Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The "stimulation" is mostly from the artificial light of the TV, which destroys melatonin produced naturally in your body. Not from the program content.

:science:

I've been going to sleep with the TV on for over thirty years and never had a problem. I'm usually out in 10-15 minutes.

On topic, I found this building construction kit I had as a kid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My wife and I didn't live together first. What's the big deal?

I just find it bizarre. Living with a spouse is an adjustment and I found it a strain on the relationship for a bit. Our habits were so different that we struggled for a bit. There's still things that we haven't worked out. After I make dinner, he wants to put everything away before we even eat. I just made dinner and I am hungry, I want to eat it and then put away the leftovers and clean up.

Like what if you get married and then the other person comes and takes a poo poo while you're in the shower, chatting with you all the while? deal. breaker.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

I just find it bizarre. Living with a spouse is an adjustment and I found it a strain on the relationship for a bit. Our habits were so different that we struggled for a bit. There's still things that we haven't worked out. After I make dinner, he wants to put everything away before we even eat. I just made dinner and I am hungry, I want to eat it and then put away the leftovers and clean up.

Like what if you get married and then the other person comes and takes a poo poo while you're in the shower, chatting with you all the while? deal. breaker.

Fair enough. But the way I see it, the whole endeavor can only succeed with compromise anyway. I think if the rest of the elements are there, you will adapt. It's just a matter of whether that happens before or after you get married.

A lot of the stuff that bothers people when living together are inconsequential pet peeves, but those will always be there. I've been married 17 years, and I still find new things to be irritated about. That just happens when you're in close proximity with anyone for an extended period of time.

Also, if your partner insists on making GBS threads while you shower, well your relationship probably also has other issues.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Also, if your partner insists on making GBS threads while you shower, well your relationship probably also has other issues.

Or you live in a house with one bathroom/toilet.

Content:

Because I've broken two vessels for my french press in the last week and I'm not buying another at the grocery store for $10 less than a whole new press.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Geoj posted:

Content:

Because I've broken two vessels for my french press in the last week and I'm not buying another at the grocery store for $10 less than a whole new press.

For a few seconds I didn't see the post you quotes and thought you were going to piss and poo poo in the french press vessel if someone was using your only bathroom.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Geoj posted:

Content:

I actually came to post that I purchased three new toilets. They aren't installed in a room I can enter to take pictures (hooray plastic wrapped rooms protecting the little bit of the house left from dust). I can't wait to try these new babies out. Splurged on Toto.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

That's not a very sexy label for lube.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/sikth

the one that comes with everything but vinyl because when i bought it you had to choose between cd or vinyl lol

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
Beach body time!

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

My weird-rear end dog decided to get into a fight with himself on my bed and somehow tore a seam in our comforter. So it was time to order a new one.

And I ordered myself a new wallet while I was at it. I don't know if it's better than my current wallet, but eh, I can always return it to Kohls up the road if I don't like it.

What site is that, I like that comforter

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Captain Duvel posted:

What site is that, I like that comforter

It's available at kohls.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Reverse Centaur posted:

A new smart watch came out, which means I had to buy it. I can't not buy it. LG Watch Urbane

Got it today, took some of my own pics while it does the slowest install ever in case anyone is curious:

Very happy with it so far. It's on the Google Play store now.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
How thick is the watch part? Smaller than the moto 360?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

Got it today, took some of my own pics while it does the slowest install ever in case anyone is curious:

Very happy with it so far. It's on the Google Play store now.

I tried to find reviews on this, or even information on what it does aside from 'stuff'

All the you tube videos are just scrolling pictures of the advertisement campaign

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SpartanIV posted:

How thick is the watch part? Smaller than the moto 360?

It looks a bit thinner due to its design, but the real difference is probably negligible.

Sappo569 posted:

I tried to find reviews on this, or even information on what it does aside from 'stuff'

All the you tube videos are just scrolling pictures of the advertisement campaign

It's amazing how terrible Google's marketing is. The basic explanation is it's a watch with unlimited face design choices that also allows you to view/dismiss phone notifications and use Google Now/voice dictation from your wrist. Or at least that's how I use it. It also takes your heartrate/counts steps but I consider those just gimmicks. It's not supposed to be a phone replacement or revolutionary new gadget or get filled with apps like a phone, though some people try and you can do stuff like buy from Amazon on it.

This is the best video I've found, but my watch is the first to have the next update so it's a bit out of date itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RDd2TIKdiw

Basically, don't overthink it. It's a watch that shows the same notifications that you get on your phone and has its own microphone. If you want more than that you'll be disappointed. It fits some people's lifestyles and not others, much like a tablet. I've never owned a tablet and this is my fifth smart watch.

Shithead Ocelot
Dec 12, 2004

I HAVE AN UNDERWEAR TURNAROUND RATE OF ONE EVERY MONTH (that's when i turn it around to the clean side)
New watch.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

So jelly, that's my dream watch. Silver body/black face moonwatch variant though.

