Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
mighty number 9 is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

When all my Mighty No. 9 swag comes in, I'm just going to be really embarrassed.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If they're partnered with Deep Silver we can probably expect a Johnny Gat DLC level and Mighty No 9 outfits in the next Saints Row.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Are we getting that one Tron level from the last Deckers mission from Saints Row 3 as MN9 DLC now that Deep Silver is involved?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

For real, though, I'm still excited about MN9. Am I alone in this?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Takoluka posted:

Nah, I think it's going to be pretty sweet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

If they're partnered with Deep Silver we can probably expect a Johnny Gat DLC level and Mighty No 9 outfits in the next Saints Row.

Honestly that'd be fine. Not the worst thing Beck has cameoed in by any means.

Takoluka posted:

I think it'll be a fine game but I'm not particularly excited about it. Shovel Knight and Gunvolt kind of filled the niche while I was waiting for MN9 and I don't think it will be as good as SK.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Takoluka posted:

None of the released gameplay or stage design looks interesting or fun.

Zecks
Mar 6, 2013
shovel knight and gunvolt were boring and underwhelming respectively

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zecks posted:

Then I'm pretty sure you won't enjoy MN9 considering it was worked on by the same people as Gunvolt. v:shobon:v

Zecks
Mar 6, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Then I'm pretty sure you won't enjoy MN9 considering it was worked on by the same people as Gunvolt. v:shobon:v

looking like it yeah. you would've thought the mega man dude could make a good mega man but instead we get this circus

no i dont want to wait months for japanese voiceovers and epic extra content that isnt a part of the main game

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

alcharagia posted:

so I was spurred by a friend's insistence to play Megaman Rock Force and have just unlocked Nitro Man, holy poo poo Nitro Man owns

Wait unlocked nitro man? Did rock force update to let you play as the robot masters you save (like it always should have)?

fake edit: I just checked the guys site, and yeah, you can actually play as the robot masters you save, apparently as of an update 2 weeks ago. It also features seperate difficulty sliders for the stages and bosses. I'll need to give it another look.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Monk E
May 19, 2009

Takoluka posted:

I still think it looks alright would probably take a polished up gunvolt sequel over it though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Monk E posted:

I still think it looks alright would probably take a polished up gunvolt sequel over it though.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/inti-creates-announces-azure-striker-gunvolt-2-for-nintendo-3ds

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Takoluka posted:

I'm super excited for it. I've already put like 40 hours into the beta which only has 3 stages.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

senae posted:

Wait unlocked nitro man? Did rock force update to let you play as the robot masters you save (like it always should have)?

i guess so. what it also has is a really hard final stage which i cheated by using nitro man and now i am at the boss rush with nitro man

nitro man is not good at boss fights

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zecks posted:

Zecks posted:

looking like it yeah. you would've thought the mega man dude could make a good mega man but instead we get this circus

no i dont want to wait months for japanese voiceovers and epic extra content that isnt a part of the main game
Maybe platformers ain't your jam son

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Yeah seriously Shovel Knight is insanely good

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah it's like straight up one of the best platformers of all time.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
I really love what Mega Man Rock Force did with Charade Man's stage select portrait. It's just cute. Try refreshing the stage select by going to the team menu.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
If I already have Shovel Knight on Steam is there a reason to buy it on 3DS as well? Besides having it be portable.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

alcharagia posted:

i guess so. what it also has is a really hard final stage which i cheated by using nitro man and now i am at the boss rush with nitro man

nitro man is not good at boss fights

we was pretty good at TNT man, I think the name was.

And by pretty good, I mean skin of my teeth, but god drat was the last part of that level wonderful as nitro man.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

PSWII60 posted:

If I already have Shovel Knight on Steam is there a reason to buy it on 3DS as well? Besides having it be portable.

The 3D effects are actually good, there's a streetpass-based minigame, and you get to support a great developer.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here is a link to the Mighty No 9 news

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20150429

I am pretty happy and looking forward to this. I can wait till September. It's also getting a physical release now and you can get free dlc which is cool.

Plus you can listen to the Game in French. (No this does not apply to me, but I found it funny.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 28, 2015

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It's all of a three or four month delay that'll probably be the difference between a buggy piece of poo poo and a polished game, and free DLC. Sounds good to me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth pointing out that the handheld versions don't have a release date and may not be getting a physical release.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Shovel Knight and Gunvolt were awesome, but at this point I don't really care about Mighty No. 9.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shovel Knight came out on Xbone today, incidentally. Regardless of whether you give a poo poo about Battletoads or not, their cameo was very clearly more heartfelt than the Kratos cameo from the Sony versions.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Thanks for updating on a game you never cared about in the first place.

How about you talk about something instead of doing the usual oh man I don't care about Mighty No 9.

edit: Also what you mean more heartfelt? It's Kratos. What you expected him to be all humble? Or do you mean like more effort was put in Xbone version.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 29, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shindragon posted:

edit: Also what you mean more heartfelt? It's Kratos. What you expected him to be all humble? Or do you mean like more effort was put in Xbone version.

The X-Bone cameo has a looooot more care and love put into it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Seriously, go look at the two fights and just compare them.

Battletoads
Kratos

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Goddamn it don't make me get an Xbone.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That Battletoads fight is awesome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the Battletoads fight is effectively an extra stage. It's kind of ridiculous.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I think part of it is, really, who gives a poo poo about Kratos? His entire character is "GRRRRRRRR I AM ANGRY MURDER MAN", and he has no real camp factor to fall back on. They coulda used like Ratchet and Clank instead, with their armor replacing your shovel with a wrench or letting you toss it. There's so much more character in that world than with GoW world, it's ridiculous.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ChaosArgate posted:

Seriously, go look at the two fights and just compare them.

Battletoads
Kratos

I watched Kratos and was like "oh that looks like a cool fight" and then lost my poo poo at the Wookiee Hole

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

I think part of it is, really, who gives a poo poo about Kratos? His entire character is "GRRRRRRRR I AM ANGRY MURDER MAN", and he has no real camp factor to fall back on. They coulda used like Ratchet and Clank instead, with their armor replacing your shovel with a wrench or letting you toss it. There's so much more character in that world than with GoW world, it's ridiculous.

The Playstation is a serious console for grown rear end adult men, so of course Angrymurder McBeef would be its representative, because that is how one demonstrates maturity and adulthood and also manliness.

Also that floating platform segment of the fight looked boring and awful.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Hahahahaha everything about that Battletoads fight loving owned. Ginyu Force posing, signature stage cameos, the Big Bad Boot, more Ginyu Force posing; they just nailed it. Please tell me the toad gear lets Shovel Knight end combos with a huge shovel hit.

Kratos is a boring rear end in a top hat and they should've used Ratchet & Clank or that guy from Intelligent Qube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Shine posted:

Hahahahaha everything about that Battletoads fight loving owned. Ginyu Force posing, signature stage cameos, the Big Bad Boot, more Ginyu Force posing; they just nailed it. Please tell me the toad gear lets Shovel Knight end combos with a huge shovel hit.

Kratos is a boring rear end in a top hat and they should've used Ratchet & Clank or that guy from Intelligent Qube.
The person playing the game paused it for a split second at 3:36 and it sounds like they even changed that...