems Administrator), and 2012. VMware Certified Professional for vSphere 5.1. CompTIA Security+.

What I知 looking for: I'd love a vertical move to a senior sysadmin or engineering role, but would also explore project management or team leadership. I'm open to lateral moves as a systems administrator.

What I知 NOT looking for: Helpdesk/desktop support/application support/client-facing positions (unless those clients are technical staff). My current position fired the helpdesk guy and has me doing the helpdesk and sysadmin work. It's demoralizing and I'd much rather have technical challenges rather than customer service challenges.

Where I live: Northern NJ.

Where I知 looking: Northern/central NJ, Manhattan near PABT/Penn or any A/C/E/1/2/3 stop, Jersey City near a PATH stop, or downtown near WTC PATH.

When I can start: Within two weeks of accepting an offer and delivering notice.

Requirements: Full time, decent health plan (I will ask to see actual costs before I accept an offer, preferably early in the process), salary commensurate with experience and responsibilities. If in NYC, I will expect the salary to reflect the higher costs of work and will also want to get transit/parking reimbursement.

Telecommuting would be wonderful and really get my interest.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop
JOB POSTINGS
Company currently has a QA analyst, Software Dev, Senior Database Administrator and Senior Network engineer positions available.

Who are we?
A rapidly growing retail energy provider that is turning the corner from start up to enterprise.

Where are we?
Dallas and Plano TX

Position summary
Please contact me for position you are interested in and I can provide specific details.

Qualifications
Just like summary this is position dependent so contact me and I can provide more information.

How do I apply?
Contact me and I'll give you the recruiters email

Benefits
PTO (I think it starts 2 weeks a year, but it comes out to a little more then a day a month when you first start and goes up)
Profit Sharing
401k vested after 1 year
Full medical

I put this in the spreadsheet as well, PM me if you anything caught your eye.

FlyingCowOfDoom fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Colonial Air Force posted:

JOB POSTING
Another opening here at my place of employment....

Who are we?

Where are we?

What are we looking for?
A DBA, and someone who can work within our sales/tickets system to clean it up, create new products, do reporting, &c. We use Siriusware, which is all SQL back-end, but aside from reporting and maybe cleaning up some products, the database itself probably won't be touched much directly (but you're the expert).

The key is that, right now, we do some very wonkly things with products, like recreate them every single year, and it makes reporting very difficult. Our current admin just doesn't have the right mindset, which is why I'd prefer someone with actual SQL knowledge/experience, even if it won't always get used directly.

How do I apply?
PM me for info

What else?

I got a full job description on this one:

Scope
Working under general supervision and providing a high-level of technical support, administers and ensures the successful deployment of the Resort痴 Point of Sale (POS) systems. Ensures accurate and timely configuration and technical support to cover a vast array of products and services including, but not limited to; product pricing, promotional items, system and database maintenance activities, product testing, analytical reporting, and end-user training. Position develops close working relations with operations and remains current on operational procedures in order to recommend new technologies, improve business applications, and support guest experiences. Management of problem resolution is critical to this position.

Administration
キ Designs and implements products to function accurately throughout the resort with a clear focus on reporting and simplicity for the end users.
キ Authorizes and trains POS users; sets-up new users including passwords and permissions
キ Develops and updates POS documentation and technical process manuals to support standards and proper use.
キ Implements change notices and other communication to support rapid knowledge of best/standard practice and POS use
キ Actively involved in POS system set-up and configuration.
キ Performs analytical reporting, spotting trends and results; presents findings with representative recommendations to help optimize sales, products, guest service, and other critical business strategies.
キ Develops close working relationships with management and staff, including understanding their business processes to better serve them with technology.
キ Functions as a problem-solving and escalation point for end-users.
キ Maintains POS station inventory, licensing, and related software authorizations
キ Serves as primary contact with 3rd party host; maintains essential communication on software-related applications, best practices, and support. Forecasts, costs, and recommends 3rd party support needs outside of regular maintenance and/or license agreements.
キ Works closely with other teams to maintain and upgrade the e-commerce portion of the sales system.

Database Maintenance
キ Gathers, records, tracks, and reports maintenance and product requests.
キ Updates and/or builds products, pricing matrix, and category items.
キ Maintains archives and database configurations to ensure database efficiency and integrity.
キ Responds to and resolves POS related problems reported by management, users and 3rd party host.
キ Supports inventory control applications; facilitating management and integrated accounting systems.
キ Performs POS system clean-up.
キ Supports customization efforts for other system integrations.

POS Software Testing
キ Perform quality assurance testing of changes that effect the behavior of the POS system.
キ Report software defects and configuration problems to the appropriate parties for resolution.
キ Performs all other duties as assigned.