How are the prices for them? One thing I'm worried with is that prices might jump like like 40 percent in 10 years or whatever it is rolexes do.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

So much better than the watch chat of the previous pages, excellent purchase. Congrats!

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

So jelly, that's my dream watch. Silver body/black face moonwatch variant though.

How are the prices for them? One thing I'm worried with is that prices might jump like like 40 percent in 10 years or whatever it is rolexes do.

Omega does pretty much the same increases. 3-7 % every year, sometimes every second year. In 10 years you can be sure it will be 40 % more unless Smartwatches really manage to produce a second Quartz-crisis.

This one should be about 9k (if it is the Dark Side of the Moon edition) or 6k if it isn't (substantial discounts are possible of course).

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Decius posted:

Omega does pretty much the same increases. 3-7 % every year, sometimes every second year. In 10 years you can be sure it will be 40 % more unless Smartwatches really manage to produce a second Quartz-crisis.

This one should be about 9k (if it is the Dark Side of the Moon edition) or 6k if it isn't (substantial discounts are possible of course).

It doesn't help that the used watch market ensures that the prices maintain even for watches 10 years old

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Part of me wishes my Speedy Pro had a co-axial chronometer.

Part of me.

Congrats on the purchase! You'll love it more every day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watch face is way too busy, 2/10.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Echeveria posted:

After I make dinner, he wants to put everything away before we even eat. I just made dinner and I am hungry, I want to eat it and then put away the leftovers and clean up.

My wife does this poo poo and I hate it. When I cook something I want to eat it while it is hot. We don't have animals or anything that is going to get into the food while it sits out on the stove for 15 minutes.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Eh, I'm in the "clean up immediately after cooking before eating" camp. I figure that I'll be in a food coma after my meal, and the time to quickly put stuff in the dishwasher/wipe the kitchen down gives my food time to rest. This comes in handy when cooking meat, where if you don't rest the food you get all the juices squirting out.

Not purchased yet, but debating whether to get the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight on PPV at my own place for $100 with a couple friends or go to a bar that's got a $30 cover.

Actual purchases:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Android Bicyclist posted:

Eh, I'm in the "clean up immediately after cooking before eating" camp. I figure that I'll be in a food coma after my meal

So how fat are you exactly?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It takes like 2 minutes to clean up after yourself and get this, one person can be cleaning while the other puts the food out. :o

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not to mention it's a lot easier/quicker to clean up while everything is still fresh/hot/whatever, before the food has time to dry and stick to everything.

Treemeister
Oct 15, 2006

HAY GUYS
I bought Shadow of Mordor in the Steam sale this weekend and I am loving it.

I'm also pro cleaning dishes prior to dinner. It's easier to clean and after cooking I usually just want to get out of the kitchen.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

How do you check your notifications!? on your phone, I know

KoB
May 1, 2009

RCarr posted:

Not to mention it's a lot easier/quicker to clean up while everything is still fresh/hot/whatever, before the food has time to dry and stick to everything.

And a lot of the time the food is piping hot from coming right off the pan, it needs to cool for a minute anyway.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Used Herman Miller Aeron (Type B). Has 1 broken wheel, otherwise in good shape. Paid $150 for it. Hopefully that is a good deal?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

App13 posted:

Used Herman Miller Aeron (Type B). Has 1 broken wheel, otherwise in good shape. Paid $150 for it. Hopefully that is a good deal?

I think I paid $175 for a used one back in 2012 and it's going strong still. Looks the same as the day I got it and I love it.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Leon Black posted:

New shed / summerhouse:

That's lovely! I think I'll see if something similar is available in this area.

Elbowed some old ladies out of the way at the rummage sale for this stuff:

I even found some granny glasses (actually for sale, not taken from little old ladies) for the kiddo's dress-up clothes:

She wont be able to appreciate them for a while.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

App13 posted:

It's a pretty big discount compared to buying new, that's for sure. We've had the same Aerons at work for the past ten years, and they seem like the only thing in the building that hasn't had to be refurbished in that time.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

kloa posted:

I think I paid $175 for a used one back in 2012 and it's going strong still. Looks the same as the day I got it and I love it.

This makes me feel comfortable with my purchase choices.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Toast Museum posted:

It's a pretty big discount compared to buying new, that's for sure. We've had the same Aerons at work for the past ten years, and they seem like the only thing in the building that hasn't had to be refurbished in that time.

Had them at one job and they were all broken in one way or another and uncomfortable as all hell. Nobody liked them and they eventually got replaced. The plastic bar across the bottom at the front digs into your legs and after prolonged sitting really start to hurt. I also like to sit on one leg and you cant do that in those chairs.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

^The chair isn't set to the correct height if it digs into your legs.

App13 posted:

This makes me feel comfortable with my purchase choices.

Didn't realize it was App13 :hfive:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RS29s/Ring laps. CHAOS REIGNS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

king of the bongo posted:

Beach body time!

need this shirt.