Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Wait so animal planet actually has stuff about animals again instead of only reality TV crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I bet Febreeze is really mad he never came up with this pun

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

owns

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Chris James 2 posted:

SportsCenter reporting Browns have offered both 1st round picks to the Titans for #2 overall so they can get Mariota :laffo:
Why haven't the Titans taken that yet?
Is it because there's a bidding war? Because that would own so hard. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow night.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Diggin the unchanged Maurkice Pouncey

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Is it because there's a bidding war? Because that would own so hard. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow night.
It's because the Titans GM says he thinks there are only 15 1st round-worthy players. If you're being offered #12/19, then it's an equivalent to dropping off an elite prospect for a 2nd rounder.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Chip Kelly's Wild Ride has offered the entire offensive roster. Titans worried about having Tebow on the team though.

edit: Also a Titans source denied the Browns had offered this trade. Maybe they're trying to trick Chip into overpaying?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Both firsts for Mariota would be okay with me I guess. I'm numb at this point

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

football fuckerman posted:

Both firsts for Mariota would be okay with me I guess. I'm numb at this point

Either burn it all down for Mariota or let everything burn to give Manziel the clownshow next year.

Worst thing would be to pick a non-Mariota/Winston QB at any point in the draft.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I bet Febreeze is really mad he never came up with this pun

I didn't think Dick Butkus could ever be topped

I was wrong

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

When I turned 32, the Saints won the Super Bowl. When I turned 34, Bama spanked LSU for the Championship on my birthday and GODDAMMIT VERNON DAVIS happened a few days after.

The lesson: don't get older, it doesn't get better.

Hawks won the Super Bowl when I was 31, lost it when I was 32. Math checks out.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

Pouring one out for my friends who still live, drive and work in downtown Chicago this weekend.

Have fun with that bullshit.

I'm not your friend, buddy, but it hasn't affected me yet except I noticed a lot less homeless regulars on the walk from the train to my office.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The Browns made a deal with the devil to get back in Cleveland in 1999 or whenever it was. They have to ruin a certain number of quarterbacks before they will see success. We just don't know how many quarterbacks they agreed upon. When you have a chance to take someone like Manziel, that's almost a freebie for Satan's requirements.

E: I feel like, if you are a Browns fan, if you can get yourself to genuinely believe this, you would feel a little better about their sucking and you might even root for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dexo posted:

Eagles fans are just great at spelling their insults.

How many "o"s are supposed to be in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Dexo posted:

Eagles fans are just great at spelling their insults.

Cowgirls isn't considered a misspelling.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Great White Hope posted:

Either burn it all down for Mariota or let everything burn to give Manziel the clownshow next year.

Worst thing would be to pick a non-Mariota/Winston QB at any point in the draft.

I think it'll wind up being bullshit, and the Eagles will somehow wind up with him, while the Browns are left with Bradford...

...who will inevitably get hurt in the preseason before taking a snap and the Browns will be left trying to play out the football version of "Groundhog Day" yet again.

e: But we'll get our run stopper somehow! some big NT that will help us coast all the way to 4 whole wins!

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 29, 2015

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Cowgirls isn't considered a misspelling.

Yeah well I bet they don't know how to spell misogyny :colbert:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Chris James 2 posted:

SportsCenter reporting Browns have offered both 1st round picks to the Titans for #2 overall so they can get Mariota :laffo:

at this point if im tampa bay i take mariota just to gently caress with them

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Redskins listening to all trade offers. Come on men time to pony up some draft picks to my poo poo team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Man and his dog posted:

Redskins listening to all trade offers. Come on men time to pony up some draft picks to my poo poo team.

3 magic beans and 1 set of bradfords knees (slightly used) for your first and 2nd round picks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Patriots are going to trade their pick at the last second I'm going to lean back on my couch and wonder why I spent 5 hours watching and then crawl into bed tomorrow night

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Nobody is trading with anybody until Tennessee picks or trades its pick

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When was the last time the Patriots moved UP in the draft? I tried google but can't find poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A Man and his dog posted:

When was the last time the Patriots moved UP in the draft? I tried google but can't find poo poo.

They actually did it twice in 2012. Traded #27 and their 3rd rounder for #21 for Chandler Jones
Then traded #31 and their 4th rounder for #25 for Dont'a Hightower.

Two very good trades.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Think for Sebastian Volmer or chandler jones

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If the Browns trade for the #2 pick. I really hope the Cowboys trade a later pick for Manziel. I never want to see Brandon Weeden play football again and with Romo's back it's always possible.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's so cool that my team is relevant for another two days.

...before drafting Mariota and turning him into the next Vince Young.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Blitz7x posted:

Maybe if we had an offseason chat thread to hang out in and keep actual football discussion to the threads :colbert:

Perhaps you should post in forumid=1 if you would like to chat about dumb bullshit :grin:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Probably Magic posted:

So put him on suicide watch as soon as the pick gets announced. Then he isn't the next Vince Young, he's the next Zach Mettenberger.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Kalli posted:

They actually did it twice in 2012. Traded #27 and their 3rd rounder for #21 for Chandler Jones
Then traded #31 and their 4th rounder for #25 for Dont'a Hightower.

Two very good trades.

They also traded up in 2008 to select Jerod Mayo. I remember that because I wanted the Lions to take him :(

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Intruder posted:

Perhaps you should post in forumid=1 if you would like to chat about dumb bullshit :grin:

You know what they say....

"first the worst"...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I got to hear about how having DJ Swearinger on the trading block fits with the Patriot Way this morning

Hurray more Patriot Way stuff! :suicide:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I got to hear about how having DJ Swearinger on the trading block fits with the Patriot Way this morning

Hurray more Patriot Way stuff! :suicide:

Ugh. I hate this.

What is O'Brien's specialty supposed to be?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
49ers are getting alternate uniforms this year :dance:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2...hort_code=2wdg1

Please use one of the throwback logos, please please.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

:(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

Ugh. I hate this.

What is O'Brien's specialty supposed to be?

He's the sane Patriots' offensive coordinator of the Belichick era.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Eat poo poo shea mclellin

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

We want to talk to each other, not GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

He's the sane Patriots' offensive coordinator of the Belichick era.

To add on to this quarterbacks which explains why you don't need a high pick, he'll make anything work!

• Locked thread